Feature Pack September 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think the second two weeks may have anything to do with being competitive. Else, they would not have called it ‘Competitive Week’.

Sounds like the third week may have to do with the Trading Post.

Second week? I’m not sure…those changes to the starter areas they once mentioned? Probably not. Tweaking Trait acquisition and changing Skill acquisition? Maybe. /shrug

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I feel panel 5 is often what we experience.

Haha, nice.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

and the idea was still kitten to begin with. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

The rumors were true. \o/

Command the Rainbow —> Different colors for tags.

Anyone care to explain to me why this is important. Are there people running WvW who can’t read who need to be told “follow red” or “stack of green”?

Mainly because it’s something that has been suggested in the CDI among many other nice ideas that hopefully get implemented, too – at least some of them.

But the different colors are nice themselves, when you have many commanders on a map to quickly get an overview. One example would be the Three-Headed-Wurm where you have at least 3 commanders. It’s just easier to say “Go to the red commander for amber” than to say “Go to Super Awesome Rofl Commander for amber” and it’s also easier to find for players. In WvW it would be something like “Go to the red commander to cap camps” or whatever.

(edited by Ignavia.7420)

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

and the idea was still kitten to begin with. :o

/points to the comic

But it IS an adorable kitten.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

do you feel glorious?
no i’m a necromancer
balancing act
yes with all the hambows i feel like a tightrope walker
tricks and explosive finales
really? i can have those kinds of things? wow!
command the rainbow
necromancer commander, great idea.
prepare to fight
i’ve been preparing to fight for almost two years now, will i finally get more weapons that would make my class more effective?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: nikdik.1934

nikdik.1934

Maybe this fresh start will actually add G U I L D content. You know like Halls, GvG, capes and many more items ANET feels is unimportant but is the reason GW2 even exists. The devs seem so focused on the “living story” concept it’s causing other parts of the game to suffer.

(edited by nikdik.1934)

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

I’m hoping for:

• Giving us something to do with our infinite stacks of bloody ascended crafting materials
  • Trading interface enhancements (buy orders values in the list! search for backpieces! search by price! intelligent initial values for buy/sell prices rather than npc prices!)

Interested to see what WvW changes are in store for us, but I have the feeling it’ll be the stuff revealed on ZAM and that’s it. Multicolour commander tags and golem mastery with one of the most useless top tier mastery rewards I’ve ever seen.

Posted by: Spyritdragon.6048

Spyritdragon.6048

Heh – commander Blue Dorito Guy xD. Guess we’ll be having green and yellow dorito’s now :p.

I’m hoping for:

• Giving us something to do with our infinite stacks of bloody ascended crafting materials
  • Trading interface enhancements (buy orders values in the list! search for backpieces! search by price! intelligent initial values for buy/sell prices rather than npc prices!)

Interested to see what WvW changes are in store for us, but I have the feeling it’ll be the stuff revealed on ZAM and that’s it. Multicolour commander tags and golem mastery with one of the most useless top tier mastery rewards I’ve ever seen.

I’d definitely appreciate coming out of a siege golem with a full bar of health instead of being downed.

But yeah, i’m appreciating the down-to-earth permanent content there is in Dry Top now, but it still isn’t particularly repeatable. I’m seriously still hoping for some more end-game PvE content, something repeatable like dungeons or maybe a Prime Hologram-esque boss fight. Sadly it looks like focus is heavily on non-PvE parts here.

Excited to see what changes will come to WvW though, and definitely looking forward to the changes to Engineers.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

my view^^

fresh start will be legendary tier 2
this will bring new legendarys and precursor crafting and stop dropping precursor for tier 1

Posted by: Chalky.8540

Chalky.8540

I’d definitely appreciate coming out of a siege golem with a full bar of health instead of being downed.

Well, yeah, it’s nice I guess – but tell me the last time you saw a golem die and said “oh my god does that mean the guy inside is downed? This is a disaster!”

Nobody cares that the guy inside the golem gets downed when it dies – the golem died! That’s the big deal. Someone getting a lootbag and a guy having to click respawn afterwards isn’t even something worth thinking about.

You’re probably just about to die anyway even if you pop out with full health – if your team can’t defend a golem at that location they’re probably not going to be able to defend some random dude either.

