runeblade.7514

Ability to save pet names.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

"Features Patch" Wishlist. Add yours!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

AOE Auto loot feature that is actually ‘auto’ - where any drops you receive are put immediately into your inventory if there is room (as an ‘auto’ function should do in the first place). This would include loot you receive when you’re downed or dead.

Dyeable Weapons - self explanatory really

WvW Rank Resetter (gem store item for 150 gems) - refunds your World Ability Points for re-distribution

Account bound dyes - self explanatory really

Return of Zephyr Sanctum – Bazaar of the Four Winds This was my favourite living story of all, as well as many other players. I’d love to see a return of Zephyr Sanctum

More ways to obtain Ascended Armor and Weapon chests - I suggest making these available through means other than crafting, by offering them for different currencies like WvW Badges/Karma/Dungeon Tokens/Laurels/Fractal Relics/Pristine Fractal Relics etc.

Legendary dyes - these would have special effects and animations that could be applied to weapons and armor. They’d be highly sought after.

New Legendaries - self explanatory

Rainbow themed weapons and armor - I love me some rainbow themed stuff

More GW1 weapon (and possibly armor?) themed skins

Legendary Armor - these would have the same stats as ascended gear, but as added bonuses, they could have the stat-switching ability, no repair costs, and have special effects/animations on each piece that could be changed (for example, for an elementalist, you could have lightning effects/water effects/fire effects/earth effects). These bonuses would justify the time and money it takes to obtain them.

New professions - I’d love to see the return of the Ritualist (I’d be so excited, I can’t even…), and perhaps the Chronomancer (the ‘watchknight’ sort of look)

Skin locker To store all your skins.

More Weapons for all classes I’d love to see greatswords on elementalists. We can have them for the Fiery Greatsword elite, why not as an actual wieldable weapon too?

Return of the Signet of Capture This was amazing in GW1, and it made going out to capture elites A LOT of fun. I mentioned this in a recent CDI, and it was taken on board, but I just wanted to mention it again.

Ability to buy single-purchase items in the gemstore What if I only want the light aetherblade helmet skin, but don’t want to pay 800 gems for the whole outfit when I only need one of the pieces? Instead of me spending 133.33 (or 134, rounded up) gems for that helmet skin, the gemstore gets nothing, because I refuse to pay 800 gems for 1 item. A potential purchase was just lost right there. We NEED an individual purchase option.

Remove the error message when selling too many things on the trading post - This is just plain annoying.

Make WvW gear salvageable Dungeon armor can be, why not WvW gear? Not only do you have to spend a fair amount of badges, but also your hard earned money. It’s illogical to make them unsalvageable.

Different Colored flesh skins I think GW1 had this in the gem store, though I can’t remember 100%. It would be cool to have this option for all races and not just sylvari. I want my human elementalist to look like Dr. Manhattan from the Watchmen series.

Lord Faren’s Underwear skin I want this so badly. Please make it happen!

The paper-bag helmet skins When are we going to get these? :-( they’re so epic

New Weapons for classes Would be awesome to see hand cannons for engineers, perhaps polearms for warriors, scythes for mesmers, crossbows for rangers, swordbows for elementalists, flails for guardians, etc.

That’s all I can think of for now.

Edit:

More infinite-use skins like the zenith/radiant/hellfire achievement skins, that can be applied to ANY weight class It’s frustrating to know that, for example, once you use the scarlet’s veil skin on light/medium/heavy armor, there’s no going back. The decision is final. You can no longer change it to a different weighted class. This sucks! And it needs to change. Not only this, but you can’t create multiple skins for PvP (if that’s your thing), or for your other characters.

The LEAST this SHOULD be applied to, is living story meta achievement skins. Skins like Scarlet’s Veil, Fused Gauntlets, Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings, Wings of the Sunless, etc. (I’m sure there’s many more, I just can’t think of them all!) and many gem store skins.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Fix condition damage, the game needs this more than any new content, balance fixes, or system changes. Having 1/8th of the games build completely worthless in most PvE is beyond unacceptable, especially after 18 months.

