Feedback from an American 12 year old

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dwillikers.2348

dwillikers.2348

raises hand

Where does the America part fit in? :|

I lol’d. Was wondering the same thing haha.

On topic.. actually never mind, it’s more entertaining reading everyone’s opinions about this whole thing than voice my own to be honest.

Posted by: jclink.6308

jclink.6308

Well the games rated T so your son shouldn’t be playing anyway.

Seriously though. You’re actually using your 12 year old son to gain attention on Anet’s mistakes this patch? Pathetic.

And whats the problem with that? Its the parents discretion on whether or not to allow the kid to play it. And I remember seeing posts/stories/retweets of people letting even younger children play (iirc at least one was someones 4-6 year old daughter taking control while they were on the parents lap. Wish I could remember when/where I saw it.).
And maybe he/she doesn’t want their kid subjected to kitten like what you posted (or the post below it)

I actually let my 4 year old daughter sit on my lap. We make a new Asura and Char for her about every other week. I’ve run through the NP Tutorial well over 50 times at this point-

Though I too am moving along based on the recent changes. Things had been stagnating for me for quite a while since the Trait changes and I think I’ve just lost interest/not interested in the current environment.

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I actually let my 4 year old daughter sit on my lap. We make a new Asura and Char for her about every other week. I’ve run through the NP Tutorial well over 50 times at this point-

I actually read the user agreement. FYI, Section 9c of the User Agreement:

You acknowledge that the Game is not intended for minors under age 13, and You will not allow access to the Game, or the viewing of any display thereof, by any minor under age 13.

Personally, I think it’s silly, I’m sure plenty of people don’t comply, and this is probably more of a CYA clause (so a parent can’t sue that their child was traumatized) than anything else, but I’m not sure I’d admit to violating the User Agreement on the official ANet forum.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

So 12 year olds are impatient and think things are dumb.

My teenagers thought everything was dumb. Insurance was dumb. Taxes were dumb. Eating vegetables was dumb. Chic flicks were dumb. Reading was dumb.

I’m not sure what that proves except that you’ve got plenty more years of that to go.

First time I see that Vayne nailed it.-

GW2 is now as fun as insurance, taxes, eating vegetables, etc…

Plus one to you, sir.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

My teenagers thought everything was dumb. Insurance was dumb. Taxes were dumb. Eating vegetables was dumb. Chic flicks were dumb. Reading was dumb.

I’m not sure what that proves except that you’ve got plenty more years of that to go.

As a teenager, I only think two of the things, taxes and chick flicks, are dumb. The point being made, is that if a twelve year old feels patronized by the level-gating of content, then it isn’t necessary.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Is the NPE so bad as to warrant quitting/raging? Lol No.

No? Really? How else do you propose the players send ANet a message aside from just not ever giving them a cent again? Just sitting on your hands does nothing. People are reacting the only way they can.

They’ve got your money already and they are setting the stage to get more money from a lot more players. Your decision to quit does nothing other than deprive yourself of the content you have already paid for.

You’ve let them know that you don’t like it. Continuing to post that you don’t like it does not improve your chances of being heard because that’s just you saying the same thing over an over. If enough DIFFERENT people complain, they may address the complaints.

Right now you are just crying over spilt milk which doesn’t put the milk back in the jug.

Yep, same problem I have. Lots of people don’t take me seriously because I like the game and say so.

More like, because you harrass anyone who dislikes the game and says so – as if your opinion had factual credibility while the rest is just a summary of (in your >opinion<) irrelevant and inaccurate personal views.
I’d say you’re slightly outnumbered, though, because you can’t keep up with the sheer volumes of disapointment flooding the forums in the aftermath of the recent patch.

On a side note, since teenagers have been stereotyped , how about we bring in the classic ‘old fart’ sterotype too.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Yep, same problem I have. Lots of people don’t take me seriously because I like the game and say so.

Perhaps they don’t take you seriously because you post personal insults against children for not liking a change to the game.

It is pretty odd for someone who claimed that they liked the game before these changes to choose to insult people who state that they liked the game before these changes too.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

D’aww. I still take you seriously.
Mostly because you’re not a plastic bag full of water intended to irrigate certain biological parts.

