Feedback/Questions: Transmutations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Ok, it is amazing the way it is but if they actually add the crystals in the world as some kind of stuff to explore and find, going through some missions etc. would be insane!!

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal

I’m assuming they will be acquired through the same methods.

With out spending gems the only way is daily reward which you have a 0.26% chance… Sorry that doesn’t cut it. Only other way looks like map completion and you get 3 of the stones which will convert to 1 charge. Still should be other ways.

What about people that only pvp or wvw. This doesn’t help them out at all.

I have little sympathy because people who only play 1/4 of the game to begin with, shouldn’t be up-in-arms over cosmetics. If anything, this gives them incentives to step foot in some other regions once in a while. They got by up until now with the acquisition methods of stones and crystals….they can continue to get by.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I’m fairly sure it will be gem store only. I bet having people customize their appearance is one of the few regular money makers they have.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

The Revenant.4970

I’m fairly sure it will be gem store only. I bet having people customize their appearance is one of the few regular money makers they have.

I 100% doubt it will be gem store ‘only’.

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

How is it fair to have 3 stones turn into 1 charge, though? I don’t understand.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

It very well might be. The current system for transmutation crystal is 100% gem store (unless you include BLTC key farming). I personally don’t see a problem with this. I don’t understand why people think that the employees who do this don’t deserve to get paid. If the gemstore stops turning a profit they shut down Guild Wars 2. NCsoft/ArenaNet is a business plain and simple. You can’t have anything in this world at no cost. Someone has to be using the gemstore in order to keep this game alive, if you choose not to that is your choice (this game is nice enough to let you choose not to pay to play), but don’t get upset that they don’t offer things to you for free that others are willing to pay for.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Arisal.9740

Arisal.9740

With out spending gems the only way is daily reward which you have a 0.26% chance… Sorry that doesn’t cut it. Only other way looks like map completion and you get 3 of the stones which will convert to 1 charge. Still should be other ways.

I have little sympathy because people who only play 1/4 of the game to begin with, shouldn’t be up-in-arms over cosmetics. If anything, this gives them incentives to step foot in some other regions once in a while. They got by up until now with the acquisition methods of stones and crystals….they can continue to get by.

I don’t know about you but I consider spvp 1/3 wvw 1/3 and pve 1/3 of the game so excluding 2/3 of the people from the game you have no sympathy for?

Also since to me it sounds like you don’t pvp did you know that they have had a pvp skin locker which is very similar to the one were are getting that is going to unify them? The pvp skin locker it was free to check in/out skins so we never had to rely on these so called transmutation stones/crystals and now charges.

Are you that ignorant that you would blatantly say screw you pvp crowd? Wow man please understand where some of us come from. I have 1000+ hours in the game and play all the 3 parts but some people like my brother only do say 2 of the 3 so you would kick him to curb???

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I don’t know about you but I consider spvp 1/3 wvw 1/3 and pve 1/3 of the game so excluding 2/3 of the people from the game you have no sympathy for?

Also since to me it sounds like you don’t pvp did you know that they have had a pvp skin locker which is very similar to the one were are getting that is going to unify them? The pvp skin locker it was free to check in/out skins so we never had to rely on these so called transmutation stones/crystals and now charges.

Are you that ignorant that you would blatantly say screw you pvp crowd? Wow man please understand where some of us come from. I have 1000+ hours in the game and play all the 3 parts but some people like my brother only do say 2 of the 3 so you would kick him to curb???

You are obviously misunderstanding the whole system….. Ugh. I play pvp too, and quite a bit. In the old system it was storage of items. 1 item could be stored that you can “check out”. This system doesn’t turn all items into skins that you have to pay for. If you have the item you still have the item in the same way you do now. You have just been given the ability to “duplicate” the look of that item onto something else. You have lost nothing in this new system. They aren’t destroying your current items, or only dropping skins in the future.

Please read and understand the blog post before you freak out.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

The Revenant.4970

It very well might be. The current system for transmutation crystal is 100% gem store (unless you include BLTC key farming). I personally don’t see a problem with this. I don’t understand why people think that the employees who do this don’t deserve to get paid. If the gemstore stops turning a profit they shut down Guild Wars 2. NCsoft/ArenaNet is a business plain and simple. You can’t have anything in this world at no cost. Someone has to be using the gemstore in order to keep this game alive, if you choose not to that is your choice (this game is nice enough to let you choose not to pay to play), but don’t get upset that they don’t offer things to you for free that others are willing to pay for.

