Features Patch 15.4.14

Features Patch 15.4.14

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

“Dye unlocks in the CN version are account unlock instead of character unlocks.”

BRING THAT HERE!

Haven’t you read the article? They intend to bring it here. But when they do, they will remove dyes from drop tables. You’d have to hit gemshop for them.
If that were to happen, i’d likely forget about getting any dyes ever again. And with only basic dyes (no, we don’t know what would happen to dyes we already have), i might as well forget about worrying about skins for my characters as well. They wouldn’t look good in them anyway, after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

“Dye unlocks in the CN version are account unlock instead of character unlocks.”

BRING THAT HERE!

Haven’t you read the article? They intend to bring it here. But when they do, they will remove dyes from drop tables. You’d have to hit gemshop for them.
If that were to happen, i’d likely forget about getting any dyes ever again. And with only basic dyes (no, we don’t know what would happen to dyes we already have), i might as well forget about worrying about skins for my characters as well. They wouldn’t look good in them anyway, after all.

It says they plan on reducing drops. Unidentified Dyes are required for some legendaries, so legendary value will go up.

I honestly don’t like the price of the a-la-carte thing ANet has going on with thier gem shop.

It seems far more expensive than doing a sub fee. It’d be cheaper for players to actually play a game with a sub fee assuming these convenience/time-saving/cosmetic features are offered.

I don’t understand why every change ANet makes to their existing systems have to result more revenue through the gem shop.

Since launch I’ve been concerned about the game being focused on the money grab. It’s getting to a very uncomfortable point for me.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

“Dye unlocks now come only from crafting and from the gem store.”

One pack is two and a half euros. A subscription is around thirteen euros, give or take a few euros depending on the game and possible discount for making a bulk purchase. So for that amount I can choose to obtain five packs (adding up to 25 common and 10 uncommon or rare) in GW2 or get full access to all items in another game for a month.

Uh-huh.

Wildstar offers 250+ account bound dyes and you only have to pay $15 a month and that includes all the features not just the dyes (such as teleport your whole party to you every 60 minutes ($15 for a single person on an 8 hour CD in GW2 China)).

You would need to play Wildstar a full year in order to spend the same amount of money just to use all the dyes in this new dye system in GW2…

Cool, but do you think WS will have an intensive pace of profession balance and improvement patches like GW2?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Cool, but do you think WS will have an intensive pace of profession balance and improvement patches like GW2?

Well we’ll see. They might take up even a more intense pace to compete. Either way I’m seriously against the dye change and I think that players should protest it (unless of course RNG gets taken out and you can actually buy the dye that you want. Imagine though an unidentified dye costing 100 gems and giving you common dyes over and over again.)

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

“Dye unlocks now come only from crafting and from the gem store.”

One pack is two and a half euros. A subscription is around thirteen euros, give or take a few euros depending on the game and possible discount for making a bulk purchase. So for that amount I can choose to obtain five packs (adding up to 25 common and 10 uncommon or rare) in GW2 or get full access to all items in another game for a month.

Uh-huh.

Wildstar offers 250+ account bound dyes and you only have to pay $15 a month and that includes all the features not just the dyes (such as teleport your whole party to you every 60 minutes ($15 for a single person on an 8 hour CD in GW2 China)).

You would need to play Wildstar a full year in order to spend the same amount of money just to use all the dyes in this new dye system in GW2…

A game that charges you per month for access has a direct incentive to keep people playing. People stop playing if the game stagnates too long. If I take a break for a month or two or more, that’s money they don’t make. GW just needs us to log in for 5 minutes a month, buy $10-20 worth of gems on overpriced armor sets and they get the same money for a fraction of the effort. Doesn’t matter if we don’t play. and even if many of us don’t buy gems, there is always that group of gambling addicts with disposable income buying dozens of BLkeys every time they release a new weapon set.

