First 3 HOT legendaries revealed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sizer.3987

Sizer.3987

That staff has a severe lack of rainbows. Hopefully they get on that and add more before it launches.

Odd that pistol and axe are the next two (i expected hammer or GS), but the pistol looks cool, if only mesmers had a real use for one it would go great with bolt.

80 Mesmer – Yaks Bend

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

I imagine when you swing that staff, the bird poops will splash everywhere. It’s so gross! LMAO

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I would so love a One handed Sword with Astralaria’s visual effects.

So beautiful, the deep blue is much nicer than twilight.

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

The Staff looks really cool… when sheathed. The blue energy raven is too much, I was hoping for something a bit more muted.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Disappointment ensues.

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

People who didn’t catch it, Rubi said in reddit that there will be a guild cast this Friday about Legendaries.

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

I love how this new grind system works… Less reason for me to buy expansion now. I will wait for $10 sale.

The BG Super Munster!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That staff has a severe lack of rainbows. Hopefully they get on that and add more before it launches.

Odd that pistol and axe are the next two (i expected hammer or GS), but the pistol looks cool, if only mesmers had a real use for one it would go great with bolt.

You expected another GS even though there are already 3 GS vs 1 of everything else?

Posted by: Tuthan.3250

Tuthan.3250

You expected another GS even though there are already 3 GS vs 1 of everything else?

As a GS lover, I expect there should be more GS legendary skin in game. Nothing wrong with that!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

As a GS lover, I expect there should be more GS legendary skin in game. Nothing wrong with that!

There’s already 4 of them. Twilight, Sunrise, Eternity and Belinda’s Greatsword. #4 being the best.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

At first I was I was really excited about seeing the first new legendaries, I still am excited about the axe and pistol to a certain extent. The staff, however, lost its points in my eyes when I found out it was something that had been datamined from the game years ago… I was expecting all of the legendaries to be brand new and made from scratch, not something that was made years ago and now decided to be slapped into the game together with the expansion with some minor tweaks to it or as it was.

Eh, I’m being a bit too nitpicky but the new legendaries were one of the reasons I’m getting HoT, so it struck to me as Anet taking the easy way out on one of the legendaries by using some old skin that was gathering dust godknowswhere.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Eh, I’m being a bit too nitpicky but the new legendaries were one of the reasons I’m getting HoT, so it struck to me as Anet taking the easy way out on one of the legendaries by using some old skin that was gathering dust godknowswhere.

I wouldn’t think of it like that. They’ve wanted to revamp the legendary acquisition system for a long time, they said long ago they intended to bring us new legendaries. So they must have had some people start working on those before realizing they weren’t ready to debut new legendaries given what else they wanted to do with the system.

Thus it’s not a random skin they pulled out of storage, it’s a dedicated piece of art that is finally seeing the light of day for its intended purpose

That’s probably why it isn’t a melee style staff, in fact, it was likely designed before they were thinking about Revenants and Daredevils.

I’ll still take Bifrost before Nevermore thanks to my own personal aesthetic preferences (unless the Nevermore effects look reaaaal pretty in action, we’ll see on Friday), but art being old doesn’t reduce the merits of the art. … then again, I am partial to Beethoven symphonies and don’t object that the orchestra is dusting off some ancient thing instead of playing something written last month, so my thinking may be skewed.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

At first I was I was really excited about seeing the first new legendaries, I still am excited about the axe and pistol to a certain extent. The staff, however, lost its points in my eyes when I found out it was something that had been datamined from the game years ago… I was expecting all of the legendaries to be brand new and made from scratch, not something that was made years ago and now decided to be slapped into the game together with the expansion with some minor tweaks to it or as it was.

This is one of the pettiest things I’ve ever read on this forum, and that’s an achievement.

It’s your own fault for looking at datamined stuff- a lot of things were probably mocked up early in development and have been waiting to be implemented for years, for whatever reason. That staff has just as much work and care (probably more, given how harried Anet has been this past year) put into it as anything made “from scratch” since. I seriously don’t understand how you can consider something old or “dusty” when it’s actual months from ever getting into a player’s hands.

