Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

While I disagree with the OPs point if view (I’m in the same position. I have multiple legendaries. I don’t think there is any compensation to be had, nor should there be) the tone of his post was much tamer and more inquistitory than many others I have read on this topic. He didn’t make demands and rant and rave, so don’t bite his head off just for asking.

Zelendel

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Isn’t there a way to make legendaries unbound with a transmutation splitter?

I would do that and then sell my spare

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Wow. So many lame mantras in so little space.

Here’s your answer straight up: Yes. You got F’d.

Stat switching? Please. 1 legendary cost covers 100 el-cheapo ascendeds with any stat.

Best stats in game? Wow. Just like any ascended.

Look, you worked hard for 2 skins and now they’re free? Learn, and don’t invest time as you did again. You will never get compensation for your work, just like fractalers got 0 for theirs. Myself; I don’t have dual-legendaries, but I had my work reset too.

It’s a trait of this company.

Let’s hope tomorrow they will decide legendaries shouldn’t be tradable and so players don’t really need more than 800g per account – so let’s reset all gold over that :-DD

Right then all the hypocrites above me will shed tears, and we’ll spew our “oh so sick of rantz olololololhahah!!!!!!!111”.

I am still having fun in this game, but this shows an uglier side to decision makers.

(edited by Korossive.7085)

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Isn’t there a way to make legendaries unbound with a transmutation splitter?

I would do that and then sell my spare

According to the wiki, this trick only makes legendaries account bound.

Just request that ANet make all legendaries on accounts unbound post patch. That way if you want to keep them you can, if you want to sell them you can.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: dreamhaunt.4538

dreamhaunt.4538

Not all people are completionists. Most just like a few sets and keep switching between them (like me). Anet has decided to target these players as they probably are the majority – more profit.

But completionists, and players with alts, are what’s funding the gem store. If you only like one or two sets, then those gemstore sets that are being created and sold are not being bought by you. They’re bought by completionists though, and people with alts (because the more alts you have, the more likely it is that you’re gonna like any given gemstore set on at least one alt). Not to mention the character slots we buy …

I got 9 alts, and have bought pretty much every gemstore armor. But there’s some butt ugly armor out there I refuse to touch. Somehow I don’t buy this argument that Anet will make more cash if it’s a pay to unlock system. Hell no. Anet’s gonna cash in on transmutation big time. Atleast they bring us a slightly better system.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

A legendary is mostly for the skin, and I dare say 80% of that gold and time sink, if not even more, is for the skin. The stats are just a bonus for the majority of the players.

People were still just as crazy about legendary when it didn’t have the stat swap nor much of a stat increase from exotic. Nor did they have the infusions slots. So in the end, the wardrobe is undermining 80% of that effort people put into a duplicate legendary.

Getting no sort of refund is understandable when it comes to gem store purchase and other duplicate skins, but legendary is a huge deal if you got two. In my opinion, the best way to fix this is to just un-soulbind the duplicate legendary for every person so they can choose whether they wanna keep it for the stats or sell it to get atleast something in return and let someone else enjoy it.

THIS^^^^

No one says “ERMAHGERD! YOU HAVE TWO INCINERATORS! YOU MUST BE SO STOKED HAVING BiS STATS FOREVER! AND ISN’T IT AWESOME YOU CAN CHANGE THERE STATS CONSTANTLY ON THE FLY?!”

They say- "ERMAHGERD! YOU HAVE TWO INCINERATORS! THAT LOOKS SOOOOO EPIC LIKE YOU ARE WIELDING DUAL BLOWTORCHES!

Legendaries are, for 95% of their owners, for the skin or effect ie. Juggernaut… end of story. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional…

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

A legendary is mostly for the skin, and I dare say 80% of that gold and time sink, if not even more, is for the skin. The stats are just a bonus for the majority of the players.

People were still just as crazy about legendary when it didn’t have the stat swap nor much of a stat increase from exotic. Nor did they have the infusions slots. So in the end, the wardrobe is undermining 80% of that effort people put into a duplicate legendary.

