[Feedback]Path of Fire Elite Specialization Preview - August 18-20

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Had a thought for renegade.

At this stage renegade has as a weakness to conditions (very few cleanses), stuns (stun break on heal? really?) and mobility (only mobility you have is if you take shiro and you want to stick on target, otherwise you don’t even get reliable swiftness without glint.. wasn’t this class supposed to have the 2nd best mobility in game???).

So why so many blaring weaknesses? Could we maybe get a couple stunbreaks this legend? or since shortbow skill 3 is (terrible, reverse shotgun just… no) maybe we could get a blink skill in its place? like thief sb skill 5 or mesmer blink or druid staff 3? I mean it even has a portal theme for the shortbow it practically screams blink skill. At this point anything would help renegade in the mobility department.. =P

Leave the condition weakness if you must (prefer more condi clears but whatever) but please at least make it so we don’t have a stunbreak and mobility weakness too since all the nerfs to dodge stability and shiro costs etc…

(edited by Kronos.2560)

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

My thoughts were weaver and holosmith were the most powerful and actually may need to be toned down especially that thing they were doing where it just killed anything in one hit. Holosmith wasn’t as bad but still needed multiple players focusing one to even scratch it.

The scourge and spellbreaker were pretty balanced on target for what I would have expected.

As for the mirage, deadeye, etc(all the others) they felt very underwhelming. The worst two I’d have to say the deadeye the way its setup with lack of mobility its like the ventari tablet requires so much micromanagement to the point that once you are setup anything that saw you will instantly kill you because even if you stealth yourself you are immobilized so its pointless to be stealthed when the enemy knows where you are anyways just like the block with the rev shield ppl will just spam traps, marks, etc on you to make your weapon work against you. Also anet has driven the thief into the trickery line so hard now that it violates the philosophy the CEO is always talking about having various ways to play in any game mode it locks the thief into have to using trickery and some of that trickery line should just be something the thief gets without traiting because most of the trickery line was based on design before the elite specs ever existed. So it makes Critical Strikes and Shadow Arts very hard to use in place of so much needed utility.

Then last wall of text here is about the rev/renegade. The worst elite spec of them all had to be the renegade. The first thing was those summon charr are so weak a standard clone could just hit them once and kill them. Then on top of that they used up so much energy for abilities that were just worthless trash that become obvious and easily evaded or blocked. On top of that the rev has had a very very very bad weakness where the rev in most builds you can only remove 1 condition every 10 seconds when you have classes like necro and mesmer spitting out stacks up stacks per second it just weighed you down instantly to the point of just being pve usable for power builds. Again like herald this elite spec offers no real condi management plus its weak abilities with extremely too high of energy costs just made it extremely horrible to play it. The shortbow needs work too the damage was just very very low. As well they point to ventari on the conditions issue but especially in wvw again the amount of conditions and requiring so much micromanagement to get rid of a few of them I might not even get xpac unless this is addressed because it really sours the gameplay when what you want to play most is unplayable.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Deadeye:

Deadeyes mark should be refreshable without losing malice at least for pve

Deadeyes mark cast time removed

thats about it rest looked fine imho

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

soul beast need new dagger animation and not the thief one

Posted by: Miocast.2657

Miocast.2657

Mirage

Issues with Mirage cloack – Mirage Cloack gained by skills is not reliable, Mirrors are oftenly spawned in places that you do not want to be in.

Ambush window is too small – therefore ambush skills are hardly accessible.

Ambushes felt useless, you don’t really have any reason to use them, apart from sword one.

Utilities and heal felt somewhat non interesting, and moreover unsuable in wvw and spvp, apart from new elite which have its own issues.

Since the only reliable way to get access to ambush is Mirage Cloack by dodging – therefore some additional gain of endurance should be introduced: either from shatters, or by skills (like endurance gain from autoattacks, or by traits.

Since Mirrors spawn is unrelaible and random – certain actions in that department must be taken, may be additional F5 that converts all clones and illusions, but not phantasms, into mirrors or something along the lines.

There is should be traits that allow mirage to be powerbased spec, right now it once again favor conditions. Some higher power scale to Jaunt, ambushes, axe skills might be an option.

Jaunt usability must be upped, either by additional charges, range, or by gaining Mirage Cloack at the end of teleportation, or by interrupting|dazing enemies at the start and end of teleportation or by spawning mirrors around final relepoartation point, literally something that up it’s utility, because right now it in shadow of even base elites.

Infinite Horizon should be baseline Minor Adept trait.