You get them passively through dailies. I don’t see why they have any reason to change that.

It is only in their best interest to give you things like that free on an occasional basis as it reminds you they are there to purchase at any time. It’s why they periodically give you free boosts and temporary vendors, etc.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Maybe not. My opinion is in no way authoritative.

I’ve been running with just level 80 characters for so long I kind of forgot about the 0-79 stones being so plentiful (thankfully I have a fair number in my bank) for charges.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Like I said … charges to unlock, cool. But charges for each use? NOT COOL. That will savagely reduce my ability to swap looks. Could really use clarification.

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

I think you will now be able to wear any unlocked skin in PvP and that aquiring pvp skins will also unlock them for transmutation.

Humans arenĀ“t real

Arisal.9740

You are obviously misunderstanding the whole system….. Ugh. I play pvp too, and quite a bit. In the old system it was storage of items. 1 item could be stored that you can “check out”. This system doesn’t turn all items into skins that you have to pay for. If you have the item you still have the item in the same way you do now. You have just been given the ability to “duplicate” the look of that item onto something else. You have lost nothing in this new system. They aren’t destroying your current items, or only dropping skins in the future.

Dude please stay on topic. This post is about how to acquire transmutation charges. I know perfectly well what the blog post talked about and how both new wardrobe and pvp lockers work. Maybe you should have been the one to read my post in the first place before you go off on some tangent.

nGumball.1283

Because the charges are even useable on level 80 items. It is the same price as before basically, you can mainly choose here to waste your charges on low gear or wait for level 80 which most people will do.

The Revenant.4970

Dude please stay on topic. This post is about how to acquire transmutation charges. I know perfectly well what the blog post talked about and how both new wardrobe and pvp lockers work. Maybe you should have been the one to read my post in the first place before you go off on some tangent.

No no, you were in the wrong Arisal. Get over it and move on. There is no ‘winning’ over the internet.
Even if the PvP locker merges with the PvE, which they made no actual mention of, then so be it. PvP only people shouldn’t be able to switch their looks on a whim if the other’s can’t.

Don’t forget that you get transmutation stones/crystals from PvP dailies just the same as other dailies.

(edited by The Revenant.4970)

Arisal.9740

No no, you were in the wrong Arisal. Get over it and move on. There is no ‘winning’ over the internet.
Even if the PvP locker merges with the PvE, which they made no actual mention of, then so be it. PvP only people shouldn’t be able to switch their looks on a whim if the other’s can’t.

How was I in the wrong? Thanks for ganging up on a guy who posts a question about what the OP asked “how do we acquire more charges”. No wonder these forums are terrible because people like you guys like to bully.

You 2 didn’t even read my post. It was about how pvp has no way to acquire them when pve does. Thanks for being real awesome. :|

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Alright.

1. I understand what you’re saying and he is overreacting a bit much and getting way too defensive.

But

2. It would change something in the PvP if skins weren’t still account bound in the PvP locker allowing you to deposit a skin and put it on someone else if you already have it and would be aggravating if that were done since for the past 1.5 years its been that way. Now if it were only charging to duplicate the the skin that’s understandable and would be true to what you’re saying that its not taking anything away and is only a really nice addition.

Posted by: Artasqweroldy.7458

Artasqweroldy.7458

They actually mentioned that somwhere, basically they said it would be great to have the possibillity to carry over your earned PvP skins to PvE and vice versa… sorry for not deleting the irrelevant rest of the post, but im on my my mobile phone…

Besides that it would be strange to NOT merge those two extremely similar systems with each other

Humans arenĀ“t real

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Hello,

My question is that, if we have an item which we since have transmuted several times, will we only get the two most recent skins unlocked with the new update?
My other question is that, even if we had transmuted an item with multiple other skins, will we still get the original skin if it was bought from the gem store?
I would quite like to retrieve Rox’s Quiver Set which I bought from the gem store. I transmuted various other back items on top of it over the course of the game. Would I get this skin unlocked because I purchased it?

Thanks

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

The Revenant.4970

How was I in the wrong? Thanks for ganging up on a guy who posts a question about what the OP asked “how do we acquire more charges”. No wonder these forums are terrible because people like you guys like to bully.

You 2 didn’t even read my post. It was about how pvp has no way to acquire them when pve does. Thanks for being real awesome. :|

I told you, numerous times, that PvP only players can get the stones/crystals through the PvP dailies.

Arisal.9740

I told you, numerous times, that PvP only players can get the stones/crystals through the PvP dailies.

