in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Body.7834

Body.7834

https://www.guildwars2.com/de/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

Let’s see what we get this time… :P

1. Competitive Week
2. A Fresh Start
3. Collecting and Trading

While the first week covers PvP/WvW, I’m not sure what “A Fresh Start” will be… Any ideas?

Btw, check http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34887 for more details

Feature Pack September 2014

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I was honestly not expecting another feature pack this early, so I’m having my doubts about the amount content it’ll bring. It probably won’t be as exciting as the previous one

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

The rumors were true. \o/

Command the Rainbow —> Different colors for tags.

(edited by Ignavia.7420)

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

I prefer balance patch before the feature pack patch. Why do you change the visuals and basic rules while people running away from your game because of stupid balance issues.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

“Feature Pack” always reminds me of those pre-bundled units of those tiny one-serving cereals boxes all wrapped together in plastic. There’s the tasty ones you buy the pack for, and the other ones sandwiched in the middle that taste like sawdust which will sit there unopened forever.

The information posted looks like it could be enticing, but the real stuff in the middle may not deliver flavor.

Honestly, I think this is so ambiguous, that it’s non-news. Can’t bother even speculating. If they are trying to stir up hype by being vague, I’m not interested.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Ignavia.7420

I prefer balance patch before the feature pack patch. Why do you change the visuals and basic rules while people running away from your game because of stupid balance issues.

Tournament of Legends is on August, 23/24. They don’t want to mess that up.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Linear precursor aquisition or….well nothing. But I think it is high time you add it.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I want the balance patch desperately as well, but you seem to be grossly overstating its importance.

Most of the game’s issues are rooted in flaws that require updates such as the feature pack to fix. Do I believe that this feature pack is aimed at the right issues (just judging by its title headings)? No. Absolutely not.

Balance, however, is such a small, almost insignificant part of game improvement and community maintenance. It’s helpful. It’s something to aspire to. It’s a way to better your game. But it is a minor issue – and it is an issue that realistically can’t be fixed. Balance issues, including serious ones, will always exist; the best a development team can do is shift the issues around.

No, what the game needs is better dungeon content that isn’t just “stack and smack.” It needs more skills of a more specialized nature to make character building meaningful and varied. It needs better reward distribution, particularly for its open-world dynamic events. It needs more polished WvW. It needs PvP modes that compare to the reputation of its predecessor’s excellent PvP.

Balance isn’t even the icing that Guild Wars 2 needs to be a better cake. At best, balance would be the sprinkles that go on top of it all.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1. Competitive Week
2. A Fresh Start

While the first week covers PvP/WvW, I’m not sure what “A Fresh Start” will be… Any ideas?

A Fresh Start could possibly be a reset for the Glicko rating or rebalancing world WvW populations?

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I was honestly not expecting another feature pack this early, so I’m having my doubts about the amount content it’ll bring. It probably won’t be as exciting as the previous one

It’s gonna be 4 months since the previous one, it’s not “this early”. I think that’s what they said anyway, about 4 moths between each feature pack.

Posted by: blackoil.2673

blackoil.2673

In spanish it’s translated as “Be a true commander” (Sed verdaderos comandantes)

edit: from spanish website:
→ Do you want to feel the glory?
→ Balance law
→ Tricks and Explosive Finales
→ Be a true commander
→ Prepare to fight

(edited by blackoil.2673)

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

These flashbacks to how so much I cared about was destroyed with the first one. Fresh in my memory.

I wonder what the week 2 and week 3 things are. Could be interesting on some level.

let the sky fall

Ignavia.7420

Tricks and Explosives could be new traps for WvW, but that’s just speculation.

In spanish it’s translated as “Be a true commander” (Sed verdaderos comandantes)

Hopefully that means that it is not just the colors, but that you can set the visibility of your tag, too. Making it account bound would not hurt, either.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Tricks and Explosives could be new traps for WvW, but that’s just speculation.

Hopefully that means that it is not just the colors, but that you can set the visibility of your tag, too. Making it account bound would not hurt, either.

would me not wonder when you have to buy different colours in gemshop^^

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

Let’s see what we get this time… :P ….

2. A Fresh Start
…..

Please OH PLEASE be new weapons skills, utilities and elites for all classes. T A T

I will be thuper thad if it isn’t. #MesmerMeleeLongbow2014

FFWC forum moderators. :)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Fresh Start? Isn’t it about trials?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

wooowwww… so amazing. Like we didn’t know that feature patch is coming in next 2 months already. Exciting news….<yawn>…

So no expansion this year or next year, again ?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

Ignavia.7420

Fresh Start probably means that they reset all achievements. Wait, better not give them ideas.