TL;DR 3|10 not somethign that majority of mesmers did want, not something that was designed with particular intent, not something that i will play with in PoF.

(edited by Miocast.2657)

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

soul beast need new dagger animation and not the thief one

Recycling of animations is nothing new. They did it in HoT too. I’m more concerned about the fact that the Soulbeast’s dagger AA is slower than that of the thief AND Spellbreaker, even though the damage scaling seems undertuned for both power and condition. On top of that, it just feels… clunky to have such a slow AA chain.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Posted by: ShalmaneserIII.8571

ShalmaneserIII.8571

Had a thought for renegade.

At this stage renegade has as a weakness to conditions (very few cleanses), stuns (stun break on heal? really?) and mobility (only mobility you have is if you take shiro and you want to stick on target, otherwise you don’t even get reliable swiftness without glint.. wasn’t this class supposed to have the 2nd best mobility in game???).

So why so many blaring weaknesses? Could we maybe get a couple stunbreaks this legend? or since shortbow skill 3 is (terrible, reverse shotgun just… no) maybe we could get a blink skill in its place? like thief sb skill 5 or mesmer blink or druid staff 3? I mean it even has a portal theme for the shortbow it practically screams blink skill. At this point anything would help renegade in the mobility department.. =P

Leave the condition weakness if you must (prefer more condi clears but whatever) but please at least make it so we don’t have a stunbreak and mobility weakness too since all the nerfs to dodge stability and shiro costs etc…

+1

Tried renegade, and was underwhelmed by it. It seems weak. As of now, it seems like staying Herald would be better than going Renegade, which seems bad considering other classes ( Weaver especially) got complete overhauls. I still cannot believe Rev’s did not get any other underwater legends. It seems like it is still an unfinished class, which, considering how long there has been to work on it, is disappointing. It’s not like we got a new class to play with this expac to take our focus away from how underwhelming Rev’s are.

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Firebrand: I think you guys are repeating the same Elite Tome mistakes but by a smaller degree again.
Elite Tome were cool, had great abilities, but I think the fact it had limited duration (20 secs, 30 secs traited with skills with CDs longer than this) and on a 180 sec CD itself greatly limited it’s fun factor.

Why not remove this pages mechanic and make it similar to Elementalist’s attunements or Engineer’s kits? That would make it much fun to play.

Also, can you consider adding damage to the tome skills instead of just burning? Just because it’s magic doesn’t mean it needs to be about condition damage, think of the power builds…

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Just redo renegade/revenant. Too many reasons why and too many things to fix. It’s a hard fail.

Posted by: Patty.3268

Patty.3268

My feedback for Weaver: right now, it feels like Tempest is better at damage, support and also survivability – which makes me wonder why to take Weaver at all. Sure, you get dual attunements, but the benefits from that feel lackluster when looking at the fact that Weaver is way more complicated than core Ele or Tempest. Most of the dual attacks feel weaker than the original 3rd skills (including the small barrier).

Also, for core traits, only your main hand attunement will be considered. If your off hand attunement would also be, we would get more synergy with the core lines – something Weaver is also lacking.

Sword should also be buffed, since it feels weaker than dagger. Dagger currently does more damage, and it’s also easier to hit targets due to PBAoE. Sword should make up for the fact that you have to be in close melee range.

With all the condis flying around, I also think that Weaver needs some form of condi cleanse to survive in melee range. Why not make Unraveling Hexes work for all conditions, and let Weaver become a counter to all the condi builds running around? This would also allow Ele to move away from the Water traitline for condi cleansing, opening up new build options.

Also, Barriers in general should be improved. On both Weaver and Scourge, they feel a bit weak and decay way to fast. Why not make them go away completely after certain time instead of decaying over time?

(edited by Patty.3268)

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Here’s my complete feedback on Deadeye: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Deadeye-Feedback-from-demo-weekend/first#post6725616

Unfortunately, it is not a 100 word feedback, and instead a detailed look at the specialization as a whole.

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

i’m a mesmer and guardian fan.

Mirage – really digging the concept but i think some of the tools given via traits and skills should just be apart of the mirage.
clones should always get mirage cloak when you do.
and there should be an f5 skills that blinks you and all your clones around the foe and apply ambush.
Give us traits that make the mirrors more intresting.

Guardian- I’m cool with offensive support. but i was kinda hoping for defensive support. I’m very suprised you didnt think barrier was a good idea for this class.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

I’m in love with deadeye. But I have a few major problems with the class.