It’s no big mystery why every LS update was about a day’s worth of content with several Gem Store tie-ins. Hell, the last two LA metas took a day to finish and the only reason anyone stuck around was because the gold flowed like spice and the hat tokens were time gated after they fixed the bug.

That’s not to say they won’t crash and burn with WS. I just suspect we’ll see a much more rigorous level of updates from them because they can’t afford to have people “take a break for a while”.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So will Abyss/Celestial go down in price since people need less, or will it go up because dyes will now stop dropping? I am always bad at predicting what will happen to tp prices.

Also a month with no content, especially with how PvP is in flux right now seems pretty stupid. Starting WvW season 2 with no balance changes is even more stupid.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Why not release the patch on March 25th? Basically March 25th in the U.S. is March 26th in China, or after CBT3 has ended. And it’s a Tuesday. And it’s before WvW Season 2 starts. And it’s before the game is released in China. Seems logical to me. Also there is April 1st, another Tuesday.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Account bound is good but even then I am not a fan of the dye change. Why on earth are Arena Net are “fixing” systems that are not broken? They need to get their priorities sorted.

Unless the dye change is specifically aimed to promote the gem store, surely Arena Net would not be so low.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

“We want to let you know that the ability to build your precursor will not be in our upcoming Feature Pack. The way progression and rewards work in Guild Wars 2 have changed quite a bit since we initially talked about that feature, and our main horizontal progression systems are about to get some additional updates in the upcoming feature pack. Because of that, we are looking into several ways to integrate building your precursor into our new updated reward and progression systems we’re working on, which is requiring additional development time and iteration. As always, we’ll share details on this system once it’s far enough along in production we’re ready to discuss it.” -Mark Katzbach

This is highly ridiculous.

How many times now have AreaNet lied to us? I can’t keep track anymore.

This was the number one most requested feature to be added since the launch of the game and they are still delaying it.

This feature should have been added in 2012, now we will be lucky to get by the end of 2015 if not later.

I am furious, i have every right to be furious, politicians lie less than ArenaNet.

But do not worry, instead we will get more horrible living world updates, more pointless zergs and achievement grinds that EVERYBODY hates.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

BRING THAT HERE!

It says they plan on reducing drops.

…yeah

With this new system you only need to collect a dye once and you can use it on any character. This is more convenient, but it means demand for dye will go down, so we’re also reducing supply. Dye unlocks now come only from crafting and from the gem store.

Reducing drops indeed. From current level to zero.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

“We want to let you know that the ability to build your precursor will not be in our upcoming Feature Pack. The way progression and rewards work in Guild Wars 2 have changed quite a bit since we initially talked about that feature, and our main horizontal progression systems are about to get some additional updates in the upcoming feature pack. Because of that, we are looking into several ways to integrate building your precursor into our new updated reward and progression systems we’re working on, which is requiring additional development time and iteration. As always, we’ll share details on this system once it’s far enough along in production we’re ready to discuss it.” -Mark Katzbach

This was the number one most requested feature to be added since the launch of the game and they are still delaying it.

This feature should have been added in 2012, now we will be lucky to get by the end of 2015 if not later.

I am furious, i have every right to be furious, politicians lie less than ArenaNet.

But do not worry, instead we will get more horrible living world updates, more pointless zergs and achievement grinds that EVERYBODY hates.

Where are you seeing this? I didn’t see it in the link… It can’t possibly be true… not even Anet is that dumb…

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Where are you seeing this? I didn’t see it in the link… It can’t possibly be true… not even Anet is that dumb…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

While I do think it’s a bad move (at least with no other information at hand as to what these new systems entail), I’m not entirely sure where they ‘lied’.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

While I do think it’s a bad move (at least with no other information at hand as to what these new systems entail), I’m not entirely sure where they ‘lied’.