Class Mechanic Overhauls

• For Engineers: Kit slot where weapon slot would normally be, removal of the med kit and replacement with a non-kit medpack skill. Kit skills should solely be utilities.
  • For Rangers: New class mechanic: Skill 1 controls pet targeting (I have explained how this would work in the ranger CDI), Skill 2 is an active dodge, Skill 3 is the pets own heal skill, and skill 4 enters ‘command’ mode, wherein your three utilities are replaced with the pets three combat skills. When pets go ‘down’ their skills are blacked out for a time and their heal is replaced with a channeled revive skill.
  • For mesmers: Mesmer clones now mimic the mesmer perfectly, max out at 4, have significantly lowered HP, and phantasms no longer count towards the mechanic. However, on-death traits have largely been removed.
  • For Elementalist: The actual use of the class mechanic remains largely the same, however, the class mechanic would operate with the trait tree. The arcane tree would still provide +2% recharge per attunement for each point, however each other tree would now grant +1% recharge for that tree alone. Minor traits would be revamped on each tree to give defensive on-swap bonuses earlier in the trees (excepting the arcane tree) and significantly heavier but more attunement specific bonuses later and later in the trees.
  • For Warriors: burst skills now depend on MH and OH weapons, warriors have a second burst skill with significantly lower CD which consistently uses one bar of adrenaline. Additionally, warriors now have a third weapon they may swap to on their bar, this weapon would have a 10 second CD shared with the weapon swap activation, as well as a 42 second CD upon activation.
  • For Guardians: They now have a 4th skill called Sermon. This would activate one of 7 different ways depending on which virtues were on passive and which had been activated. Virtues on CD would be considered as activated.
  • For Thief: The steal skills would be removed, passive initiative gain would be removed. The thief’s four class mechanic skills would be steal, plant, threaten, and assassinate. Steal would shadow step to your opponent and take a boon from him or give you a random boon, as well as giving you adrenaline. Plant would shadow step away from your target and give him a condition affecting you or a random condition, as well as giving adrenaline. These would would be very low CD repeatable skills to maintain adrenaline. Threaten would briefly channel then cause fear and give a significant amount of adrenaline, its CD would be higher. Finally Assassinate would give adrenaline based on how full your opponents health is, and deal power damage based on how low it is. It would have the highest CD.

Weapon Dyes Never going to happen because recolors are too easy and profitable, but it would help the end-game aesthetic so much.

Option to ‘tuck’ pants in to boots or sleeves in to gloves

Skin-locker, just change the mists locker to work for PvE and PvP, problem solved.

Ascended gear to either be gained by A LOT more methods, or to be removed from ALL PvP modes, including WvW.

More elites, revamped elites. More builds in this game have no worthwhile elite skill than do. We need the amount of elites at least doubled, and most existing elites need serious overhaul.

Transform skills need to at least allow you to use your healing skill. I can understand locking out the utility skills and the elites, but they will never be viable until they allow you to use your healing skill.

More extreme traits, far too many traits are passive effects which either nudge a few numbers here or there or at best do something on a timer or trigger. For example, I always imagined an Engineer firearms masterwork trait that replaces the first rifle skill with a shotgun blast, lowering the range to 900, dealing greater damage below 600, even greater below 300, and even greater at less than 50.

Ability to re-experience personal story and living story content, personally don’t care if you can’t get the same rewards as those who played the LS live, but you should at least be able to follow the story.

Character reset token. A gem store item which would allow you to reset a character, changing everything about him or her (class, race, and personal story choices) while maintaining your map completion, levels, achievements, and soulbound items. This would also unfortunately have to reset your personal story.

New weapons: MH sword for elementalist, MH shield for guardian, OH Axe for Necromancer, Hammer for Engineer, no idea for warrior (they have bloody everything), Hammer for Ranger, Longbow for thieves (with a shortbow rework), OH pistol for mesmer

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

1) New WvW solo objectives-
This could be a new gathering and running new supply type.
This new supply type could be used to spawn special type of NPC units.

2)New Sieges that move-
Unlike Golem, this siege could be used for fighting players as its main role instead of walls. Better zerg defense, and better AoE damage and CC.

3) PvE Raid Dungeons-
40 man Raid dungeons for GW2. Instanced.

4) New Soldier class-
Thats a Shadow Knight class.

5) New Trinity system-
Control uses a new stat that increase the effect of CC, and makes it usable on CC Immune mobs. Support has better heals and also grants contribution during events now.