The Malice stacking when you are attacking feels really slow. Maybe it’ll feel faster if there’s a visual queue or an audio queue. Or maybe it just takes too long mechanically.

And Death Retreat is incredibly buggy and unreliable. It suffers from terrain differences, tiny little lips behind you that you can easily step over, trees… etc. If it can’t be fixed, I’d rather trade it with something similar to short bow and pay a higher initiative cost. Instead of a shadow step, make it a grapple hook that behaves very similar to oakheart’s essence mastery.

You need a strong visual indicator on the UI when you are kneeled, and you need to be able to break kneel without needing to press 5 again.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

Posted by: Gwydeon.3580

Gwydeon.3580

Mesmers:

Removing the movement from our dodge command is upsetting.

Using a double tap to act as a spell modifier, and not move is disorienting. Use F5

I do not find anyone else who thinks the ‘mirrors’ that appear are worth the time it takes to move to them. Please rip out this mechanic an put the power directly into our failing damage per second.

The ability to re-direct Phantasms should be a core mechanic, not the ability of a single weapon.

The Raptor felt great to ride.

I don’t like much of the new gear.

False Oasis is too Weak.

(edited by Gwydeon.3580)

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

Mirage:
Disclaimer – I’m keeping my feedback to the things that need to change to prevent bloat of the post.

Mirrors feel difficult to utilize for several reasons: functionality, low duration, sporadic spawning qualifications, difficult to predict spawning locations. Please fix at least two of these issues.

Weakness is great as a condition but the mirrors are very sporadic, so the duration that Mirage Mirrors pulse out should either occur around the mirror while it is active, or have a longer duration once shattered. Consider increasing base damage or adding another condition to them.

Spawn duration is (as stated) very low. They need to last enough time to be used strategically in fights and allow us some sort of zone control.

Shards of Glass as a trait creates an issue in unreliability. Leaving a mirror (if it spawns) on the field has no purpose in current implementation, and there is little incentive to actually run for it when there is such a minor benefit. This feedback applies to most of my comments and is the crux of the issue with Mirage.

Weapon:
Axe is a nice weapon in that it provides unique play. However it feels weaker in comparison to using a sword main hand related to lower defensive capability (no evades). Perhaps make the “mirror” that spawns a clone also give us mirage cloak when the clone spawn is triggered?

Ambushes:
Mirage Thrust is nice (maybe lower aftercast?) but feels wasted in selecting Mirage as as a trait line, it has little interaction with power builds.

Split Surge is incredibly situational/weak. Perhaps allow the ability to hit more targets, or cause an increase in damage on the attack. Power needs some help with Mesmer.

Chaos Vortex could feel more impactful in that its size limits its usefulness. When I tested it, it was not a bouncing projectile like the regular staff auto. Perhaps change it so it does have this functionality.

Utilities:

False Oasis: for such a long cooldown, the healing is rather weak.

Crystal Sands: interesting concept but its weakness comes from the Mirage Mirror functionality outlined above. Why bother spawning the mirror at all? Evades are great but running to the Mirror adds a major layer of predictability to a spec that is supposed to be unpredictable.

Sand Through Glass: This one I have an issue with mostly due to Mirage Mirror’s current implementation. It could provide some area denial in weakness application, but in order to cause that, we have to jump back into the place we just dodged from. I hope you can see the counter-intuitive design stemming from Mirage Mirror at this point.

Jaunt: Perhaps just increase the distance by 100 and I will be fine with this skill.

Traits:

Self-Deception: Should activate on Mirage Mirror shatter if improvements to Mirage Mirrors go through.

Shards of Glass: Needs to have some sort of reliability built in. Will be improved by a clean up of Mirage Mirror itself and if that is the case, no changes needed.

Mirage Mantle: 1.5 seconds of protection is abysmally low. Either add another boon (Vigor? Might?) or change the duration.

Infinite Horizon: If Ambushes are improved on clones (as in they do more damage), then this can stay a trait. But it should be baseline with current implementation. If it goes baseline, then please add in another shatter-related trait to help bolster that playstyle.

Suggestions for Infinite Horizon replacement:

Shattering Chaos: Using a shatter also shatters each of your Mirage Mirrors, granting once instance of evade frames to you and your clones. Effects on enemies occur per Mirror activated. x second ICD.

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

An expected result even from the WoodenPotatoes Strawpoll: http://www.strawpoll.me/13820403/r
His commentary is also on point, remarking the huge amount of underwater skills for Soulbeast, Weaver, and Firebrand, and still 2/6 legends for Revenant and no Elite Legend (despite Glint being very easy to adapt).
He just does not seem to understand how bad it is to heave stunbreak on healing, meaning that you can heal or stunbreak, with the “or” being exclusive.

