Farming in Orr

Farming in Orr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

So I stumbled upon a farming train in Cursed Shore today. They were going back and forth the spider tunnel, purposely making the event fail to redo it.
I read somewhere that this was considered an exploit and people get banned/suspended for it? Should I be somehow reporting it?

Also, is there another profitable (and legit) event train in Orr?

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

Do the event with them and make it pass every time you get the chance.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Linaeus.6253

Linaeus.6253

Pretty much what Sharen said. There is a legitimate train if this exploit isn’t used. If the event succeeds, most will go back to the regular pattern. It basically killing champs and doing temples when they are up.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

What I’d like to know, does Arena Net consider this an actual exploit? Something they’d ban people for doing? Links to any official comments by developers or staff?

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Can you not jump at the chance to tattle on everything that happens? Orr farming is unprofitable enough, if it isn’t harming you or the community in a substantial way then leave it alone :/

Farming in Orr

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

failing an event is not an exploit

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Can you not jump at the chance to tattle on everything that happens? Orr farming is unprofitable enough, if it isn’t harming you or the community in a substantial way then leave it alone :/

People have been banned and knowledge of the exploit not made known to the majority until after the ban. What A. Net considers harmful might be different from others. They’re the ones that have the final say. Unless someone asks, no one knows.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Niii Yu.4572

Niii Yu.4572

What I’d like to know, does Arena Net consider this an actual exploit? Something they’d ban people for doing? Links to any official comments by developers or staff?

You wont get banned for it, if they ban one person they have to ban thousands of other farmers which wont happen. Then you have people who exploit dungeons too, if they start banning people for exploiting the game will become a ghost town very quickly.By the way, Anet is very well aware of this event. They deleted few other threads already on this subject, so they’re aware. Yet they didn’t say its bannable or that we shouldn’t do it. They didn’t patch it. So anet is not completely innocent in this entire thing either.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

They didn’t ban people for Lyssa farm, Anchorage farm, Shelter and Dolyak farm.

What did they have all in common? Stalling/failing events.

You’re more likely to get banned for harrassing people completing the event than this

Farming in Orr

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

You’re more likely to get banned for harrassing people completing the event than this

I don’t agree with Vol very often, but when I do it’s about this.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Farming in Orr

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

On the contrary, I applaud the OP for reporting this.

There are many people who are concerned the way events are being failed/“exploited” on purpose and will now intervene. Squeezing more out of an event than is intended and designed for will harm everyone else in the long run.

If you’re not doing anything wrong, don’t have to be worried. Orr farming is hardly unprofitable; but greed makes it never enough.

However, once these “exploits” came to light, the events eventually did not exist in the same form anymore. I think that is at least true of the Shelter and Dolyak farm.

I don’t think they banned anyone. Everyone has done events in earnest and failed before so the intention to fail needs to be proven.

How is this proven? Aside from reports on the forums, I imagine once people start to make such event succeed, some frustrated exploiter is bound to whisper or say some abusive thing. Screenshot that and report and that’s your proof.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

This kind of problem happens before, when people fail events. Anet never banned anyone. What they did is change the event so people will no longer fail it on purpose. So get it while you can, because Anet will nerf it soon.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

On the contrary, I applaud the OP for reporting this.

There are many people who are concerned the way events are being failed/“exploited” on purpose and will now intervene. Squeezing more out of an event than is intended and designed for will harm everyone else in the long run.

If you’re not doing anything wrong, don’t have to be worried. Orr farming is hardly unprofitable; but greed makes it never enough.

However, once these “exploits” came to light, the events eventually did not exist in the same form anymore. I think that is at least true of the Shelter and Dolyak farm.

I don’t think they banned anyone. Everyone has done events in earnest and failed before so the intention to fail needs to be proven.

How is this proven? Aside from reports on the forums, I imagine once people start to make such event succeed, some frustrated exploiter is bound to whisper or say some abusive thing. Screenshot that and report and that’s your proof.

Yes, all the events I mentioned were patched in one way or another, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily bad.