We may disagree on the ‘goodness’ of the change, but I rarely see you fly off the handle. Stay productive, V.

I hope we can hear from new-new players soon, and see if this onboarding process works out for them. That, and hopefully we can distinguish between “unlocks” and “notifications” for more experienced players. The notifications were fine and all, but it felt like the game was hiding stuff that shouldn’t need to be hidden.

I talked my friend who didn’t get into the game the first time into trying it again. He rolled a character today. I’m going to leave him alone and see if he stays this time, and what his experience is.

It’ll be interesting.

Vayne.8563

Kinda silly how they removed harvesting nodes for low level players. “Hey you like xp for doing almost anything? Lets take away one source for you.”

They didn’t remove nodes, they took nodes off the map.

kitten me. Vayne you are insipid.

Not really sure how that applies to what I said. If you tell people they’ve removed nodes from the game and you can’t harvest them, it’s very definitely untrue. If you say nodes don’t appear on the map until a certain low level, then you’re being accurate.

Accuracy is important in communicating what is and isn’t happening with the patch. There are a whole bunch of people saying that gathering is locked out and you can’t do it, because those nodes don’t appear….but you can in fact gather.

Clarity is important when discussing the patch.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Ashen.2907

There was only a single 12 year old being referenced as part of this thread. You then made a point of referring to 12 year olds as lacking a virtue, patience in this case, as a counter to that 12 year old’s concerns.

I happen to agree with the point you made, in another thread, that the level requirement may have changed bit the play time requirement, due to faster leveling, may not have. But to insult a kid, even if indirectly or through inference, to his parent is low.

Ashen.2907

I wasn’t insulting a kid. I was pointing out an obvious truth. Most12 year old aren’t qualified to understand the complexity of why things in games need to change. I can’t back that up with a link, but having raised kids before, even perceptive kids have very broad blind spots.

If you consider that insulting to twelve year olds, well….there’s nothing I can do about it. I don’t consider it insulting to 12 year olds.

I made no comment about whether or not a given individual can understand comexity of game design. Not sure where you got this.

I did point out that making derogatory character judgements about children to their parents is low however.

If you disagree with the kid’s opinion about the changes say so. I would tend to agree with you in this case. There was no call to make negative personal comments about the kid though.

Vayne.8563

I’m deleting all my posts in this thread because someone felt I was being offensive. I don’t agree with that assessment but out of respect for that person’s opinion I will remove the offending comments.

Apologies to anyone who was offended.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

GW2 at release: Do what you want, have fun.

GW2 after two Feature Patches: Do what we want you to do, have fun later (after the first Feature Patch), much later (after the second Feature Patch).

These feature patches are an insult to any player that has been around for longer.
Some people might like it, but some people like all and everything anyways related to GW2. Or they just try to justify the changes so they can still like the game. Many people do so in all kind of situations.

But from what I have seen in GW2, there is a fair decrease of those kind of members of the community.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

The new leveling system was designed to bore people and for people who play GW 2 on leap frogs. Vayne has been in full white knight mode since the patch, it’s like one mad man screaming at the dark. Maybe he’s an eternal optimist and everything makes him happy.

Vayne.8563

The new leveling system was designed to bore people and for people who play GW 2 on leap frogs. Vayne has been in full white knight mode since the patch, it’s like one mad man screaming at the dark. Maybe he’s an eternal optimist and everything makes him happy.

Yes, Vayne, all by himself. No one else likes these changes…etc and so forth.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g3fmt/i_honestly_think_leveling_is_much_more_fun_now/

376 upvotes on reddit.

Vayne isn’t alone. Contrary to what most people think, I’m seldom alone. Many agree with me.

Responding to a community that was in full riot mode is sort of what I do. But at the end of the day, there are people who were complaining yesterday who are singing a different tune now that they’ve actually tried the experience. Some like it. Some say they don’t get what the big deal everyone is making is about.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g4tpk/the_npe_challenge_who_will_be_honest_let_me_start/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g5ipk/has_anyone_else_noticed_a_cycle_in_this_sub/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g594i/a_positive_review_of_the_feature_pack_this_seems/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g32tc/is_leveling_faster_after_feature_pack/

I’m sure there’s more but you get the idea. I’m not alone in this.

And yes there are people who still don’t like the change, but that’s true of any change.

