Feature pack 9/9: feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bast.4861

bast.4861

Is there a way to contact arenanet about this update so we can tell them are thoughts and hopefully maybe get them to change some of these ridiculous features?

You’re doing it right now, though it may not seem like it. Moderators are active anyway…

oh thanks… well in that case i hope that arenanet sees these so they change it in the next update

Posted by: fantasy.8395

fantasy.8395

This patch has left me bewildered, not only do I have to redo all my specs on several of my characters I have to now relearn how each one plays with the new changes…

I rather not even comment on what they did to weapon skill and low level locking, which I might add will keep me from wanting to level another character anytime in the near future.

bast.4861

The sad thing is that with nearly 200 posts in such a short period of time, mostly negative, ANet will prob take no action.

I’m not even sure if they should take action. I mean, if they do. . . all it means is every time they do something the forum will flood with complaints until it reverts.

that is true but do you really want to play this game where you cant do your personal quest when you want, or you cant unlock your last weapon ability underwater till your level 23?

Posted by: Angelweave.1856

Angelweave.1856

Found a bug or at least something that probably shouldn’t have happened

volunteers blessing – crapped a bunch of us, we were doing Karka queen pre events and got a message to flick server and well a few of us did and we landed on a server where the queen was already dead.

Lots of rude words were said even though it was kinda funny that we all got trolled… not sure how hard it would be to not have this pop when world events are active on a map, one of the guys noticed that the nodes were refreshed so there was an upside for him not sure if that is intended though.

bast.4861

I seem to recall a little advertisement for this game saying:

“To make playing in our open world worthwhile, we’ll make it rewarding enough for players to spend their time there across all levels. It’s extremely important that we stay true to our philosophy that you should be able to play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play the game in order to reach the most powerful rewards.” -Colin Johanson

[1/15/2013] (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/)

So… does anyone else feel like we can’t really play like we want to after this last patch?

yeah i loved leveling up my characters before this update but now i cant stand playing 10 minutes on my lower leveled characters without quitting. leveling up is just a pain now

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The sad thing is that with nearly 200 posts in such a short period of time, mostly negative, ANet will prob take no action.

I’m not even sure if they should take action. I mean, if they do. . . all it means is every time they do something the forum will flood with complaints until it reverts.

that is true but do you really want to play this game where you cant do your personal quest when you want, or you cant unlock your last weapon ability underwater till your level 23?

And why do you think I ditched FF14? Aside from it being a grindy piece of . . .

Though on the other side of things, seeing people in “Players helping players” who were having trouble due to being underleveled going into their Personal Story bits (especially against Doc Howler, for instance) . . .

I dunno. I’m really of two minds on a lot of stuff. Something did have to be tweaked, but I don’t know if it needed to happen to this extent . . . or at least needed to happen for already active accounts.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This patch has left me bewildered, not only do I have to redo all my specs on several of my characters I have to now relearn how each one plays with the new changes…

I rather not even comment on what they did to weapon skill and low level locking, which I might add will keep me from wanting to level another character anytime in the near future.

The leveling is really really fast. You actually unlock the weapon skills almost as fast, because it’s automatic by level now. So if you go to a weapon you never used at 20 all your skills are unlocked automatically. And the 1-15 level experience has been greatly accelerated.

As for relearning characters, this is a standard fare in MMOs. If the company doesn’t shake up the meta, it get’s stale. People are complaining they don’t do it often enough.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The locking mechanism is locking the visuals so new players see less, like nodes on the map as an example. But you can still farm wood when you see it. It’s just giving people time to learn what various markers mean as they play.

Respectfully tho, how hard is it to walk up to the symbol on the map and go “oh, I can mine this”……..

The obvious solution is to have a setting that enables people to see things, leave whatever they’ve done as the default but give an option to remove the level gates.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The leveling is really really fast. You actually unlock the weapon skills almost as fast, because it’s automatic by level now. So if you go to a weapon you never used at 20 all your skills are unlocked automatically. And the 1-15 level experience has been greatly accelerated.

I don’t know if I like that as much, theoretically the idea is you are getting used to the weapon and learning “new tricks” to use with them. The idea of instant expertise always sort of bugged me a bit when compared to how we got weapon skills before (i.e., go to a low level event and just hit things).

