Fastest way to farm Empyreal Fragments?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Dungeons or open world chests? Those are the two options I’m picking right now.

The question is… which method is more efficient at farming Empyreal Fragments? I have yet to make an Empyreal Star because of how rare they are. :/

What’s your take on this?

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

Dungeons probably, though if you have some alts you don’t use you can park them at some of the open world chests for that little extra per day. I believe some smaller WvW objectives reward them as well, but I do not know how reliable that is as a source.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Probably dungeons + jumping puzzles on a daily basis, and not just a few per day, I’m talking like 12-15 puzzles ++ though you’ll get more just by doing each path per dungeons.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

Can’t tell if serious….

But dungeons is pretty fast, honestly just playing I’m making so many stacks of these, I wouldn’t worry about farming

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

You can get Empyreal Fragments pretty quickly in the Silverwastes. Spend some time doing events to get crests and shovels, get some bandit keys from the vendor, and then open Lost Bandit Chests, or party up with others doing a chest farm train. You’ll have a good number of fragments pretty quickly.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Dungeon speed clears hands down. Nothing else comes close.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Silverwastes Chests > Edge of the Mists > Doing mid level fractals if you are fractal lvl 50 > dungeons > open world chests (but parking alts at jump puzzles is good)

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

“Rare” is a matter of opinion. I personally have destroyed over 2500 myself, and keep at least 1500 on hand at any given time.

However, Silverwastes and WvW is where I would say the best spots are. You get 7-13 per chest in Silverwastes, and some from the camp commanders/lords.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

Silverwastes chest farm is very fast for those.

You also get the Obsidian shards to refine them along the way.

I made 20 or so stars just from doing this for maybe half an hour once in a while and I have seen people with over a thousand shards from just that (Shard drop much less than Empyreal Fragments)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You get 20 for each explorable dungeon path and most of those can be run pretty quickly and I believe they can be run twice a day, if it’s only the empyreal frags you are concerned about.

The lost bandit chests may (or may not) give you 7-13, but you need to spend time doing events to get keys and then time searching (and being harassed by hyenas and mordrem while carrying a shovel or trying to unlock).

If you have alts, you can run them through the easy to reach chests in Queensdale, plains of Ashford and Wayfarers. I would run my 9 alts to those chests and get a fair amount, but it’s time consuming to do this.

My guess in terms of the fastest, dungeons.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Can’t tell if serious….

But dungeons is pretty fast, honestly just playing I’m making so many stacks of these, I wouldn’t worry about farming

I’m serious. nod

Anyway, so it sounds like dungeons. I’m nervous about doing dungeons without my guild because… well, they are all RL friends, but the guild is totally inactive except me. They’ve moved onto other things.

The reason I’m nervous is I don’t like random parties and I don’t like it when people take the game too seriously and get angry if I screw up. I know this community tends to be nicer (much) than WoW’s, but I’m weary.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Can’t tell if serious….

I’m serious. nod

Anyway, so it sounds like dungeons. I’m nervous about doing dungeons without my guild because… well, they are all RL friends, but the guild is totally inactive except me. They’ve moved onto other things.

The reason I’m nervous is I don’t like random parties and I don’t like it when people take the game too seriously and get angry if I screw up. I know this community tends to be nicer (much) than WoW’s, but I’m weary.

While you do read the stories of terrible players, people ranting, rage quitting, insulting, etc. they are few and far between cases. By and large the community is really awesome. However, try to find a guild that has more of what you are looking for as far as groups. I recommend Cat Biscuits myself. Hit me up in-game and I’ll send you an invite. It’s a very cool group of people, laid back and are not picky when it comes to dungeons (or anything else for that matter).

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I do a couple dungeons a day, I delete a stack of empyreals or two a day

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

There’s youtube video on how to farm emphyreal fragment in the open world chest.

You do get decent amount of emphyreal fragment just opening chest in the open world. But dungeon not only give emphyreal fragment, but also gold and token.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Silverwastes chest farming by far

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Silverwastes Chests > Edge of the Mists > Doing mid level fractals if you are fractal lvl 50 > dungeons > open world chests (but parking alts at jump puzzles is good)

Dragonite and Fragments were removed from EotM rewards.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i got tonnes of empyreal fragments and refine them already into stars. now i got more that a stack of stars.

so, OP , go farm in the Silverwastes…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Fastest = Silverwastes chest farms
Fast = EotM karma train/Dungeon speedclears
Slow = Fractals
Slowest = Open world chest hunting

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Group of 5 flipping camps in WvW. Each time you kill the camp Veteran Supervisor you get 3-5 empyreal fragments (it got nerfed cause the drop rate used to be insane).

After you’ve done your dungeons, I would say WvW would be faster than Silverwastes, especially if you’re in a middle tier with enough activity for people to be flipping camps behind you but not be defending the camps in front of you. Since there’s a total of 24 camps, that’s plenty of legit farming if you want to go for it.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

Group of 5 flipping camps in WvW. Each time you kill the camp Veteran Supervisor you get 3-5 empyreal fragments (it got nerfed cause the drop rate used to be insane).

After you’ve done your dungeons, I would say WvW would be faster than Silverwastes, especially if you’re in a middle tier with enough activity for people to be flipping camps behind you but not be defending the camps in front of you. Since there’s a total of 24 camps, that’s plenty of legit farming if you want to go for it.

LOL are you kidding, clearly you havent done any chest farm in silverwaste.

Join a chest farm map and you get a stack of empyreal fragments per 20 minutes, since you get 7-13 per chest and a round get you 30-40 chest.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

As stated above, you can remove EotM from your lists. Ascended mats no longer drop from the objective chests. Bloodstone still drops from champ bags, obviously.

SW chest farm by far the best way at the moment. As an added bonus you get loads and loads of bloodstone and dragonite, too, so all your ascended mats in one package.

I could add that SW chest farm is at the moment so ridiculously lucrative, that it will get nerf batted anytime soon, mark my words.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I do a couple dungeons a day, I delete a stack of empyreals or two a day

Was the Star of Gratitude quest too difficult?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: NoobOnSteroid.7192

NoobOnSteroid.7192

Do Silverwastes chest farms, no need to party up, or actually fight, just go on the LFG tool and find a chest farm map, and follow the big chest farm zerg. If you don’t have any bandit crests or bandit skeleton keys, you’ll need to get those first by doing events in the Silverwastes.

I’m drowning in ascended materials, and everything else you get is a nice bonus.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Dragonite and Fragments were removed from EotM rewards.

They added them back, at least Fragments – did EotM 2 days ago and I got Fragments for each cap. I can’t remember if the keeps awarded Dragonite again, but I think they did.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I really really really wish I could send you some of my ~150 stacks of each…

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Dungeons hands down. Before the “Christmas star thingy” that eats them i would delete 250 stacks very regularly.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

If you’re in a guild/friend group that can speedclear 10+ dungeon paths in a few hours, that’s the fastest. Otherwise Silverwastes.

A combination of them also works (do the paths that you know you can do fast, then SW chestfarm the rest of the time).

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

If you’re in a guild/friend group that can speedclear 10+ dungeon paths in a few hours, that’s the fastest. Otherwise Silverwastes.

A combination of them also works (do the paths that you know you can do fast, then SW chestfarm the rest of the time).

You must be doing some realy special dungeons if you can keep up with the 3 stacks you get per hour by doing chest farm, just to help with the math.
SW chest farm: 1 round 30-40 chest giving 7-13 empyreal fragment per chest and 1 round takes 20 minutes average. so that is around 250 per hour.
Would love to see that elite group who can get more doing dungeons