Not currently. So you think we will get them in the future. If so then that would be awesome.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_PvP

The Revenant.4970

Not currently. So you think we will get them in the future. If so then that would be awesome.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily_PvP

Yes currently, although indirectly. PvP dailies have a chance for BLC keys which, in turn, can give stones/crystals.

Now would it be smart for them to add in the direct reward of stones/crystals if they will, in fact, require PvPers to use them? Yes and I think they would.

The Revenant.4970

I also don’t think that PvPers should have an ‘equal’ chance at the stones/crystals because the PvP dailies take less time and are easier to get than regular dailies, so it wouldn’t surprise me if you’d have a chance to get them when you level in PvP.

Posted by: Ravenfield.9863

Ravenfield.9863

I don’t really understand the problem here. As far as I understand the whole change, the system basically remains the same.
Before, you used a crystal or stone to switch from one to the other, in that process one of two items were consumed.
Now, you use a charge to switch from one skin to another instead of a crystal/stone, without actually consuming an item, so even if there is a change in the results, the skin-part of the process is the old one.
The only thing we can’t say for sure yet is, whether we can use our current skins for free once and then have to use charges for further transmutations or if the skin gets consumed without applying a skin in order to join our Wardrobe so we need to spend a charge even if we legitimately own that particular skin already.
Nevertheless I can fully understand the doubts about the conversion rate. Before you had the “precious” lvl 80 transmutation and the “cheap” until-79-transmutation, now this becomes the same, so – just a guess – all in all people pre-80 now have to pay more for skin changes, people at 80 have to pay less (assuming that the charges’ price will be the average between Crystals and Stones)
Edit: The Town Clothing part seems to differ from this process since, as I understand it, there will be additional slots for town clothing which we basically wear above our armor then, without the need to reskin anything.

(edited by Ravenfield.9863)

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Will Level 1-79 player Transmutation work the same way as level 80 transmutation?

If so, I thoroughly disagree that it should. I think that it should cost karma instead.

I definitely would not waste a Transmutation charge on a character that will change its appearance very soon. I wasted T-Stones before the new patch because I have so many of them.

It is a great way to encourage players to take their time instead of rushing through content.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

From the sound of it, yes it will be teh same. And yes these changes are kind of harmful to all non-80 characters because the cost has gone up significantly (read: tripled).

nGumball.1283

Yea, I would actually like to give the answer after the whole patch is given out cause they surely have something in mind with this patch, I don’t think, they just randomly choose stuff and updated them.

1. Traits take longer before you discover but are introduced as content instead of purly bought.
2. Builds around dps are getting nerfed while hp/support/condition is getting buffed [ this won’t have any change unless they adjust the game mechanics to make the game more variating ].
3. Skins and dyes can be collected now, not only to feel the accomplishment that all your chars have them but also give you a reason to go around, explore and try to find random skins, even at lower levels.

Only the following can be huge for the game progression, slowing down the process a little, adding depth, instead of making it all ‘’rush rush rush’’.

5 updates announced, 7 yet to come. There is alot of potentional for huge additions to the game. Now we just need Cantha!

Colin ^

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

Because the charges are even useable on level 80 items. It is the same price as before basically, you can mainly choose here to waste your charges on low gear or wait for level 80 which most people will do.

Then I shall ask again. How is that fair?
Crystals are way harder to obtain than stones. Can you imagine the outcry when they would simply state: “Listen, guys, we’re gonna go ahead and remove the Transmutation Stones completely. You’ll now only have access to the Crystals, which you can buy from the gem store!”

That is exactly what is happening now. Now, I will admit that we don’t know yet how we get these charges. Maybe we’ll get one charge upon map completion instead of three stones. Then that is a serious nerf, and is just a “subtle” push for people to buy more charges on the gem store.

Posted by: Mochi.7083

Mochi.7083

Can someone please just explain how any of this makes more sense than simply implementing the wardrobe system for town clothes as well as armor? Or how losing two-thirds of the item transmutations that I paid money for makes sense? Or how no one took a second to think that maybe these massive, sweeping changes you have literally sprung on us out of nowhere just might make a lot of people really, really angry? No? Awesome, lovely community driven thing you have going here. Obviously “community driven” means you ignore the community entirely. I am so angry right now I literally think I have go punch something to keep from breaking down trying to understand how any of this is a good idea at all.

Posted by: Regenesis.1798

Regenesis.1798

It’s nice and all that you make skins collectible, but I simply cannot agree with something, and that’s the 3:1 ratio of conversion.