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: MVP.7961

MVP.7961

I want the ability to be able to choose back without worrying about being low level and not being able to unlock the next part of the story or a skill. Having the ability to choose was the best thing in this game and it what attract me to it.

Now I’m FORCED to grind if I want to unlock things which were before this patch available for me. The level lock on skills and story made it so boring. The new system make it feel more of a chore and that sucks because I really love this game.

You guys make me regret buying the characters slots for alts now…

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

From the original GW2 Design Manifesto

“…It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun…”

And now it does. Yeah, you can still have fun by doing dynamic events etc, but content has been removed. Therefore, fun has been removed. One of the best things was unlocking weapons skills by using them – felt natural. Now, it’s locked behind levels. And it takes longer to get things. Elite is now level 40. When you changed traits, you made it take longer to get them.

And the most different thing, potentially the best thing which was the personal storyline (up until the generic ‘oh, it’s about Trahearne now’ part) is gated behind levels. You say you don’t want to drive off new players, and you remove the content that is different to other MMOs, because why? It’s too confusing? Here’s a though – make tutorials. It took other players to tell me how combo fields works, and this was supposed to be one of your great selling points about the game. You removed the down state until level 5 and then gate the downed skills behind levels as well. Why? People didn’t understand it? Hey, make an instanced (skippable) tutorial that explains it! Tie it into the starter zone story!

You have this giant community here, and have made bad choices in the past we now have to live with. You say you value feedback and ideas, but how often do things actually get changed? Why not actually discuss idea with the community that you claim to value? Is this going to be another bad choice we’re stuck with?

Vayne.8563

I don’t know if I like that as much, theoretically the idea is you are getting used to the weapon and learning “new tricks” to use with them. The idea of instant expertise always sort of bugged me a bit when compared to how we got weapon skills before (i.e., go to a low level event and just hit things).

That’s a fair point. The other point is, if you’re leveling alts, it shouldn’t matter nearly as much. The idea is to make it slower to get new ideas going as you level. By the time you’re 25-30, putting in a new weapon shouldn’t be a big problem.

My big thing is that I feel more rewarded for doing it. I just hit level 55 on a character and got a choice from 3 different rare items to choose, so I upgraded my coat. It felt really good.

bast.4861

And why do you think I ditched FF14? Aside from it being a grindy piece of . . .

Though on the other side of things, seeing people in “Players helping players” who were having trouble due to being underleveled going into their Personal Story bits (especially against Doc Howler, for instance) . . .

I dunno. I’m really of two minds on a lot of stuff. Something did have to be tweaked, but I don’t know if it needed to happen to this extent . . . or at least needed to happen for already active accounts.

that’s true some of this update doesn’t bother me at all. it would be good if we could have to option to turn off all these leveling restrictions or at least make them not as intense i dont want to wait to get my character to level 40 before unlocking my elite utility.

i don’t know how stupid they think their new players are?

Posted by: drnuncheon.8029

drnuncheon.8029

The whole skill challenge being locked caused a lot of confusion among veteran players on our guild chat. I can’t imagine that it is going to be any clearer to newbies.

If you’re going to make something “simpler” by level-locking it then you need to tell people why they can’t do it. It should say something like: “You are not experienced enough to understand what this place of power can teach you” or “Come back and fight me when you’re a little tougher.”

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Apart from making the game apparently a lot more grindy and gated, what really annoys me is the thing with the minis. Why?

’Let’s make it so that after 2 years and selling a crapton of minis, they can finally be toggled to automatically be summoned all the time! So they aren’t useless novelty you forget about 90% of the time.’
‘Sounds good!’
‘But let’s also make it that when there’s too many players on a map they will be desummoned and you can’t activate them at all, that probably works really well with the megaserver system disabling the minis most of the time!’
‘Great idea! What an awesome objective improvement over how it was before!’

-_-

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Okay, I’m going to give my feedback:

The Good: What was done right.
- The new icons for various junk items, which tell that which sells higher apart from the others.
- Trading Post – I’d prefer to have the Sell Immediately option selected first, but that’s a personal preference. Otherwise, it’s really neat to search based on class and attributes.