In other news, I’m looking forward to unveiling my The Birds themed ranger at some point in the next couple of years- Nevermore, Falconer’s Coat, dual pet birds, raven mini/mail carriers, a full set of Mad King runes, and Hunter’s Call spam for days…

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

I wouldn’t think of it like that. They’ve wanted to revamp the legendary acquisition system for a long time, they said long ago they intended to bring us new legendaries. So they must have had some people start working on those before realizing they weren’t ready to debut new legendaries given what else they wanted to do with the system.

Thus it’s not a random skin they pulled out of storage, it’s a dedicated piece of art that is finally seeing the light of day for its intended purpose

That’s probably why it isn’t a melee style staff, in fact, it was likely designed before they were thinking about Revenants and Daredevils.

I’ll still take Bifrost before Nevermore thanks to my own personal aesthetic preferences (unless the Nevermore effects look reaaaal pretty in action, we’ll see on Friday), but art being old doesn’t reduce the merits of the art. … then again, I am partial to Beethoven symphonies and don’t object that the orchestra is dusting off some ancient thing instead of playing something written last month, so my thinking may be skewed.

Hmm, well when you put it like that I can understand why they now used the skin that was datamined to ‘exist’ at least somewhere in their datafiles, now it’ll become more of a unique skin in a sense when people really have to do some work for it.
And in fact no, your thinking isn’t skewed rather it is how people’s minds work, mine too except in this case I just didn’t see it that way since I only now saw the datamined video of Nevermore and jumped into own hasty conclusions.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Making the new Legendarys requires PvP, now I know I don’t need to even bother with it.

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Making the new Legendarys requires PvP, now I know I don’t need to even bother with it.

Except they stated that the items obtainable through PvP/WvW will be tradeable, thus you can still keep on doing PvE only and buy the PvP things from TP.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Omg the pistol

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Except they stated that the items obtainable through PvP/WvW will be tradeable, thus you can still keep on doing PvE only and buy the PvP things from TP.

Yep you’re right, it’s tradable, I had to go back and reread it Shards of Glory, no way I would ever PvP. Thanks

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Considering that we were supposed to be getting new legendaries in 2013, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was designed back then before they decided to lock said legendaries behind a paywall.

Dyvor Kurozu.4893

Yep you’re right, it’s tradable, I had to go back and reread it Shards of Glory, no way I would ever PvP. Thanks

No Problem, tbh I was a bit worried at first of the PvP and WvW aspect, also the fact that we don’t know exactly how much will we need of the Shards of Glory as an example and how much will players put value onto them (like will they be new Foxfire Clusters or Giant Eyes), either way it’s still good they’re not account bound and gives a chance for PvPers to make more money out of their reward tracks.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Anything that has a bird on it is a win.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

pistol that doesn’t look like troll toy….ommmgghfgghkgjsdgklhdfsghhmnnnggggg must have

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The bows really need different legendary skins. Rainbow unicorns and flowers don’t cut it.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

The staff is good, save for the glowing effect. Make it more like mist, swirling feathers/leaves or crimson and I’ll get behind it.

The axe… is an axe…

The pistol looks alright, but not fond of the colour.

Either way, I’ll probably never get any of them considering I still have a hard time holding onto 10 gold…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Please tell me the PvE items will be tradeable

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Is it just me that felt uncomfortable to the effect on arm? Whats if it is fire or icy effect that looks like your arm is burning or frozen?

Look at the legendary staff, there are raven feathers growing out of the user’s arm… it is not my taste really.

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

really expected a melee staff but it looks like its just another caster staff. I’m gonna play a rev and a daredevil with staff so much disappoint

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Isnt guild wars focused around pvp? I have no idea why people hate fighting players and prefer fighting computer AI… Will always blow my mind

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

These look bad and show a general lack of ideas. Maybe anet should finally let the community design weapons again.

Posted by: inactivehyperaddict.6759

inactivehyperaddict.6759

What i like about the new legendary staff is its reference to edgar allan poe’s poem the raven, i was thinking that ive heard the word before somewhere and thanks to google for confirmation that it was the only word that the raven says in the poem, pretty epic imo so im def. Gonna be getting it, but the gift req.s are a bit confusing i dont wanna be forced to pvp just so i can make one...wvw i can handle but forced pvp is like putting a bad taste in my mouth-_-...