Anet has done a lot to nerf legit events in game because they don’t want people to make gold.

Off the top of my head:
-Shelt/Pen farm was nerfed significantly after they introduced champ scaling and mob minions not dropping mobs
-Plinx respawn was nerfed after they felt that the event rewarded karma too frequently
-Fish corpse farming was nerfed because players discovered that the more players that participated, the more loot for everyone

The one farming scheme that I devised that was 100% legit got nerfed 1 month after I publicly posted the guide. It involved farming several Orr event chains from start to finish across three servers across multiple characters.

(edited by Vol.7601)

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just do everything that you can to make the events succeed. I do it every time I see people abusing the no fail mechanics of events to farm endless loot.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Just do everything that you can to make the events succeed. I do it every time I see people abusing the no fail mechanics of events to farm endless loot.

So you’d rather kitten 50+ people for your own satisfaction based on the assumption that they’re acting in a selfish way ?

I’m quite sad to read this. You are the selfish one.

People are doing this event for a reason and are kinda saving the economy while doing so. They are the ones who will make precursors and Legendaries cheaper, but you guys never want to see in the long term. Each time farming got nerfed, things became more expensive, that’s basic economics.

Now take some time and think again. Why not join them ? They’re doing good to everyone, do that too ^^

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Farming in Orr

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

failing an event is not an exploit

LOLOLOL. Because the devs intended people to fail events when they designed the DE system right? Ye. There used to be an Orr farm like this 9-10 months ago where people purposely failed an event south of meddlers waypoint. The devs fixed that event specifically for the reason that players were failing it to get huge amounts of loot. I remember those days, I remember trolling that event so hard to purposely make it succeed since thats the way its actually supposed to be done.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I though some people were banned for the linen farm in Iron Marches.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

LOLOLOL. Because the devs intended people to fail events when they designed the DE system right? Ye. There used to be an Orr farm like this 9-10 months ago where people purposely failed an event south of meddlers waypoint. The devs fixed that event specifically for the reason that players were failing it to get huge amounts of loot. I remember those days, I remember trolling that event so hard to purposely make it succeed since thats the way its actually supposed to be done.

Acknowleges that he trolls for the sole purpose of kittening people off. GG.

Plus DR kicks in after two hours so where’s the issue ? Are you mad that people actually make money in this game and not you ? Stop that.

And for Vayne, this isn’t a bannable offense to fail the event. The only thing that’s wrong is ANet in not having a longer queue for the event restart, thus making it farmable.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

Unfortunately, I doubt I can make the event succeed on my own.
I think I’d rather stay away from this trend until it’s confirmed to be safe. I’ll probably do the Champion train in FGS, even if it’s less profitable.

Also, Enaretos, could you explain how that basic economy works? From the little I know, the excessive gold coming in the economy would cause an inflation, making the prices go up…

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Exploit: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exploit

“An exploit is the misuse of a software feature or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers. It can involve the use of a third-party program and it includes generating currency, experience, or other things of value to players. It also includes actions that allow one player to gain a gameplay advantage over other players.

ArenaNet will temporarily suspend players for using exploits deliberately and permanently suspend those who purposefully and repeatedly make use of them, depending on the severity of their actions."

Identifying an exploit
“ArenaNet defines an exploit as any deliberate action that provides an unfair advantage over other players or otherwise hurts the game, community, or economy; it does not matter whether the exploit is a hack or makes use of a mechanic (bugged or otherwise) within the game. Before taking punitive action on an account, ANet considers whether players made deliberate use of the exploit; use of hacks or bots is always assumed to be deliberate. In addition, players that publicize an exploit are also subject to suspension or even banning, regardless of their motives, since well-publicized exploits require ArenaNet to react immediately to prevent the abuse, which diverts resources away from the rest of the game.

For a variety of reasons, the company cannot equivocally define exactly what will be considered an exploit, but they have offered the following rules of thumb:

Does it seem to good to be true?
Would your friends consider this to be an exploit?
Does it provide you with an unfair advantage over other players?
Could this be the result of a bug introduced with a recent update or new feature?
Does this seem like something that could be reasonably considered to be intended by ArenaNet?"