The Okay: What I mean by the ‘okay’ is that it’s not really needed.
– Giving rewards (money, items) at level up.
– Giving directions to PoIs, Vistas, Hearts, and Skill Points.

The Not Needed:
- Too many commander icons on the map.

Change Required: This means what needs to be changed.
- Personal story needs to be returned the way it was. Why? Forcing an unlock every 10 levels deters people from wanting to play it. I’m also level 46, and I want to play the next step in my story, but now, I must wait until 50. This is not progression, this is a step backward because people could do their personal story sequences at a lower level if they wanted to.
- Skill lock-down was not a good move. It needs to be reverted.

In Summary:
- Giving players options is better than restricting their options. This is why you have so many people complaining about the skill lock-down and the personal story—you, anet, have taken away options.
- Those two “Change Required” points are the main reason most people may not start playing again or even start playing the game for the first time.

Arenanet, I hope you take the time to read this post and carefully think about your own options and what the players desire. Thank you.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

This patch is awesome.

-Rangers needed this much need buff. Don’t bring your warrior attitude in here and be like “Nooo, now they have a chance of killing me”.
-Trade Post looks way better and more professional (in every sense).
-New skins, runes, sigils (like everyone asked for).
-Long overdue PvP changes
-Everything else.

Pretty much the only downside is the siege dis-abler is a little overpowered. My server sieged SMC and was instantly thrown off rams for almost a minute, and by then they were destroyed.

My guild and I had so much fun playing the new updates. We couldn’t help but laugh and cheer as we played them. Keep doing what your doing ANET. Let the haters hate but ignore them.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

My guild and I had so much fun playing the new updates. We couldn’t help but laugh and cheer as we played them. Keep doing what your doing ANET. Let the haters hate but ignore them.

If the so-called “haters” are the majority of the community, then yes.. Let ArenaNet ignore them, it’ll be fun to see what will come next. And careful who you call a hater, my friend. I would advise you to read through the forums before accusing people of such thing.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Selling on the TP seems to be more difficult and takes more time (you have to click more buttons and use the slide everytime you want to sell anything). The older TP took longer to sell because of loading times, but it was a lot easier and faster to sell stuff. With the new TP you have to click 6 times to sell one item, plus use the slider. With the old TP you only needed 3 clicks.

The collections are alright, I like them.

I only play ranger so I can’t comment on other classes, but it feels extremely powerful. Maybe a bit too much. I’ll have to play and test more.

Other than that, everything seems fine.

(edited by Davey.7029)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The whole skill challenge being locked caused a lot of confusion among veteran players on our guild chat. I can’t imagine that it is going to be any clearer to newbies.

If you’re going to make something “simpler” by level-locking it then you need to tell people why they can’t do it. It should say something like: “You are not experienced enough to understand what this place of power can teach you” or “Come back and fight me when you’re a little tougher.”

Why even have skill challenges in areas that are below the level where they unlock?

If you’re a new player, down-leveled from level 9 to 7 and trying to interact with Morgan’s Orchid in Caledon Forest and your only option is “I’ll come back later” without any hint when you’re supposed to, or what the hell is the meaning of it all, can we honestly say they made the experience easier?

Vayne.8563

If the so-called “haters” are the majority of the community, then yes.. Let ArenaNet ignore them, it’ll be fun to see what will come next. And careful who you call a hater, my friend. I would advise you to read through the forums before accusing people of such thing.

I don’t know why you think those disatisfied (I hate the word haters) are the majority of the community.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Look, I do like the buff I got to my “Thieves Guild” Elite skill, but I would rather be able to get Elite Skills at level 30 like we used to.

All my characters are above 30. My lowest is 34 and she fortunately has an Elite Skill already. My Elementalist at 37, I don’t think does because I never went skill point hunting with him.

Posted by: Rhundan.7829

Rhundan.7829

Here are my thoughts regarding the level-up system, based on what I’ve seen in this thread. I have not actually made a new character and tried it, but from what I’ve heard:

Firstly: The Asura Gates.
Forgive me if I’m misinformed, but somebody said the Asura gates unlock at level 18? WHY? Has anybody except me created a new character to play with a friend whose character is a different race? I think they have, which begs the question of why ANet thinks it’s a good idea to stop you meeting eachother until you’ve alread spent 1-2 hours grinding!

