Feedback Thread: Account Bound WXP, Ascended and Legendaries!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You can just apply another skin on them if you want to use it on another race. Its not that bad as before since you will now not loose the Skin of the cultural armor.

^This.

This patch is going to be amazing. c.c

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

+1. This move makes sense. I feel making a Legendary finally worth my effort. Thank you Anet.

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

Great changes

I’m one of those people whose game time is quite equally split on lots of alts, without really having a set “main”. So everything that makes the game more alt-friendly makes me really happy. I’m really glad that is the direction they’re going in.

This incentivises me to play more WvW, or maybe even get some Ascended stuff.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yeah, I’m aware how cultural armor works on only it’s race right now lol. I just thought, if they were ever inclined to, that this would be an interesting time to make cultural armor open to others. I’m sure they would that would have been in the post if that was the case, but you never know. Worth a shot lol.

There’s still a second blog-post today (yet to be posted) titled “Removing Restrictions”. There’s a ton of speculation on what it could be floating around the forum, but now that you’ve said that… maybe the restriction could be letting cultural armor be equipped on all races. Who knows.

Posted by: Coodles.6198

Coodles.6198

What would be neat (though I doubt it would ever be done, for achievement and loophole reasons) is that if I gave my norn tier 3 armor to my human, the skin would convert to human tier 3, and vice versa. Wild Idea, but interesting. Would save transmutation charges.

(NA) (HoD) Leader of Cherry [BOMB]! Now recruiting new/experienced players!

Doggie.3184

DOES THIS INCLUDE TRINKETS ?

YES! OR AT LEAST IT SHOULD!

:D

Nice, maybe I can make WvW infused trinkets and AR ones now and not have to waste space for them since my alt can use them till I feel like doing fractals. XD

Coodles.6198

Yeah, I’m aware how cultural armor works on only it’s race right now lol. I just thought, if they were ever inclined to, that this would be an interesting time to make cultural armor open to others. I’m sure they would that would have been in the post if that was the case, but you never know. Worth a shot lol.

There’s still a second blog-post today (yet to be posted) titled “Removing Restrictions”. There’s a ton of speculation on what it could be floating around the forum, but now that you’ve said that… maybe the restriction could be letting cultural armor be equipped on all races. Who knows.

I was speculating that it might have something to do with condition application and the current cap and how all that works. But hey, maybe we are on to something here!

Doggie.3184

What would be neat (though I doubt it would ever be done, for achievement and loophole reasons) is that if I gave my norn tier 3 armor to my human, the skin would convert to human tier 3, and vice versa. Wild Idea, but interesting. Would save transmutation charges.

Except it’d kinda destroy the Achievements tied to them.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

And after the new changes I’m going to make a brand new level one character, transmute all her weapons to ascended skins and dye her armor abyss, celestial and pyre. Just because I can.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

And after the new changes I’m going to make a brand new level one character, transmute all her weapons to ascended skins and dye her armor abyss, celestial and pyre. Just because I can.

Things I’m hoping for but I understand it might not be happening:

During character creation, access wardrobe and dyes. How amazing would that be?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So with this recent update, it seems like just about everything is going to be account bound. From dye’s to ascended equipment, legendaries and skins.

The problem I see, is that in GW2, (and this is especially true of GW1) end game revolves around acquiring skins and making your character stand out and look unique. If we make it so that skins are account bound, isn’t that like shooting the entire point of end game in the foot?

I mean if I acquire a skin from some dungeon on one character and it is permanently unlocked, why would I ever run that dungeon again on any of my alts to get that skin again?

It seems like this patch is going to hurt people’s desire to farm content/replay content, not to mention that havoc its already wreaking on the Trading Post skin market as well as dye’s.

Thoughts?

aka. “The Complainer”

Coodles.6198

Except it’d kinda destroy the Achievements tied to them.

That’s why I put that parentheses comment there mentioning how I doubt it would work because of exactly that. Just an idea.