This is how I read this statement:
“An exploit is the misuse of a software feature (the event under discussion here) or bug in a way that allows a player to generate in-game benefits (loot) without the risk or time expected by the game’s designers (they expect the event to run to its expected conclusion and end).
And that:
If people are deliberately not allowing the event to end and are using that to farm loot in excess of what that event was expected to generate, then it’s an exploit.

ANet may not ban or suspend the people involved in an exploit, they may only nerf that event, but it’s taking a risk to join a situation that looks like an exploit. Imo, the loot generated is not worth your account getting banned.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Farming in Orr

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

My 2 cents:

It’s NOT an exploit because the event is designed to have 2 VALID outcomes: Success or Fail.
No game mechanic is broken when you purposely fail the event.

Farming in Orr

Astral Projections.7320

My 2 cents:

It’s NOT an exploit because the event is designed to have 2 VALID outcomes: Success or Fail.

I would think the question here is, did ANet make events, any events, with the intention that players would purposely fail them in order to have endlessly spawning mobs to farm?

I would say the answer is no. That they intended players to make every effort to succeed and that events would fail in spite of their efforts. In that case, if players are doing something that ANet did not intend when they made these events, if they are doing so in order to farm in excess of what was intended, then it’s an exploit and players doing so may be suspended or banned or the event changed to stop this farming.

Farming in Orr

Astral Projections.7320

Does no one here remember the Plinx (Dec 2012) and Pentient (Sept 2013) farms and what happened to them? How about the linen and jute farms (Dec 2013)?

While these three aren’t identical to what is happening now, I see some similarities.
1) farming in excess to what is intended.
2) farming endless mobs

What was different:
1) the first 2 were farming events that cycled rapidly. (Penitent and Plinx). End result, nerfed events.
2) the others were farming a bugged site. (The linen and jute farms). End result, mass bans which were later changed to suspensions.

Imo, this situation is falling between the 2 types but is closer to the linen/jute farms because they are deliberately taking advantage of a unintended consequence (failing the event). While ANet is very likely to simply nerf this event, they are also very likely to ban everyone there, like they did for the linen/jute, and reinstate later with a warning.

When you are considering to yourself if this is an exploit it wouldn’t hurt to remember these questions.

• Does it seem to good to be true?
  • Would your friends consider this to be an exploit?
  • Does this seem like something that could be reasonably considered to be intended by ArenaNet?"

If the answers are yes, or you think ANet will say the answers are yes, then you might think twice before you do that event.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Now farming is an exploit too? GW2 community makes me sicker day by day …

ps: Remember what happened at the ember farm. ANet just changed the event.

/thread

Farming in Orr

leebe.2093

I would think the question here is, did ANet make events, any events, with the intention that players would purposely fail them in order to have endlessly spawning mobs to farm?

failing the event doesnt cause endless mobs to spawn, the event itself causes a lot of mobs, when it fails its over, no more mobs

I would say the answer is no. That they intended players to make every effort to succeed and that events would fail in spite of their efforts. In that case, if players are doing something that ANet did not intend when they made these events, if they are doing so in order to farm in excess of what was intended, then it’s an exploit and players doing so may be suspended or banned or the event changed to stop this farming.

so are you saying its an exploit because ANet doesnt want people to fail events? and if they do they are exploiting it? or are you against farming in general? did ANet intend people to farm? how can people farm in excess of what was intended? surely ANet controls the loot and DR

bottom line is this event is supposed to finish in one of two ways and it does, there is no exploit, players take the event to its predetermined conclusion, again and again

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

/thread

And at the linen farm, people were banned, apparently

Farming in Orr

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I usually dont mind those farms, but lately the use of caps and name-calling in chat is too much. There is a number of reason why ppl want the event to succed, and “trolling” is just one of them. (btw, does anybody else find it hilarious that succeding an event is “trolling”?)
If only the farmers could be polite about it, accept a few less bags once in a while and move on, there wouldnt be any problems. As it is now, with reports of abuse and harrasment, Anet will most likely nerf it, and everybody loose.