When I first started the game, I didn’t know about the Gates! I had to run all the way from Rata Sum to Hoelbrak, dodging every monster on the way because it would insta-kill me. And now, that’s Required?

Secondly: The Level-Up System.
Don’t get me wrong, speeding leveling up at lower levels actually kind of needed to be done. But this concept of “Rewarding” people for leveling up by taking away what they used to have is kittening stupid. If a guy takes your watch and then promises to give it back to you if you answer three riddles, he’s not rewarding you, he’s stealing from you.
And you can BET that ANet will start selling Level 20 Scrolls in the Gemstore so that you can skip past this bullkitten. (If they don’t already, never checked) If the guy gives you an option to skip the riddles for £5, He is still stealing from you.

Thirdly: The Mentality
Ohhhhhh boy…. I’d bet money that this is just the first step in a headlong tumble to near Dungeon-Keeper (Mobile) levels of locking. In this, ANet has pulled an EA. Even if they roll back the “Features” they’ve added to the leveling system, I am not sure I will play again, and I’ll sure as hell never give them more money. Not until they earn my trust back, because this…. This displays a wanton disregard for the community by ANet. As somebody said “We’re not players, we’re wallets”, which is exactly how I think ANet sees us now. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But ANet has taken GW2 one step closer to generic MMOs, the very thing I got GW2 because it was not.

Fourth: The Idea
I understand that they thought they needed a tutorial. Maybe they do. But making veteran players have to go through it as well is not cool. I could understand if they perhaps gave new players a tutorial, and maybe put them at level 5 or 10 at the end. But locking skills, locking Downed skills, locking Underwater skills…. ANet has not added content with this patch, they’ve removed it. Some people may say “Oh, it only takes about an hour of play to get to level 10!”, but I say “You mean it takes me an hour to get all my weapon skills?” The old system used to be a bit of a pain to get the fifth skills, but this is far worse. It never took an hour. In fact, I’ve never liked that Weapon-Swapping was locked, but I guess we didn’t jump on that fast enough, because it’s spread like a cancer. Remove it, ANet. Please, for the good of the veteran community, remove the compulsery grinding for things we used to have and love, because you are killing said community.

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

Like with any patch there’s good and bad, so I’ll just go through it point by point.

1. Trading Post
– For the most part I love the new UI, was easy to use, looks great. However…..
– It should definitely NOT default to “list this item” all the time, you should have a choice. I generally don’t list. I want my money now and don’t want to deal with something not selling. I don’t care if it’s slightly less profitable. Give me the choice.
– It should default to “sell max” not “sell min”, but again, give us a choice. I had a stack of 7 shredded garments and I was selling them one at a time until I finally realized what was going on.
– Options to change defaults will make the TP way more user friendly.

2. Wardrobe, Minis, Collections
– Looks good

3. Collection Achievements
– People will always welcome more achievements

4. New Runes, Sigils, and Combat Log
– Again, good change

5. WvW Changes
– Golem mastery, awesome
– Siege disabler…. WAAAY overpowered
– Commander tags, good change
– Auto respawn, fantastic

6. Leveling
– Oh boy, where to begin
– Hiding anything on the minimap is a terrible idea. Show everything on the map, and whenever a new player comes across a node/vista/SP/heart/etc have a dialog box pop up that explains what it is, ie: “Tyria is full of resources that can be gathered, including wood from trees, ore from mining nodes, and various ingredients from vegetation. If you lack the appropriate gathering tools simply visit your nearest Merchant”
– Unlocking skill points, vistas, asura gates etc is a terrible idea. As a rule, I would get all the WPs, SPs, and vistas on a starting zone map, head to Lion’s Arch and repeat the process for the other starting zones and cities. Now a player is basically forced to grind it out on a starting zone map until they’re “rewarded” with being able to obtain things that should be available from the beginning.
– Level-gating downed skills? Are you friggin’ serious?
– Level-gating weapons skills? Not too bad I guess, unless you’re an Ele, then it’s completely ridiculous. Please go back to letting me unlock them as I use the weapon. That system was perfect.
– Pushing back the levels of the utility skills and elite skill is a mistake. It might take a bit for new players to get used to everything in the game, but people are not complete i.d.i.o.t.s. Just have a Tool Tip pop up for utility skills and elite skills….oh wait… you did that already! You should want your players to acquire skills quickly so they can learn them earlier. Doesn’t that make sense? I think it does.
– I am all for some type of tutorial for new players. Makes sense. But don’t change the game in an extremely negative way for veteran players. You can appease both. It’s not hard.