6) New Event maker tool-
Allow players to create large world events with other players against the GW2 PvE players. Adds a bit of PvP to the PvE as well. Allow players from other servers be used as pawns for invading PvE worlds for player made events.

7) Weapons have additional skill mode presets-
Each weapon now has a Offensive Set, a Defensive set, and the traditional set. Thats 15 skills per 2 hander, and 9 skills per main hand weapon, and 6 skills per off hand weapon, per class.

8) New SPvP mode for large scale PvP instanced-
New PvP modes in SPvP that isnt just 5v5 or some other small scale match. Something like 40 vs 40, with objectives would be in place. Many different modes.

9)Mounts-
Players get mounts that they can make or breed.

10) Crafting and gathering are mini games now-
they are Mini-games now that require skill to make things or gather things. And can be designed to be fun to play.

Posted by: Kythrie.7653

Kythrie.7653

mounts godkitten it everyone i know wants them.

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

gw2 should meet, exceed and create new standards if it doesn’t want to be just another mediocre mmo game.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

PVP ; Remove amulets/jewels from Pvp,Add rings,accesoires ( same as pve ) instead to allow a greater variety in builds as most classes as of now are locked in 2 or 3 choises and have no way to mix-match stats up as they would like.

PVP; Add Mining Ores in Legacy of Foefire that can be gathered and brought to the Lord to fix the gates when breached. ( Think Gw1, Kurzick – Luxons )

PVP ; Trebs need to be doing less damage and have less of an impact in pvp battles,same goes for skyhammer cannon.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

every piece of weapon, armor and back item is able to change the stats as well as display skin once unlocked via special use of transmutation crystals.

every piece of trinket (amulet, accessories, rings) is able to change the stats as well as inventory skin plus any flavor text together with it once unlocked via special use of transmutation crystals.

this is the infinite horizontal progression that everyone would welcome.

Posted by: Nyel.1843

Nyel.1843

Mounts.

Yeah, Mounts.

Like them, love them. ANet could add so many different types of them… and it would keep the players playing and collecting them. And for sure it would be another very good cash cow for the shop.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m sure ya’ll are mentioning all the fun bread-n-butter items.

Someone probably mentioned this, but it’s important: Memorizing weapon and armor skins like dyes. Whether you want them character or account bound is entirely up to you, but once I use a stone or crystal on ‘any’ piece of armor or weapon, whether the source or destination, it’s look should now be ‘memorized’ just like a dye (or the Zenith skins) to be re-applied, at any time, on a whim, if I feel like changing my look, without any additional cost (just like a dye). I shouldn’t have to build and carry around different physical pieces of armor that are all identical and only differ in look because I like to change my look from time to time and place to place.

Mini pets should swim. All mini pets. Any mini pets my mini pets own should also swim.

Make the running animation a character trait you can pick at character creation and change with a makeover kit and bring back the human female running animation so I can select it as my base running animation, and everyone else can use the new one. I happen to like the one we had for the first 14+ months of the game. I express no hate towards folks that like the new one, and this is a way we can each have what we want, instead of arbitrarily picking winners and losers. It would also allow you to create ‘more’ running animations that you can sell in the shop or make available at character creation or both, and perhaps give another path to boosting makeover kit sales. Unless the whole thing is about Jesus, in which case I lose and can’t compete with that, because the change was then ‘specifically’ about taking something away, not making a change that more people enjoy. I certainly hope that was not the case, or if it was, please show some common courtesy and make a statement to that effect so I know what sort of people I’m in a business relationship with, and can make ‘informed’ decisions about how to proceed with that relationship.

And then, all the awesome stuff you folks listed.

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

1. Skin Locker/skin system overhaul-its been too long not letting us actually efficiently use the skins that are supposed to be “endgame”. If this isn’t done I’m probably moving on because it feels like you get punished for playing and getting more skins.

2. Legendary hunt or quest of some type- I think this will add more purpose to playing the game by giving a new goal. They just need to find a balance between it being too easy or too buy to win/grindy. It should be hard but done in a way that pushes you to actually play content without grinding content or rolling rng.

3. Server optimization- the game still plays subpar for most people on good pc’s when it was advertised as being optimized for mid range systems. There is no reason for the load on the cpu to be what it is even for an mmo.

After that they really need to focus the majority of time on balance. At this point this is the least balanced mmo I have ever played and I’ve played mmos for the better part of two decades. If they never find a reasonable level of balance all the bells and whistles they add wont make any difference.