A far better buff for golems would be a mobility improvement or a defensive skill to make it last longer if it gets caught in combat.

Even something like fall damage immunity would be great.

Or how about golem pilot priority? Maybe it would be a contentious issue, but the ability to kick a clueless newbie out of a golem before he runs it off a cliff or into a zerg would be very welcome.

If you think of how useful some of the other masteries are, like extra gate damage or bubbles to stop incoming damage… saving the pilot after the golem dies seems pretty weak.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Heres to hoping it has some good stuff in it to lure some of the disgruntled former players back (including myself).

I read that it is including new systems. Im hoping (very cautiously) that it is an open world PVE dynamic event system to encourage us to simply play in the open world in whatever zone we want, and be nicely rewarded for it (not the 350 karma, 1.5 silver 12500 XP reowards that we get now).

I’ll definately keep my eye on this and if it is what I have been hoping(and asking) for, I may come back.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

cesmode.4257

Oh I did not see that thread.

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Please, please, please give us 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 Deathmatch Arenas! ArenaNet, you even have “arenas” in your name!

cesmode.4257

What Im hoping for:

A system to encourage us to participate in regular open world dynamic events in any zone that we want, and be nicely rewarded for our time. Completing DEs in lower or mid level zone,s or even in Cursed shore, rewards junk at the moment.

Cautiously optimistic.

cesmode.4257

Precursor crafting or bust. I couldn’t care less about anything else at this point.

Very true. Enough is enough. Something similar to this has been requested by players since day one, yet we have received systems, content, etc that no one asked for. Time to give the players at least one thing that us unlucky people want.

Allaraina.8614

Precursor crafting or bust. I couldn’t care less about anything else at this point.

Very true. Enough is enough. Something similar to this has been requested by players since day one, yet we have received systems, content, etc that no one asked for. Time to give the players at least one thing that us unlucky people want.

^—
+1

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

Precursor crafters: Stop thinking you speak for everyone. You don’t. It’s cool if you get something you’ve been looking forward to, I even hope that you do, but stop acting like the game is broken without it or that it’s the only feature anyone cares about. Because it’s really rather minor.

All it is, is an easier way to get a shiny weapon with a slightly cooler animation than most other weapons. And the more people who get that shiny weapon, and more people WILL get them, the less prestigious it’s going to be anyway.

It’s the most predictable, but possibly least interesting thing they’re going to add in this patch.

I’m not sure why people keeping talking like it’s something major like revamping the dungeons, re-working WvW, or adding player housing. Those would all actually drastically improve the game. A few people trading one weapon skin for a slightly more fancy one really doesn’t.

Allaraina.8614

I’m not sure why people keeping talking like it’s something major like revamping the dungeons, re-working WvW, or adding player housing. Those would all actually drastically improve the game. A few people trading one weapon skin for a slightly more fancy one really doesn’t.

I have a suspicion that it is because of the lack of skins that have been added outside of the gemstore or black lion tickets. If we had new skins that could be acquired through methods like SAB hard mode or other ways then I suspect that people might feel less desperate for pres.

On that same note…
It seems to me that there is a camp of people who are anti-SAB and a camp of people who are pro SAB. And some people in the anti-SAB camp have stated that they hope SAB never sees the light of day again because it takes away precious development time from other aspects of the game that they feel are significantly more important.

In both cases we are seeing the results of finite resources on the part of development – either real or imagined, it’s hard to tell because of anet’s business model. They could, in theory, have added more skins to the game that can be acquired via the game and would have had more time to do it if they hadn’t spent so much time on living story. Same with other content like adding to spvp, etc. But between living story and the need to bring home the bacon, we haven’t seen this.

So, finite resources. This is my analysis on the situation so far and why it feels (at least to me) that there are more lines in the sand now than ever before. It also seems exacerbated by the general lack of communication from anet, at least immediately after the last feature pack. Thoughts?

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Well it was just confirmed during the na vs china tourney that the feature pack will be coming out on september 9th. Looks like arean net wont be taking player feed back on the changes they are proposing since the last 2 classes to hit the balance preview will be taking place a measly 4 days prior. GG Anet, way to listen to your player base.