It doesn’t mean it’s not a change for the better.

Sunshine.4680

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g3fmt/i_honestly_think_leveling_is_much_more_fun_now/

376 upvotes on reddit.

Vayne isn’t alone. Contrary to what most people think, I’m seldom alone. Many agree with me.

Responding to a community that was in full riot mode is sort of what I do. But at the end of the day, there are people who were complaining yesterday who are singing a different tune now that they’ve actually tried the experience. Some like it. Some say they don’t get what the big deal everyone is making is about.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g4tpk/the_npe_challenge_who_will_be_honest_let_me_start/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g5ipk/has_anyone_else_noticed_a_cycle_in_this_sub/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g594i/a_positive_review_of_the_feature_pack_this_seems/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2g32tc/is_leveling_faster_after_feature_pack/

And yes there are people who still don’t like the change, but that’s true of any change.

What about it makes it better do tell? I also could care less about redit or anything like that, they’re are people celebrating warrior nerfs and happily trolling their forum. Guess that means those nerfs were a positive too.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Insurance, taxes, and chic flicks are dumb. If you think that thinking those things are awesome is a sign of maturity…lol.

When I was a teenager, I thought the same and I felt really mature.

Of course, no one (read: some people) wants to pay for taxes and insurances and think they are dumb, but I am sure everyone (read: most of the people) wants to benefit from them. Thats life.

Vayne.8563

376 upvotes on reddit.

What about it makes it better do tell? I also could care less about redit or anything like that, they’re are people celebrating warrior nerfs and happily trolling their forum. Guess that means those nerfs were a positive too.

Warrior nerfs were certainly positive. I’m almost partying about them.

I’ve explained elsewhere what makes it better and I have no intention of typing it all again. I’ve linked threads where people say they liked it better. There have even been threads on this forum where people like it better.

Yesterday on reddit, the world had come to an end. It was over. Everyone was leaving. People were telling people not to buy stuff. The reaction shifted as people started giving it a chance.

Those who judged it immediately, and will stick with that no matter what are already gone. That’s the price you pay for improving something. Some people won’t like the change even if it is better for the product. I’ve seen this often in my life. It never stopped my business from moving forward.

The tide has already shifted and the big fixes aren’t even in yet.

Sunshine.4680

376 upvotes on reddit.

I’ve explained elsewhere what makes it better and I have no intention of typing it all again. I’ve linked threads where people say they liked it better. There have even been threads on this forum where people like it better.

Yesterday on reddit, the world had come to an end. It was over. Everyone was leaving. People were telling people not to buy stuff. The reaction shifted as people started giving it a chance.

Those who judged it immediately, and will stick with that no matter what are already gone. That’s the price you pay for improving something. Some people won’t like the change even if it is better for the product. I’ve seen this often in my life. It never stopped my business from moving forward.

No offense but all you do is come into these threads and try to make it seem like the patch is great then bail out saying you already explained it. so why do you show up in all these threads? You like the patch, good for you. Does that mean you need to go into every thread that dislikes the patch? It’s your opinion, or do you think because you like it that we all should?

Vayne.8563

376 upvotes on reddit.

No offense but all you do is come into these threads and try to make it seem like the patch is great then bail out saying you already explained it. so why do you show up in all these threads? You like the patch, good for you. Does that mean you need to go into every thread that dislikes the patch? It’s your opinion, or do you think because you like it that we all should?

Because my explanation was posted in a thread that was on topic for that thread. I’ve already gotten enough infractions, thanks.

I showed up in this thread because, having kids myself, I don’t think I’d have been very concerned if they didn’t personally like something. I got myself in trouble in this thread by saying something that offended people and I deleted my comments to avoid hurting feelings.

That’s why I’m in this thread. However, I did link places where people are talking about what’s good in the patch, which to me is answering the question of what’s good in the patch.

The short answer is that I feel more rewarded this way than the old way.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Your son should give it a shot. 1-15 under the new system is extremely easy and the fast pace of 1-15 actually makes leveling to 40 faster than it used to be to level to 30 (my character is 2 days old, 11 hours and level 42 with a combination of map completion and EotM ktrain).

I’m more annoyed with the sheer number of lazy posts dismissing the fact that it’s faster now just because the patch notes and community representation of the new system was terrible.

