Female Human T3 medium armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I cannot be the only one sitting on a human female thief having a hard time finding a pretty armor that does not have a huge trench coat with it.

I love the look of the human tier 3 cultural and have purchased most of the pieces. But that horrible chest item…. Why oh why would you design that horrible visible underboob and thus preventing many people from getting the armor. It looks totally ridiculous and I know plenty of male and female players that are hating on it. I don’t mind skimpy armor, I actually prefer it to long hanging pieces of cloth. But there has to be some limits and taste. The norn female heavy T3 is just as skimpy, but it is done in a much more tastefull way.

Please Arena net, redesign that chest piece, just add a little more fabric to cover the horrible underboob. If not, please introduce some cool looking and elegant medium armor though the gem store. (The vyper armor does not count…)

EDIT: Adding a design proposal from a poster here so that it does not get lost.

Attachments:

(edited by IceVyper.6810)

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m sure the thousands of people who have already spent hundreds of gold and upwards of thousands of gems designing their looks around the gear would be perfectly content with your request to change its appearance and render all of their expenses void.

If it looks so ridiculous, why does every single human female medium seem to wear it?
And yes, the Viper armor counts.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

IceVyper.6810

Because there is nothing else available. Just because many people got the armor, it does not mean that others shouldn’t point out how ridiculous and tasteless it looks.

Auesis.7301

There are plenty of alternative looks achieved with mixing and matching.

Regardless of how you feel about it, you cannot just go and ask them to change the art of an established armorset because you don’t like it. Tons of other people do, and it’s not fair to put all of their gold and gems to waste for your personal taste. Ask for more armor, not a redesign.

I, for one, don’t find it tasteless. I like the design. If you want tasteless, check out the 30g bra for Scholars.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I wear female human medium T3 armor.

Archaic modesty beliefs aside, the armor just looks good. I would rage as much as the people in that “other” Human T3 thread if anyone changed it one bit.

After all, it’s not like your left breast falls out every time you jump. If it’s a personal religious belief, or if you simply don’t like having your “wares” on display, then there are alternatives. Not many, admittedly, but they’re there.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

If it looks so ridiculous, why does every single human female medium seem to wear it?

Excuse me, human medium wearer here.
Please indicate where you see T3 medium in these:

Attachments:

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Auesis.7301

Excuse me, human medium wearer here.
Please indicate where you see T3 medium in these:

Rephrase, almost every.

I am also a human medium wearer. 3 separate non-T3 sets.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

As long as it’s about providing more choices and options, and not taking away choices and options, then I’m all for it.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Do NOT change the armor. Many people like it the way it is, and changeing it now would be an outrage.
Adding new armor (not touching the already existing ones) is however a very good idea. Desperately need more armor that is not trenchcoats for ALL med users (not just human)

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

IceVyper.6810

This has nothing to do with religious nor archaic beliefs and no matter what you say it will not change the fact that this armor is tastless. If a minimal modification to the chest piece to cover up this unnecessary underboob will outrage the community, that only says a lot about the priorities of the said community.

But if people are so attached to their characters’ breasts hanging out from their armor, then it would be nice if arena net could introduce the option to select a more tastefull option at the cultural vendor.

When your options are to look like a nun or pure trash, there should be some middle ground.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

The armor looks great. The fact that almost every female thief/engineer/ranger wears it proves that it’s one of the most popular armor sets in the game and people love it.
You and couple of your friends don’t like it, thousands of others love it though.

IceVyper.6810

And the vyper armor does not count. It is bulky, unelegant and makes the character look twice as fat.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Krytan armor has an amazing chestpiece that isn’t a coat if you have a female humanoid character. Take note, some legging pieces will have this thin gap at the waist at the front.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Anet should “just” (because it can be a lot of work) add layers to armor pieces that can be showed or not. That way, those who want to cover their characters can and those who can be skimpy can too.