Posted by: Azmarlio.7861

Azmarlio.7861

I am so happy about this!! Now I can equip my legendaries to an fro my toons! My Kudzu, Juggernaut and Eternity will be passed like around like hot cakes to my toons! Wooooo

Lucas Diamondshield
Philippine Heroes [Ph]

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

I think the game has been progressively making it harder and less worthwhile to bother with anything other than a main. These changes will make life so much better for players who play a lot of alts, and will make it so that people like me are more likely to put aside the main for a little while, and level up some of our level 20 birthday present collecting extra bag space alts

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

I understand that acc-bound ascendeds are somewhat helpful when you want to retire a character and start a new one, assuming the weight class/weapon type and stats are compatible.
But it doesn’t help people like me, who like to switch between characters, playing most of their characters for a little while, every single day.

Why won’t it help? Let me quote myself from the CDI:

Three problems:
a) my mesmer wears zerk with damage runes, my ele wears soldier’s with boon duration runes and my necromancer likes rabid with condition damage. How are they supposed to share an armor set?
Same with my adventurers (zerk, knight’s and cleric’s) and my heavys (knight’s and cleric’s). With my character setup, not a single set would be shareable.
b) even if the attributes and runes work for multiple characters, skins and dyes probably don’t. What happens when you transmute a cultural armor skin onto it?
c) Having to visit the bank before and after switching characters cannot by any means be called a fun game mechanic.

So while this is probably just a click of a checkbox to implement, it’s not going to help.

Which means that I cannot share a single piece. I’m still looking at a total of ~2500 gold for the damask alone, plus 850 dungeon runs for the empyreal fragments, etc etc.

Worse yet, it appears that ANet has decided on a “solution” and is now done with the topic, so I – and those like me – can now abandon all hope for something that we could actually call an “alt friendly” solution, a system that honors the promise of the GW2 manifesto:

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.

sigh I don’t want to abandon the game, but the burden of grind is no longer bearable. Mostly, even if I went through with it all, there will inevitably be a higher level cap or new item tier someday, and then I’d have to do it all over again – 8 times. That’s not healthy. That’s not fun.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m not sure if you realize that dungeon skins aren’t the only thing people farm dungeons for.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Things I’m hoping for but I understand it might not be happening:

During character creation, access wardrobe and dyes. How amazing would that be?

I would be really happy if they would at least allow to use colours you’ve obtained for the hair accessories when using a hair style or makeover kit. the few colours allowed for those are simply not enough.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

Lol I remember the old bug that you can transmute the cultural armor and be worn by other races, and that character turns butt naked.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

Posted by: ayimera.7028

ayimera.7028

And I’m assuming we don’t get any sort of compensation for trinkets we deleted (due to switching stats on a character, etc.) :/ Kicking myself now…

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I understand that acc-bound ascendeds are somewhat helpful when you want to retire a character and start a new one, assuming the weight class/weapon type and stats are compatible.
But it doesn’t help people like me, who like to switch between characters, playing most of their characters for a little while, every single day.

Three problems:
a) my mesmer wears zerk with damage runes, my ele wears soldier’s with boon duration runes and my necromancer likes rabid with condition damage. How are they supposed to share an armor set?
Same with my adventurers (zerk, knight’s and cleric’s) and my heavys (knight’s and cleric’s). With my character setup, not a single set would be shareable.
b) even if the attributes and runes work for multiple characters, skins and dyes probably don’t. What happens when you transmute a cultural armor skin onto it?
c) Having to visit the bank before and after switching characters cannot by any means be called a fun game mechanic.

So while this is probably just a click of a checkbox to implement, it’s not going to help.

Which means that I cannot share a single piece. I’m still looking at a total of ~2500 gold for the damask alone, plus 850 dungeon runs for the empyreal fragments, etc etc.

Worse yet, it appears that ANet has decided on a “solution” and is now done with the topic, so I – and those like me – can now abandon all hope for something that we could actually call an “alt friendly” solution, a system that honors the promise of the GW2 manifesto:

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that, no one finds it fun.

sigh I don’t want to abandon the game, but the burden of grind is no longer bearable. Mostly, even if I went through with it all, there will inevitably be a higher level cap or new item tier someday, and then I’d have to do it all over again – 8 times. That’s not healthy. That’s not fun.