Well it was in the feature/content stuff that was supposed to be added in the second half of 2013. (it could have been in the features/plans article for the first half, but I think it was in the second halfs article)
I’m sure someone can get the link quick.
But this was one of the only other features that I could think I would want in the feature build. Really disappointed. Guess I’ll just keep putting off building a legendary…

Edit: Heres the link
He specifically states:

but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013

(This is why I don’t really believe/rely on anything Colin says. He’s always too vague and hypes stuff up too much)
I know they did post a statement on the forums around November/December saying it was going to be pushed back, most likely not to be out by the end of the year (which I was fine with and understood). Now we’re being told its being pushed even farther out.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

So will Abyss/Celestial go down in price since people need less, or will it go up because dyes will now stop dropping? I am always bad at predicting what will happen to tp prices.

Also a month with no content, especially with how PvP is in flux right now seems pretty stupid. Starting WvW season 2 with no balance changes is even more stupid.

I’d imagine they will go up because they won’t drop anymore and the only way to get dyes will be via the gem store or crafting, which obviously isn’t a guaranteed way of getting the dye you want. So they’ll be rarer, and people will want to be sure they get the dye they want.

I doubt we’d get to a point where every single player has an abyss dye and no longer wants/needs them.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The precursor scavenger hunt will probably never happen. The series 2 legendaries will come out, be crafted differently and that will be it.

Adding an alternative method for existing precursors simply wouldn’t be fair to those that already paid hundreds of gold and ArenaNet couldn’t possibly balance it either. It will no doubt also cause complaints.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Adding an alternative method for existing precursors simply wouldn’t be fair to those that already paid hundreds of gold and ArenaNet couldn’t possibly balance it either. It will no doubt also cause complaints.

I think its the opposite. Its not unfair. Its the same principle as the watchwork infinite pick vs the original infinite picks. There is always something better that comes out. Wish I could find the red post with their argument about it. It had some analogy, I think, about cell/smartphones. Just because a new way comes out, doesn’t invalidate all the previous ones. They’ve had them for however long it takes for them to release the precursor building/scavenger hunt, thus they’ve had all that time/value with them. While us that are waiting for the build/scavenger hunt have been waiting patiently for it. Either way its going to cause complaints.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Calm down people with the Dyes. The only different from right now, will be that they won’t drop anymore. But in exchange you will only need to unlock them once.

You will be able to get them from crafting or gem store, but people will still be able to exchange them on the Trading Post.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Calm down people with the Dyes. The only different from right now, will be that they won’t drop anymore. But in exchange you will only need to unlock them once.

You will be able to get them from crafting or gem store, but people will still be able to exchange them on the Trading Post.

The only thing different from right now will be that they won’t drop anymore.

Oh, that’s all? -_-

Account bound dyes should have been in the game to begin with, and now ANet is planning on locking them behind the Gem Store? This is hilarious.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

This deserves a new thread, since the OP’s original message was about the Chinese interview with Mike O’Brian.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Just this alone has me jumping and squeeling all over the place imagine all the other goodies this update will have

• The button to instantly refund all traits, previously seen only in structured PvP areas, has become game-wide.
  • Refunding traits is now free across the game: refund your traits any time you’re not in combat or in a competitive PvP match!
  • A minus button has been added to each trait line directly below the plus button, which allows you to remove a single trait point at a time.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Just this alone has me jumping and squeeling all over the place imagine all the other goodies this update will have

• The button to instantly refund all traits, previously seen only in structured PvP areas, has become game-wide.
  • Refunding traits is now free across the game: refund your traits any time you’re not in combat or in a competitive PvP match!
  • A minus button has been added to each trait line directly below the plus button, which allows you to remove a single trait point at a time.

Plus acquiring traits out in the open world via actual activity sounds a lot like skill capture in GW1, which was awesome <3

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I wonder if will be able to save profiles like we were able to do in GW1.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Healix.5819

“All existing characters created before this feature pack will be have all previously existing major traits unlocked.”

