Festive Imbider impossible for casual player

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fazz Um.1537

Fazz Um.1537

Why is the Festive Imbider so impossible to complete?
I assume this achievement (and title) will be locked after Wintersday…

Since the achievement is glorified with a title, but also essential in completing the collection Winter Pressence it is quite the wanted thing.

Paying ~1000gold for it is also impossible…

I remember the alcohol title in GW1 (drunkard I believe it was) and it was quite difficult to get.
No problem with difficult or time-consuming. Just make it possible…
To complete this in a couple of weeks is undoable for a family man with a busy job!

Either please don’t lock it with a timeframe or create an alcohol title outside of Wintersday. (Link a title to Thirst Slayer. For example: “Punch Spicer” or plainly “Alcoholic”)

I would have also liked to complete the Winter Presence collection, but that seems to be out of my league.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

We’ve noticed that you’ve had a few questions about Wintersday, and specifically about the Wintersday Presence Collection. We’d like to share the following info with you:

• Wintersday is scheduled to end on January 12, 2016.
  • We will be leaving the Festive Imbiber achievement active throughout the year.
  • We will not be able to change the text that indicates it’s a Wintersday-only achievement, but you will be able to continue to imbide (in moderation, please – think of the dolyak children!) to gain that achievement.

Enjoy the festival and we’ll see you in the game!

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Fazz Um.1537

Fazz Um.1537

Thanks!

That helps a lot! Hope the price for these alcoholics will be affordable after Wintersday, but this will at least help me complete the title.
Not so sure about the collection though. We’ll see.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Thanks!

That helps a lot! Hope the price for these alcoholics will be affordable after Wintersday, but this will at least help me complete the title.
Not so sure about the collection though. We’ll see.

You should not count on that.

There will be a huge reduction in supply once Wintersday is over. Meanwhile all the people who want the item or title will still need the drinks.

Posted by: MattStriker.7032

MattStriker.7032

Of course once presents can’t be easily farmed anymore, the supply is going to dry up, which means prices for the drinks are likely to skyrocket…

Simply put, extending it doesn’t make it a whole lot easier to achieve.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

You need to drink more than 300 per day while the event is going on to get the achievement done. If you’re not buying all you can from the TP, you won’t get it done.