Wait they are making a changing and you are telling them it is not right cause you are assuming they will add item tiers?

nGumball.1283

Good job Anet btw, one more great change, keep it up.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

The problem I see, is that in GW2, (and this is especially true of GW1) end game revolves around acquiring skins and making your character stand out and look unique. If we make it so that skins are account bound, isn’t that like shooting the entire point of end game in the foot?

I mean if I acquire a skin from some dungeon on one character and it is permanently unlocked, why would I ever run that dungeon again on any of my alts to get that skin again?

Well, I don’t know about you, but I prefer my characters to have different looks if I find a look that suits them.

Why would someone ever run the dungeon again?
-Perhaps you enjoy the dungeon.
-Perhaps you want the dungeon reward.
-Perhaps you don’t want to pay transmutation charges.
-Perhaps you want the skin and the stats in one go, instead of separate.

It could potentially mean less grind for tokens, making people less likely to do certain content. All this does is let people achieve their goal faster and more conveniently.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Coodles.6198

Yeah Houka, I remember seeing some Charr running around in Sylvari armor. Looked pretty goofy on them lol.

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

What happens when you swap cultural skinned ascended armor to another race? Do you have to use 6 transmute charges each time you move the armor?

Posted by: Henahax.1706

Henahax.1706

Adding the Commander functionality to the list would be a good idea in my opinion.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I’m not sure if you realize that dungeon skins aren’t the only thing people farm dungeons for.

farming them for the gold reward at the end feels so rewarding…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It seems like this patch is going to hurt people’s desire to farm content/replay content, not to mention that havoc its already wreaking on the Trading Post skin market as well as dye’s.

Thoughts?

That’s the problem I believe they intend to solve. Not everyone will visit the same content ad infinitum to gear their character and their alts.

Make people visit those places because there’s something different to do there, not because people needs to grind for materials.

This change will also, hopefully, bring down the prices of materials in the TP. Some common materials are extremely overpriced.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

So are wxp boosters also all becomeing account bound? At the moment I have different kinds of them but some are account, others soul bound.

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

This is so awesome!!! Now I can switch around the ascended earrings!

But I am wondering how this is going to work. Let’s take the Light of Dwayna for example. It is an original ascended item with a special skin. Can I move it around my characters without having to use transmutation charges for the skin?

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Don’t share your ascended then?

Let the Mesmer play with its ascended and let the Necro continue on with the specific exotic gear with just the right stats.

No harm done.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

nGumball.1283

They are making the content less grindy, this is what people have been asking for. It also give us the impression that Anet is ready now for letting people getting everything easier, it may mean, that their next big projects are done or almost done for release.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

In my opinion accountbound ascended is a step that is too small and too insignificant.

First of all:

• Armour restrictions: light/medium/heavy are restricted to certain classes
  • Weapon restrictions: certain weapons are restricted to certain classes

This makes accountbound ascended about as useless as ascended were to begin with. Your warrior can only get gear from guardian and vice versa. Your thief can only get gear from ranger and engineer and vice versa. Your elementalist can only get gear from mesmer and necro and vice versa. Unlocking one piece with only one specific stat combination costs 40g and you can’t even duplicate these items for free…

So basically: you’d need a ton of ascended gear already to make accountbound ascended useful at all. AND then you would still have to unequip gear on one character to equip it on another, for a tiny 5% stat boost. This would make alts as useless as they ever were, again.

Solution:

• Make STATS unlockable, in ALL tiers, not just in the most unattainable tiers: master, rare, exotic, ascended (+legendary).
  • Unlocked stats can be WITHDRAWN unlimited and for free: lets say you unlocked ‘exotic berserker’ as a stat for boots. You can then withdraw boots of Light AND Medium AND Heavy quality that are exotic and have berserker stats.

Please think about this the next time you propose a Feature Patch. The current changes to gear are pathetic.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Not really, OP, because different people have different end games. Some people really care abut cosmetics and some people care less. This won’t change my end game.

For example, I have a legendary trident for my necro that wouldn’t fit my mesmer at all. It’s just not her. I have the dreamer for my thief, but it wouldn’t work for my ranger.

If you’re a person who dressed each character differently, how will making stuff account bound change anything?

Posted by: lumlum.3612

lumlum.3612

Anet only talks about “ascended eqiupment” in the blog post.
Did they specify that ascended trinkets are going to be accoundbound too?
If someone can confirm that, it would make me really happy.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Three problems:

Wha? I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try to make this change sound negative. Not really sure what ‘solution’ you are proposing.