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Axe is very cool, like the idea and shape a lot, sadly im not really that much of an axe user.. would go to waste to make it at this point, pistol is a win for me, love the zappy gun theme going on, seems a-net remembered for once they got engineers who use firearms, i certainly gonna make this beast, staff is too busy with the spirit, not ugly but certainly not on my list for crafting.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

New Staff is Mad King/Necromancer themed-we do have a share of good Necro-type Staves (though I assume there will be animations.) The Bi-Frost is more attractive for “regular” mage types. It also doesn’t fit the Druid/Ranger that well (regardless raven) though it may, depending character concept.

I like the new pistol way more than the Quip (no offense!), especially for an Asura Engineer or Pact pistol user.

The Axe is “weird” except my Charr Ranger is Iron Legion, and it would perfectly fit his character concept (tech/watchwork-axe… not adoring the effect it has on your arm, though, which I assume is everybody else’s appeal for it.)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Isnt guild wars focused around pvp? I have no idea why people hate fighting players and prefer fighting computer AI… Will always blow my mind

Same as I assume PvE players have no idea why you hate going on adventures slaying monsters, discovering treasures, exploring, and solving mysteries, while assisting fellow teammates/adventurers.

And yet some players can do both, no prob., without the need to criticize or belittle each “faction” for their playing preferences.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

i quite like the look of the axe, i have sort of being working towards frostfang but depending what the skill effects turn out to be i could easily be swayed to this new one.

pistol looks more like a rifle to me and i dont like the staff.

oh well cant please everyone but still 1/3 with 13 more to go is not too bad… cant wait to see the rest

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I really H.O.P.E I get the pistol first XD

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

“Just save both your gifts” they said. “They’ll have new and even better-looking weapons when HoT comes” they said. “Eternity’s great, but I’m sure there’ll be something even cooler”.

Community members, please. Not to disrespect the fine, sexy people from ArenaNet’s art department who probably spent endless hours creating those three beauties, cause, let’s face it, they’re anything but ugly, but come on, a weapon that looks better than Eternity? Absolute heresy.

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

I really H.O.P.E I get the pistol first XD

Tyria’s Comedy Award Of The Year.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

no stat information what so ever at all . sigh meaning not even worth bothering with at all. till stat info comes to light in the mean time just keep money in the bank and enjoy the game . and make more game money .

Stats? They are legendary! They can change stats….

Posted by: Shalien.9018

Shalien.9018

That big blue raven kills it for quite a few players. ANet please let us dye weapons & let that staff’s blue light be dye-able.

Shalien Ascendant [SL]
Sanctum of Rall
Check out our Recruitment Video

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Also having a legendary effect going up to the arm is not something I expected and is pretty unique.

Not really new. Frostfang gives you an icy effect on your arms, and i think Incinerator
has a similiar fire effect.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

Opinion: The new staff is fantastic, the axe is nice, and the pistol is unimpressive

I bet the pistol will be more interesting once we see its animations though

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

Please for the love of god, the staff better give footprints when walking!!

Posted by: lichtquant.1490

lichtquant.1490

… yes, and they will be shaped like bird-foodprints …

Just kidding :P

While I like the revealed design to a certain extent, I really hope they will add more martial skins for the other legendaries.
As some user said on page 1: just try for “male”, or more martial designs.
Maybe go into some museum of medieval art and actually have a look at them weapons…

I don’t wanna wield something, which also could be found in a womans handbag or be a prop for some circus clown

Oni Ma Gon/Zepharion/Slonjeh/Niphdanoq/Sarodakh/Ghinsondir/Shoniistav/Vauh Konstanth
You Are Crowfood Now [KRAA]

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Any pistol is better than the clown skin they have now.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Oh, the horrors of code if legendaries could be colored.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

I was excited about the staff… ravens, sweet! It’ll match my reaper…

Until…

I saw it being held and there was that blue light…

nope.jpg

Why not the colour scheme from the reaper’s shroud?

All I want is a dark, brutally metal staff with awesome effects for my necro. That’s all I want for Wintersday, Anet. ;_;

See, I was thinking that it should be able to be dyed and the aura being matched to the dye colour.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

H.O.P.E. is the first legendary I like, since ever. I’m so sad is not a rifle.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

Imagine the staff had like tiny baby Ravens following behind you as footprints and when you stopped moving all of them would take to the air and start flying in an ominous circle above you.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Imagine the staff had like tiny baby Ravens following behind you as footprints and when you stopped moving all of them would take to the air and start flying in an ominous circle above you.

That would be cool, yes.
I want a finisher like that actually.