Feels like i'm being left out of content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZidZabre.7256

ZidZabre.7256

I’m a sucker for the jumping puzzles in GW2, i really am, i loved to explore to find them and everysingle one, now as there as been more JPs adeed i wanted to go and do them, however. They happen to be locked for guild activities.

I have a guild, right? yes i do, does it have 20+ active people? No it does not. reason? We like to be a small running guild.

Now my problem comes from the fact that it is difficult to get influence going to pull off the guilda activities, and what is even worse is that we have to start we the guild bounties.

Why is that? It feels like we are being put trough the tedious not so fun things, which we can’t even pull off cause of the minimal time limit to hunt a moving object.

I’d love to get to the guild rush with my few but great guildies, or the jumping puzzles, but as it is right now, it doesn’t feel obtainable.

So once in awhile i pass by these areas teasing about a guild jumping puzzle, knowing i can’t go in there, my guild is too “small” and i feel i’m being left out of some great content.

Maybe next major update give us some regular jumping puzzles, or give us small guilds a bigger chance to join the fun (and trust me, alot of us wants too.)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Think of this like “premium content” for those who put in the time and effort. So if your guild can’t meet the requirements, perhaps you should join a larger one that can? You can have multiple guilds (up to 4 I think). Find one that’s willing to let you rep for special events like the Guild Missions.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

ZidZabre.7256

Think of this like “premium content” for those who put in the time and effort. So if your guild can’t meet the requirements, perhaps you should join a larger one that can? You can have multiple guilds (up to 4 I think). Find one that’s willing to let you rep for special events like the Guild Missions.

Why should this be a requirement to play the additional content?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why should this be a requirement to play the additional content?

Because it gives you a reason to build and manage your guild. You can always join another one or become allys with one to gain some bounty hunters. As for influence you’re just gonna have to recruit more, spam events like crazy of buy boosts I guess.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

ZidZabre.7256

I just hope that more jumping puzzles that are added follow the old formula.

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

The people in small guilds can put just as much effort into playing as what any person in a large guild can. Yet there is a discrimination against this size of guild, not due to their play style, how much they play, or what content they chose to do, but instead because of the fact they don’t have enough people banging their heads against a wall.

If players in a small guild play more than players in a large guild, play better than the players of a large guild, are more active in the community than a large guild, why are they being discriminated against?

For all the people who wanted raids, large guilds are it. There is the content you can only reach if you have large groups of people, that no one else can do.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Except with the exception of WvW, the people in big guilds had no content at all. None. The party size is five. You can’t run around with forty people doing most events, because most events don’t scale that high.

These guild quests were added because big guilds were left out of everything else. It’s so easy to join a guild that allows people in for public guild missions and still be in your own guild 99% of the time.

Hell my guild will allow people to run with us, without otherwise contributing to the guild at all.

It’s easy enough to do. People who choose not to…well that’s their own look out.

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Yep. I feel this way also. I’m in a relatively small guild who usually has anywhere from 1-9 members on at a time. 9 being rare, however most of the larger guilds on the server require 100% rep or expulsion. Its very disheartening.

killcannon.2576

Except with the exception of WvW, the people in big guilds had no content at all. None. The party size is five. You can’t run around with forty people doing most events, because most events don’t scale that high.

These guild quests were added because big guilds were left out of everything else. It’s so easy to join a guild that allows people in for public guild missions and still be in your own guild 99% of the time.

Hell my guild will allow people to run with us, without otherwise contributing to the guild at all.

It’s easy enough to do. People who choose not to…well that’s their own look out.

But is there a significant reason to only restrict this due to guild size? That is my only concern. I know the general reaction to stating anything about reward, but even if smaller guilds do run it with someone else, they don’t receive the same kind of payoff.

If it was open and fairly accessible to all guilds, who would that leave out exactly? Does it simply boil down to a prestige thing?

I recognize that managing a large guild can be a chore and a challenge in it’s own right, and that there should be some form of prestige that goes along with that ideal. I’m just not sure that gating content should be the answer.

Vayne.8563

But is there a significant reason to only restrict this due to guild size? That is my only concern. I know the general reaction to stating anything about reward, but even if smaller guilds do run it with someone else, they don’t receive the same kind of payoff.

If it was open and fairly accessible to all guilds, who would that leave out exactly? Does it simply boil down to a prestige thing?