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

Would be cool if you stopped acting like a brown nosing preschooler who is tattling on his classmates to please his teacher. Seriously. If anything they’re helping the economy by putting more precursers and such on the market. Orr farming has been nerfed really bad, it’s not as great as you seem to think it is. They’re not gaining some huge unfair advantage over everyone else, if you want money and items go do it too.

If ANet considers it an exploit, you can’t just tell people “go do it too”.
And yes, they are gaining an unfair advantage. If I’m busting my kitten off doing dungeons all day to make gold, I certainly don’t want people making more gold than me with a lot less effort.

I’ve done it, dungeon running still makes more. Drops are bad dude. Dungeons could almost be considered an exploit at this point anyway “stack here” “stack there” “pewpewthis”, a lot of things in this game are not going as anet intended them to. I highly doubt they wanted us to stack in corners all the time and kitten. I just don’t like it when people call attention to orr. Even when we fail events like this we still don’t gain more than the dungeon runners, orr has been nerfed really badly. I don’t want it to get nerfed worse :/

What happens in dungeons is a whole different topic.
You don’t like that you’re making less (according to you, at least) than dungeon runners?
Even with the most ridiculous tactics, killing bosses within seconds with 4 FGSs, dungeon running is still a whole lot more effort than what you’re doing. Of course you should make less.

Farming in Orr

Dalanor.5387

/thread

These are two completely different situations and issues.

And yes, they are gaining an unfair advantage. If I’m busting my kitten off doing dungeons all day to make gold, I certainly don’t want people making more gold than me with a lot less effort.

Proof? Source? Reliable statistics? Envy is one of the deadly sins, don’t do it mate.

Attachments:

Farming in Orr

Khyber.2693

Would be cool if you stopped acting like a brown nosing preschooler who is tattling on his classmates to please his teacher. Seriously. If anything they’re helping the economy by putting more precursers and such on the market. Orr farming has been nerfed really bad, it’s not as great as you seem to think it is. They’re not gaining some huge unfair advantage over everyone else, if you want money and items go do it too.

If ANet considers it an exploit, you can’t just tell people “go do it too”.

I’ve done it, dungeon running still makes more. Drops are bad dude. Dungeons could almost be considered an exploit at this point anyway “stack here” “stack there” “pewpewthis”, a lot of things in this game are not going as anet intended them to. I highly doubt they wanted us to stack in corners all the time and kitten. I just don’t like it when people call attention to orr. Even when we fail events like this we still don’t gain more than the dungeon runners, orr has been nerfed really badly. I don’t want it to get nerfed worse :/

What happens in dungeons is a whole different topic.
You don’t like that you’re making less (according to you, at least) than dungeon runners?
Even with the most ridiculous tactics, killing bosses within seconds with 4 FGSs, dungeon running is still a whole lot more effort than what you’re doing. Of course you should make less.

Implying that running around Orr for several hours does not take effort and work. Don’t get me wrong, I run dungeons too. Most of them take zero effort. The only ones that take actual effort are aetherpath and arah. I run a set of dungeons every day, it’s easy peasy. You have to be an idiot to be bad at them. What I’m saying is that there should be more than one way to make good money in this game. As of right now you run dungeons, become an econ pro and flip the tp, or pay with your credit card. I would rather not have my favorite farming spot nerfed, I have fun there. This is a game, you should be able to make money doing something you deem fun.

On the dungeon topic though, you can’t be serious. If you don’t think running into a wall with FGS and stacking everywhere to avoid boss mechanics is exploiting than you need to go see a doctor. Clearly dungeons where not meant to be ran that way, but we do it anyway, and it hasnt been stopped by Anet. Dungeons aren’t difficult. So why should Orr be “fixed”? Even with the event failing we still make less than you. So stop crying, keep running your dungeons, and leave us farmers in peace.