My girlfriend and I explore outfit possibilities most of the time on our new toons, which results in alot of stones being used, but now you want me to waste the stones three times as fast?

Are we supposed to look ugly as butts until we’re at the endgame just because you decided to remove customization for lower level players? Because that’s what’s happening here from our perspective.

I’m not going to pay 3g 80s for each item I transmute with the new system, on a sub-80 character, because that’s what one charge is worth atm converted to gold (40 gems). heck, it’s most likely going to be even more expensive from now until a few weeks after release.

I am aware that price details on the charges are not yet released, but my best bet is that it’s going to be the same as it is now, or worse.

Besides being able to collect gear as skins now, I don’t see the point in changing transmutation stones/crystals.

Please make transmutation of gear under lvl 80 cost less than 1 charge somehow, because using 3 stones to change the look of ONE item on one of my sub-80s is kittening pathetic.

This is something I’m concerned with as well, and I’m shocked that more people have not realized the implications of this. Unless I’m not understanding the potential system correctly, an under level 80 item will cost 1 charge (3 transmutation stones). It’ll require 3x as much for such items, and it’ll become under utilized since a lot of people will wait till level 80. Or you can think about it another way, would you use a Transmutation Crystal (pretty expensive in itself) on a transmutation between 2 non-level 80 items? That would be a waste.

nGumball.1283

Crystals are way harder to obtain than stones. Can you imagine the outcry when they would simply state: “Listen, guys, we’re gonna go ahead and remove the Transmutation Stones completely. You’ll now only have access to the Crystals, which you can buy from the gem store!”

That is exactly what is happening now. Now, I will admit that we don’t know yet how we get these charges. Maybe we’ll get one charge upon map completion instead of three stones. Then that is a serious nerf, and is just a “subtle” push for people to buy more charges on the gem store.

Just that there is almost none who would waste charges on low level alts. Some people used it on low level chars becase you could find so many stones, they basically become useless since most valueable gear come after 80.

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Or it’s just bleeding stones, of which there are many, many, many more in circulation than crystals, out of the economy without shooting charges through the roof.

Posted by: Mochi.7083

Mochi.7083

Just that there is almost none who would waste charges on low level alts. Some people used it on low level chars becase you could find so many stones, they basically become useless since most valueable gear come after 80.

Wrong. There are many people who buy armor skins for low level alts. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean no one does. Not everyone is a power leveller. A lot of people buy clothes for characters who are at a low level based on appearances alone. Someone who has done so who has a low level character in reskinned armor is at a gigantic disadvantage here.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Will we now get transmutation charges from completing maps rather than transmutation stones?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Sazune.8195

Sazune.8195

Woah. Totally not what I was expecting but awesome nonetheless. I wonder if we have access to skins only within our professions or across all professions with the wardrobes.

Ah well, all the same, it’s a start. Now they could easily expand the wardrobe if and when they add more skins/armors/fashion items.

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

I really like the new wandrobe and the new dye system, but i am a little bit concerned about the way we get trasmutation stones and crystals in future.
So my question is:

Will we still get some with dailys and map completion, or will they become gem shop only?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I’m hoping for dailies and map completion, but I won’t be too shocked if it’s gem store only.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

No one can answer that for sure, but I believe that we’ll be able to get t-charges from map and dailies after the updates.
Meanwhile, I’ll do some city map completions to get 3 t-stones (= 1 t-charge) guaranteed, while I can.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

@Belzebu
i know no player can get me an answer i hope that maybe a dev can clear things up for me.

@morsus
I wont be too shocked either, but i think its leaves a bit of a bitter taste on this update.
But to be fair, before that update we couldnt do anything with the stones so the give us 3 to 1 convertion for free. Still i would be sad bc i deleted a whole stack of those

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

A dev answer would be great.
I never deleted t-sones, but since I have 8 lvl 80’s I used those stones like candy on them, haha, but I still have almost a stack.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

@Belzebu
i know no player can get me an answer i hope that maybe a dev can clear things up for me.

@morsus
I wont be too shocked either, but i think its leaves a bit of a bitter taste on this update.
But to be fair, before that update we couldnt do anything with the stones so the give us 3 to 1 convertion for free. Still i would be sad bc i deleted a whole stack of those

Oh no your mistaken with one of your comments I used tons of stones for low level alts. For me and any other altoholic those were of great use

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Woah. Totally not what I was expecting but awesome nonetheless. I wonder if we have access to skins only within our professions or across all professions with the wardrobes.