Getting no sort of refund is understandable when it comes to gem store purchase and other duplicate skins, but legendary is a huge deal if you got two. In my opinion, the best way to fix this is to just un-soulbind the duplicate legendary for every person so they can choose whether they wanna keep it for the stats or sell it to get atleast something in return and let someone else enjoy it.

THIS^^^^

No one says “ERMAHGERD! YOU HAVE TWO INCINERATORS! YOU MUST BE SO STOKED HAVING BiS STATS FOREVER! AND ISN’T IT AWESOME YOU CAN CHANGE THERE STATS CONSTANTLY ON THE FLY?!”

They say- "ERMAHGERD! YOU HAVE TWO INCINERATORS! THAT LOOKS SOOOOO EPIC LIKE YOU ARE WIELDING DUAL BLOWTORCHES!

Legendaries are, for 95% of their owners, for the skin or effect ie. Juggernaut… end of story. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional…

In reality, they say: ERMAGERD HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY FOR THOSE

Legendaries are not impressive anymore to most people. Example: warrior with 600 AP wielding eternity he bought with his girlfriends credit card I pugged with once. Such impress. Many wow.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

I love this system but I guess if too many people are concerned about the “lost of rarity” then easy solution would be to not allowing legendaries to be added into the wardrobe. On a side note, if it’s called “the wardrobe” then why have weapons in it at all? I wouldn’t mind if it’s just for armors and backpieces.

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

Alright serious question:
Will PvP armor skins be unlocked in the same manner for the wardrobe? I.e, the cultural armor sets?
I saved 120k glory to wait for just this reason, and I’ve asked repteatedly to no avail; but if I buy a couple t3 sets with glory and half the normal amount of gold, will they count toward the fashion achievements when the wardrobe goes live?

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: TXinTXe.7563

TXinTXe.7563

I have a question that I belive is important, but I’m not sure if this is the right place. Anyway, here it goes:
What will happen with our spvp look? Will we lost it when the patch hits? Or we will be able to change or at least select wich look we prefer (between pve and pvp)?
Thank you

Posted by: Ankushp.7245

Ankushp.7245

The big new patch is going to hit us in a couple of weeks. Making Legendary Weapons and Ascended Gear Account Bound seems to be a good Idea. Those grumbling about having made multiple legendary weapons should have known that this was going to happen sooner or later..

However, does the Wardrobe system seem to be a bit excessive ?

Wouldn’t it be more prudent to just stop at making gear account bound ?

The Wardrobe system seems to be diluting the value of the skins in the game. A large section of the population in game may end up looking similar wearing the same type of gear skin and using the same weapon skins.

I hope that the cost via “Transmutation Charges” will be enough to control excessive use of same skins on every character in a single account.

The Wardrobe system does seem to be against the interests of those players who have actually been spending $$ on the game…..However rather than completely doing away with it, maybe It just needs to be tweaked in a way to minimise impact on these players.

For Example :
1. Maintain level restrictions of skins (That means u can use Legendary wep skins on other level 80 weps only)

2. Keep Gem Store Skins out of this system ? (Lol though I guess its these skins that will be most popular in the wardrobe….)

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

The big new patch is going to hit us in a couple of weeks. Making Legendary Weapons and Ascended Gear Account Bound seems to be a good Idea. Those grumbling about having made multiple legendary weapons should have known that this was going to happen sooner or later..

However, does the Wardrobe system seem to be a bit excessive ?

Wouldn’t it be more prudent to just stop at making gear account bound ?

The Wardrobe system seems to be diluting the value of the skins in the game. A large section of the population in game may end up looking similar wearing the same type of gear skin and using the same weapon skins.

I hope that the cost via “Transmutation Charges” will be enough to control excessive use of same skins on every character in a single account.

The Wardrobe system does seem to be against the interests of those players who have actually been spending $$ on the game…..However rather than completely doing away with it, maybe It just needs to be tweaked in a way to minimise impact on these players.

For Example :
1. Maintain level restrictions of skins (That means u can use Legendary wep skins on other level 80 weps only)

2. Keep Gem Store Skins out of this system ? (Lol though I guess its these skins that will be most popular in the wardrobe….)