Ashen.2907

Your son should give it a shot. 1-15 under the new system is extremely easy and the fast pace of 1-15 actually makes leveling to 40 faster than it used to be to level to 30 (my character is 2 days old, 11 hours and level 42 with a combination of map completion and EotM ktrain).

I’m more annoyed with the sheer number of lazy posts dismissing the fact that it’s faster now just because the patch notes and community representation of the new system was terrible.

Kind of my take as well.

If it took X hours to get to an unlock before and still takes approximately X hours now, what does the level matter ?

Bugs and a few issues worth tweaking are another thing entirely of course, but Anet has already commented on those.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

The new leveling system was designed to bore people and for people who play GW 2 on leap frogs.

Do you really believe, the developers designed the changes because they want to bore the players?

Greetings.

Sunshine.4680

The new leveling system was designed to bore people and for people who play GW 2 on leap frogs.

Do you really believe, the developers designed the changes because they want to bore the players?

Greetings.

I’d like to believe a lot of people don’t intend to do what they do but when it comes up that way, it’s easy to assume.

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

People always love to use excuses, like example “I can’t play this game anymore, since you nerfed my build” with skill nerfs and “You removed the mobs I was farming, now I can’t get any gold, I have to stop playing this game” with fixing exploit used for gold farming…

For me it seems, that you need some excuse, for whatever reason.

I for myself do not need any reason, or maybe the only one “i dont like what this game became” to quit.
For me personally was a trend to see in the game since ANet started focusing on the chinese market. The game begun to be more and more a grind instead of fun to play. The preliminary peak is reached for me with this update. It’s not only the leveling, but all the many small things that came out in the last weaks and months.

Should ANet goes to the chinese market? Yes!
They should go to every market they can reach and with it they can make that the company can develop and maintain a game.

Did ANet this job right? No!
It is a question of gaming cultur [and country law] (even if the chinese players disagree with this changes as much as we disagree with them).
Was this commotion of the “western” playerbase foreseeable? Yes.
Was this commotion avoidable? Yes.
ANet had these differences ignored or taken the consequences deliberately to purchase.

For me, this game has lost its soul and esprit. At the beginning and for a long time, it was “GuildWars 2”. Now, it is jut another stupid MMO.

I can’t quit this game, as there is no sub. fee for the game (yet!). But i can stop playing it and can stop buying gems.

And now i stopp both.

Regards
S.

Across all charcters, you have played for 3,605 hours and 37 minutes over the past 720 days.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Irresponsible parent alert.

Rated T for teen.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I tend to think an HONEST opinion from anyone at Anet on EXACTLY how any established player (of any age or mental ability) would react to these “changes” (the prior TRAIT changes from FP1 included) would be quite informative.

There is NO WAY any intelligent person could not see that 90% of existing players are going to look at all these leveling changes in a negative light (and it’s NOT just because they are “different”). Presenting the changes with the banner, “A Fresh Start”, is propaganda and hyperbole at it’s worst.

A simple, “We’re sorry, this was forced on us too.” reply would go a long way for me….

I fully understand this could not happen (if the person wants to keep their job), but the GW2 and Anet Team branding has been irreparably harmed this week….and I like many other here are just sad about it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

I tend to think an HONEST opinion from anyone at Anet on EXACTLY how any established player (of any age or mental ability) would react to these “changes” (the prior TRAIT changes from FP1 included) would be quite informative.

There is NO WAY any intelligent person could not see that 90% of existing players are going to look at all these leveling changes in a negative light (and it’s NOT just because they are “different”). Presenting the changes with the banner, “A Fresh Start”, is propaganda and hyperbole at it’s worst.

A simple, “We’re sorry, this was forced on us too.” reply would go a long way for me….

The irony of claiming that any intelligent person would automatically assume 90% of GW2 players will hate this, and then making a reference to “hyperbole at its worst” is lost on you, isn’kitten

Brother Grimm.5176

The irony of claiming that any intelligent person would automatically assume 90% of GW2 players will hate this, and then making a reference to “hyperbole at its worst” is lost on you, isn’kitten

Negative is not equal to hate…..I don’t “hate” ALL the changes but some of them are just BAD and overall, I would think anything that makes an existing player NOT want to start an ALT is not GOOD or POSITIVE…..agreed?