7. Profession Changes/Balances/Fixes
– Everything seems fine. It’ll take awhile to figure out what works and what doesn’t
– I’ve never seen so many Mesmers and Rangers in my life! Haha.

Posted by: Harsekyugan.4672

Harsekyugan.4672

My feedback: “I do not like this feature patch”
I tried to write why, but it was getting too long and I am too lazy.
Btw – I am so happy I have all professions on lvl 80. I would not want to level in this “new” system anymore.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

I don’t know why you think those disatisfied (I hate the word haters) are the majority of the community.

I said IF, my friend. I believe it changes the meaning of my phrase entirely, don’t you think?

I never stated that the majority of the people are “dissatisfied” as you claim, I simply indicate that there are two sides of the coin. Which one is heavier, remains to be seen.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Vayne.8563

Here are my thoughts regarding the level-up system, based on what I’ve seen in this thread. I have not actually made a new character and tried it, but from what I’ve heard:

Firstly: The Asura Gates.
Forgive me if I’m misinformed, but somebody said the Asura gates unlock at level 18? WHY? Has anybody except me created a new character to play with a friend whose character is a different race? I think they have, which begs the question of why ANet thinks it’s a good idea to stop you meeting eachother until you’ve alread spent 1-2 hours grinding!

When I first started the game, I didn’t know about the Gates! I had to run all the way from Rata Sum to Hoelbrak, dodging every monster on the way because it would insta-kill me. And now, that’s Required?

Secondly: The Level-Up System.
Don’t get me wrong, speeding leveling up at lower levels actually kind of needed to be done. But this concept of “Rewarding” people for leveling up by taking away what they used to have is kittening stupid. If a guy takes your watch and then promises to give it back to you if you answer three riddles, he’s not rewarding you, he’s stealing from you.
And you can BET that ANet will start selling Level 20 Scrolls in the Gemstore so that you can skip past this bullkitten. (If they don’t already, never checked) If the guy gives you an option to skip the riddles for £5, He is still stealing from you.

Thirdly: The Mentality
Ohhhhhh boy…. I’d bet money that this is just the first step in a headlong tumble to near Dungeon-Keeper (Mobile) levels of locking. In this, ANet has pulled an EA. Even if they roll back the “Features” they’ve added to the leveling system, I am not sure I will play again, and I’ll sure as hell never give them more money. Not until they earn my trust back, because this…. This displays a wanton disregard for the community by ANet. As somebody said “We’re not players, we’re wallets”, which is exactly how I think ANet sees us now. I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But ANet has taken GW2 one step closer to generic MMOs, the very thing I got GW2 because it was not.

Fourth: The Idea
I understand that they thought they needed a tutorial. Maybe they do. But making veteran players have to go through it as well is not cool. I could understand if they perhaps gave new players a tutorial, and maybe put them at level 5 or 10 at the end. But locking skills, locking Downed skills, locking Underwater skills…. ANet has not added content with this patch, they’ve removed it. Some people may say “Oh, it only takes about an hour of play to get to level 10!”, but I say “You mean it takes me an hour to get all my weapon skills?” The old system used to be a bit of a pain to get the fifth skills, but this is far worse. It never took an hour. In fact, I’ve never liked that Weapon-Swapping was locked, but I guess we didn’t jump on that fast enough, because it’s spread like a cancer. Remove it, ANet. Please, for the good of the veteran community, remove the compulsery grinding for things we used to have and love, because you are killing said community.

Most new players don’t know about the gates. They don’t UNLOCK at that level. It’s when Anet tells you about them. Before they didn’t tell you about them at all. You can still use Asuran gates at lower levels. Just used the gate to LA on my 10th level character to test it.