All armor types will be able to be worn by all professions and will be account bound with changeable stats & runes? sigh

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

like come on, account wide wvw xp? non soulbound 1000+ hours to get items… all this where suggestions we have given them for years thousands and thousands of time. And the worse part is how they narrate it on the patch info…

like “we want players to have their awesome legendaries among all their alt” COME ON if you really wanted it, then it would have being like that since the begining.

It doesnt take much common sense to understand some people spend 5000 hours on w v w and have 5 alts they play who are not benefited by the bonus because the system was flawed.

Instead of saying “we want” “we feel” “it will be awesome when” the real statement “we have found out our previous system was so flawed for so long that it was about time we make this fixes”

nGumball.1283

1 + 1 = 3.
This is the logic of haters.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I play only one main character. That being said it won’t harm me in the least if they make everything in the game part of some account bound pool so let em have at it.

So long as I am not deprived of the things I have already earned for my main, I see no problem with altaholics being able to have the freedom to also enjoy the fruits of their labors on their alts.

IceVyper.6810

Don’t share your ascended then?

Let the Mesmer play with its ascended and let the Necro continue on with the specific exotic gear with just the right stats.

No harm done.

This change may not be so useful for armors, but for trinkets it is amazing! Not having to do guild missions ever again

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Something tells me you don’t work in advertising.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: MikeOnGlass.5810

MikeOnGlass.5810

Are trinkets and backpieces included in the new scheme? The Anet post uses the term “gear” and talks about armor and weapons in the post, but does not specifically cite them. Traditionally, these pieces have been treated somewhat differently from armor and for that matter, weapons.

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

well i always believed that both casuals and hard core players are necessary for successful game.
if you are casual you can get exotic gear fairly easy and all content of the game is play able just fine except high level fractals (40+) after addition of ascended gear.
addition of ascended gear was good but it was costly and made casual players angry there have been several posts on forum from those players complaining that getting one set of ascended is costly yet for your alts there fore i think the solution was to tune down the cost and mats for ascended so casuals could get at least one set(to do high level fractals) and hard cores could get for 2 or 3 or even more for their alts. pretty fair enough for every one.
legendary weapons were suppose to be the ultimate item and getting them need effort and hard play or opening up your wallet if you do not have time, never the less they were suppose to be icon of prestige and pride that indicate whether you are pro player or you are a rich player again never the less it was suppose to be the icon of prestige.(( and totally optional by the way))
in that way the economy is balanced between these 2 kind of player.
anet did not understand the meaning of balance why?
because now with everything being account bound from legendary itself to their skin the game will favoring casuals and soccer punching the people who played hard or spend a lot of money getting multiple legendary and ascended for their alts.
is it gonna back fire at anet just like the ascended did when it was introduced?
YES ABSOLUTELY.

IceVyper.6810

It is not useless at all. Think of all the amulets, earrings, backpieces, rings you can share….

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

To begin with the title is a little misleading as it is very opinionated. Secondly, it is not useless, I am now able to transfer my rabid ascended trinkets across to my second engi – or in fact any character without having to infuse them. It will allow me to pass over any ascended armour I have when I want to test a build on another class – it will also mean that looks and stats can be easily transferred to another char if say I want to reroll my human engi to an asuran.

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

I would be really happy if they would at least allow to use colours you’ve obtained for the hair accessories when using a hair style or makeover kit. the few colours allowed for those are simply not enough.

Yes, this would be so so so great!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

How does a post like this promote or encourage a productive conversation about anything in the game?

There may be a salient point worthy of discussion here, but the way it is presented is antagonistic and insulting rather than thought provoking and productive.

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Soccer punch.

This just made my day

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I guess some players are not happy with anything.

What should they have done? Craft one ascended item and automatically gain the rest of them free?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

Yeah let’s just scrap the entire feature patch so a few “hardcore” players can feel like special snowflakes

/sarcasm

nGumball.1283

People cry when it is grind, cry when it is easy, cry when there is content, cry when there is not, cry when there are updates, cry when there is not.

You won’t change that and no company can.