Show me ONE existing player that thinks ALL these changes are for the better….just one.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

Negative is not equal to hate…..I don’t “hate” ALL the changes but some of them are just BAD and overall, I would think anything that makes an existing player NOT want to start an ALT is not GOOD or POSITIVE…..agreed?

Show me ONE existing player that thinks ALL these changes are for the better….just one.

I’m neutral on most of them, as the “new player experience” doesn’t apply to me or most of my toons. I could most likely dig up quite a few players who are indifferent and have no intention of quitting in a huff. It doesn’t matter. Anet didn’t make these decisions in a vacuum, and time will tell if they are beneficial to what Anet wants to accomplish as a business. When the game stops being fun, I’ll stop playing. Until then, I won’t. And there are absolutely others who feel the same way I do. Most of them just don’t have the desire to form adversarial relationships in an internet forum.

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

I’m neutral on most of them, as the “new player experience” doesn’t apply to me or most of my toons. I could most likely dig up quite a few players who are indifferent and have no intention of quitting in a huff. It doesn’t matter. Anet didn’t make these decisions in a vacuum, and time will tell if they are beneficial to what Anet wants to accomplish as a business. When the game stops being fun, I’ll stop playing. Until then, I won’t. And there are absolutely others who feel the same way I do. Most of them just don’t have the desire to form adversarial relationships in an internet forum.

Why voice your opinion on matters that don’t even apply to you? You are working with pure conjecture here. Let those that are affected voice theirs. It’s pretty much all they can do aside from just never logging in again, but that doesn’t send quite the same message because ANet has no exit survey asking why a player quit and so on.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I agree, when the time comes that the joy is not enough I too will leave. That day is not today or tomorrow and I certainly won’t be here for months or years telling everyone.

Cuddy.6247

Kind of my take as well.

If it took X hours to get to an unlock before and still takes approximately X hours now, what does the level matter ?

Bugs and a few issues worth tweaking are another thing entirely of course, but Anet has already commented on those.

Simple answer: it doesn’t.

The complaining is just a hat trick by those who are misinformed, haven’t tried the new leveling system or should benefit most from a slower introduction of mechanics. Leveling alts is much faster now – and extremely cheaper…level 42 with two rares that I didn’t have to buy or spend karma on? Two free dyes so far? Same speed as before?

Yeah…the only part of the patch that isn’t necessarily good (although easily circumvented with little to no effort) is locking skills, especially underwater skills or offhands, behind levels. What’s the point? You still have to read the tool tip to learn what it is.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The argument about leveling speed is misplaced. If you enjoying your leveling it doesn’t matter what speed you go. The players can go at whatever speed they like, doing what they like, and they are happy. It is only once leveling becomes a chore with the sole purpose of unlocking skills that the rapidity of leveling becomes important!

Brother Grimm.5176

Ok….will re-phrase:

Show me ONE existing player that has/had any intention of making a new character that now thinks ALL these changes are for the better….just one.

If you are indifferent about the changes, it’s likely because you don’t ever intend on making a new character…..WHY are you in this thread at all?

Also, if you are indifferent, you don’t think it’s worse OR better. I’m unsure why you posted your paragraph if you don’t care about this issue (other than to be argumentative in general).

Just to be clear, I had no thoughts on starting a new character prior to these changes as all mine are beyond the level that most of these changes makes any difference. However, I would certainly take a different view of ever doing so in the future BECAUSE of these changes…..if I’m not alone in that, this change is NOT good for existing players.

I’m not one that believes EVERY change should be “good” for existing players, either. If the change is good for the game as a whole, it should be considered. I fail to see how MANY of these changes in any way makes the overall game “better” (but that is certainly MY opinion and other may not agree).

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

My newly minted Sylvari Necro is 22 now – unfortunately, I have to take the weekend off from gaming to work, but up to this point, this is my assessment:

1-15 is about the same – I primarily level through PoI’s, Vistas, Waypoints and exploration. I completed one heart by accident. The most annoying things were: no skill pts. until level 13 (because I need the XP to level – I had to backtrack through 3 starter zones to get these once I reached lvl 13), and no weapon swapping until 15.