I think I would have preferred having to unlock them again through horizontal progression, at least the first time. They should send people “unlock” books in the mail if you qualified instead.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Plus acquiring traits out in the open world via actual activity sounds a lot like skill capture in GW1, which was awesome <3

The sad part, but I guess it’s needed, is that you can also buy the skill instantly from the trainer if you want to.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Latinkuro.9420

I wonder if will be able to save profiles like we were able to do in GW1.

I was just wondering the same thing now that would be awesome

Features Patch 15.4.14

Latinkuro.9420

The sad part, but I guess it’s needed, is that you can also buy the skill instantly from the trainer if you want to.

provided you have enough skill points and gold and whatever else they decide to ask for :P

Features Patch 15.4.14

Healix.5819

It is needed. It would simply be unfair otherwise, unless the traits were purely cosmetic. This also allows them to put traits behind content like Liadri and WvW without causing issues.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

2 words:
monetization manager

This won’t end well…

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

BRING THAT HERE!

But, you have to buy an “identifier” for the dye. And dyes are not tradeable. I do NOT want that.
Do you?

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I don’t understand why every change ANet makes to their existing systems have to result more revenue through the gem shop.

Since launch I’ve been concerned about the game being focused on the money grab. It’s getting to a very uncomfortable point for me.

I agree with this.
I’ve recently started back into the game (bout 3 months or so now). Each month I’ve put 10€ into the game As I’ve been quite happy with it. But I’m not happy with where it’s going.
It’s like the looked at the China release and thought “hey, we could do that here = $$$$$” And I’m not comfortable with that.

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Xzaander.4123

Xzaander.4123

I’m somewhat ambivalent when it comes to the gemstore, because on one hand I really want ArenaNet to be able to get good money from the game. On the other hand I can’t help but resent everything that forces or lures you into using the cash shop, especially as the dye system is a free one now. You can’t take features that have become somewhat core to the game and hide them behind a paywall.

C’mon Anet, I want to support you but not this way. I’ve bought some armor skins of the gemstore and that’s a good, simple way of doing stuff. But hiding stuff in RNG chests and making players gamble? No thank you, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I suspect of course that NC-Soft are the ones pulling the economical strings from above, demanding more monetary gain… but kitten . Dissolve the contract already, NC-Soft doesn’t care for feces about the game, especially now that Wildstar is to come out soon. I want to spend money on GW2, not AION. Not Blade & Soul. Not Wildstar. I play Guild Wars 2, and therefore care about nothing else than Guild Wars 2.

Thx, bai.

(edited by Xzaander.4123)

Features Patch 15.4.14

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I actually hate what’s coming and am so thankful I’ve already got 8 toons. It’s not just balancing and new traits. It’s a completely new trait system as you level. I feel bad for my buddy who just started, cuz now he can’t experiment with traits at 11 (which he just hit) and test things out…no no….now he has to wait till THIRTY to get his first access to traits! I understand the importance of more explanation in a game for various features, but 30!? He’s gonna be over 1/3 to max level before he even gets to test out traits. That’s absurd. And then no grandmasters till level cap….why exactly?? How does that make the leveling process more enjoyable??? It limits potential longer. How dumb does Anet think its players are that we need our hands held for so long?

And dyes….account bound =/= account bound with gem store fees to identify. With the prices on the gemstore, we’re bound to pay just as much or more to ID dyes with the new system. I don’t want to be forced to pay the gem store just for DYES! It’s a basic function of aesthetics and now it’ll be controlled by the gem store. O but wait, you can craft them. Try again. The mat costs for dyes via crafting is way off compared to existing TP prices. The only reason you’d craft dyes imo is in hopes of winning the dice roll and getting celestial, white, abyss, etc. Not likely.

This seems like more control and more gem store with the guise of making things more friendly. More helpful & intuitive traiting, aka excessive hand-holding and limitations for too long and paying for skills with gold. Account bound dyes, aka pay the gem store or deal with starter colors.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)