In before Anet comes back and says we do listen we implement features based on what they ask for. Except we totally drop the ball and do stupid crap like charge 300 gold per color for new commander tags, and only implement standard character models for TeamQ and custom areanas.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Well it was just confirmed during the na vs china tourney that the feature pack will be coming out on september 9th. Looks like arean net wont be taking player feed back on the changes they are proposing since the last 2 classes to hit the balance preview will be taking place a measly 4 days prior. GG Anet, way to listen to your player base.

In before Anet comes back and says we do listen we implement features based on what they ask for. Except we totally drop the ball and do stupid crap like charge 300 gold per color for new commander tags, and only implement standard character models for TeamQ and custom areanas.

no news

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-september-2014-feature-pack/

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you read the Dev posts in Dev Tracker, you would see they are testing character models in those modes first, to see how they are received, before implementing them in the other modes.

Also, the Feature Patch was already announced…yesterday?

Knowledge is a powerful thing. =)

Savoy.6824

Wow, here was the point of the post . and heres the last two commenters —-—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————> way off. Theres no time to discuss the balance changes and no time to discuss any of the feature changes. Reading comprehension is a powerful thing =)

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m guessing they wouldn’t ask for feedback, if they were going to disregard all of it. You know, they do some balance updates in lots of patches. Minor, but tweaking is kind of their way. If not mistaken, just about every patch has the ‘Balance’ category.

Go discuss the 4 Professions they have already released the proposed balance updates on. /shrug

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

They DO listen to feedbacks.
I think you imagine that changes in the game mechanics like class balances can be done in a matter of a few weeks, but in reality it takes months.
Many changes announced was taken from the last CDI topics. The announced features are already based on player feedbacks.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Why would they want feedback when they have done many CDI’s to lead up to this and have reading feeback on forums etc for a long time now. If we discussed every little thing every time there would be no updates. Just a lot of “I want this and that”.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Anet does not listen to feedback as much as Trion at least does. I give you evidence of the broken Colossus fractal problem of the disappearing hammer and the myriad of mesmer bugs that continue to plague that class. I just love their response of “it’s too complicated”! If it’s too complicated then either redesign around the cause so it doesn’t happen (like eliminating being able to dodge off with hammer – a simple solution) or get some programmers that know what they are doing. Ever hear of monte-carlo regression tests Anet. If you did that a lot of these new features/bugs wouldn’t be creeping into your patches.

Savoy.6824

Ascended armor, fractal reset. More examples of how well Anet listens

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Anet does not listen to feedback as much as Trion at least does. I give you evidence of the broken Colossus fractal problem of the disappearing hammer and the myriad of mesmer bugs that continue to plague that class. I just love their response of “it’s too complicated”! If it’s too complicated then either redesign around the cause so it doesn’t happen (like eliminating being able to dodge off with hammer – a simple solution) or get some programmers that know what they are doing. Ever hear of monte-carlo regression tests Anet. If you did that a lot of these new features/bugs wouldn’t be creeping into your patches.

Honestly, I’d prefer Anet over Trion. Trion’s game quality is mediocre to say the least. Hell, even Rift, their successful magnum opus, is characterized by a small, hilariously non-immersive world and highly derivative mechanics.

jheryn.8390

Ascended armor, fractal reset. More examples of how well Anet listens

All of which happened before the CDI’s. The last feature pack had many examples of how they listened.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The rumors were true. \o/

Command the Rainbow —> Different colors for tags.

Priced at 300g PER COLOR, what a ripp-off.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Savoy.6824

@jheryn The last feature pack also came out a month after they had announced all the details on it giving the players time to correct the mistakes they had initially made. Hence why it was ‘ok’. This one is not. Its coming out 4 days after they announce the balance changes to the final two classes. Now were going to be stuck with commander tags that cost 300 gold for every color because they didnt listen to the precious CDI you keep throwing around. Had they listened it would be “buy a tag for 300 gold and change the color of the tag to any color in our list of options on the fly whenever you want”.

jheryn.8390

@jheryn The last feature pack also came out a month after they had announced all the details on it giving the players time to correct the mistakes they had initially made. Hence why it was ‘ok’. This one is not. Its coming out 4 days after they announce the balance changes to the final two classes. Now were going to be stuck with commander tags that cost 300 gold for every color because they didnt listen to the precious CDI you keep throwing around. Had they listened it would be “buy a tag for 300 gold and change the color of the tag to any color in our list of options on the fly whenever you want”.