But it should be done a little bit better than what they did to Heavy Orrian (adding a pair of black panties which was probably done in less than 2 seconds).

notebene.3190

This has nothing to do with religious nor archaic beliefs and no matter what you say it will not change the fact that this armor is tastless. If a minimal modification to the chest piece to cover up this unnecessary underboob will outrage the community, that only says a lot about the priorities of the said community.

But if people are so attached to their characters’ breats hanging out from their armor, then it would be nice if arena net could introduce the option to select a more tastefull option at the cultural vendor.

When your options are to look like a nun or pure trash, there should be some middle ground.

Sure, more choices and options so everyone has something they enjoy without infringing on other people’s choices and options by removing existing items, or providing more items that some people might enjoy and others may not in the future.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. You don’t need this skin for anything. Just buy something you do like the looks of.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

IceVyper.6810

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. You don’t need this skin for anything. Just buy something you do like the looks of.

That is the point, there is nothing else available that is not a trench coat or looks decent. Pretty light armor sets are being released all the time. There is a vast selection of heavy armors as well. Yet the medium is always the same. Don’t get me started on the latest flame pirate outift from the gem store.

The human tier 3 female should have never had this design in the first place because it automatically alienates the majority of the female players.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I’m thinking most of you don’t get the point in this thread.

The biggest problem I have and share with OP is that it simply doesn’t live up to the quality I expect of a game. It’s not a stylistic choise, it simply is too far of what I expect a game should present to you. I can not support designers who willingly make you look like you’re working on a street corner.

A simple alteration to the armor would still leave it skimpy, but it’d remove the impure aspect of the armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

How do you know it is the majority of female players? That is an asumption.
You may find it tasteless but guess what. Not everyone in the world have your views on whats tasteless and not.

Then I will also note. Maybe it is just me, but what I think works and not is very different from real life.

Never remove or change already existing armors, least of all because of one person not liking it.
Add new armor, even reskins (just not of cultural), giving more options for everyone is a much better way to go about things.

I am with you on most med armor being trenchcoats is horrible and I really hate that too. But you are asking for the wrong thing. Ask for more diversity in new armor, not changes in armors that already are.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Auesis.7301

No. You don’t like it, don’t buy it and ask Arenanet to make more armor instead of trying to force them to change existing art.

More options, not more alterations.

My significant other plays this game almost as much as I do, and she has this skin on two of her characters. She loves it. People have different tastes.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Moderator)

IceVyper.6810

I’m thinking most of you don’t get the point in this thread.

The biggest problem I have and share with OP is that it simply doesn’t live up to the quality I expect of a game. It’s not a stylistic choise, it simply is too far of what I expect a game should present to you. I can not support designers who willingly make you look like you’re working on a street corner.

A simple alteration to the armor would still leave it skimpy, but it’d remove the impure aspect of the armor.

Thank you, this is all I wanted to show and I hope that the developers can see it.

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

My wife is trying to decide which medium armor user she is going to make just to use that skin.

Those that don’t like it are welcomed to their opinion, but changing the armor to your particular tastes is rather self absorbed.

Do you go into clothing retail stores and request that they change the style of clothes you don’t care for?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Existing amours that have been in the game since launch should not be changed for any reason
I also think it is kind of insulting of you to imply that medium armors either look like “pure trash” or a “nun”
I love my engi and she does not look like a nun tyvm.
I am a female player and I am not even slightly offended by a bit of under-boob- I wonder what you think of the amazing amount of side-boob in the light armors?

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

IceVyper.6810

No. You don’t like it, don’t buy it and ask Arenanet to make more armor instead of trying to force them to change existing art.

My significant other plays this game almost as much as I do, and she has this skin on two of her characters. She loves it. People have different tastes.

I am by no means prude, as you are not trash for liking this armor. If people want to look at underboobs, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can see that and more.

Also consider that people should not be kept away from the highest tier human medium amor just because someone decided to put in game a design that belongs in a 90’s sleazy magazine.

(edited by Moderator)

IceVyper.6810

Do you go into clothing retail stores and request that they change the style of clothes you don’t care for?