I recognize that managing a large guild can be a chore and a challenge in it’s own right, and that there should be some form of prestige that goes along with that ideal. I’m just not sure that gating content should be the answer.

Actually there sort of is a reason.

If you make these things hard enough that you need tons of people doing it, then you need tons of people to do it. If any guild no matter what size can do it, then it’s not content for larger guilds.

Running a tier 3 bounty would be very very hard (probably impossible) for a guild my size. We usually have between 15 and 25 people doing guild missions at a time, and we’re not big enough to do the higher level stuff. But I don’t feel left out because those guilds need content too.

And because there are several guilds that do allow people to join them publicly.

I’m not sure if you can get rewards cross servers or not, but it’s worth checking in to. If people want to join my guild missions, no questions asked, we can invite you for the mission and you can leave right after. There, problem solved.

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

We have all guild missions unlocked and our usual force for doing them is 7-8 members. You can easily do the Tier 1 missions with 6 people. Now obtaining the influence is a whole different matter but hey, thats why they have a cash shop.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Vayne.8563

We have all guild missions unlocked and our usual force for doing them is 7-8 members. You can easily do the Tier 1 missions with 6 people. Now obtaining the influence is a whole different matter but hey, thats why they have a cash shop.

Sure tier one. But some of the harder puzzles and stuff that require 15 completions aren’t that easy. Even some of the rushes we’ve had problems with.

Posted by: Varonica.8307

Varonica.8307

Personally I was most dissapointed that despite doing every single JP I never got a title, sad arenanet, very sad!

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If you make these things hard enough that you need tons of people doing it, then you need tons of people to do it. If any guild no matter what size can do it, then it’s not content for larger guilds.

Running a tier 3 bounty would be very very hard (probably impossible) for a guild my size. We usually have between 15 and 25 people doing guild missions at a time, and we’re not big enough to do the higher level stuff. But I don’t feel left out because those guilds need content too.

And because there are several guilds that do allow people to join them publicly.

I’m not sure if you can get rewards cross servers or not, but it’s worth checking in to. If people want to join my guild missions, no questions asked, we can invite you for the mission and you can leave right after. There, problem solved.

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

There’s no good reason for what Anet did with guild missions.

They should have made it so that all ‘guild’ content was available to all guilds, regardless of guild size. Members of smaller guilds should never be expected to represent some other guild just to experience the so-called ‘guild’ content and the reward/benefit for being in a large guild should have been the option/ability to run the content as a large guild. Nothing more.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If they added the option for guilds to team up to get the reward together it would solve a lot of the problems. Five small guilds together could do everything that was released for guild content. Instead you need to physically join another guild. Hot joins of guilds of different sizes would be great.

Edit: since they like things in five so much they could just modify the party system. Instead of individuals you get guilds. Symbol is not a person but guild sign. Rep to start and accept this is assigned by guild leader like other permissions.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

If they added the option for guilds to team up to get the reward together it would solve a lot of the problems. Five small guilds together could do everything that was released for guild content. Instead you need to physically join another guild. Hot joins of guilds of different sizes would be great.

Edit: since they like things in five so much they could just modify the party system. Instead of individuals you get guilds. Symbol is not a person but guild sign. Rep to start and accept this is assigned by guild leader like other permissions.

This would be a good idea.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Vayne.8563

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

They should have made it so that all ‘guild’ content was available to all guilds, regardless of guild size. Members of smaller guilds should never be expected to represent some other guild just to experience the so-called ‘guild’ content and the reward/benefit for being in a large guild should have been the option/ability to run the content as a large guild. Nothing more.

Because you say so? What about a guild of one, then. Should they be able to complete guild missions?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Because you say so? What about a guild of one, then. Should they be able to complete guild missions?

Because I say so? No, because it would have been the right and fair thing to do.

And as for a guild of one, why not? Anet did away with the classic MMO trinity by making every profession self-supportive, thereby negating the need for the classic trinity roles in group situations. Why stop there?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

What a load of nonsense… small guilds have to put in a multitude of extra effort to get to unlock even the guild training especially when their are other things to unlock as well which might be deemed more useful to the guild.

Just because you join a faceless 500 guild you think that proves you put more effort in that players in small guilds.. talk sense and open your eyes dude.
Why should anyone be forced to negate their own guilds just to run content.. if they wanted gated content then it should of been something that every guild could open either through in game purchase, achievement or via the cashshop if necessary.. what we have currently is nothing more than a player base sectioned into corners unless they beg to piggy back off others at the expense of their own guild or worse loose members to the faceless numbers game.