(edited by kailin.4905)

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

Hi

MAPPING!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
1. Each and every map have its own unique chain plot (Similar to Harathi Hinderlands), leading to a final champion confrontation.
2. Each Map Plot requires full Heart/POI/Vistas, each of them telling the story of the map.
3. Map Plot completation rewards a unique skin(re-usable Account-bound) related to that lore chain. And each main area (Tyria, Maguuma, Ascalon, Shiverpeaks, etc) will reward a unique title and a token(Soulbound), which can be traded with cultural stuff(materials, armor, weapon, skin, consumable, boost, etc) with that race.
4. Each map plot (starting at 1-25, like queensdale), requires the last leveled map plot completation to start for you.

RE-DO FACTOR
1. Personal History is repeatable, with lesser rewards, and a button on the H panel: “Enter Instance”.
2. Once Hearts are done, they become loop with a “collect” or “kill” reward.
3. Vanquish to Dungeons, Maps, Map Plot(see above).
4. Titles for doing same thing lots of times, like GW1 titles: Slayer, Slayer of Beast, Slayer of Champions, Slayer of Gods, etc.
5. Hard Mode for 80’s.

CUSTOMIZATION
1. PvE Wardrobe.
2. Account Bound Dyes.
3. Textures and Patterns.
4. Preset Traits.
5. All weapons for all classes.
6. At least +4 weapon skills for each weapon(AA non-tradable)
7. Orders affect something on PvE. (kind of info u get, i believe this already started to happen, right?)
8. Race affect something on PvE. (Reactions from NPC’s will be different)
9. Charisma/Rage/Dignity affect something on PvE. (Reactions atm only as answers, not as “reactions”)
10. Class unique skins.
11. New Voices
12. Perma emotes (Angry, Sad, Happy, Suspicious)

;)

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

Posted by: Wrenn Haldane.3208

Wrenn Haldane.3208

1. Make dyes account bound, not character bound.
2. Commander should be account bound, not character bound.
3. I would really like to see more armor skins from the gem store.
4. Skin locker. For example, for the armor skins purchased from the gem store.
5. I would really like to see Karma Vendors sell more useful items. Frankly speaking, these items are often weak compared to items that are world drops.
6. I also think crafted armor/weapons should be of better quality. Honestly, crafted armor/weapons are largely weaker than world drops.
7. Give all classes a “speed boost” signet they can put on their skill bar. I may be wrong, but I think there are a couple of classes that don’t, and they lag behind in big groups.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

1. New writers
2. New coders

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Allow re-spec traits on the fly – Instead of requiring the players to run to a trait NPC every time, just give that option inside the trait window. Still charge the players silver for it, but make it more convenient.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Amalia.2879

Amalia.2879

In no particular order:

*Dueling
*Allow me to see the distance between me and my target (my skills have ranges, but I can’t see what my current range is)
*Guild Halls
*WvW no longer needed for World Completion/Pet Gathering
*New Zones
*Extended Personal Story

Shenku Clan – Arcanum, Brenin, & Pogue

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

1 Player Housing (If SWTOR can get it then why not us?)

2 Tengu

3 Guild Halls

4 Hall of Monuments (Were we can actually display stuff, not just claim our old rewards)

5 Mursaat

6 New areas with new hearts and missions.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

1) Bug Fixing
2) Bug Fixing
3) Bug Fixing
4) Bug, well you get the idea

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Hmm… because it won’t let me edit these in to my post (must be hitting the character limit) here they are.

Defense slot Dodge is basically removed, replaced with a skill slot, in which each class can place one of their three ‘defense’ skills similar to the heal skills. These skills would still work off the same endurance system.

Conquest mode replaced in PvP with a mode with three point gain conditions; area control (similar to how it is now), a CTF condition requiring you to hold and push a movile objective in to the enemy base, and of course point gain by kill dependent on your kill streak versus your enemies.

Pseudo-unit collision to prevent stacking. Rather than true unit collision (which would take too many resources) make a status called entangled, players with overlapping models would be affected by this condition and be unable to use skills and resurrect other players. This condition would be nullified in jumping puzzle areas, towns, and in a small area underneath each WP. Any player in WvW only has a certain amount of seconds he may ‘accidentally’ inflict entangled on another player before he is kicked and blocked for a period of time. Repeat offenders would be brought up for more severe disciplinary action.