If the retail store was selling clothes that belong to an adult store, I would most definitely request that they change the design.

eekzie.5640

My wife is trying to decide which medium armor user she is going to make just to use that skin.

Those that don’t like it are welcomed to their opinion, but changing the armor to your particular tastes is rather self absorbed.

Not so much a choise in taste as far as style goes. More that I don’t feel right that a company would willingly advert this level of tackiness through the most expensive and on top of that prestigious armor.

I honestly don’t care about the armor. I find it ugly all together. That doesn’t mean the game should lower it’s standards to armor styles like those in Tera.

I totally agree there should be coquettish armor styles to choose from. But this kind of armor passes the flirtatiousness level and in itself is tasteless.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

I agree with you in how tasteless that chest piece is. But well, we shouldn’t judge other people for wanting to see a digital underboob while playing a videogame, eh?

I still find amusing that they didn’t change it early after release, just like they changed Arah heavy set for females.
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/12/Norn-OrrianSet-Heavy-Female.jpg)
So yeah, a fleshy boob in the Arah set was censored, but the 30g underboob in the human T3 wasn’t. And won’t be. So all you should ask for is new non-trench coat skins.

This is how my old ranger used to look:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/45172/126384895-4.jpg

Now with the krytan, magitech, vipers and aether sets you can create some cool looks. But buying a gem armor just for 1 piece is not worth it for me.

Bläck Dähliä

IceVyper.6810

Existing amours that have been in the game since launch should not be changed for any reason
I also think it is kind of insulting of you to imply that medium armors either look like “pure trash” or a “nun”
I love my engi and she does not look like a nun tyvm.
I am a female player and I am not even slightly offended by a bit of under-boob- I wonder what you think of the amazing amount of side-boob in the light armors?

The skimpy light armors have been done tastefully so far so there is nothing to compare.

Also FYI:

My human female elementalists has the tier 3 light armor.
My norn female guardian has the tier 3 heavy armor.
My norn female ranger will have the tier 3 medium armor.

All pretty skimpy armors but tastefully designed.

Auesis.7301

Not so much a choise in taste as far as style goes. More that I don’t feel right that a company would willingly advert this level of tackiness through the most expensive and on top of that prestigious armor.

I honestly don’t care about the armor. I find it ugly all together. That doesn’t mean the game should lower it’s standards to armor styles like those in Tera.

I totally agree there should be coquettish armor styles to choose from. But this kind of armor passes the flirtatiousness level and in itself is tasteless.

So don’t buy it. Request new skins. Do NOT request changes for existing skins. Your opinion is not the be-all, end-all of the discussion.

People can choose to wear the skin just like you can choose not to.

I love the delusion that cultural armor is in any way prestigious, too. Plus, as the gold->gem rate rises, gem store armor will soon be more expensive than the cultural armor.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Moderator)

notebene.3190

Also consider that people should not be kept away from the highest tier human medium amor just because someone decided to put in game a design that belongs in a 90’s sleazy magazine.

Well, the original sentiment in your response was nice, but then you do an about face in the second paragraph. “I’m not saying your trash, not at all. I’m just saying you look like you belong on the cover of a 90’s sleazy magazine.”

If the intention of the thread is about choices and options, I could get behind it. I don’t want you to have as your only option be to dress in something you are not comfortable wearing. In that respect, I hope they provide some more options that you find acceptably sexy that you aren’t embarrassed to dress your avatar in.

By the same token, I would hope you would respect that for over a year, many people also enjoy the existing T3 armor, and would object to having it changed.

As I would like to see people get more ‘modestly’ sexy outfits and non-sexy outfits, I would also expect there to be more crazy sexy outfits as well.

At first, I thought the thread was about choices and options, but it seems more like it’s an effort to push your values on other people, and I think that’s wrong.