So just quit with your nonsensical opinions.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Difficulty does not have to mean more people to do it.
The same challenge in a bounty can be provided to a small guilds or even a 1 person guild.. its called scaling and that is how it should be done. Yes large guilds with higher numbers should gain a little more spoil perhaps but content should never, ever be gated to the point anyone is excluded – ever, otherwise players will grow tired of grinding influence over and over to get not that far, and then find they still cant actually achieve the said mission anyway… you speak only from the side of numbers not sense and maybe this is one impass that will finally teach ANET just how poorly they choose the directions of their game and rightly so.

Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy GW2, even the buggy lagfest that has hounded the game in certain areas since day 1, I happily ignore.. but gating is something I detest and is a major reason why my guild play much less now, to the point we are already back in our chosen MMO where such stupidity does not exist and I bet we are not alone in this.

But your entitled to your rose tinted views I guess.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Sure tier one. But some of the harder puzzles and stuff that require 15 completions aren’t that easy. Even some of the rushes we’ve had problems with.

There’s only 2 puzzles and their both ridiculously easy as in can be done in under 10 minutes with 6 people. The only ones we struggle with are the southsun rush and barrels challenge. Everything is else is super easy.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Looking at every guild activity put into the game since launch, I think it’s safe to say ANet REALLY HATES small guilds.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Sephyros.9652

Sephyros.9652

Because guilds in this game shouldn’t be seen as a family of sorts like in most other games. It’s simply a bunch of strangers using each other to achieve a common goal.
The fact you can be a part of several guilds at the same time shows that.

Just join a guild for missions and leave once you’re done. Sadly there’s no way to do these things with your friends alone, as you need a zerg guild (or a lot of money) to unlock them.

killcannon.2576

Looking at every guild activity put into the game since launch, I think it’s safe to say ANet REALLY HATES small guilds.

Hate is probably too strong a word.

Don’t care about is probably more appropriate, at least from what we have seen so far. Shame, small guilds usually are what can hold a game together for a lot of players.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I keep seeing this argument about “anti-small guilds” and my experience in game simply doesn’t support the negativity.

I’m the guild leader of a smaller guild on the Henge of Denravi server. Prior to the release of missions, the guild had an average of 6-12 players on each night. We really wanted to do guild missions but we didn’t want to lose our identity by mass recruiting random players.

Instead of complaining, we pooled our resources and did what we had to do to unlock guild bounties as fast as possible. We did it without the gem store and without sacrificing other aspects of the game. Once we had bounties unlocked, we made an open invitation to all of the small and WvW guilds on the server – join CH at the “friends” rank and you only need to rep with us once a week for missions (and get your guild commendations in the process ). There were alot of guilds that were either small like us or wanted to focus their guild resources on other things (most notably, WvW). This worked perfectly for them – and for us.

We are currently two weeks away from unlocking guild puzzles – and our average number of active players is much higher than it was before guild missions came out (in addition to all the new “friends” we now play alongside). More importantly, we are having a blast with the guild mission content.

So, even small guilds can participate very actively in guild missions. It just takes being open to working with the system instead of just complaining about it.

As someone leading a small guild, I can say without a doubt that guild missions are the single best addition to the game since launch. They were just what we needed to get some of the less active players interested in the guild again.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Vayne.8563

I’m on Tarnished Coast.

Because I say so? No, because it would have been the right and fair thing to do.

And as for a guild of one, why not? Anet did away with the classic MMO trinity by making every profession self-supportive, thereby negating the need for the classic trinity roles in group situations. Why stop there?

I don’t think a single person should be a guild. It defeats the entire purpose of having a guild. By taking away reasons to guild, what you do is weaken the guild system. Without giving guilds something to build on or work towards, you weaken it.

Anet didn’t have anything for larger guilds in PVe….maybe the temples in Orr. I don’t know how many times you can keep running those. Dragon events? Not exciting.

In theory they could have made this content scale down but how much longer would it have taken and how much more work would be needed to fix the bugs from doing that. That sort tuning takes a lot of work. As it is, the guild missions, of which there are many, need work.

By allowing one person to have the same rewards as a larger guild, you’re essentially making them useless. It’s actually much harder to run a larger guild than a smaller one. Are you saying they’re entitled to nothing of their own?

