Final Rest - Current Theories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brilling.6094

Brilling.6094

I think Taidha Covington is a very likely possibility. It is never ever completed on my server (SoR). I have an alt parked there and 99.9% of the time the event is stalled on killing the champion before Taidha. Plus, once you kill that champ, there is no guarantee the event will proceed, you may have to kill the pre champ multiple times before the event advances.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Yeah Taidha Covington is not as easy at it first appears either. Hint: the Abomination can walk through walls and you can’t. :P It took me awhile just to find the low level room the NPC’s were downed in. I was there for first time solo and when I died I saw someone run in and they died immediately.
I wish I hadn’t failed so badly so I could have gotten an idea for a strategy.
Anyway it was up and unfinished on Blackgate about an hour ago.
I think you guys are onto something with the ‘long’ timer events. It’s been in two dev posts thus far (the mention of a group running it once a day).
Going to check out the Font of Rhand and Tomb of Morlog, next chance I get.

EDIT: wouldn’t it be ironic if it was indeed in a mid-level map? They may not be so empty any longer if it turns out to be.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Taidha comes every time as long as you res the merchant. We’ve done it about 8 times now and without fail. It does take a good 15 minutes for them to come back with the ship though. The timer does seem long, although i’m not even sure how long. I never heave waited around for it to trigger again. FYI you can pull the whole champ pack to the top of the ship which makes fighting them a ton easier. Especially since you don’t have to worry about the adds.

I haven’t ever completed font of rhand so i’m unsure about that one.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Here’s my current theory. It has to be a long timer event, like megadestroyer or maybe even taida covington. Since we know the mega destroyer drops 2 named exotics, it’s less likely, but not out totally. There was also mention of the Tomb of Morlog, which may possibly have an event. I have serious doubts about Font of Rhand, but it’s worth mentioning.

Font of Rhand is seriously my last bet- it is a rare event and needs the meta completed to even be available and it is not often done.
It is also a pain to do, my guess it is very unlikely to have been farmed by 80’s

Gunnar’s Hold

Infernia.9847

I just looked up what Font of Rhand is. I did that mini dungeon long ago. I remember because there were five of us fumbling around without a clue.
On Blackgate it gets opened up quite a few times (been on my low lvl alt and saw it opened up multiple times).
I’ll see if I can’t bring my 80 ranger there later.

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

Just killed the Vet Risen Wraith in the Zho’Qafa Chain in Blackgate. If anyone wants to come feel free to.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

For what it’s worth:

I was thinking that if it’s a RARE event, then it may require an event or events to trigger, and maybe the event needed to trigger the rare event is the zone’s meta event.

Is there a list of events somewhere that can only be initiated upon finishing the zones’ meta events?

I don’t believe it’s Zho’Qafa, and I don’t think it’s Shadow Behemoth.

…and I don’t believe the level of the zone has much to do with it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

/e aluminum foil hat (tin is exotic, aluminum is ascended)

Here’s hoping it drops for someone before the update today. ;-)

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Well, although the patch is going to increase where it drops, I got bored (an insomnia) and comb through the entire thread up to the point where the dev said it was already mentioned. The ones without numbers are mentioned so many times, i didn’t bother keeping count. Others may not spawn the right chest, or a chest at all, but there was so much arguing, i didn’t know who to believe.

Zho’Qafa
Shadow Behemoth
Andarzbad – 1
Metrica Province’s Lab – 3
Temple of Lyssa
The Campaign Against Taidha Covington – 4
Devouring the Brand (in Iron marshes) – 2
Grenth
Champion Risen King – 2
Blood Witch in Lithan Lake – 1
Jungle Wurm – 4
Tequatl
Claw of Jormag
Steam Ogre (metrica Province) – 5
Fire Elemental – 5
The Viziers Tower – 5
Demagogue – 7
Flame Temple Tombs – 11
Megadestroyer – 9
Champion white Rabbit – 1
Barradin’s Crypts – 1
Vault in the Plains – 8
Ogre Assault – 1
Captain Rotbeard – 1
Force the Ancient Creature back into its Prison – 1
Queensdale (the book and the necro) – 2
Gort’s Pit – 3
Frozen Maw – 6
Champion Spider Queen – 1
Dwarven Key – 1
Forsaken halls – 4
Hydra Queen – 1
Tomb of Morios – 1
Bashing Banxite Alchemicals – 6
Mysterious Creature – 1
Harathi Highlands Dwayna Statue – 1
Ascalon City event – 1
Event near broken spite waypoint – 1
Plaza of last wisdom (poi) – 1
Beast SQ of corner of malchor’s leap – 1
Dynamic event in front of Abadda temple – 4
Grenth’s GY skill point (the asura near it) – 1
Lady Glaive – 1
Risen Acolyte leader in straits – 1
Lost stream – 4
Plaza of Lost wisdom – 2
Destroy the replicators (in straits) – 1

can a dev at least confirm that it is on this list?