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

One map each year.

Can I get the Mini Mystical Dragon…

Where is Dragon Bash?

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Regarding Fresh Start, if the level 60 experience scroll that was datamined on reddit is anything to go by…raise the level cap…?
Where’s the mounts? :P

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

“Fühlt ihr euch zu Höherem berufen?”

is the German one which translates the “Do you feel glorious?” differently. It’s more like “do you feel called / summoned for s.th. more important”

Perhaps it is really a tease for some commander features that are not super clunky “/supplyinfo” commands with almost zero range.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ooooo! Colored Commander Tags! That should make some players very happy! =)

Only four, but still….

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i assume there wont be content, because it is a FEATURE release!!!

if you still didnt get it: they will release new features. regarding to pvp this is much needed and hype

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

Just throwing my 2 cents to discussion about features of GW2..

GW1 & GW2 veteran here, stopped playing around february 2014 because of growing tired of the state of GW2. Same has happened to me with WoW between last content update of one expansion and their next upcoming expansion be it for example Burning Crusade’s Sunwell and then waiting for Lich King expansion. So I’m not saying GW2 is different and should keep a player hooked like a neverending stash of cocaine.

GW2 feels different with WoW or other it’s rivals because Anet doesn’t give players any content that they have been waiting for 2 years and I’m talking about things that players like to do together and go hand2hand in Guild Wars: GvG, dungeons, Guild Halls, armours&weapons that you get from PvE and not from trading post, Elite Areas like FoW/UW/Urgoz with 8 or 12 parties. Those are some examples these forums have screamed for 2 years.

So with the september feature pack coming, maybe there will be some meat around bones that gets old school players excited.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Will this ‘feature pack’ give our characters the capability to dodge without limitation? Since that’s pretty much all we do anymore. Dodge and dodge and dodge while fighting hokey pokey bosses. Oh, and how about actual functioning jet packs, so those of us who just want to get on with it can reach those hard to reach places? Then again, all this jumping about has got me nostalgic, maybe I’ll break out my old Sega Master System – I’ve got those way cool 3D glasses! Say, could you do future chapters of LS in 3D? You kinda almost had the red/blue thing going on a couple of times in that one boss fight…

The table is a fable.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

‘Explosive finales’, I think ‘finale’ is the important word there. Either they’re gonna spice up WvW scoring system to allow comebacks or they’ll give us a new gamemode/revise the scoring system in conquest. As much as it is fun to play conquest, it suffers from snowballing and it’s just not fun to watch as a spectator.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

From basing this annoucnement, that they want to focus on PvP and WvW, i guess we might see some stuff that we suggested together in those PvP and WvW CDI’s
But I just hope that we see something along the line of these things for WvW (I’m no PvP, so I can’t speak for their suggestions in the CDI, other than having general suggestions that might bring me to start PvPing)

PvP:

• Balance Patch Included, from the current Skill Bar Stuff peopel guessed already that this Balance Patch will come around September, so it would fit well to do both at the same time.
  • New PvP Mode – The Arena for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 Duels
  • New PvP Mode – The Codex (Play with an automatic random pregiven Class & Build, you don’t decise what you play the game decides with what you have to go into Combat each time new)
  • New PvP Mode – Island of the Survivor – 1v4, try to survive as long as possible, if the 4 can’t kill you before the time runs out, you win. The isle offers helpful utilities that make it for the single player a bit easier to fight against 4 players and it isn’t on the isle also always wise to go just all in on that 1 player to force the win, as the tide could turn very quickly if that player lays a deadly trap into that all run into.
  • New PvP Mode – All vs All Last Man Standing (basically like the Suvival Minigame, but just with the real GW2 Skills

Stuf like that is it, that PvP needs, it needs more gameplay alternatives, than this stale and boring always the same stuff, that it has now for 2 years.
Also the return of such things like Fort Aspenwood and that oher Jade thing PvP Combat Map from GW1 would be very nice (Maybe as some kind of new PvP Fractal Maps Why not make usage of the Fractal System also for PvP to create some new interesting PvP Maps where we all have to use also completely time and location/creature oriented new skills
—-