Vayne.8563

I keep seeing this argument about “anti-small guilds” and my experience in game simply doesn’t support the negativity.

I’m the guild leader of a smaller guild on the Henge of Denravi server. Prior to the release of missions, the guild had an average of 6-12 players on each night. We really wanted to do guild missions but we didn’t want to lose our identity by mass recruiting random players.

Instead of complaining, we pooled our resources and did what we had to do to unlock guild bounties as fast as possible. We did it without the gem store and without sacrificing other aspects of the game. Once we had bounties unlocked, we made an open invitation to all of the small and WvW guilds on the server – join CH at the “friends” rank and you only need to rep with us once a week for missions (and get your guild commendations in the process ). There were alot of guilds that were either small like us or wanted to focus their guild resources on other things (most notably, WvW). This worked perfectly for them – and for us.

We are currently two weeks away from unlocking guild puzzles – and our average number of active players is much higher than it was before guild missions came out (in addition to all the new “friends” we now play alongside). More importantly, we are having a blast with the guild mission content.

So, even small guilds can participate very actively in guild missions. It just takes being open to working with the system instead of just complaining about it.

As someone leading a small guild, I can say without a doubt that guild missions are the single best addition to the game since launch. They were just what we needed to get some of the less active players interested in the guild again.

Thank you so much for posting this. We have a medium sized guild and sometimes guild missions can be challenging. We’re haven’t unlocked guild puzzles yet, we’re probably slightly behind you.

But it’s good to see someone from a smaller guild enjoying the content.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Guild Bountys are a pure luck based system which unfortunately shut out most small guilds. It’s all very well people saying, team up with other guilds, but many have reported to try this (including us) and the reaction is zero because a) there is nothing in it for other guilds to work together and b) no infratsrcuture to find like minded guilds.

So many suggestions have been put forward;
- shared rewards
- lfg (in the works, but over due I know)
- alliances
- remove /change the timer and make it about skill and coordination, not luck
- improved influence gain for events etc. Training was a start, but still suffers the same flaws bounties in general do.
- make t1 suitable for small guilds and t2-3 for big guilds with scaelable rewards per tier.

Currently they favour big guilds, which is not necessary. There are SO many fixes for this which would please everyone, but there is simply no interest in improving them. A great idea, but awfully implemented so far

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Because you say so?

I don’t think a single person should be a guild.

Oh, I get it! He was wrong because he thought so, but you’re in the right.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

We’ve done the guild missions every week since they were added, and our guild on event night only had at most 8 players on. (Boy did that change once we started unlocking stuff!)

1. Build a Tier 1 and Tier 3 bounty each week. Do the tier 1 for the completion, do the tier 3 to invite whomever to get their weekly bonuses. Pick the easiest boss from the list of 6 (Poobadoo, Trillia Midwell, Brekkabek have the smallest in-game paths) You’ll get more members, but also keep your regulars returning with an easy kill almost every week.

2. Go do some dungeons and donate your gold to influence.

3. Do rush and trek, half the time if you queue rush during primetime, there’s another guild doing it. complete it for them and you will get credit for your guild once you can activate your banner. Just make sure all your players have received their rewards first!

3a Stick someone (or an alt) at Fawcett’s jp and Portmatt’s Promontory. If you have 5+ players, there’s no reason you can’t do the highest level trek every week.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

killcannon.2576

Because you say so?

It’s an opinion, he’s entitled to it. Same as the rest of us.

Vayne.8563

Because you say so?

If you can’t see why a single person shouldn’t have a guild on his own, I’m not sure what to say. Anet discourages single person guilds in numerous ways, so Anet doesn’t like it either. It’s why a single person doing an event gets 2 influence, but 2 people in the same guild working on an event get 20.

1 person does not a guild make. You can argue that if you like…but I’m not sure on what basis.

AlietteFaye.7316

Because you say so?

If you can’t see why a single person shouldn’t have a guild on his own, I’m not sure what to say. Anet discourages single person guilds in numerous ways, so Anet doesn’t like it either. It’s why a single person doing an event gets 2 influence, but 2 people in the same guild working on an event get 20.

1 person does not a guild make. You can argue that if you like…but I’m not sure on what basis.

I don’t see why a single person shouldn’t have a Guild on his own. It only takes one to make it, and if that’s how he likes it, then fine. It shouldn’t exclude him from being able to at least participate in content that’s added.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Vayne.8563

Because you say so?