I would think people having access to more armor would mean a more diverse looking community, not less. People have different taste and will undoubtedly go for whatever look fits them the best not just what armor has the best stats. Although with the pay-to-use instead of pay-to-unlock in place you may be right. With a regressive pay model in place people very well may just stick with whatever armor is the most cost effective and that very well may look identical to one another. Sorry.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

In the PvP forum it says everything in equip and bank will be unequipped;

1) Does that apply to PvE gear?
2) What will happen if you run out of invent space if the above happens?
3) If it unequips, I presume the skin will stay on the item?
4) When an item goes to the wardrobe, what is the default dye scheme? Is it last colour scheme used as it currently is, or will it it revert to original?

Apologies if these have been answered – its a long thread and stuff is hard to find!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Alright serious question:
Will PvP armor skins be unlocked in the same manner for the wardrobe? I.e, the cultural armor sets?
I saved 120k glory to wait for just this reason, and I’ve asked repteatedly to no avail; but if I buy a couple t3 sets with glory and half the normal amount of gold, will they count toward the fashion achievements when the wardrobe goes live?

Yes, they will be unlocked. On the other hand i wouldn’t count of that unlocking achievements – those are unlocked by buying physical armor.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Freddie Mercury.8609

Freddie Mercury.8609

I have been wanting the PVP masquerade armor set skin in PVE since forever and now with the future patch coming i might be getting my wish. However, to craft it you need to be at least rank 30 in PVP currently and I’m nowhere near that. So my questions are: After the patch, will i still be required to be level 30 to acquire the armor? will there be a way to craft/acquire this skin in PVE?

Attachments:

Posted by: LaDiDiKong.5478

LaDiDiKong.5478

I have been wanting the PVP masquerade armor set skin in PVE since forever and now with the future patch coming i might be getting my wish. However, to craft it you need to be at least rank 30 in PVP currently and I’m nowhere near that. So my questions are: After the patch, will i still be required to be level 30 to acquire the armor? will there be a way to craft/acquire this skin in PVE?

i would like to know this too, awesome armor set

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They’ve specifically said that acquisition of some skins will be a PvP-only process. You’re looking at one of them that will almost certainly fall in that category.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

They’ve specifically said that acquisition of some skins will be a PvP-only process. You’re looking at one of them that will almost certainly fall in that category.

Looks like only people who pvp gets rewarded. First you get free charges acording to your rank and now unique skins aswell if this is gonna be true. This seems a bit unfair to people who don’t like to pvp.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Awesome change, I kinda thought it would be like the pvp locker so you could only use a skin once. This is much better!

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Looks like only people who pvp gets rewarded. First you get free charges acording to your rank and now unique skins aswell if this is gonna be true. This seems a bit unfair to people who don’t like to pvp.

You mean just like how PvE:ers get free charges for completing maps?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Badger.8015

Badger.8015

I have a question that has probably been answered, but I have yet to find an answer :P

Scenario: I am an RPer, so during an ‘RP session’ I may change outfits multiple times. Starting with 1 outfit, going to a 2nd, then maybe going back to the first outfit.

So, in this scenario, am I paying charges twice (for the 2 separate outfits) or three times (for each change)?

If its charge-per-change, I will be extremely angry lol

edit: All my armour currently has the same stats.. So they are currently all interchangeable in the current system.

(edited by Badger.8015)

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

posted this on another thread, but no good answers:

So as to not open a new thread:
i still have my fused gauntlet ticket.
IF i use it on say, a heavy weapon, i assume it wont unlock the glove skins for all 3 types of armor? (heavy, medium and light)

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I have a question that has probably been answered, but I have yet to find an answer :P

Scenario: I am an RPer, so during an ‘RP session’ I may change outfits multiple times. Starting with 1 outfit, going to a 2nd, then maybe going back to the first outfit.

So, in this scenario, am I paying charges twice (for the 2 separate outfits) or three times (for each change)?

You are going to use Transmutation Crystals/Charges every single time you change the visuals of a piece of gear.

And some of the Town Clothes are turning into regular armor skins. So if you wanna change your look to certain Town Clothes, you have to use Transmutation Crystals/Charges every single time. It’s cool you can make normal armor with certain Town Clothes, but the pay-per-use is totally idiotic.