How long until we get a response from the devs?

Attachments:

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Biggest ask of them all….

Posted by: Jack Redline.5379

Jack Redline.5379

hi i noticed you are looking for feedback for the new specs. well uffff -_- i am not happy to say this but i am dissapointed by Deadeye. I play only thief i have one warior and one ranger in case of need but i am only thief player cuz i love its mechanics and gamestyle. i am sure some ppl will dissagree some might maybe agree but here is my point.

1st Rifle – okay i cant tell you what gun to give to whom and i get your point why rifle. but i am sure that thief in this case just bought one for a team. Imho you knew that rifle needs to get used more often cuz reasons. i will not name those i think stood behind this. Anyway i think that even tho idea of thief being sniper is very nice it takes the essence of thief from this class. Rifle could totaly go to ranger they would finaly be a bit more offensive class.

2nd Imovability – making thief imovable while attacking altho from a far is really bad idea. My point is that in PVP or PvE (dungeons,raids) it will be useless, maps are not built the way you could just sit somewhere and camp at enemy, not to mention when you get to encountered by mesmer and his illusions or even ranger and his pet. they both have ability to make you to aim on their illusion/pet and that will make you vulnerable you will have to stop your camping, move backwards and you will loose all your time cuz enemy will be close enough to kill you not to mention ranger can attack you with longbow already from where he stands. Thief always had advantage of movability (three – five dodges, shadowstep, steal etc) but this takes it from him which makes him unbelievably weaker not to mention thief alongside with guardian and elementalist have THE lowest health of all if you dont bust all in Vitality/toughness which takes condi/power/expertise from you which was usually needed and better for thief.

3rd Vulnerability as condition in #1 attack – I was like WHAT? Vulnerability? Why? It is THE most useless condition of all. Not to mention a bit of realizm wouldn’t hurt. Like rifle isnt shooting potatoes or rocks so it could damage your armor so bad you would get vulnerable. In best case rifle shoots fast and small bullets that would fly through you leaving small but badly bleeding wound. Armor would have small hole in it and so would your character which would cause severe bleeding.

4th no melee attack at rifle – i maybe am going too far with this one but i can imagine rifle not to have Double tap attack and instead have at least one melee attack in case someone acctually gets to you (say another sneaky stealthy thief who doesnt play Deadeye) this attack should cause Daze at least 1,5 sec because thief seriously lack any kind of daze. Thief has only 4 attacks that daze for 1/4 sec and two of it are uttilities. I am not counting Sleight of hand , Tactical strike and Mace head crack because these require you to steal first and while doing so you must throw yourself in stealth which is case if you play Trickery, Deception, something and that totaly changes whole gameplay of yours so it is different case. But if you want to play Deadeye you need at least one daze attack otherwise you would have to play Rifle and second set something with secondary pistol or shortbow and there is no reason for anyone to play rifle/shortbow.

I like the idea of Deadeye but it could be improved a bit this is my oppinion hate me for it if you must. But if you read it i am sure you get my point.

thank you for your time and sorry

(edited by Jack Redline.5379)

Kidel.2057

That won’t be answered.
There is still time to fix stuff, about 20 days. But if this thread is simply ignored until release, I doubt things will be fixed.

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

That won’t be answered.
There is still time to fix stuff, about 20 days. But if this thread is simply ignored until release, I doubt things will be fixed.

Looking that way sadly…..

Kidel.2057

I hope they also take this as constructive criticism for the way they are communicating with us.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

To be fair, if they are busy fixing things, they won’t have much time to lay out all of the details.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Kidel.2057

I’m leaving here 2 useful threads with short suggestions for Revenant, Herald and Renegade.

I hope they won’t be ignored:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Possible-Revenant-improvements/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/conditions-durability-and-cleanse/first

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

3rd Vulnerability as condition in #1 attack – I was like WHAT? Vulnerability? Why? It is THE most useless condition of all. Not to mention a bit of realizm wouldn’t hurt. Like rifle isnt shooting potatoes or rocks so it could damage your armor so bad you would get vulnerable. In best case rifle shoots fast and small bullets that would fly through you leaving small but badly bleeding wound. Armor would have small hole in it and so would your character which would cause severe bleeding.