The game has had all these things in it since release. We can all login, see what it is. If it’s not to our liking, we can choose not to play it. I wish the 2nd incarnation of Final Fantasy XIV wasn’t about the military industrial complex, forced group content, pidgeon holing classes and roles, and forcing those roles to only be allowed to use certain armor. Those were some ‘huge’ changes from the original that kept me away from it. I saw what they were doing, I didn’t like it, I elected not to play again.

Now, if you end up winning this battle, and mobilizing your efforts in such a way that you successfully petition Arenanet to enforce values that are more inline with you life choices upon the rest of us (much like was apparently done with the human female running animation without any sort of explanation behind closed doors), then I will be the one who has the choice to make.

(edited by Moderator)

Auesis.7301

You’re just being self-absorbed and inconsiderate to other people. Other people have spent considerable sums on creating their aesthetics. I don’t care how you feel about the taste of the armor. Existing skins should not change just because you’re a prude.

My significant other plays this game almost as much as I do, and she has this skin on two of her characters. She loves it. People have different tastes. Learn to accept that.

I am by no means prude, as you are not trash for liking this armor. If people want to look at underboobs, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you can see that and more.

It’s clear that you did not actually believe your first paragraph. You are insulting both my companion and I in your statements.

It has got to the point where you are totally oblivious to the notion of choice. You just want other people to conform to your morals, and you want to warp the game’s content to please you and only you. I’m done trying to reason with you people.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Zerole.7306

If the retail store was selling clothes that belong to an adult store, I would most definitely request that they change the design.

This pretty much sums up your position, and you can’t reason with an unreasonable person.

You have the right to object to and not support things you do not like, but you are trying to make these decisions for other people.

eekzie.5640

So don’t buy it. Request new skins. Do NOT request changes for existing skins. Your opinion is not the be-all, end-all of the discussion. The world does not revolve around you.

I love the delusion that cultural armor is in any way prestigious, too. Plus, as the gold->gem rate rises, gem store armor will soon be more expensive than the cultural armor.

Not buying it doesn’t solve the problem. Your ‘’do not request changes’’ is simply you feeling entitled. The armor change I viewed to you does not undermine the armor in any way. It simply removes the indecency.

You’re being too short sighted with thinking that it is simply a choice that is being made regarding this armor set of whether or not to buy it.
I already told you it is not. I will never get the armor set.

But the level of immaturity that is explicitely adhesive to the design of an underboob is one I do not wish to have in a high-standard game.

IceVyper.6810

People here are missing the point:

1) Introducing such tasteless high end armor piece should have never been done in the first place.

2) But the armor is here and many people have it. I am not saying it should be removed. I want a second option for the chest piece so that players that do not want trashy characters could still use the tier 3 armor.

3) I also want the equal amount of design energy to be spent on the medium armors as it is done on the light and heavy ones.

4) I am not enforcing my values to anyone, but when random people call me prude for stating the obvious, I must defend myself. There is no situation in life where a female purposely wearing an outfit showing underboob that can be called tastefull.

IceVyper.6810

So don’t buy it. Request new skins. Do NOT request changes for existing skins. Your opinion is not the be-all, end-all of the discussion. The world does not revolve around you.

Not buying it doesn’t solve the problem. Your ‘’do not request changes’’ is simply you feeling entitled. The armor change I viewed to you does not undermine the armor in any way. It simply removes the indecency.

You’re being too short sighted with thinking that it is simply a choice that is being made regarding this armor set of whether or not to buy it.

But the level of immaturity that is explicitely adhesive to the design of an underboob is one I do not wish to have in a high-standard game.

Very well said

Auesis.7301

Actually, it is you being entitled. You want a replacement to something already established and that lots of people want and like because you don’t like it. What you view as a simple indecency might be the drawing factor for a significant portion of people that buy it.

Ask for an alternative that you can buy and use, but do not ask for the original to be literally replaced with a new design. This is a rather simple concept.

My girlfriend is actually one of the mentioned examples of customers who bought the skin specifically because it was revealing and she liked her characters form fitting the gear, underboob included.