WvW

• Comander System Redesign (Multi Color Comander Icons, more Options for the Commander to easier command its Squads, more usage of the Squad System in general
  • Adding the known yet not implemented WvW Skill Lines Reinforcement Mastery and assault Mastery, raising some of the current Skill Lines to have also 10 Perks, merging some of the Skill Lines
  • Adding hopefully Class Role Skill Lines, class specific WvW Skill Lines, that improve the roles of each class for WvW, so that every class is somehow different special and useful for WvW, like Thieves becoming better Infiltrators, Saboteurs and Rogues that can get easier intel about Enemy Locations, Plans and so on by espionaging them, sabotaging their Siege Weapons from Stealth and so on
  • Implementing some of the EotM improves to all the other WvW Maps, like improved Enemies with better A.I and Skills, more new traps (including Trap Mastery WvW Skill line to unlock them and improve their usage, so that they become more useful and important in WvW.
    Eventually going please perhaps so far to redesign the Borderlands into 1 single big map and giving WvW another new Map, 3 times the same map is just waste of space, 3 different maps on the otherhand are fun and interesting
  • Finally for gods sake please redesign the WvW Achievements and lower them down to a SANE level
  • Change of the WvW Point System to make Matches a bit fairer
  • Splitting of the Supply System into 4 different Supply Types, so that WvW gets more strategetical important thigns that you want to have to get your thinfs done and to give killing creatures in WvW also a MEANING
    Supply becomes: Food, Natural Ressources (Water, Ore, Wood), Energy Crystals and Material (which you receive out of your Natural Ressources from Manufactures, which become a new type of stronghold upgrade.
    And killing creatures liek Deers, Dolyaks, Wolves and such mike finalyl a sende, because you get FOOD (their meat …)

That are things for now which would greatly improve the WvW experience for me.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Do try to keep your hype/expectations in check. Remember the articles for the April feature patch? Most of them were completely different than what we thought they would be about from the (locked) article titles. I’m expecting the same thing here.

Week 1 – Don’t really care about PvP, so don’t care for those changes (or the tournament). WvW changes though I do hope make it better and actually change up WvW in some way.

Week 2 – maybe another redesign of the traits? Since I’ve heard it quite a bit that the new way to get traits is horrible for new characters.

Week 3 – All I’m hoping for is more searching options in the trading post. Like limiting armor to a certain weight class in addition to the specific slot type. Not sure what else they can redo how we trade items besides messing with the trading post (other than direct trading, but that doesn’t seem really necessary).

‘Explosive finales’, I think ‘finale’ is the important word there. Either they’re gonna spice up WvW scoring system to allow comebacks or they’ll give us a new gamemode/revise the scoring system in conquest. As much as it is fun to play conquest, it suffers from snowballing and it’s just not fun to watch as a spectator.

Or it could be something with the downed state and/or the finishers/stomps.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

A Fresh Start could possibly be a reset for the Glicko rating or rebalancing world WvW populations?

Improvements for new players and veterans alike.

Oh I shudder to think what devilish schemes they are plotting this time. The last improvement for new players and veterans was the change to traits. Oh yes, the enjoyment of levelling improved by leaps and bounds that time…

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Im cautiously optimistic. Based on the names, my clueless guessing and the rampant rumor mill, there may be some pretty major things coming.

I just hope that, somewhere in it all, there are some new guild missions.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So, I’m guessing “Balancing Act” will be a blog on the confirmed balance changes (which the ‘Skill Bar’ portion of the Ready Up twitch has been discussing) and “Command the Rainbow” will cover the multi-colored commander tags. Hopefully there will be more included than just “colored tags” in the latter, but we’ll see.

As for the other 3 in the ‘Competitive Week’ line up….not a clue. I’ll speculate that new traps and the new golem mastery line would fall under either blog 2 (tricks) or blog 5 (prepare). I’ll cross my fingers on having annihilation and/or gvg introduced in this as well…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Week 2 pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee let it be player housing

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Would be hilarious if this feature pack go live without the precurosr crafting that they promised to deliver back in 2013. It would be like as if they simply threw the idea in the dumpster so that it may not see day light again, lol

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Would be hilarious if this feature pack go live without the precurosr crafting that they promised to deliver back in 2013. It would be like as if they simply threw the idea in the dumpster so that it may not see day light again, lol

There’s a lot of things the community will be displeased about from this feature patch thats for sure….but if sPvP/WvW isn’t the priority in this feature patch, there will be a kittenstorm lol…those 2 things have been soo neglected its not even funny anymore… sPvP/WvW is a lot of players endgame and it has rarely been touched, it needs a revamp more than anything PvE related

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

Week 2 pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee let it be player housing

I sooooooo wish that were true. But it doesn’t particularly seem like it fits the other two weeks, and it’s such a major feature you’d think an entire week would be named after IT.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t the feature pack for housing.