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

a better idea would be to go back from where jeffrey said it was mentioned on this thread and list all of those before it

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

a better idea would be to go back from where jeffrey said it was mentioned on this thread and list all of those before it

i did. this is it.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

You know, I made a similar thread speculating on the whereabouts of Wings of Dwayna, but less than an hour after I posted, a mod moved it to “Players helping players.”

I don’t think it’s fair that final rest gets all the attention, while an equally obscure weapon gets ignored. Is it because no one likes longbows?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Infernia.9847

I think there should be attention given to all the rare/highly-unlikely-to-ever-drop items in the game.
I thought the Wings of Dwayna were a possible MF recipe that no one wants to chance throwing a gift away to find? Please correct me if I’m wrong as I was interested in this weapon as well.

I HOPE they keep the rare drops tied to specific bosses/events/chains. If they drop from just any splendid chest then where’s the fun in that? I like the treasure hunt aspect of this. <— Just an opinion

Posted by: dimentox.6019

dimentox.6019

We just got it available to us in spvp…

BUT it has a bug…
Gargyole staff doesn’t present skills to the player in pvp.

So more than likely yes its never been found.. MIght start dropping now though

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

We just got it available to us in spvp…

BUT it has a bug…
Gargyole staff doesn’t present skills to the player in pvp.

So more than likely yes its never been found.. MIght start dropping now though

this seems very fishy, imho.

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

How is it obtained in sPvP tho?

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Was watching my guild leader’s TwitchTV stream … this is what I saw.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Okay, the case is solved. Time to farm behe to death.

Leman

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Picture looks legit. Congrats on the find.

leman.7682

It just was bought from TP for 6g. This thing is going to be super cheap.

Leman

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

HAHA, so it seems A.net was indeed BS’ing the whole time – no big surprise given their track record lately.

NO WAY in h-e-double hockey sticks was this thing already properly in the loot table in-game – dropped from Shadow Behemoth? REALLY?

Yeah, sure, because nooobooody would have gotten that as a drop yet, all the times that thing has been killed since launch.

Yet coincidentally, the staff is “available” in PvP as of today’s patch.

I’m sure some people spent an inordinate amount of time looking for this, but thank God I didn’t; I just figured A.net was full of crap as usual. Just another case of their employees not knowing wtf they’re talking about?

Sources:
1) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Final-Rest-obtained-in-sPvP/first#post1520880
2)https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Nice-no-skills-on-this-staff/first#post1521472

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

leman.7682

Well, behe was broken like most of the game for most of the time after the release, you know…

But I agree, this was an utter bullkitten, thing was bugged all the time. Final Rest is officially going to be a new Wisteria.

Leman

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Does seem kind of fishy that the 1st day after “updated drop tables from large chests” go live… an item that wasn’t in game for almost 7 months would be found…

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The event was bugged for the longest time. Once again, the assumption that ArenaNet screwed up and that was the reason no-one was finding it (Behemoth was unable to be completed 95% of the time on my server) is the answer to the problem.

On the bright side, lots of people did lots of obscure events in the hunt for this thing. Hopefully ArenaNet learned that if people want something they are willing to run unique content to complete it. I can see a lot of potential doing scavenger hunts for item pieces (staff kittenhead/essence etc) from different events (all soulbound with decent drop chances) to be combined to create exotic weapons which actually have a story behind them instead of inane lodestone and ecto grinds.

Posted by: VorZorV.5127

VorZorV.5127

Wow. Anyone else able to confirm this?

If true, people are gonna be pretty dismayed. To put as much effort as some of the players on here to only find out that yes, Final Rest was bugged all along and you wasted your time…not cool. Wish the devs would have been a bit more forthcoming about this, especially if this is legit and the staff isn’t so rare and has become yesterday’s news.

Idolicious.6091

The event was bugged for the longest time. Once again, the assumption that ArenaNet screwed up and that was the reason no-one was finding it (Behemoth was unable to be completed 95% of the time on my server) is the answer to the problem.

Fact remains that across ALL the different servers, ALL the server resets (fixing the broken/stuck events), time passed since launch (6+ MONTHS…MONTHS), event farming, etc. etc. that ONE person would have obtained it by now. ONE.

I choose not to believe A.Nets bullshiz; whether you do or not is your own choice, but I tend to think their track-record as of late speaks for itself.

:)

leman.7682

Ye, it’s been few times on the TP already, one now for 2500g. The guy probably doesn’t get that it isn’t worth anywhere near that much right now after we found out where it drops.

Leman

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

the guy who put it in tp for 2500 gold will waste his tax deposit :P

Attachments:

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

2500g on the Trading Post.

What a waste of 100g listing fee.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: Galv.6130

Galv.6130

Had it drop about 45 minutes ago.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Meh, was more fun when it was a hunt, and if it was truly ultra rare, maybe one person would have found it eventually, and then for it to remain exceedingly rare.

Seems now some internal fix was done, they will start peppering up a lot more, and without even any particle effects, the staff will not become that noteworthy or desirable.

Idolicious.6091

Meh, was more fun when it was a hunt, and if it was truly ultra rare, maybe one person would have found it eventually, and then for it to remain exceedingly rare.