Commander… uhm… commands ahem… two changes on this one. Firstly, commanders would have the ability to create events on the map, label these events and give them a description, and decide how often these events repeat or on what trigger they repeat. Secondly, give commanders the ability to draw ranks on the field, these would appear as colored boxes similar to AoE fields and would allow players to organize themselves, strategize placement, and prevent problems with the new collision system.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

1)Character Gear and Trait Profiles

2)Skin locker with the availability to save 15 skins. Anything after that would be purchased similar to Bank and Bag slots. (Because Anet has to pay the bills)

3)Have a place to deposit town clothes similar to the mini system we have currently. It stinks that we are punished for having to many town clothes that we purchased from the gem store.

4)Make an account bound bag that every character on your account can share. This way we can share unlimited tools and tonics. As well as a way to share Royal Terrace or Air Ship Pass.

5)For people that have a Airship or Royal Terrace Pass a way for the game to auto sense that they have the pass on them rather than kicking them out and sometimes forcing an additional loading screen.

6)A way to bookmark waypoints that way we can quickly get to where we want to go without having to pull up the whole map and sometimes having to wait for it to load in.

7)Better achievement tracker for when things require a bunch of different requirements to finish. Example Dungeon Master its hard to know what paths you have finished.

8)A way upon logging on with a character a way to toggle if you use an item when you log in. Such as a mini, halo ect…

9)Change the Home Instance to just your “Home” and have a place for us to store items in a box there. Sort of like a second bank that can only be access from your home instance.

10)If Number 9 was to happen make it so we could customize the place.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Just keep in mind folks…

Anything that was to make it into the “Features Patch” coming in the next Month or so, would have needed to be suggested in a post not less than… 3 Months Ago.

Whatever you put in this particular post might have a chance to be considered if they are going to do another Feature Patch after mid July.

Just food for thought.

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

-Cantha
-Elona
-Player Housing
-More weapon types
-Have every profession use every weapon type
-Capes
-Guild Halls (in a mechanic similar to Player Housing)
-Significant particle slider
-Air combat (Charr steampunk wings, Asura hoverboards, all races can use anything)
-More utility skills
-More weapon skills for each weapon (treat them like Utility skills)
-Commando
-Cantha
-Dynamic terrain physics upgrade for the GW engine for special dynamic events (hop on moving platforms, have projectiles bounce around in specialized rooms, make things fast paced)
-Much smarter AI with unique attacks for each monster type
-More dungeons
-More fractals
-Mounts (no flying mounts unless there’s sky zones, floating islands, etc, should be given for free)
-Knockbacks can push off NPC’s and players off cliffs (makes everything better c:)
-Ships to sail across oceans, ship combat and monsters to fight there. Have guilds use galleons and use cannons to sink PVP ships in WvW (Ship PVP)
-Some tweaks for underwater combat
-Deeper dialogue for random NPC’s

That’s all I can think of. Some of these features will take a few years if they ever consider it.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Everything that Zaoda.1653 said, you basically read my mind and I love you.
One more thing to add though, I wish we could have a tab in hero panel dedicated to previous Living Story rewards. It would work the same way as Zenith weapons and Radiant/Hellfire armor.

I have 8 characters, and for example Tower of nightmares only gave me 1 Gasmask. Maybe I’d like to have it on 3 of my characters, maybe I equipped it but transmutation splitter still makes it soulbound (at least make it acct bound).
My point is, it would be nice to have an interface where you could withdraw all meta achievement awards from all previous LS for all your lovely alts, pvp, pve, 3 different armor sets on 1 character even, in case you salvage it… (I did that with Scarlet’s new mask).

I don’t see any harm in it if a player already finished achievement and deserved their reward.

Thanks :-P and woops, yeah that was probably another major suggestion I forgot to add. I just edited my post to include that.

Infinite-use skins should AT LEAST be applied to all meta achievement skins that were obtained through the living stories. It would be nice if gem store skins were included in the same treatment, but I highly doubt Anet would do it :-( and it’s odd because by doing this for everyone, I believe it would actually create MORE demand, because people would think ‘hey, I can apply this to ANY of my characters… I want it!’.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Zabrios.6079

Zabrios.6079

A real open world