Leveling is so fast at that point, that you don’t really notice anything else.

Now, once I hit 15 things have slowed down a bit. 15-22 the thing I noticed most was only having 1 utility skill – this totally sucks, and should be changed right away.

Revert Elite skill back to 30 too.

Posted by: jclink.6308

jclink.6308

I actually read the user agreement. FYI, Section 9c of the User Agreement:

You acknowledge that the Game is not intended for minors under age 13, and You will not allow access to the Game, or the viewing of any display thereof, by any minor under age 13.

Personally, I think it’s silly, I’m sure plenty of people don’t comply, and this is probably more of a CYA clause (so a parent can’t sue that their child was traumatized) than anything else, but I’m not sure I’d admit to violating the User Agreement on the official ANet forum.

I’m not sure what your point is. I’m not complaining about player content or that my daughter is having issues because of it. I was just saying that I was also someone who plays with my child. I’m not even saying I’m leaving because it impacts her. Rather my point is that /my/ experience has been diminished ever since the trait changes. I was just offering anecdotally that I also play with my child.

Posted by: fourhim.3584

fourhim.3584

Hey all – OP here. I never meant for this thread to go in all the directions that it has. I just thought that ANet should know that even a younger player who has already leveled a character finds some of these changes “dumb”. We have not played a new character from 1-20 yet since the update, so I can’t comment on all those things that have been brought up.

What we are observing though, is that even if we use an item to jump straight to 20 (as he did with his Necro), he has 2 skill slots locked out that did not used to be. This is unacceptable to us. Also, as I mentioned, the Elite skill that he was so excited about getting at level 30 (as on his Warrior), he can’t get until 40 right now. So even after using the game’s “skip the first 20 levels” item, you’re still 20 levels away from an elite skill.

Having said that, I am happy to hear ANet say that some/all of these level-pushed skills are a mistake and will be corrected. My only concern now is how long that will take. In the meantime, the grind from level 20-40 will be a painful one, without that 1-15 XP bonus and without significant traits in those levels. And this is why my son and I will not make another “alt” until 20-40 is changed. It is NOT 1-20 that we are overly concerned about, but rather the grind that begins at 20.

And one more thing I don’t understand, and this goes back to the postponing of trait points back in April, which I personally dislike even more than this latest “update”. Under the old system for traits, starting at level 10 you received 1 trait point per level that you could allocate to any of the various traits. Then they removed it so that you have to wait every 5 levels to get chunks of stats 50 at a time. Now, we’re told that they want each new level to come with its own rewards? Um, isn’t that what you had before the trait overhaul when we got another trait point at each level? So if you want players to look forwward to leveling, why not bring back the “one trait point every level” system you had before?

Again, thanks for listening.

(edited by fourhim.3584)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Vayne will find an excuse for everything…

Yup, looks like.

How, exactly, is what I said incorrect.

People love using words like excuse, because it makes someone who’s correct look wrong. What I said is accurate. Not being able to gather for your first hour isn’t likely to much affect your game…and you can gather if you know how.

Not sure how anyone can misconstrue that as an excuse.

He may be talking about your little condescending remarks such as, this one;
Maybe it’s me but I’m not seeing a big deal here. Are you saying not harvesting copper and softwood for the first hour is going to prevent them from getting a legendary?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

^That is lack of precursors that will stop them.

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Cuddy.6247

Lol’d hard. I normally try to refrain from posts that have no constructive value or humor, but this comment was A+, I just had to say it.

Cuddy.6247

Show me ONE existing player that has/had any intention of making a new character that now thinks ALL these changes are for the better….just one.

Well, I’m one? Although all is an encasing word that is inaccurate. I find the general principle of the update to have a solid foundation, because it’s definitely made my leveling experience faster. There are some things, such as skill acquisition and the introduction of utility skills, that should be reverted – but expecting everything to have a perfect reception without community feedback is an expectation for the insane.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Well, I’m one? Although all is an encasing word that is inaccurate. I find the general principle of the update to have a solid foundation, because it’s definitely made my leveling experience faster. There are some things, such as skill acquisition and the introduction of utility skills, that should be reverted – but expecting everything to have a perfect reception without community feedback is an expectation for the insane.

This game IS insane, soooo, yeah. -LOL

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger