in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jatacid.3725

Jatacid.3725

From a constructive criticism perspective: I honestly feel that not enough information and guidance is given during the ‘clockwork’ story-line and events.

I appreciate that some people like to explore and figure things out on their own. But for many players, being given no specific location to look, or event location indication is a significant problem.

I think an MMO needs to cater to casual players with these story-mode things.

I would think for the main story lines – that more info and guidance be given. For example locations on the map, or specific areas highlighted.

Smaller, side-related, or achievement-related, challenges remain undisclosed and ‘mysterious’. To allow the players who like a challenge have something to do after the main story arc.

This will ensure everyone is included in the important things.

Would you agree with this feedback?

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

The last update confirmed my boredom ^^

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

From a constructive criticism perspective: I honestly feel that not enough information and guidance is given during the ‘clockwork’ story-line and events.

I appreciate that some people like to explore and figure things out on their own. But for many players, being given no specific location to look, or event location indication is a significant problem.

I think an MMO needs to cater to casual players with these story-mode things.

I would think for the main story lines – that more info and guidance be given. For example locations on the map, or specific areas highlighted.

Smaller, side-related, or achievement-related, challenges remain undisclosed and ‘mysterious’. To allow the players who like a challenge have something to do after the main story arc.

This will ensure everyone is included in the important things.

Would you agree with this feedback?

I agree with you completely as I look at every new LS update and stare at the achievement screen trying to figure out where to go and what to do, but I have a solution! Just go directly to Dulfy’s site and she usually has everything outlined by the time you log in to begin this nonsense.

For example, here’s her coverage of the Clockwork stuff:
http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-clockwork-chaos-invasions-and-achievements-guide/

She does a really good job and it really caters to people like me who don’t want to deal with all of the confusion and poor tool tips on the achievements.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Unless they made an option to hide / reveal the enhanced help, I’d rather leave it like it is to be honest. I enjoy figuring the things out for myself.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I’d have an easier time if they had a separate icon for balloon towers you’ve already visited.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Half of the problem is time. One month is simply too short and cramped for some Living World contents that it actually feels rather messy at times.

For example, the only relatively detailed explanations we have about the Scarlet Invasion events which started yesterday is either from the patch notes or dulfy, and not everybody read these things.

So there is just a lot of confusion until word-of-mouth allows information to be spread in-game. This is fine, since it creates some sort of unique oral culture, but by the time everyone is familiar with the new LS mechanics it will be a few days out of the 30 days gone.

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I still don’t know what “Activity participation” in the dailies is??

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Nah I’m good, don’t want more annoying tooltips or hints…..however, I’d like to state that I passed 3rd grade comprehension so I am clearly able to put together the meaning of the words in the patch notes and LS achievements to understand the objectives I need to complete…..

Lisa.6102

Nah I’m good, don’t want more annoying tooltips or hints…..however, I’d like to state that I passed 3rd grade comprehension so I am clearly able to put together the meaning of the words in the patch notes and LS achievements to understand the objectives I need to complete…..

Good for you . You get a Gold Star in the middle of your forehead. Go to the top of the class

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Good for you . You get a Gold Star in the middle of your forehead. Go to the top of the class

Thanks, I like to excel! I have a commander tag for a reason, to lead people in the right direction so we can all prosper!

Lisa.6102

Thanks, I like to excel! I have a commander tag for a reason, to lead people in the right direction so we can all prosper!

LOL it’s amazing what 100g can get you these days

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

On the center of LA by the statue is an NPC with crossed swords over his head. He’s the activities NPC…every day it’s one of four activities that rotates…keg brawl, sanctum sprint, southsun survivor or crab toss.

Just play one game for the daily achievement. Each game also has other achievements under the activities tab.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Daily activity = found by the crossed flags (red/purple) near the asura gates in Lions Arch. Each day is a different activity (minigame) such as Sanctum sprint or belcher’s bluff, etc.
HTH

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Jatacid.3725

Jatacid.3725

Took me ages to figure out too.

Right next to the entrance of lions arch trading post theres an NPC with like flags over his head icon.

It’s an activity rotation. So it could be like keg brawl, or a race, or survive, just a bunch of cool minigames.

1 game nets you the daily, but yeah, its a classic example of how a system to search for area of relevant NPC would be really useful.

Vayne.8563

How to figure out what to do? Go to one of the heralds in any city. They tell you where to start. Go to where they start and look for a yellow star. Go to the yellow star.

Also almost every event starts with an in game mail that tells you exactly where to go.

If you read, you’ll find out where to go, without even studying the achievements.

Lisa.6102

Thanks , guys it makes sense now , ,,,,, I’ll pull out the blonde excuse

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

I guess you should have continued your education past the 3rd grade . . . .

You need to learn how to use an ellipses before you attempt to use one again. “When placing an ellipsis at the end of a quotation to indicate the omission of material, use four points — a three-point ellipsis and a period. The ellipsis should follow a blank space.”

“An ellipsis is a series of three points with spaces between them (. . .) inserted into a quotation to indicate the omission of material from the original quotation. There are quite a few simple rules for the proper use of ellipses, which are used more often in legal writing than most forms of writing, since lawyers often (generally too often) quote material from other sources. Failure to use the proper form of an ellipsis could misrepresent the work of another person and result in legal liability for the writer. Correct use of ellipses, on the other hand, shows that the writer has carefully attended to detail, and thus increases the reader’s confidence in the reliability of the written work. "

From: http://www.kentlaw.edu/academics/lrw/grinker/LwtaEllipses.htm

Back on topic:

Unless they made an option to hide / reveal the enhanced help, I’d rather leave it like it is to be honest. I enjoy figuring the things out for myself.

I agree with TheDaiBish. I always like optional help/hints that can be turned off/on etc.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I totally agree OP, here is my complaints..

Went to the Pavilion as instructed, watched and did the story part.. was told to go to Gendarren Fields by the Asuran NPC found the portal (followed a star on the map).

Once there we were there, we were then directed to the outpost north of it and found another NPC (by a star on the map) for which we are told we need to go to Fireheart Rise and Frostgorge….

Here is where it all falls apart there is absolutely nothing in either of those maps, no clue where to go next or what to do… me and my friend were lost completely.. we boot up google to check Dulfy in which it says we must do 5 portal events in random maps..

Why send us to maps that lead no where and why must we be forced to go to third party websites to find out information that should have been in game all along..

Its just really poorly done.

Vayne.8563

I totally agree OP, here is my complaints..

Went to the Pavilion as instructed, watched and did the story part.. was told to go to Gendarren Fields by the Asuran NPC found the portal (followed a star on the map).

Once there we were there, we were then directed to the outpost north of it and found another NPC (by a star on the map) for which we are told we need to go to Fireheart Rise and Frostgorge….

Here is where it all falls apart there is absolutely nothing in either of those maps, no clue where to go next or what to do… me and my friend were lost completely.. we boot up google to check Dulfy in which it says we must do 5 portal events in random maps..

Why send us to maps that lead no where and why must we be forced to go to third party websites to find out information that should have been in game all along..

Its just really poorly done.

I guess that whole big world event text sitting on your side bar meant absolutely nothing to you.

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

yea i agree..took me about 20 mins to figure out what to do..then I went to genderran fields and it said to wait until I can switch realms because it wasn’t attacking this realm..waited for 20 minutes then logged out. Nice way to waste an hour of my life, though.