And exactly what were those sweeping changes they made to the last feature pack due to player input after they said what it would be? How was it different than what they originally posted?

They made those changes because of the CDI’s as well as other player input, NOT because they released what they were going to do a month before it happened in order for players to tell them to adjust. Please… “Everybody tell us what you think and we will get it all handled 10 minutes before release so everybody can have everything they want!”

I don’t remember anywhere in the WvW where someone said “Don’t charge 300g for aceount bound commander tags.” I saw a lot of suggestions, but that wasn’t one of them. I won’t like it if each color is 300g, but I am not going to snivel about it until it actually happens. Not even then. It is a colored mark for heaven’s sake. I don’t have a problem following commanders when they are all blue.

And as I said on another thread, we do not know that each color after the first is going to cost 300g. It will cost, but they haven’t said each was 300g after you already have one. That may turn out to be the case, but we don’t know yet.

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

So much hate….seriously, all-in-all if the game was as kittenome posts claim I’m surprised those people take the time to post and not just play another game.

Are there changes I would like to see? Yes! But I have no hate for the devs! Jeeeeeze!

Anet, GW2 is great and there is nothing else like it…please keep up the good work!

This feature pack is appropriately PvP and WvW centered. However, if they do anything with precursor crafting, I seriously hope it is interesting and fun, rather than another annoying grind for mats. I’m all for making the legendaries rare and prestigious because they are HARD to acquire rather than a long time to acquire. Once everybody has them, they will no longer be prestigious.

Tricks and Explosive Finales? This has got my interest. Tricks, something that is going to be devious in nature that hopefully applies to WvW. Destructible terrain for strategic advantages in WvW would be amazing. Explosive Finales? That is plural, so more than one big ending? An ending of what? Will Orr be redesigned finally? Will WvW offer more prestigious rewards that are not strictly RNG, like a precursor?

Savoy.6824

@jheryn.8390 for one they were going to put perplexity runes in spvp which the players pointed out would be pretty stupid. Theres one example of something that was pretty dump that would have ruined the game for a great many that the players caught because they had time to discuss the changes with the devs before the patch dropped. And news flash that had nothing to do with a CDI.

Im not gonna dig the rest up for you, you can go do the work but rest assured there were plenty more. And anyway what idiot argues against having more collaboration with the devs. They should release the patch after the players have had time to critique their plans, LIKE THEY DID WITH THE LAST ONE, end of story.

(edited by Savoy.6824)

jheryn.8390

They should release the patch after the players have had time to critique their plans, LIKE THEY DID WITH THE LAST ONE, end of story.

It really doesn’t matter if they did or not. And giving a couple of examples is hardly proof that they “should” or “need to” do anything. You are not going to get all players to agree with everything anyway. Maybe something you like someone else hates. Most of the time on these forums opinions are universally divided. So it doesn’t matter what you think they should do. They are going to do what they see best. They don’t need anyone’s input. They don’t need anyone’s permission. They are not under any obligation to act under the premise of “Here’s what we would like to do. Is that OK with you guys? I know it isn’t perfect so would you guys correct our shoddy work.”

Bottom line: They are under no obligation or even a feeling of necessity to tell us anything. That they listen to and consider our opinions is amazing enough. You should take anything they give you as a gift.

You don’t speak for all players. I usually find just as many people who will hate what you like and vice versa. So I would calm down about what you think is owed to you.

Savoy.6824

I never said they were obligated. Its obvious that no company is obligated to make what its customers want. I just so happens to be in the companies best interest to put out products that are well accepted by the masses. I didnt argue either for or against perplexity runes in spvp. People with way more play experience in that game mode came up with that one. So Im not the one speaking for all players. Do you think the president of the U.S. makes his decisions unilaterally without consulting his advisors who are specialist in their particular field. Again what idiot argues against more collaboration time with the devs.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

If they do not have precursor crafting this patch this game is dead to me.

It is disgusting that the number one most requested feature since the games launch has been delayed for this long.

I would also like to see new legendary weapons added, different weapons added to classes, significant class balance and new armour sets.

jheryn.8390

I never said they were obligated.