Ah well, all the same, it’s a start. Now they could easily expand the wardrobe if and when they add more skins/armors/fashion items.

Well, you have access to all armour and weapons that your character can equip, so for example, your elementalist will have access to all the light armour skins that you have unlocked on any character (so that includes any your necromancer or mesmer have unlocked).

You cannot however, use a medium or heavy skin on your elementalist or a light or medium skin on your warrior.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Right now if I wanted to keep the same appearance and rune on a piece of armor but change the stats, I could acquire some armor with the new stats and use a transmutation crystal to keep my current appearance and rune and switch out the stats.

After the wardrobe, it seems like I would have to:

1. Acquire the new armor with the desired stats.
2. Use a transmutation charge (assumed same price as crystals) to give it the desired appearance.
3. If it can be salvaged (not all armors can) break it down with a BLK, or use an upgrade extractor, or acquire another copy of the rune.

Is that correct?

Also, upgrade extractors seem really expensive for what they are … 250 gems for 1? Any chance this price might be lowered as if the above is correct it just got more costly to move runes around.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Right now if I wanted to keep the same appearance and rune on a piece of armor but change the stats…

I think the easiest way to do this would be:

1. Equip the first item (with appearance and rune) so you unlock the appearance in your wardrobe.
2. Use a Black Lion Salvage Kit on the first item to remove the rune. Or use a Master’s / Mystic Salvage Kit if you’re comfortable with an 80% chance of recovering the rune. This will destroy the item, but the appearance is still in your wardrobe.
3. Use a transmutation charge to apply the appearance to the second item (the one with the stats you want).
4. Apply the rune to the second item.

The only time you need to use an upgrade extractor is if you want to keep the original item (not just it’s appearance, but the actual item) and the upgrade.

Posted by: zanzoken.7698

zanzoken.7698

With the new wardrobe system, new transmutation charges will be integrated in the game. Now I ask myself: will transmutation stones still drop?
And will they drop through all available channels like map completion, daily ect.?

I think is a very important question and I hope we can get an official answer about that.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I think transmutation stones/crystals are getting completely removed from the game. The better question is if charges will drop.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: zanzoken.7698

zanzoken.7698

An official answer would be nice. So I would know if I should farm them before the patch.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Right now if I wanted to keep the same appearance and rune on a piece of armor but change the stats…

I think the easiest way to do this would be:

1. Equip the first item (with appearance and rune) so you unlock the appearance in your wardrobe.
2. Use a Black Lion Salvage Kit on the first item to remove the rune. Or use a Master’s / Mystic Salvage Kit if you’re comfortable with an 80% chance of recovering the rune. This will destroy the item, but the appearance is still in your wardrobe.
3. Use a transmutation charge to apply the appearance to the second item (the one with the stats you want).
4. Apply the rune to the second item.

The only time you need to use an upgrade extractor is if you want to keep the original item (not just it’s appearance, but the actual item) and the upgrade.

The catch with this is that not every piece of armor can be salvaged. Temple armor can not be, for example. Which means if you wanted Melandru runes for example, salvaging off Reyna’s armor is now the only option if you want stats other than those you can get at the temple.

And what do I do when I want to upgrade to ascended? I can’t salvage the rune off, so I need to either buy a new one (currently about 5g, will likely go up now) or use an upgrade extractor for 250 gems.

What was a 40 gem cost at most is now either 40 gems + 5 gold (minimum) or 290 gems.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Wrong. There are many people who buy armor skins for low level alts. Just because you don’t doesn’t mean no one does. Not everyone is a power leveller. A lot of people buy clothes for characters who are at a low level based on appearances alone. Someone who has done so who has a low level character in reskinned armor is at a gigantic disadvantage here.

True… Yet, I still love the change. I only think they should think again about the number of charges per change. I think they should keep the current system. If the item is lvl80, multiple charges. If the item is lvl79 or lower, 1 charge. A crystal will give multiple charges, a stone will give 1. That way the stones you get from map completion will still be enough to outfit your lowlevel character while leveling.

(oh, and I transmuted a lvl80 exotic armour and weapons to a lvl15 armour and weapons and then upwards again to lvl80 exotics…)

Posted by: Angel Lovecraft.5013

Angel Lovecraft.5013

How do these changes affect Hall of Monument skins and skins like Zenith weapons that are currently zero charge to apply? Am I now going to have to spend transmutation charges to apply these?