Farming in Orr

Astral Projections.7320

failing the event doesnt cause endless mobs to spawn, the event itself causes a lot of mobs, when it fails its over, no more mobs

so are you saying its an exploit because ANet doesnt want people to fail events? and if they do they are exploiting it? or are you against farming in general? did ANet intend people to farm? how can people farm in excess of what was intended? surely ANet controls the loot and DR

bottom line is this event is supposed to finish in one of two ways and it does, there is no exploit, players take the event to its predetermined conclusion, again and again

For the record, I love farming. If I didn’t suspect that this was an exploit I would be there too, farming for hours and loving it. I was there for Penitents and I was nearly there for the linen farm (I heard about it the day before the mass banning and didn’t go for lack of time and missed being banned by that much). Both times I didn’t think it was an exploit and both times ANet did.

The problem with this situation, the way is see it, I don’t think ANet designed the dynamic event system with the intention that masses of people would deliberately fail an event repeatedly for monetary gain. Fail one to see the next step, ok. Fail one in spite of trying to succeed, ok. Fail one repeatedly by a large number of people for hours at a time in order to get loads of loot, not ok.

Any time there has been situations where crowds of people are in one spot, farming for extended periods at a time, where ANet did not intend people to do that, those places have been nerfed and in a couple of times, there were mass bans. The problem, as far as I can tell, is the amount of loot generated in a short period of time by so many people. When so many are getting so much, it floods the market and prices start dropping. Now you nor I might not consider dropping prices like this to be a problem, but to ANet it’s a sign that this particular farming is in excess of what is intended. And there lies the problem, because their solution may be only to nerf it, but they may also hand out a blanket ban to stop it in its tracks like they did with the linen farm.

Farming in Orr

Khyber.2693

/thread

Proof? Source? Reliable statistics? Envy is one of the deadly sins, don’t do it mate.

I don’t even know what he is envious of, we still don’t make as much as the dungeon runners. There needs to be more viable ways of making money in this game other than market simulator and dungeon spammer.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

Dear OP

why on earth would you report somebody for doing something that has literally zero negative effect on yourself?
Don’t be a tattle tale, nobody likes tattle tales. You should have learned that when you were in school but some people never seem to get that lesson.

Stop being a square everybody, let people farm if they want.

Thanks.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

In addition, players that publicize an exploit are also subject to suspension or even banning, regardless of their motives, since well-publicized exploits require ArenaNet to react immediately to prevent the abuse, which diverts resources away from the rest of the game.

Careful.

Farming in Orr

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Do the event with them and make it pass every time you get the chance.

And then when they start threatening you report them :P

No official word that I know of. Technically it is, but yeah no one knows.

These sort of things they usually fix via patching not banning.

My 2 cents:

Ah but failure is not intended to be something to strive for. Failure is there to tell you: ‘better luck next time’.

/thread

Not farming per say, it’s farming via event failure. The question hang over the failure part.

I usually dont mind those farms, but lately the use of caps and name-calling in chat is too much. There is a number of reason why ppl want the event to succed, and “trolling” is just one of them. (btw, does anybody else find it hilarious that succeding an event is “trolling”?)
If only the farmers could be polite about it, accept a few less bags once in a while and move on, there wouldnt be any problems. As it is now, with reports of abuse and harrasment, Anet will most likely nerf it, and everybody loose.

I think this is the reason why they removed the queen’s dale champ farm. It’s probably the mob mentality thing.

For the record, I love farming.

It’s like I go into the zone, simple repetitive activities just put me in this zen-like state.

Don’t be a tattle tale, nobody likes tattle tales. You should have learned that when you were in school but some people never seem to get that lesson.

You call it tattle taling, I call it whistle blowing

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

My 2 cents:

Purposely failing an event in order to reset a chain from its intended conclusion is very much an exploit of the software in order to profit from it… read your code of conduct.

Hopefully sometime soon the ban hammer will fall and those who have profited from this in extremes will no longer be in game, those less severe handed smaller bans and account rollbacks…. I would LMAO if it happened.. Orr would have a new river of tears to drown in

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

/thread

May be so, but ANet has not explicitly announced their opinion on this method yet. Until they have, we can’t know for sure.
Sure, I can’t reliably prove that it’s true (and never said so), but you can’t prove that it’s the opposite either. And I’m not being envious. If I wanted to, I could join in on the free gold as well. What I want is justice and fairness.