Again, it’s only your opinion that it is “indecent”. What you view as “indecent” is not the same as what other people think. You want to know what I label “indecent”? Go play Scarlet Blade, or just look at the website for more than 3 seconds.

Asking for variations is okay. Asking for replacements when people have already invested, no matter how small the change, is NOT okay.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

IceVyper.6810

I agree with you in how tasteless that chest piece is. But well, we shouldn’t judge other people for wanting to see a digital underboob while playing a videogame, eh?

I still find amusing that they didn’t change it early after release, just like they changed Arah heavy set for females.
(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/12/Norn-OrrianSet-Heavy-Female.jpg)
So yeah, a fleshy boob in the Arah set was censored, but the 30g underboob in the human T3 wasn’t. And won’t be. So all you should ask for is new non-trench coat skins.

This is how my old ranger used to look:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/45172/126384895-4.jpg

Now with the krytan, magitech, vipers and aether sets you can create some cool looks. But buying a gem armor just for 1 piece is not worth it for me.

This is what my thief looks like. A mix of many armors. My ranger got to inherit the rest of the magitec armor because I only liked the leg pieces.

I had no idea that the Arah armor was censored, but the change did indeed make the armor look better.

I would love to see more elegant medium chest pieces, that don’t make female characers look bulky or clumsy (like the vyper one does) or force a trenchcoat on you.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

1) Introducing such tasteless high end armor piece should have never been done in the first place.
2) But the armor is here and many people have it. I am not saying it should be removed. I want a second option for the chest piece so that players that do not want trashy characters could still use the tier 3 armor.
3) I also want the equal amount of design energy to be spent on the medium armors as it is done on the light and heavy ones.
4) I am not enforcing my values to anyone, but when random people call me prude for stating the obvious, I must defend myself. There is no situation in life where a female purposely wearing an outfit showing underboob that can be called tastefull.

The two bolded part directly contradict each other. You and few others in this thread claim it is tasteless and should be changed while more posters in this thread have claimed otherwise. Therefore you want Anet to change the armor based on your belief that it is tasteless. The last part of #4 is also a matter of opinion.
Point 2 will not happen, in my opinion, for the foreseeable future since they would also have to add a similar item to each tier of every race, otherwise they show favoritism which wouldn’t go over very well.
Point 3 I agree on the majority of med armor is simply some form of trench coat and they could be done better.

Nick.6972

People here are missing the point:

You do realize personal taste is subjective, don’t you.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Is it just underboob you don’t like? Or is cleavage just as bad? Because it’s still a portion of the breast displayed. Ideas of what is impure and acceptable are personal and subjective. I happen to find the hip area that is exposed on the Norn female T3 heavy (that you said is acceptable btw) to be much more tantalizing on a woman than her underboob. This is my personal feeling and in no way feel that the game should cater to my subjective opinion.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

IceVyper.6810

The two bolded part directly contradict each other. You and few others in this thread claim it is tasteless and should be changed while more posters in this thread have claimed otherwise. Therefore you want Anet to change the armor based on your belief that it is tasteless. The last part of #4 is also a matter of opinion.
Point 2 will not happen, in my opinion, for the foreseeable future since they would also have to add a similar item to each tier of every race, otherwise they show favoritism which wouldn’t go over very well.
Point 3 I agree on the majority of med armor is simply some form of trench coat and they could be done better.

There is a big difference. I am not imposing my opinion, I am stating it.

Let’s not forget that the game in the EU has a PEGI 12 rating. When the highest tier armor looks like that, what kind of message is being sent to those kids?

Nick.6972

And what kind of a message is being sent to those kids?
Don’t be so naive, kids at age of 12 have already seen it all.
Guild Wars 1 was no different.

IceVyper.6810

Is it just underboob you don’t like? Or is cleavage just as bad? Because it’s still a portion of the breast displayed. Ideas of what is impure and acceptable are personal and subjective. I happen to find the hip area that is exposed on the Norn female T3 heavy (that you said is acceptable btw) to be much more tantalizing on a woman than her underboob. This is my personal feeling and in no way feel that the game should cater to my subjective opinion.