I think the argument that they will make more money from pay-per-use rather than pay-per-unlock is totally arbitrary. It’s just a knee-jerk defend-anything-Anet reaction. I haven’t seen anything to really back that up. I’ve certainly seen nearly all of my friends not buy crystals because they think paying to swap a skin is ridiculous.
I certainly haven’t used anywhere near 2000+ Crystals over the life of this game, and I love to swap my look. I just resigned myself to know that this game is brutal when it comes to assigning visuals, so I almost never pay for it. If it were unlock, I’d try to collect ones I wasn’t even using.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

edit: All my armour currently has the same stats.. So they are currently all interchangeable in the current system.

So, I presume you now have multiple armours in your bags, who all have different looks? Nothing will change. Your armours will still be in your bags, all with their own looks.

The difference will be when you buy a new armour set and want to transmute it to a different look. Instead of buying a second armour set with the looks and then use a tranmsutation stone/crystal to exchange the looks, you’ll go to the wardrobe and add the look there. In short, you’ll save money/karma because you don’t need to buy a second set just for the looks.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

we dont really know if this will continue to be the case. Time will tell

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So, I presume you now have multiple armours in your bags, who all have different looks? Nothing will change. Your armours will still be in your bags, all with their own looks.

The difference will be when you buy a new armour set and want to transmute it to a different look. Instead of buying a second armour set with the looks and then use a tranmsutation stone/crystal to exchange the looks, you’ll go to the wardrobe and add the look there. In short, you’ll save money/karma because you don’t need to buy a second set just for the looks.

you still have to buy the armor for the looks to unlock it. Its only after you have gotten the item at least once that you can use the wardrobe to transmute to it.

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

While I do like the idea of being able to give everyone Infinite Lights without collecting thousands of charged lodestones, there are a few things with this that bugs me.

The cost of transmuting below 80 armour will now triple in price. As someone who has a lot of alts and prefers to have them look nice while leveling, this is a huge, huge drawback. I am not going to be able to afford putting them in the gear I like them to wear, making leveling even more of a chore than it already is.

Skins that we could previously use without additional fees, like the headpieces of town clothes that are now getting turned into armour skins (against many people’s will, but that is for another thread), can now only be used by paying a charge to put them on a piece of armour. I am not happy about having to pay to use something that I used to be able to use whenever I wanted without cost.

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have gotten transmutations stones as late as yesterday for doing map-completion.
Those stones can be transformed into Charges.
And thus I get loads of free Charges.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Town clothes complaints have their own huge thread (and are well founded). For the “Wardrobe,” the way to lessen rage is to take note that what it does is not act as a Wardrobe, but as a streamlined transmutation system with the ability to only buy a skin once for all your alts. In that it is definitely an improvement … once one gets past the giant disappointment of realizing it is not an inventory clearing tool. It should have been called a “Skin Locker,” as that is what it is, even though that’s a clumsier and uglier phrase.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I have gotten transmutations stones as late as yesterday for doing map-completion.

Of course you have. Nothing has changed yet, that will happen after the 15th. And people (including me) are wondering if you still get transmutation stones (or its equivalent) from map completion after the 15th.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

If there is a fee of say 3000 gold for legendaries then it is fine, if it is not then how would I know that what I get now won’t be effected in the future in a negative way? I really think making changes is good but this is a little one step unfair. I think an unbundling system should exist so things like this won’t punch people in the face as they can unbound for some fee and sell off

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I see many people complaining about town clothes or the loss of their display of wealth with legendaries but even the other parts of this change seem detrimental:

Old system:
2 sets of armor, separate unlocks
PVE 1-79 – practically free transmutation if you do open world stuff
PVE 80 – 1 crystal per piece
PVP – free

New system:
1 set of armor, combined unlocks
PVE&PVP – 1 charge(1 crystal) per piece

Besides the unlock system and ease of use, the new system falls short of what most of us wanted – that definitely not being having to pay whenever you want to change pants.