Most of these things aren’t locks. They’re just not talked about until then. Just like you can get into WvW by hitting B at any level, even if you don’t have the icon for it.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

First of all, I think it’s pretty funny that you didn’t include “leveling” as one of the categories in your patch feedback threads, since you totally redid what leveling means. So I’m posting this here because it makes the most sense out of the available options.
I have been playing this game for just over a year now. VERY few mmo’s hold my attention for that long. This was a rare and welcome exception. I liked the combat, I liked the world, I loved the personal story quests.
But this patch makes me so angry, I’m tempted to ignore all of that and play something else. Forever. My biggest complaint is how you’ve changed the levels at which skills are unlocked. Weapon skills unlocking with use made a lot of sense, since anyone will get better with a weapon with mere practice. Now, instead, you unlock skills across ALL weapons, according to your level, no matter what you have equipped. I now have to get to level 10 before all of my skills are usable. And the utility skills are even worse! You have discouraged every player you have from making new characters. Sales on character slots are going to drop really quickly, you watch. You called it being “rewarded” for leveling, but it’s not a reward if we used to just HAVE it.
And then there’s the story quests. This was the big thing that set you apart from other mmo’s: your rich story mode. And now, new players won’t even get to enjoy that until level 20! So before they get to see the most important aspect of your game, they have to GRIND for it. Honestly, what were you thinking? I’ve heard that it did well in China, and that’s how the game was released there. But if that’s true, let me tell you something: They haven’t seen OUR game! They’re not comparing! WE are, and we want it back. I loved this game because it never felt like grinding. I leveled when I crafted, I leveled when I did story missions, I leveled when I gathered, I leveled when I did literally anything. It was so nice to find an mmorpg that didn’t just make me kill the same enemies over and over again to make a little number go up. It never felt monotonous And by adding these level restrictions, you have taken that away.
I may or may not continue playing, but I can say this for certain: I’m not buying any more gems while the game looks like this. You will get no more money from me. I hope that mistakes are learned from, and reversed.

You’re too stupid to know how to play.

/Anet Dev

How very witty. Would you care to actually address anything I said, or are you content to just say nothing and feel superior for it?

I was defending you, not dissing you. I agree with everything you wrote. ANET doesn’t however, hence the “/Anet Dev”

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

That’s a fair point. The other point is, if you’re leveling alts, it shouldn’t matter nearly as much. The idea is to make it slower to get new ideas going as you level. By the time you’re 25-30, putting in a new weapon shouldn’t be a big problem.

My big thing is that I feel more rewarded for doing it. I just hit level 55 on a character and got a choice from 3 different rare items to choose, so I upgraded my coat. It felt really good.

I don’t think anyone is opposed to level rewards. I think those are great. But the issue here is gating skills and abilities that are integral to a player experience – not to mention to a class like mesmer shatters – over a needlessly long period of time.

Even if the leveling would be faster, it’s still a pain. (in fact, I feel like leveling should be faster even with the old system in place)

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

New player experince is truly a magnificent creation. And it doesn’t even cover the downscaling issues, the level up stats upgrades that unbalance the levelling experience and the personal story coming in batches and the fact they restructered chapter 7 and 8 of the story to not make sense any more.

(edited by AlexEBT.7240)

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

• Why do i have to type in my password each time I open the game now? Even with ‘save password’ option selected?
  • Why is the TP ui/item screen so small? Why is selling stuff SOO annoyingly tedious now?

Who employs these people?

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

New player experince is truly a magnificent creation. And it doesn’t even cover the downscaling issues, the level up stats upgrades that unbalance the levelling experience and the personal story coming in batches and the fact they restructered chapter 7 and 8 of the story to not make sense any more.

I watched the video and it was very amusing.

Anet needs to go away, have a cup of tea, and cup back with a new idea. I can’t believe how much they ruined the low level areas, killing map completion and making skill challenges completely useless.

Well played, Anet.

And in case that’s confusing, I mean VERY BADLY DONE.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

• Why do i have to type in my password each time I open the game now? Even with ‘save password’ option selected?