This feels like the feature pack for the more hard core players I think. Competitive PvP, WvW, precursor crafting, commander tags, all that stuff. It’s the feature pack for the “serious business” players. The only thing that seems to be lacking is dungeons and fractals.

And that’s probably fair. They’ve been waiting for some attention for a long time. But yeah, I really want player housing more than anything. Failing that I’ll take Polymock Arena so minis are useful and exciting as rewards.

Maybe I"m strange, but those seem like they’d be a lot more exciting than a new way to grind for legendaries, which are just normal weapons with shiny effects anyway.

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

Cautious optimism, but I am seriously starting to distrust ‘surprises’ in this game.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Last feature patch didn’t they release something about making everyone within guilds share influence and buffs rather than it being server based? I would guess that would be part of this patch.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yes, merging the various shards into a single cohesive guild was something brought up last time. Here’s to hoping they got that done.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Or it could mean blast finishers will get new animations. XP
Would be nice if they finally tweaked the wvw scoring system.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I have a feeling the fresh start will be the personal story getting added to the journal. As for the collecting and trading I think they would allow us to trade with eachother. I feel allowing players to trade items would be a very bad idea. If it is added there will most likely be nothing in TP and everyone would be shouting in map chat for things they are buying and selling. Thats one of the things that totally killed GW1 for me was always hearing that in cities.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Improvements for new players and veterans alike.

Oh I shudder to think what devilish schemes they are plotting this time. The last improvement for new players and veterans was the change to traits. Oh yes, the enjoyment of levelling improved by leaps and bounds that time…

Honestly, I thought the new system was well-founded, as it encourages the kind of exploration and varied activities that the game is supposed to be about, but there were some flaws in implementation.

First and foremost, this is the kind of thing you launch with, not edit in. Otherwise, you’re left with bitter players.

If it must be done after launch, it needs to be done with new traits, not existing ones.

It would honestly be better-suited as a way to earn skills, not traits. Skill points are terribly uninteresting and easy to obtain. New skills would have to cost quite a lot of them to even make earning them through skill points an effort at all.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Anyone care to explain to me why this is important. Are there people running WvW who can’t read who need to be told “follow red” or “stack of green”?

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Anyone care to explain to me why this is important. Are there people running WvW who can’t read who need to be told “follow red” or “stack of green”?

I find that when a commander tag stands by a poi or vista and I try to mouse over them, I get the highlight for the map item, not the name of the commander. If I have a party member standing by the commander I get the party member’s name, not the commander’s. It’s annoying when my party members is afk and won’t say who they are standing near.

But yeah, it would help me because of annoying mouse over interference. That and being able to glance at a color takes less time than mousing over something – those seconds can count in open wvw when you need to make a snap decision and someone is attacking you.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Precursor crafting or bust. I couldn’t care less about anything else at this point.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

There’s a lot of things the community will be displeased about from this feature patch thats for sure….but if sPvP/WvW isn’t the priority in this feature patch, there will be a kittenstorm lol…those 2 things have been soo neglected its not even funny anymore… sPvP/WvW is a lot of players endgame and it has rarely been touched, it needs a revamp more than anything PvE related

At least you dont have to deal with RNG when you wanna rank up in WvW or raid a keep/castle :P

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wish they’d just tell us the patch notes. I’m sitting on so many Legendary mats and don’t know what to do with them. Will my class ever get access to new weapons? Will there ever be new legendary? Any plans for spears/tridents? Changes with precursors?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

These one’s aren’t nearly as cryptic as the last set
1. (More) Changes to PvP Glory
2. Balance Changes
3. New tricks, traps and possibly siege engines for WvW. Also could mention finishers.
4. New commander options
5. Betting on official dueling arenas, but undoubtedly some kind of new PvP option.

Either way.

No fix to condition damage = a disappointment in spite of any and all other improvement.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I hate marketing sometimes. >.< They know very well what kind of expectations they’re building up with staggering the information and they also know full well that there’s no way in hell they’re going to address all of the major wants that people have right now in a single feature pack.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

1. Competitive Week
2. A Fresh Start

Competitive Week → Changing from coverage wars weekly to daily. Resetting the running total during the week or just averaging it out.

Fresh start → Resetting WvW rank points, new WvW trait point system, new trait paths

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

I feel panel 5 is often what we experience.

Attachments:

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/