A system with several appearance slots that you have to pay to reset or simply paying once to unlock an item would be better but as always with these things ANET made their choice once again completely ignoring the playerbase and that s how it is going to be.
Thanks Oba… Arenanet.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

(edited by SonicTHI.3217)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Sorry, I can’t bother reading 20 pages.

Is the skin linked to the character or to the armor? Example: I have a char with asuran cultural armor and a normal norn armor. Both are heavies. If I put my asuran cultural armor on an ascended armor, what will happen when I use that armor onto my norn?
- my norn will not be able to put it on?
- my norn will have the asuran cultural t3 armor?
- my norn will keep his current skin?
- my norn will have the default ascended armor?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If there is a fee of say 3000 gold for legendaries then it is fine, if it is not then how would I know that what I get now won’t be effected in the future in a negative way?

You won’t. There were many changes in this game that affected someone in a negative way, and there will likely be many more in the future. The truth is, you cannot make a change without stepping on someone’s toes.
Besides, what you have is not affected negatively by this change – what is affected that way is only your feelings (it doesn’t take away anything from you – it gives something to others. Which you don’t like).

Is the skin linked to the character or to the armor? Example: I have a char with asuran cultural armor and a normal norn armor. Both are heavies. If I put my asuran cultural armor on an ascended armor, what will happen when I use that armor onto my norn?

The skin is applied to the armor (it is basically an already existing transmutation mechanic, with a new UI and added convenience of a skin locker). Therefore the answer to your question is most likely number 1 – your norn will not be able to put it on.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Gyrfalcon.1054

Gyrfalcon.1054

In regards to Living Story rewards…

Gas Mask skin for example was a meta achievment skin, meaning there is proof that skin was earned on my account. Do to a mistake on my part, my one and only skin was deleted, am I SOL of ever again owning this skin or will the wardrobe read that I had had it previously or read that I achieved it through the living story?

I feel that the majority of the living story skins should of been handled like the zenith weapon skins from day one, but sadly that isnt the case and I am missing quite a few of them now.

The gas mask skins just happened to be one of my absolute favorites though.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

So has there been any information on whether charges will be obtainable by any other means than gem store?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

i would like to know this too, awesome armor set

I’m curious about this as well, as I’ve been asking all over the place. I’m super excited about the fact that I’ll be able to get this armor set for PvE and am eager to find out more about its acquisition.

Posted by: Mehlox.1756

Mehlox.1756

Will the Wardrobe System enable us to wear Cultural Armor from race on different races?

For example:
When I’ve unlocked Norn T3 Armor on my Norn Warrior, will I be able to use this Skin on my Human Guardian as well?

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Of course you have. Nothing has changed yet, that will happen after the 15th. And people (including me) are wondering if you still get transmutation stones (or its equivalent) from map completion after the 15th.

From what I’m getting..

Every time you change the look of an item, it costs 1 charge to do it.

The regular transmutation stones are converted at a rate of 3 stones = 1 charge.

So if they leave the stones in, and just use them as currency to buy charges then that means while completing a map used to allow you to transmute 3 items of level 79 or lower, you can now transmute only 1 item, but of any level.

Again, this is my assumption.. they haven’t said for sure.. but if this is the system, I have very mixed emotions. While I like the fact that level 79 and level 80 gear no loner use different transmutation, it’s going to make the system hard to use if completing a map only lets you change the look of 1 single item 1 time only.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: VikToRiuS.5426

VikToRiuS.5426

I’d like to propose two possible upgrades to the wardrobe system that I think everyone would appreciate:

a) Make all the consumable skin items in the game (like the molten jet-pack or fractal weapon skins) convertible into free charges for that skin in the wardrobe. Just as you can convert skins into PvP items currently, you’d be able to convert them to one free use from the wardrobe for later (freeing up some inventory space in the process). Think of it the way limited use finishers work now.

b) Add the account reward skins (like the Zenith weapon skins and all the Hall of Monuments skins) to the wardrobe as unlimited use skins, and save us the hassle of having to get new consumable skins every time we want to use one. Again think of it the way unlimited use finishers work now.