I don’t see why a single person shouldn’t have a Guild on his own. It only takes one to make it, and if that’s how he likes it, then fine. It shouldn’t exclude him from being able to at least participate in content that’s added.

Because guild content is designed for multiple people. Guild rewards are designed for multiple people. If everyone could get the same stuff, it would limit the reason people join guilds. Some people join them to get certain benefits.

So you’re saying that an MMO that has multiplayer guilds should give the same think to anyone who just wants to start his own guild by himself?

Okay…then I guess that’s your opinion, and we’ll have to agree to disagree. Because I think that would be bad for the game over all.

AlietteFaye.7316

Because guild content is designed for multiple people. Guild rewards are designed for multiple people. If everyone could get the same stuff, it would limit the reason people join guilds. Some people join them to get certain benefits.

So you’re saying that an MMO that has multiplayer guilds should give the same think to anyone who just wants to start his own guild by himself?

Okay…then I guess that’s your opinion, and we’ll have to agree to disagree. Because I think that would be bad for the game over all.

I am saying that exact thing. Because that’s what Guild Wars 2 was advertised as. A game where you could play your own way, and not have to worry about having to specific things to get your gear and experience the content.

It was literally sold like that. Do you understand that a lot of people bought the game because they said it was a game designed to be that way? There should never be a point in the game where you feel forced to do something you don’t want to do, just because that’s the only way to complete the content. That was the purpose behind removing the trinity, the purpose behind having Exotic gear so easily accessible. Because there wasn’t supposed to be anything that a player couldn’t do just because they didn’t want to play a certain way.

It goes against what the game was sold as, and that’s why people are upset over things like this. It’s logical and valid.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Vayne.8563

I am saying that exact thing. Because that’s what Guild Wars 2 was advertised as. A game where you could play your own way, and not have to worry about having to specific things to get your gear and experience the content.

It was literally sold like that. Do you understand that a lot of people bought the game because they said it was a game designed to be that way? There should never be a point in the game where you feel forced to do something you don’t want to do, just because that’s the only way to complete the content. That was the purpose behind removing the trinity, the purpose behind having Exotic gear so easily accessible. Because there wasn’t supposed to be anything that a player couldn’t do just because they didn’t want to play a certain way.

It goes against what the game was sold as, and that’s why people are upset over things like this. It’s logical and valid.

Playing your own way is the biggest cop out line ever. Saying that you can play the game your own way doesn’t mean every single person in the entire world can do whatever they want and get the same level of rewards. That’s a simple single intepretation of it.

You can’t exploit. What if I said I want to exploit things and that was my play style. Should Anet allow this? Of course not.

Play your own way means this: It means that Anet is giving people different routes to get to max level and indeed some of the best gear in the game.

For example, exotic armor. You can get exotic armor by doing dungeons, just doing dynamic events and dailies and saving karma, playing WvW, or just farming gold and buying it from the marketplace.

Ascended items are now available through guild missions, dailies and monthlies and fractals, with presumably more ways to come.

In most MMORPGs the way to get BIS gear is to do raids. That’s it. Anet aimed to change that and they did.

Maybe my style of play is that I want to get everything in the game just standing in Lion’s Arch chatting. Hey, that’s my play style and Anet said I could play my own way.

Way to take a statement completely out of context.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

What if I want to play in a large guild and do large guild things?

It was literally sold like that. Do you understand that a lot of people bought the game because they said it was a game designed to be that way? There should never be a point in the game where you feel forced to do something you don’t want to do, just because that’s the only way to complete the content.

There’s nobody and nothing forcing anyone to do guild content.

If guild content could be soloed, then it’d be trivial for large guilds and they’d be up in arms over not being able to ‘play their way’. Half a dozen of one, six of another, both going ‘stop having fun I don’t want to have’.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

AlietteFaye.7316

Playing your own way is the biggest cop out line ever. Saying that you can play the game your own way doesn’t mean every single person in the entire world can do whatever they want and get the same level of rewards. That’s a simple single intepretation of it.

You can’t exploit. What if I said I want to exploit things and that was my play style. Should Anet allow this? Of course not.

Play your own way means this: It means that Anet is giving people different routes to get to max level and indeed some of the best gear in the game.

For example, exotic armor. You can get exotic armor by doing dungeons, just doing dynamic events and dailies and saving karma, playing WvW, or just farming gold and buying it from the marketplace.

Ascended items are now available through guild missions, dailies and monthlies and fractals, with presumably more ways to come.

