Finished with the Revenant? Please move on..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Driften.8716

Driften.8716

Now that we have heard nothing but updates for the Revenant (slowly… creeping…) for each weapon set/ legends they have been getting for the last 2 months; can we please work on some other classes? The Elite Specialization is out of the bag, lets move on. I am tired of hearing almost all updates on this game being nothing but Revenant news when you have other classes that are out of balance and stripped since the last major patch. We are waiting on the not yet released elites to explain the gaps in our current game play. We are trying to put faith in the developers to balance our metas but it is seriously being dragged out.

A good chunk of us have no intention of playing a Revenant and don’t care. Others were slightly interested but now are burned out on it only after the 1st beta weekend because again that’s all we hear about. But now I think for the next 2-3 weeks we will only hear about the Revenant and the release of it’s underwater weapons/abilities. I can only wait to hear about an under water legend of the fierce Quagin Dora…. Maybe the week after we will hear about what the Revenant had for lunch that day?

If you are going to drag out updates till launch than give us some lore, give us some glimpses into the new lands, monsters, challenges if they cannot be class based releases.

Also some rogue acknowledgement would be nice. All mage Elites have been revealed and 1st week beta tested. 2 Heavy armor classes have been released now (Guardian and Revenant), however rogue classes have been totally ignored. Engineers and Thieves have had nothing officially talked about them. The Thief board is blowing up between factions of people wanting either staves or rifles under speculation of data mining beta files. And the poor Ranger was the first Specialization even mentioned (Druid) but now seems to have been taken back by Anet as they have not been talked about it since and were not playable in the 1st beta weekend. Since it was announced the Druid has had no skill/trait workup or talked about.

Simply putting it, Anet you are alienating a sizable chunk of your audience to push a class you are putting all your hope in to sell expansion copies. It makes me regret pre-ordering.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

The remaining Elite Specializations will be revealed once they have a bug-free enough build for it to demonstrate on a Points of Interest livestream.

That is how they have revealed them so far, and it is how I expect them to reveal the remaining ones, so patience is the key. There is only so much left of 2015.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It hasn’t only been Revenant.

It’s also been pointless PvP tourneys.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Simply putting it, Anet you are alienating a sizable chunk of your audience to push a class you are putting all your hope in to sell expansion copies. It makes me regret pre-ordering.

Yes, it’s all part of their elaborate plan to run their own company into the ground.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Speak for yourself, I welcome all the revenant news and greatly look forward to playing it again next beta. That’s not to say I don’t want druid news desperately (I do), but revenant is the next thing after druid I am looking forward to.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Revenant is the only information I actually wanted, other than Engineer, so I am totally on board with them concentrating fully on that class.

In all seriousness, though, obviously they’ll move on. Have they been lingering on any of the other classes after their reveals? They’ve told us everything we need to know, other than underwater, though I don’t expect anything much to come of that, so it’s done. They have no choice but to move on, whether you want them to or not.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

A good chunk of us have no intention of playing a Revenant and don’t care.

I have no interest or intention in playing an Engineer, Warrior, Thief or Ranger.

Does that mean I’m allowed to say that Anet should stop focusing on these classes and show me the classes i do want to play?

Tl;dr – Anet aren’t showing me what I want to see, how dare they!

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

A good chunk of us have no intention of playing a Revenant and don’t care.

I have no interest or intention in playing an Engineer, Warrior, Thief or Ranger.

Does that mean I’m allowed to say that Anet should stop focusing on these classes and show me the classes i do want to play?

Of course you’re allowed to say that, it’s just that they won’t do that, because that’s silly.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I would have preferred to hear about other elite specs before that of the rev. However, it’s a gross exaggeration to suggest that we haven’t heard about anything else. In particular, the recent BWE allowed us to play elite specs on guardian, mesmer, necro, and ele and didn’t allow us to play the Herald.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Thief and Engie info next plz. Oh and Thief is getting Rifle right Anet? :-)

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

It doesn’t surprise me that there’s been a lot of work, fixing, and tuning on the revenant. It’s a class being built from the ground up, which takes a lot more work than simply adding in an elite spec, as they basically have to tune more than one simple spec, but six, and make sure their balance works well enough.

It won’t be perfect, but the more issues they fix before launch, the fewer issues, especially game breaking ones, they have to fix later.

Though yeah, I want to see the elite spec info for the remaining classes as well. Tempest, Chronomancer, Reaper and Dragonhunter were fun to experiment with.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Please stop.

And on topic look on the right side revenant is practically done so now I just have to wait for my engie elite spec and druid information. I’ll wait patiently sits and watches screen

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

It’s better to slowly introduce everything. You prefer they show us everything 2 months ago then show nothing til release? Just be patient. Warrior thief and engineer are coming

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Please stop.

And on topic look on the right side revenant is practically done so now I just have to wait for my engie elite spec and druid information. I’ll wait patiently sits and watches screen

No.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

Posted by: Ampa.2749

Ampa.2749

As soon as I heard Guardian would get a longbow, I crafted an ascended one and have it waiting in my bank account. Revenant beta did not impress me. But I loved the longbow on the Guardian during HoT Beta Weekend. I’m ready.

Get it done.

Guardian, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Thief, Necro

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

as a lot of people have said this is an immature complaint, and I would love to see proof that no one cares about Rev when the rev forum is very active. Can i see how and where you found those facts? that would be great thanks.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Remember the Revenant was designed with the Elite Spec in mind, it was built from the ground up with all the funtionality and design niche’s sorted out – in short it was probably easier to do. There may be a bit of “promote the new class” here but ANY Elite Spec is also exclusive to HoT anyway so they would be HoT promotion too.

I can totally understand the frustration of the classes waiting though, hope your new specs are as fun as Chrono.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it took them few weeks on Revenant alone. hmmmm… and i have a feeling they still haven’t figured out the elite specs for the remaining classes…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Please also remember this is a brand new class. I know you may not be super into it but revenant overall needs the most beta testing, feedback, and balancing as it is new. They need this class balanced and ready at launch, while every other class is already made and just balancing ele spec.

For example revenant had a lot of issues in beta. Dragonhunter, reaper, chronomancer, and tempest for the most part were pretty good. Be patient, you’ll still see it before release.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The remaining Elite Specializations will be revealed once they have a bug-free enough build for it to demonstrate on a Points of Interest livestream.

That is how they have revealed them so far, and it is how I expect them to reveal the remaining ones, so patience is the key. There is only so much left of 2015.

So I guess that means rangers will never get their druid reveal….

I’m joking of course….or am I?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

No, thief is getting a war horn and is going to be called the “Shadow Caller.”