Implying that running around Orr for several hours does not take effort and work. Don’t get me wrong, I run dungeons too. Most of them take zero effort. The only ones that take actual effort are aetherpath and arah. I run a set of dungeons every day, it’s easy peasy. You have to be an idiot to be bad at them. What I’m saying is that there should be more than one way to make good money in this game. As of right now you run dungeons, become an econ pro and flip the tp, or pay with your credit card. I would rather not have my favorite farming spot nerfed, I have fun there. This is a game, you should be able to make money doing something you deem fun.

On the dungeon topic though, you can’t be serious. If you don’t think running into a wall with FGS and stacking everywhere to avoid boss mechanics is exploiting than you need to go see a doctor. Clearly dungeons where not meant to be ran that way, but we do it anyway, and it hasnt been stopped by Anet. Dungeons aren’t difficult. So why should Orr be “fixed”? Even with the event failing we still make less than you. So stop crying, keep running your dungeons, and leave us farmers in peace.

I’m not “implying” it, I’m straight up saying that you can do the Blix farm one-handed, with one eye closed, your dodge key disabled and while watching your favorite show in a different window. Are you seriously trying to say that running dungeons doesn’t take more effort?

As for the other topic, I said that it’s not related to the issue we’re discussing here. That’s why I don’t plan to talk about it. If you want to complain, make a topic on the Dungeon sub forum and I’ll be right there to discuss and present my opinion.
As for the “we still make less than you”, I’ll believe it when you prove it.

Dear OP

why on earth would you report somebody for doing something that has literally zero negative effect on yourself?

Stop being a square everybody, let people farm if they want.

Thanks.

Like I said above, all I want is justice and fairness.
If you replace the word “farm” with “exploit”, you might see the error of your thought process.

(edited by Axelwarrior.9084)

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

When succeeding an event is less profitable than failing it… Doesn’t that tell us that there’s a major design flaw with event rewards?

Edit: Anet also seem to have realized this, just look at the Dry Top events.

(edited by Rabe.2456)

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

You realize if it is in fact an exploit you are likely to get banned as well for making a public thread and increasing the popularity of it right?

Farming in Orr

Ayrilana.1396

So you’d rather kitten 50+ people for your own satisfaction based on the assumption that they’re acting in a selfish way ?

I’m quite sad to read this. You are the selfish one.

People are doing this event for a reason and are kinda saving the economy while doing so. They are the ones who will make precursors and Legendaries cheaper, but you guys never want to see in the long term. Each time farming got nerfed, things became more expensive, that’s basic economics.

Now take some time and think again. Why not join them ? They’re doing good to everyone, do that too ^^

It’s an exploit. You’re purposely letting the event fail so that endless waves of risen swarm you that drop loot. You can try to justify it all that you want but it’s still wrong.

Farming in Orr

Dalanor.5387

/thread

May be so, but ANet has not explicitly announced their opinion on this method yet. Until they have, we can’t know for sure.
Sure, I can’t reliably prove that it’s true (and never said so), but you can’t prove that it’s the opposite either. And I’m not being envious. If I wanted to, I could join in on the free gold as well. What I want is justice and fairness.

ANet don’t like to confirm or even mention exploits, why do you expect that? They just simply punish for it. Therefore, following the thing called common sense, you can assume they will do the same as in a previous case (ember farm), nerf the event upon failing.
Stop with the non-sense white knighting, it’s unhealthy.

As for the envy thing, if you make less than 5g per hour with farming, you do something horribly bad. If you are lucky, you can make more sure, but it’s RNG and also path selling can be more profitable, but thats out of the question now.

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

You realize if it is in fact an exploit you are likely to get banned as well for making a public thread and increasing the popularity of it right?