These two additions to the system could be also useful later as a means to reward players for their additional invested time into a certain part of the game. For example lets say a Living story achievement chest gives a new back item skin that we can add to our wardrobe for one free use. That achievement could then open a longer but repeatable version of it, which upon completion rewards more uses of that skin, or perhaps even an unlimited uses version. Also dungeon vendors for example could sell an unlimited uses wardrobe unlock for the skins they offer for a much higher cost of tokens, like 5k for a full armor set or something.

I’m sure such a system could have the potential to add more value to many aspects of the game, but these are the things I could come up with on the fly right now.

+1 if you’d like something like this in the game. And also if someone has ideas to improve upon this or the wardrobe system in general, I’m sure everyone here would be interested in them as well.

Posted by: Thingol the Sindar.9361

Thingol the Sindar.9361

Sorry to bother, but I’ve got one simple and basic question: if I’m currently wearing some items in php will I be able to bring that skin also in pve with the new wardrobe simply transmuting the skin to my pve equipment? Thank you

Marshal of the Stormcrows Company [Crow]
on twitter: @GW2_crow
on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/stormcrows_company

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

The skin is applied to the armor (it is basically an already existing transmutation mechanic, with a new UI and added convenience of a skin locker). Therefore the answer to your question is most likely number 1 – your norn will not be able to put it on.

Thanks for the answer!

It’s however quite embarrassing to not have thought about this use case.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Sorry to bother, but I’ve got one simple and basic question: if I’m currently wearing some items in php will I be able to bring that skin also in pve with the new wardrobe simply transmuting the skin to my pve equipment? Thank you

yes. Any gear you have in PVP (and in your locker) will become available inside the Wardrobe to use in PVE

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

So far the wiki page list 3 ways of acquisition for the charges:
1. Gemstore
2. Black Lion Chest
3. Daily Reward Chest

I’m just wondering,
Will map completion reward charges?

@ Darth…great point. We basically are now being charged triple the cost to reskin items 1-79. Say I have 300stones in my bank, I can change 1 item 300 times or 300 items 1 time. After this goes live, I will have 100charges. hmmm, mixed emotions indeed.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Osculim.2983

Sorry could not reply for 2 days due to downed internet. I think you misunderstood me there tho, Im not refering to map completion im refering to what is said in the blog post. When the 15th hit all pvpr’s gets free charges according to their pvp rank while non pvprs gets absolutly nothing. That seems hardly fair to me.

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

THIS^^^^

The most insane thing is people thinking legendary weapons are prestigious. THERE IS NOTHING PRESTIGIOUS ABOUT FARMING THE GOLD NEEDED TO MAKE IT. A legendary is essentially a time sink and a gold sink for a skin that ANYONE can get if they put in the time.

As for the dual incinerator moaners? Give up, I have my pair and I dont even care much, the greater idea is that all my alts can now use the skins I wasted a ton of my time on.

Minion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Sorry could not reply for 2 days due to downed internet. I think you misunderstood me there tho, Im not refering to map completion im refering to what is said in the blog post. When the 15th hit all pvpr’s gets free charges according to their pvp rank while non pvprs gets absolutly nothing. That seems hardly fair to me.

And anyone who hasn’t done map completion won’t get any charges either. Those who used to PVP exclusively, or mostly spent their time in PVP won’t get any charges from map completion (because they didn’t do any). Those charges are hardly “free” compared to exploring a few zones.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Considering for 1.5yrs spvpers had to pay nothing to swap armor skins, sounds fair to reward work put in.

I think Lordkrall didn’t misunderstand you at all. PVE’rs got them through map completion for 1.5yrs…a side reward for work put in and now Spvp’rs will get some equal treatment.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

How is it known that a transmutation charge will be required to transmute a below level 80 equip?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Osculim.2983

And anyone who hasn’t done map completion won’t get any charges either. Those who used to PVP exclusively, or mostly spent their time in PVP won’t get any charges from map completion (because they didn’t do any). Those charges are hardly “free” compared to exploring a few zones.

Nope its still unfair if you think about it a pve player gets 3 stones per zone if he is lucky = 1 charge a pvpr gets a charge for free no chance to get one they just get one. Don’t get me wrong tho i think everyone should be treated the same. Here is what i would have done. I would go according to Achivement points that way everyone benifits that put effort into the game not just one faction.