Maybe you should contact support. I don’t have to do this.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Here’s what I don’t like about this patch so far, from a perspective of someone who just created a Charr and as someone who is not exactly a veteran (I’ve been playing this game for 4 months now)

I don’t like it when I have to unlock certain skills at a particular level as it made the fight against Duke Barradin less engaging and more tedious to do considering all I do is press 1 and dodge. When I have to pick up dud mortar shells, I could no longer throw them anymore as they just magically vanish, sometimes explode and sometimes they make Flame Legionnaires appear out of nowhere. Plus there is this one dynamic event where I have to “kill skritt to get cannonballs” but no matter how many skritt thieves I kill, they never drop a cannonball for me to return (I forgot how this event was supposed to work before the patch) and it took forever despite it being 8 minutes long (I think) just to accomplish this event even with other players.

I know there are similar instances like this on other starting zones and I understand the rationale behind this change to make the starting zones more like tutorials for new players. First impressions are everything for new players and pre-patch, I can say that I have learned the gist of what is there to do in Guild Wars 2 so I know what to do on the higher level zones. With this patch, new players wouldn’t see what this game truly has to offer until they are strong enough to progress to the next zone, which can work against you as there are those who wouldn’t want to spend that much time just to get to the good parts.

This is just a few of my complaints regarding this patch. Most of them I either like or dislike but am willing to get over. I may post another in case I find something worth mentioning.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

lol.. that’s a nice one..

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

LOL I dunno how some people can defend this type of kitten. They should just get rid of the prologue altogether. It’s freaking useless.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Ganjar.9265

Ganjar.9265

Umm, I just hit level 20 on one of my alts and as part of my “reward” I got a thing called Combat Custimisation or something like that. I think the description it gave was that I could now do combos with other players, such as whirling axes meets an elemental field.
I may have read it wrong but, have they locked combat synergy behind a level gate?

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Umm, I just hit level 20 on one of my alts and as part of my “reward” I got a thing called Combat Custimisation or something like that. I think the description it gave was that I could now do combos with other players, such as whirling axes meets an elemental field.
I may have read it wrong but, have they locked combat synergy behind a level gate?

That’s new but considering everything else not unlikely. Yup ppl we truly reached the twilight zone

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t think so. I’d say that’s just the level they’ve chosen to let players know about combos.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Malkavian.4516

LOL I dunno how some people can defend this type of kitten. They should just get rid of the prologue altogether. It’s freaking useless.

Some people do like the changes, and I will respect them for it. But I honestly feel that the starting zones provide players less freedom than necessary to cement a solid first impression.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

Some people do like the changes, and I will respect them for it. But I honestly feel that the starting zones provide players less freedom than necessary to cement a solid first impression.

Why would you respect them for liking something so godawful? Respect is earned, not just given away, otherwise it means nothing.

These are terrible changes and anyone who doesn’t wear a safety helmet while playing can see that. It’s that simple.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Dear Anet,

If the focus groups you bring in house find feeding the cows in low level area’s difficult and confusing, you are aiming at the wrong kind of people.

These people will never play a game like this.

This.

Posted by: Phantom Wolf.2031

Phantom Wolf.2031

I felt the need to post on this topic for ‘feedback’ purposes. Let me be clear and say that I by no means am a veteran player, even though my account has more than 2 years, I started playing regularly a few months ago, before that I was mostly on and off.

Regarding this New Player Experience (I really like the NoPE abbreviation) it actually saddens me seeing ANet screw up the game so hard. The tutorial part was really needed I give them that, new players have no clue how to play the game and Gw2 is by no means an ‘ordinary’ MMORPG, a few tips and explanations are well appreciated. Though we managed to learn by playing, I don’t think that’s ideal in a game.

That being said, I just don’t get the locks made with this new Feature Pack, Vistas, PoI, Skill Points, that’s the kind of change that should not be taken lighty. I mean, downed stated skill unlock, come on ANet, seriously… it gives the impression that they grabbed random people on the street and asked them directions to take on the game. And even if they were well received in China (spoilerthey don't), that doesn’t mean that in EU/NA they would. Those limitations make no sense whatsoever, even from a new player perspective, I don’t think I was overwhelmed with a few icons on the map, it was different from the other games in the market, and it was great (again, a few directions would be greatly appreciated by then, directions differ from limitations, mind you). And please don’t get me started on weapon skills, oh man, I just loved unlocking weapon skills, it was kind of magic to me, killing things while unlocking, learning new skills, finding out which weapon sets you liked the most, that felt good and it took some of the boredom away while leveling in low areas, and guess what, they took away one of the best original features (IMO) on the game. Well done guys, great job, and you wonder why we don’t look forward for another update. I mean, those locks would be bad enough by themselves, now I can only imagine leveling an alt in these days with these locks and traits locks. It must be a nightmare. (fun fact: I was thinking about leveling a Mesmer and a Thief).