So making a thread to ask about reporting people for doing an exploit is gonna get me banned? That’s even more ridiculous than the exploit itself

Farming in Orr

Axelwarrior.9084

/thread

ANet don’t like to confirm or even mention exploits, why do you expect that? They just simply punish for it. Therefore, following the thing called common sense, you can assume they will do the same as in a previous case (ember farm), nerf the event upon failing.
Stop with the non-sense white knighting, it’s unhealthy.

As for the envy thing, if you make less than 5g per hour with farming, you do something horribly bad. If you are lucky, you can make more sure, but it’s RNG and also path selling can be more profitable, but thats out of the question now.

You do realize you’re going back and forth right now? You say it’s not the same as the linen farm, I say we can’t be sure without ANet’s confirmation, you say it’s the same as the ember by “following common sense” and then I proceed to say we can’t be sure etc. etc.
I tried really hard to make sense of your second paragraph and see how it contradicts my comment, but I’ve failed.

Farming in Orr

Ayrilana.1396

What Anet needs to do is increase the interval between when the event fails to when it starts again up to 20 minutes.

Farming in Orr

leebe.2093

It’s an exploit. You’re purposely letting the event fail so that endless waves of risen swarm you that drop loot. You can try to justify it all that you want but it’s still wrong.

the event itself spawns the mobs, when it fails there are no mobs, failing does not spawn mobs, you have to start the event again from the begining

the only difference between failing or not is time, the event starts again sooner if it fails

Farming in Orr

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

My 2 cents:

Did ANet intend for zerkers to finish dungeon runs at 7 minutes?
Did ANet intend stacking techniques?
Did ANet intend skipping some bosses/mobs?
Did ANet intend getting to 80 via crafting and not exploring?

See my point? It’s not about how to “ideally” play it – it’s about not breaking the design/rules. Events are designed to have 2 legal outcomes – pass or fail. As long as you play by the rules (ie: you fail it by not stepping inside the red circle, not via something that would make it bug out) – you’re good.

I don’t see anything that “requires/forces” us to finish events. “Ideally”, we should – but we can choose not to because we’re not required to do so.

I thought it’s a “play how you want” thing on Guild Wars 2? As long as you’re not breaking something that is not on the game design/rule/concept…

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

There is always a few people, including me, who try to finish the event against the exploiters. However, the upscaling makes it almost impossible in most situations… :/

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Farming in Orr

Posted by: catalystic.1074

catalystic.1074

I love succeeding events, their tears sustain me. Honestly though they get so upset when someone does an event they way it’s intended to be done. I’ve aided in making events succeed while clearing maps sometimes and the hate for that? Wow..

Farming in Orr

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Wow memories are short. When the Ember Farm was happening, which worked in the exact way you are describing (deliberately failing an event for more rewards) Anet made an official statement that deliberately failing an event for the purpose of monetary gain was not the intention behind dynamic events and not what they want for the game. If you want to you can search for the post yourself, I don’t have the time to find it. While it is not an exploit it is not something they want people doing.

The bigger issue comes in when people are actually looking to complete events and the farm mob starts screaming at them to let it fail. You can make however many arguments you want to try and excuse doing it, but at the end of the day Anet has already said deliberate failure is not what they intend. If they find out about it they will likely nerf the event, the least punishing way is to just turn the majority of the champs into elites, which I think is what happened with the blight that was the Ember Farm.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Farming in Orr

Posted by: catalystic.1074

catalystic.1074

So making a thread to ask about reporting people for doing an exploit is gonna get me banned? That’s even more ridiculous than the exploit itself

Rules of conduct:
You will not exploit any bug in Guild Wars 2 and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits) either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Guild Wars 2.

There have been other threads about this very same issue in the last few days and they all were removed from the forum. Then you come here and open a new thread explaining where and how to perform the exploit. On top of that you would want to report the farmers so hopefully they get banned but you don’t anything bad to happen to your account even though you’ve communicated the exploit via public posting. The irony lol

You should have submitted a ticket instead, asking a GM to solve your doubts instead of making the exploit public.

I don’t think that really applies to op. They were asking a question about the Orr farming, not advertising how they are exploiting it.