[Feedback] Lunar New Year

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I think it’s nice to give the dev’s some feedback about their event.

My feedback:
- 5 wins was too long, I’d rather have 1 win
- Compete in 2 games was nice and simple – but too many people leeched / afk’ed for their AP
- Add another game to give more variation (Rollerbeetle Racing, Boardwalk Games, etc)
- Loved the MF option on the envelopes! (more please!!)

What feedback would you give the dev’s so they can try to improve/adjust the next years New Year event?!

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

You are mostly giving feedback about the daily achievements for the Lunar New Year, but not actually about the event itself?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

I wish they’ll make the Seasonal achievements active again so I can finish the kitten interrupts :P
(as it is called already “seasonal”, I hope they do)

It’s a-me, Aria!

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Garbage event. If they’re going to rehash content Dragon Bash is the event that should’ve been used.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My feedback about Dragonball itself:

As a gamer who moved to GW2 after multiple Unreal Tournament incarnations, I find Dragon Ball highly frustrating to play.

• Awful camera work – zooming in and out in cramped tunnels, randomly snapping to bridges.
  • No double jump.
  • No wall dodge.
  • Targeting.

I do understand why GW2 sticks to the usual concept of movement – developing more complicated movements for a single temporary PvP activity makes little sense, and teaching players to use those is no easy task.

Targeting is also a global game concept and yes, one can disable targeting at all, but the skills are designed with targeting in mind – however the recent changes to nearest enemy made targeting even worse than before, doubly so for such a dynamic fast-paced FPS-like game.

But my biggest gripe is camera. Okay, I’ll try using my asura, but… but that just shouldn’t work like it does. I cannot see what hits me or from where, I cannot properly aim because the camera goes back and forth.

So please, ANet: before you come up with something like this again, can we pleeease rework the camera and think of some kind of first person view or at least a no-character view and no-camera-snapping mechanics? Yes, I know it has problems of 1) people investing less in looks and 2) game looking not that good when zoomed in and 3) people performing poorly because they can’t see AoE markers designed for zoomed out camera and 4) those people demanding rework of the current combat tells, but many have asked for it for very valid reasons.

Add to that:

• matchmaking
  • AFKers
  • no party with friends
  • buggy pickups (not picking for 2 seconds after spawned)
  • projectiles going through walls

Apart from that:

• 2 DB games were frustrating enough, 1 could be okay. If the problems above were fixed, it could be fun, but not the way it was. I said “finally, no more!” in the last day of the festival.
  • There had to be another option apart from DB for the daily.
  • Fixed location firecrackers were a boring “come every day, press F” grind. If they were put around Tyria like pumpkins and magic snow, it would’ve felt more like fun – but a) it’s human stuff only, b) it requires more coding.
  • Launching a couple fireworks could be put into dailies. It’s cool looking, contributing to the atmosphere, fast and cheap (~50c).
  • Same with food. Cheap, fast, food sink and feels like a festival.
20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Event enjoyable, however the scaling on the interrupt was ridiculous, from 2 to 100.

Also the restriction of only one event was pretty dire. Mite as well put a sign up, ‘If you don’t like this event go away, Chinese New Year off limits to non-players!’

Guardian of Angels.9867

You are mostly giving feedback about the daily achievements for the Lunar New Year, but not actually about the event itself?

I’m still waiting for your feedback

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Was there more?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Well, I wish I could give you any, but I can’t be bothered with all those Gem Store Carnivals that ANet puts in on occasion..
So I haven’t participated in any of those events/activities/… :-)

Was just pointing that your remarks, although valid, were only about the dailies.. ;-)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Guardian of Angels.9867

Well, I wish I could give you any, but I can’t be bothered with all those Gem Store Carnivals that ANet puts in on occasion..
So I haven’t participated in any of those events/activities/… :-)

Was just pointing that your remarks, although valid, were only about the dailies.. ;-)

Well that explains xD

Agreed my comments were mostly on achievements, because in my opinion this event was created around dragon ball. I really miss diversity here (like when compared to wintersday)

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

sale on gem shop during lunar new year was pitiful . racist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Was pretty weak. Dragon Ball is horrible for the reasons listed above; the firecrackers were just plain pointless; not enough access to the food; event was very shallow.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

After taking a look to Divinitys Reach at the first day all i did the next days was using
the fireworks whenever i entered the homelands.

So yeah .. fantastic event .. lol

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Personally, I enjoyed the merchant. Made plenty of gold and earned a ton of luck to boot. Wish there was more involvement as far as achievements, but something was better than nothing.

But, yes, it could’ve been better.

And no mini-dragon for us was terrible.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Guardian of Angels.9867

And no mini-dragon for us was terrible.

What actually happened to the mini dragon that was datamined?

aka Holy Blood Guardian