Not dissing your opinion. But you might want to look up what a rifle bullet -really- does to people.The entrance wound is small. The exit wound however is normally much larger. The super sonic speed it travels through your body will basically rip your insides apart as it travels through you. Annnd… if we say they weren’t using super sonic bullets, they probably have been hitting each other with the minie ball. And that thing caused soooo many horrors on the battle field. Anet saying that the auto attack weakens you is them being nice.

Also, Vulnerability increases the damage from all sources by a percentage. In a 1v1 scenario it has some value. But in a team fight or against bosses it is an insanely good condition.

(edited by Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497)

Kidel.2057

RENEGADE

Confirming from today’s stress test. Traits are nice (even if Brutal Momentum has ICD for some reason), but probably not worth taking over Herald (flat +2% damage per boon plus defensive stuff, overall with perma boons may be better then just Kalla’s Fervor).

Shortbow is meh, F-Skills are unusable (you either use them and AA all the time, or play normally and never use the F-Skills) and Kalla skills are complete trash. I think that there is no need to explain why. You basically use 1, it gets killed and you have to AA for 10 seconds or legendswap.

It’s probably not worth over Herald even on condi builds, not to mention power builds.
The only decent things about this spec are Kalla’s Fervor and the +33% crit, but only on paper, since the trait is bugged and atm works with a 8 second ICD (as soon as you get Vigor your 33% crit chance goes away).

Again, on paper there are some nice things on the F-Skills, but I’m unable to add them in the normal rotation without having to waste 4-7 seconds autoattacking. F3 IS 40 ENERGY, COME ON. We have 50 Energy and 40 goes away with 1 skill that is shared among legends.

Any Revenant build except Ventari ones are now weak to conditions because of boonrip.

I’ll just leave this here and walk away.
Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/A-Net-s-Revenant-Goals/first

Attachments:

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Posted by: Neeja.4579

Neeja.4579

For Renegade at this point I expect them to only change numbers, that won’t solve much since Kalla doesn’t appeal by any point of view.

It’s a failure even if they make it strong.
They should have started gaining community feedback long ago.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Just have seen it a second time, for holosmith: Heat MUST affect others weapons, and add dual sword, but make the second sword skills powerful. Just tone down power a litle bit, for me it’s okay, engineer were always week for me: I always played this class: Too long time to charge skills with hammer and not extraordinary rifle power, surely increase the rifle power with heat could be great. About photon forge bar, maybe a little bigger, some skills are just pit of heat.

-So: Okay with Holosmith but can be improved.

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Kidel.2057

Posted by: Alchimist.4738

Alchimist.4738

After trying a bit more Soulbeast during the stress test I think there should be an incentive to going in and out of beastmode, otherwise we’ll just become Warriors and stay in beastmode 95% of the time.

I think the statistics increase from beastmode should carry over for 5 seconds after leaving beastmode, in order to make using the pet not so punishing, there is also the need for the pet condition scaling issue to be fixed, because since 2012 when a pet inflicts conditions, those conditions scale on the pet statistics, but if you swap (or go beastmode), those conditions will scale on nothing, which means a condition Soulbeast doesn’t want to go out of beastmode to use the F2 to quickly go back to beastmode, because the pet’s condition will scale on the lowest level possible.

Posted by: DreamyLove.8947

DreamyLove.8947

Winds of Disenchantment
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment

this skill should not Interval: ½s
there has no other skill can like this
why anet make this?

Kidel.2057

That skill is completely gamebreaking in some game areas, basically making some classes useless.

10 targets and ½s interval with boonrip, boon prevention and projectile block.
Also unblockable and combo field.

Basically WvW god in 1 skill.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

After trying a bit more Soulbeast during the stress test I think there should be an incentive to going in and out of beastmode, otherwise we’ll just become Warriors and stay in beastmode 95% of the time.

I think the statistics increase from beastmode should carry over for 5 seconds after leaving beastmode, in order to make using the pet not so punishing, there is also the need for the pet condition scaling issue to be fixed, because since 2012 when a pet inflicts conditions, those conditions scale on the pet statistics, but if you swap (or go beastmode), those conditions will scale on nothing, which means a condition Soulbeast doesn’t want to go out of beastmode to use the F2 to quickly go back to beastmode, because the pet’s condition will scale on the lowest level possible.

Um, being in beastmode is a dps loss compared to having the pet? What is wrong with these innumerate posts?

Pet is worth 3-4k DPS.

200 power and 150 ferocity isn’t even close to that. Melding with your pet is awful in PvE outside using Sic’ Em.

Kidel.2057

Do you realize you can go into beast mode even after the pet is dead?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Do you realize you can go into beast mode even after the pet is dead?

Why would you let the pet die?