It has to do with society’s perception of what is erotic. Cleavage is something perfectly normal (apart from certain extremes) while showing underboob atomatically becomes erotic and its presence is questionable in a PEGI 12 game.

I am not defending the norn T3 geavy, but the revealed hip area does not show more than the average lace tied bikini bottom that you can see on the beach. Underboobs however… how common are those?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I always thought the feathered set and the winged set to be far more suggestive
I dislike the starter light armor set so much I have bought t1 armors for lvl2 characters, simply because I don’t like looking at my own panties

The thing is some people love those sets – I don’t have to wear them

for you to take some kind of moral high ground and to imply that anyone who does not agree with you is tasteless is just silly.

As for the EU PEGI- I wasn’t aware that nudity was considered such a thing in Europe.

Gunnar’s Hold

Nick.6972

PEGI 12
Videogames that show violence of a slightly more graphic nature towards fantasy character and/or non graphic violence towards human-looking characters or recognisable animals, as well as videogames that show nudity of a slightly more graphic nature would fall in this age category.

Showing underboob is hardly a nudity.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

This is an impressively concise boiling down of the situation.

I might not care much for the armor design, but I don’t want to see them change it, because a lot of people have already purchased it and like it the way it is. So there’s an armor set I don’t care for; there are plenty of those, and plenty of alternatives. It might be a little shocking, depending on your sensibilities, but it’s not incontrovertibly indecent, and it’s certainly more tastefully designed than some other armor sets I could name.

As for the game being PEGI 12, if you find this to be a problem, you should probably take it up with the ratings authority. They reviewed the game, and while they labeled it (mildly) for language and violence, they looked at the sexual content in the game and decided it wasn’t even noteworthy. Heck, even the ESRB couldn’t care less about its suggestive content, and they labeled the game for Teens.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Posted by: Mist.6217

Mist.6217

There is a big difference. I am not imposing my opinion, I am stating it.

Let’s not forget that the game in the EU has a PEGI 12 rating. When the highest tier armor looks like that, what kind of message is being sent to those kids?

You’re trying to impose it by asking for a change to the armor. As others have said ask for additional armor not changes to current armor, this would be the more appropriate course of action if you didn’t want to impose your opinion.

As for the rating take that up with those that provide the rating. Your opinion and my opinion won’t affect said rating. Also if you have seen any of the junk celebrities wear and are blasted all over the internet and TV that armor set is very mild in comparison.

IceVyper.6810

And what kind of a message is being sent to those kids?
Don’t be so naive, kids at age of 12 have already seen it all.
Guild Wars 1 was no different.

Just because they have seen it all, it does not mean that it should be promoted.

I am impressed with this forum’s attachement to a digital underboob.

And again, I am not requesting the removal of this extremly tastless piece of armor nor trying to offend the people that bought it. I am questioning its existance in a supposedly high quality game. I am also asking for an optional more covered-up piece (like the one Eekzie uploaded) for the people that are not OK with this tasteless and over eroticized chest armor but still want to be able to wear a tier 3 set.

Zerole.7306

You read all these posts and still think we are defending a digital underboob?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

And again, I am not requesting the removal of this extremly tastless piece of armor nor trying to offend the people that bought it. I am questioning its existance in a supposedly high quality game.

You’re implying that the people who like the “extremely tasteless” armor have poor taste. Whether or not you’re trying to offend people, you have to realize that the way you’re expressing your feelings on the subject, you’re going to offend people. You’re not phrasing it as “I don’t like this armor,” or “I don’t feel comfortable with it.” You’re acting like it’s universally tasteless and trashy, and you’re implicitly insulting the people who like it.

It’s like saying “No offense, but your clothing tastes are awful.” Whether or not the armor is tasteless is a matter of opinion, but you’re arguing the case in a tactless way and insulting way.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~