In most MMORPGs the way to get BIS gear is to do raids. That’s it. Anet aimed to change that and they did.

Maybe my style of play is that I want to get everything in the game just standing in Lion’s Arch chatting. Hey, that’s my play style and Anet said I could play my own way.

Way to take a statement completely out of context.

Exploiting is obviously a different situation and I won’t even get into that.

You ignored the fact that ArenaNet literally sold the game in this manner. Did you buy it before the game was out? Because the forums were in an absolute uprage about the Ascended gear being added. Do you know why? Because it was going against the principles of the game that they used to sell it.

Saying that you can get the maximum level of statted gear easily was a big seller for a lot of players. The second they added in Fractals, they betrayed that idea and people were seriously upset about it. This is the exact same idea with Guild Missions. Guilds were supposed to be flexible and things that you didn’t have to worry about in Guild Wars 2. That’s how they said they were going to be, and that’s why you could be in five at once. So that you didn’t have to worry about being in a “hardcore” Guild, or just being able to play with friends. You could do what you wanted with Guilds. Then they added in Guild Missions, and made the requirements completely ridiculous for no reason. Who is it hurting if the small Guilds get a piece of the content? It was literally as simple as making the lowest tier of each Mission type accomplish-able by small Guilds, and the highest tier by large Guilds.

But that’s just too much to ask for, right?

There’s nobody and nothing forcing anyone to do guild content.

If guild content could be soloed, then it’d be trivial for large guilds and they’d be up in arms over not being able to ‘play their way’. Half a dozen of one, six of another, both going ‘stop having fun I don’t want to have’.

I wasn’t talking about being forced to do the content. I was talking about being forced to be in a large Guild to have access to the content. That’s a dumb way of cutting players out of being able to do something that they added to the game.

And please, stop pretending that Guild Missions are hard to do for any large Guilds. Everything is easy when you get a zerg on it.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

(edited by AlietteFaye.7316)

Vayne.8563

You ignored the fact that ArenaNet literally sold the game in this manner. Did you buy it before the game was out? Because the forums were in an absolute uprage about the Ascended gear being added. Do you know why? Because it was going against the principles of the game that they used to sell it.

I didn’t ignore that at all. I explained it very carefully. If you read my post, you’ll see that I answered this complaint. They sold the game, and explained this many times over.

In most games there’s one path, one way to get to top level gear and Anet gives many options about how to play. You never have to level WvW if you want. You never have to go into a dungeon if you don’t want. You dont’ have to PVe to play SPvP if you want. This is clearly what Anet meant by play your own way, since in most other games you can’t do this.

On the other hand, what it doesn’t mean is that every single option for everything single thing, with every single reward will be offered to players. That’s not reasonable to expect. Just because you want something to mean something doesn’t mean it does.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I wasn’t talking about being forced to do the content. I was talking about being forced to be in a large Guild to have access to the content. That’s a dumb way of cutting players out of being able to do something that they added to the game.

So you’d rather force the large guilds to acquiesce to your need to solo everything. ‘Stop having fun doing things I don’t want to do.’

And please, stop pretending that Guild Missions are hard to do for any large Guilds. Everything is easy when you get a zerg on it.

That sound you hear is every large guild leader in the game having a simultaneous gut laugh at your comment.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

AlietteFaye.7316

So you’d rather force the large guilds to acquiesce to your need to solo everything. ‘Stop having fun doing things I don’t want to do.’

That sound you hear is every large guild leader in the game having a simultaneous gut laugh at your comment.

I didn’t say I have a need to solo everything. You clearly didn’t even read the suggestion that the tiers of Guild Missions be used for different sizes of Guilds.

And what does that even mean? The fact that you “laugh at it” is pretty cool. I mean, why not, right? It’s totally not the truth.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

AlietteFaye.7316

I didn’t ignore that at all. I explained it very carefully. If you read my post, you’ll see that I answered this complaint. They sold the game, and explained this many times over.

In most games there’s one path, one way to get to top level gear and Anet gives many options about how to play. You never have to level WvW if you want. You never have to go into a dungeon if you don’t want. You dont’ have to PVe to play SPvP if you want. This is clearly what Anet meant by play your own way, since in most other games you can’t do this.

On the other hand, what it doesn’t mean is that every single option for everything single thing, with every single reward will be offered to players. That’s not reasonable to expect. Just because you want something to mean something doesn’t mean it does.