Not to mention I’m sure many people spent countless hours looking for this thing, either for personal use or profit. I mean, just look at this thread, hehe.

For A.Net to string people along this whole time, when it was clearly bugged, is just messed up. Maybe they figured if they told people it wasn’t dropping then some people would just stop playing because they had nothing else to do, lol. I dunno. But they HAD to know it wasn’t dropping, I just can’t believe otherwise when there have been at least 2 A.Net responses to this particular staff. Either that or it’s like I said earlier, just another case of them not knowing wtf they’re talking about. Pick your poison, each ‘choice’ is not a very appealing one indeed (bold-face lying/pure employee incompetence and laziness).

Posted by: Darkbridger.6705

Darkbridger.6705

I can confirm Shadow Behemoth… got one about 20 minutes ago… in fact, there were two that dropped on my server.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

If you find it sell it while buy orders are still high. This thing will crash like all the rest of the exotics dropping like candy from boss chests today.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

Well well, it’s finally been found. There’s been a few on the TP today. One currently for 2500g.

One can’t help but be curious that after all these months, it’s finally found on a big patch day.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I didn’t get a Final Rest today – and I’d still be tickled to get one – but I did get my best drop ever: celestial dye. Yay.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Um, this is suspicious. Either the drop rate was always bugged and it was fixed today after all the hype going on about it or the drop rate was increased with the chest update. =\

Lame ending for such a huge mystery.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Um, this is suspicious. Either the drop rate was always bugged and it was fixed today after all the hype going on about it or the drop rate was increased with the chest update. =\

Lame ending for such a huge mystery.

Thing is, the wurm event dropped the vine focus in that time. The human starting area is by far the most popular starting area in the game.

Two things could explain why it took so long. One is that this event was bugged on most servers since launch until very recently. The second is the wurm event is right outside of TA where a lot of level 80s wait for groups. The shadow behemoth is a long way away from CM and so there would be less level 80s mingling there.

Either way, a bug was a major factor as to why it wasn’t found for so long, and that is disappointing.

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

Glad to see it found finally.

That said, thanks for nothing ANet…lots of blatant lies(or at the very least unknowledgeable people working there).

There is just NO way that this staff randomly decides to drop 2+(sounds like 3 or more now actually) times in the space of a few hours after this latest patch that fixes loot tables. NO WAY AT ALL.

This was bugged from the beginning. You guys could have just said so and left it at that.

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

I still want to believe somthing comes form Catacombs, that chest is so out of the way and huuuuuuuge~!. Glad people are finally getting it, and its from an appropriate event yays~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

Idolicious.6091

Two things could explain why it took so long. One is that this event was bugged on most servers since launch until very recently…

Either way, a bug was a major factor as to why it wasn’t found for so long, and that is disappointing.

I never had any issues with this event (not that I really went out of my way to do it) on my server. I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is even a potential reason for it never having dropped. I have completed the event several times with no issue across several characters, perhaps some servers had issues, yes – but even still, do you really think that with the amount of server maintenance (causing events to reset), updates forcing server resets, and all other instances where events got reset server-wide, that this kitten thing would not have dropped at least one time? Come on. A.Net will never take fault for this mind you, they’ll blame it on crappy RNG or something. Maybe you didn’t have enough Magic Find!

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I can confirm – 3 people in my guild got it from Shadow Behemoth today.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

There’s nothing I can say that will change any minds—but I did say that the staff had an extremely low drop rate, and we did just boost the odds of rare items appearing at the end of large events. Congrats to those who got one!

Idolicious.6091

There’s nothing I can say that will change any minds—but I did say that the staff had an extremely low drop rate, and we did just boost the odds of rare items appearing at the end of large events. Congrats to those who got one!

I guess zero technically is “extremely low” in the mathematically world, eh? At least in A.net standards…lulz.

There’s nothing I can say that will change any minds

QFT!

I can confirm – 3 people in my guild got it from Shadow Behemoth today.

Well that’s just pure lollerskates. They must have boosted “the odds” by around x10000000000000000000000000000!

Nowait. 0 × 10000000000000000000000000000 = still 0. Ah hell, I give up.

Posted by: Araito.5869

Araito.5869

I want an exact number please. Because if it wasn’t .000000000000000000001% I won’t be satisfied. Besides, what harm could come from saying that it’s drop chance is now set at 1.2%

I’m just curious as to what the number was set to before hand.

Idolicious.6091

Come on. A.Net will never take fault for this mind you, they’ll blame it on crappy RNG or something. Maybe you didn’t have enough Magic Find!

Just wanted to say that:

1. I told you so.
2. I called it.
3. Etc.

:P

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

So i guess shadow behemoth theory was right
Case closed :P
How long did that take 6 months? 3?

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I was right about Shadow Behemoth

#yolo

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i’m happy we finally know where to find one, i cannot wait till i get my chances.

now, what will be the next scavenger hunt?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

same themasked
I still wonder why it didn’t drop?
because it was bugged for 3 months probs?