It’s just sad, and I fear that is only the beggining, I’ve seen stuff like this happen in other MMOs and I can say that these games are not very ‘popular’ these days.

Just adding here my frustation towards the new Feature Pack and my ‘feedback’. And to the folks that ask for a constructive criticism, i’m afraid that boat is sailed, they should’ve asked for our opinion before implementing the changes, not after, I don’t think they’ll turn back on this now.

TL,DR: I think this new FP is the worst update this game have ever seen and i’m afraid it won’t stop there. Plus I was thinking about leveling a Mesmer and a Thief as alts.

PS: English is not my native language.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

The things highlighted on the video are just awful. Whoever likes those specific changes gets no respect from me. They can glamorize it all they want but they can never change my mind.

Edit: Lol Kamui beat me to it. So … what he said!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I don’t have any complaints about the feature pack. I haven’t gone through everything with a fine tooth comb, but I’ve seen wooden potatoes video and I’m fine with everything. I don’t go nuts when Anet changes stuff because well, that’s just what they do..
I’ve gotten over 2000 hours of entertainment with this game and although the game is not “perfect” ……overall I’m a happy camper. When I reach the point that I don’t enjoy the game anymore, (which I don’t see happening for many years) then I’ll move on to some other game.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

imagine if we had more feature pack since realese, imo gw2 need more of these

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Malkavian.4516

I thought I may want to give in some positive feedback in detail related to “Fresh Start” to balance my complaints

I personally like the emphasis of doing other quests first before proceeding with the story mission. But like I said it could have been made even better if the freedom from before the patch remained intact (exploring PoIs, Vistas, etc.)

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

OMG when he was directed to frostgorge I lolled.

Vayne will defend this stuff. Read his posts-he employs logic in a way he thinks the vast majority of casuals think.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

OMG when he was directed to frostgorge I lolled.

Vayne will defend this stuff. Read his posts-he employs logic in a way he thinks the vast majority of casuals think.

Probably because he actually needs this stuff to properly play the game.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

I’m unhappy with the new leveling locks for a lot of reasons already listed here, but the way the elite skills were handled has stuck out to me in particular.

If anything, unlocking elites should be available sooner rather than delayed. I don’t see how pushing these abilities back helps new players in any way, especially when many of the skills help define classes in a group setting, such as the Mesmer’s Timewarp and Elementalist’s Fiery Greatsword. Before this update, I would have said level 20/25 would’ve been a better tipping point for unlocking elites, especially if paired with a rework of skill-point costs to ensure players weren’t depriving themselves of utility skills just to unlock them.

Now, you can’t even get them in time for the first dungeon in this game, which is where elites like Warbanner really have their moments to shine. The explorable paths of Ascalonian Catacombs may be practically ran by level 80-exclusive parties, but its story-mode side is still an important rite of passage for introducing level-30s to dungeons. The old system at least got it right by recognizing that players shouldn’t be deprived of a full skill-bar by this point.

This change to gate elites (and the other class skills for that matter) behind an even higher level just seems like a weak attempt to pad-out the leveling by moving a carrot players prior to the update got to enjoy sooner. It does not serve any purpose in making the process more enjoyable or accessible to newbies at all.

And that’s the crux of these skill changes, for me. I don’t feel like ArenaNet implemented them to make it a better experience for new players at all, but it was more a matter of convenience to bring the western-client of Guild Wars 2 in line with the Chinese one.

Don’t get me wrong; I like the backpacks and think the equipment unlocks at certain levels are a neat addition, but it seems like some of these changes were just thrown in there as it was without consideration to how the western community would react to it.

(edited by WalkinGoon.2408)