Look, I’m not going to go dig up the quote.. (mainly because ANet deleted all of their previously posted blogs). But they literally said that getting the highest-stat gear in the game would never be something that you had to forfeit your way of playing for. This, coupled with them saying that the game was “everything you loved about GW1” was more than enough to sell loads of copies with the idea that there was no gear grind, and that max gear would be very easy to obtain. Which it was, up until Ascended. Which is not even what this thread is about.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Vayne.8563

Look, I’m not going to go dig up the quote.. (mainly because ANet deleted all of their previously posted blogs). But they literally said that getting the highest-stat gear in the game would never be something that you had to forfeit your way of playing for. This, coupled with them saying that the game was “everything you loved about GW1” was more than enough to sell loads of copies with the idea that there was no gear grind, and that max gear would be very easy to obtain. Which it was, up until Ascended. Which is not even what this thread is about.

No, but it is what they meant when they said play your own way. It was explained a number of times in a number of interviews. They specifically said over and over again what they meant. I don’t know how you could have missed it.

Edit: And there are still three ways to get ascended gear, which means you can still play your own way. It’s apparently not enough of your own way for your personal taste.

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

You are arguing with a wall. My suggestion don’t bother. Guild missions were just badly implemented due to anet not thinking it properly through. Same as ascended gear. Same as the Living story. Now the living story has been improved with the new instalment, but will it stay this way or fall back again.

killcannon.2576

Because you say so?

Dungeon content is also designed for multiple people, but is available to be soloed or ran however you want in whatever kind of party you want.

Just because something is designed in a certain manner does not mean it should not be available to anyone.

AlietteFaye.7316

No, but it is what they meant when they said play your own way. It was explained a number of times in a number of interviews. They specifically said over and over again what they meant. I don’t know how you could have missed it.

Edit: And there are still three ways to get ascended gear, which means you can still play your own way. It’s apparently not enough of your own way for your personal taste.

Like I said, it’s not even what this thread was about. I’m not going to argue with you about how underhanded it was when they sold the game as something it wasn’t.

As for Ascended Gear, that isn’t “three ways to get it”. That’s 3 different ways to get 3 different pieces. Backpieces are only from Fractals (or tons of gold), and Amulets are only from Laurels. The only thing that is in multiple accessible ways of purchase are Rings and Earrings, both of which are completely in-proportionate costs to the other ways of getting them. 40 Laurels and 50 ectos, because I’m not in a big Guild, for an accessory. 35 Laurels for a Ring, even though it gives less stats than the Amulet which is 30 Laurels.

Regardless, I’m retracting from this thread.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Vayne.8563

Like I said, it’s not even what this thread was about. I’m not going to argue with you about how underhanded it was when they sold the game as something it wasn’t.

As for Ascended Gear, that isn’t “three ways to get it”. That’s 3 different ways to get 3 different pieces. Backpieces are only from Fractals (or tons of gold), and Amulets are only from Laurels. The only thing that is in multiple accessible ways of purchase are Rings and Earrings, both of which are completely in-proportionate costs to the other ways of getting them. 40 Laurels and 50 ectos, because I’m not in a big Guild, for an accessory. 35 Laurels for a Ring, even though it gives less stats than the Amulet which is 30 Laurels.

Regardless, I’m retracting from this thread.

There’s nothing to argue about. They explained what it meant, you ignored the explanation. Instead of bringing in a quote that’s essentially a strawman argument, and has nothing to do with one person forming a guild by himself and getting all the guild rewards, which is what you’re arguing, you should never have brought it up.

If you hadn’t brought it up, I wouldn’t have brought up what Anet said they meant by it.

Vayne.8563

Because you say so?

Dungeon content is also designed for multiple people, but is available to be soloed or ran however you want in whatever kind of party you want.

Just because something is designed in a certain manner does not mean it should not be available to anyone.

According this statement you believe all dungeons should be soloable.

killcannon.2576

Something that is getting brought up is the difficulty of Guild Missions and that is a reason why they should only be available to large guilds.

Last time I checked this game has a core feature of content scalability for that type of thing.

Personally, I feel it’s the large guilds who fight against this type of thing more out of fear than anything logical. If it’s available to all, then there just isn’t a need for these types of guilds to exist.

killcannon.2576

Because you say so?

According this statement you believe all dungeons should be soloable.

No, according to that statement, I know that all dungeons are available to make attempts at soloing them.