I didn’t say you did. But you did say they “should” let us critique their plans. All I meant by it is that no they should not. They can do what they want. They should do what they feel is right, not what you feel is right. I will send an email letting them know that they “should” consult you next time they want to introduce anything, however.

Again what idiot argues against more collaboration time with the devs.

Do you not understand that collaboration has to eventually end and something has to be delivered? With this community it would never end because no one would ever agree. What if we had that extra time and they did things you still didn’t like? “Stupid crap” were your words. Sorry, but people can talk until they are blue in the face. Eventually something has to be implemented.

BTW. It seems like you are attacking whomever doesn’t agree with you a little to harshly. It’s a game, not a life choice. Calm down.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

Right now, all I’m hoping for is that this feature pack fixes the issues that came out of the last one (such as the transmutation bug from the wardrobe), or at least doesn’t add new ones.

Savoy.6824

@jheryn maybe I am getting too excited over this stuff. Ive been reading some straw polls lately and it looks like Im one of the few people who puts in more than 20 dollars a month to this game and Ive been here since beta. Ill be real and admit that I havnt done it every month but with the upfront cost of the game plus buying it for one of my friends who quit playing I bet Ive spent more than 400 on this game. When youve invested what you consider to be a lot of time and money into something its difficult to just walk away from it and not get excited when they do things that empirically seem stupid.

I agree the collaboration has to end at some point, I want new stuff too. I really do. I want more raid content like marionette, more pvp game modes, more maps for wvw, more reasons to defend towers in wvw, precursor crafting, and above all else the ability to salvage ascended gear.

I remember people who hated how long it took for the feature patch to drop because they previewed the changes to the runes a long time back and it seemed like it took forever to get the changes and people were mad because it seemed like game modes like pvp went forever without an update. Maybe they gave us too much time last time. But I think we could benefit from a 2 week padding to discuss the products they are giving to us. I guarantee you that if commander tags come out and they cost 300 gold per color, that two years from now they will not. They will eventually listen to the players and change it because they are not unreasonable. But, but it will take a CDI and months before it happens and the coder who wrote it up will have to go back and look at his notes on how he did it and remember how to change it and it will have to go through testing and all this extra stuff that they could save time on now if they would just add a little padding and listen to the community now before rolling out the changes.

Who knows maybe everything else they announce will be great and maybe it will be the coolest feature patch ever. And this will be the only little bugaboo people dislike. But I still think we could benefit with a little more discussion.

Labjax.2465

If they do not have precursor crafting this patch this game is dead to me.

It is disgusting that the number one most requested feature since the games launch has been delayed for this long.

I would also like to see new legendary weapons added, different weapons added to classes, significant class balance and new armour sets.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Rift is mediocre because Trion listened to the wrong people. Listening to your customers assumes they know as much as you do. That’s not always the case.

Labjax.2465

Rift is mediocre because Trion listened to the wrong people. Listening to your customers assumes they know as much as you do. That’s not always the case.

No, Rift went steadily downhill over a long period of time because it had a number of fundamental problems with its design that ate away at the longevity of the playerbase.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this game has some of that too.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Down with the hobosacks!!! DO IT ANET!!

…Please?

Attachments:

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

No, Rift went steadily downhill over a long period of time because it had a number of fundamental problems with its design that ate away at the longevity of the playerbase.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this game has some of that too.

Well I doubt there’s only one reason why Rift went downhill. Some of what you said is true, but the thing is, Trion even in the first place, made assumptions about what most people want, and I think they were completely wrong.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The most interesting thing out of all this so far is the green arrow next to the commander icon in this picture http://www.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/257063

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

-snip-
On that same note…
It seems to me that there is a camp of people who are anti-SAB and a camp of people who are pro SAB. And some people in the anti-SAB camp have stated that they hope SAB never sees the light of day again because it takes away precious development time from other aspects of the game that they feel are significantly more important.

SAB wasn’t a waste of resource, the mode was used as a test ground for performance and future content. Anet was gathering information while we played it. People can’t claim that was a waste since it was indeed a tool to improve the game. Have ever compared SAB with Bazaar of the Four Winds? All the jumps, including tricky ones and the achievements for collecting all the baubles (crystals)?

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

The most interesting thing out of all this so far is the green arrow next to the commander icon in this picture http://www.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/257063

It’s pointing to the name of commander…. It’s nothing special.