Fix Black Lion Chests / BL Tickets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

So we understand you want to increase key sales but making them not able to be farmed wasn’t the fix.

-We don’t want to spend 100s of dollars trying to get scraps only to get mounds of boosters + minis we have to throw away because for some reason they are account bound and not mystic forge-able.
-The outcome of a scrap or full ticket is very low. Needing 10 scraps with the odds very low to even get one results in the keys not being worth it to purchase. Needing less scraps would = more sales. Or if the odds were higher = more sales. (Example – Guaranteed 1 scrap + 2 random items = worth buying)
-Putting more RNG into an RNG box is horrendous. We get mini eggs that give us something random (with great chance to get something you already have) and unidentified dyes that usually render a blue-grade worth 1 silver.
-Teleport to a Friend item is simply stupid.

Either fix the Black Lion Chest contents or reduce the price of the keys.

Thank you!

Also please, other players add to what you feel could improve the BL Key / Chest experience! Try to keep it as constructive as possible. THX

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Ya i really feel this change will be bad for the overall ingame economy, except for those who have been hording the skins. Just seems like a blatant cash grab.(i know its a business, but still) Would be nice to atleast have the stuff be sellable instead of accountbound.

Lets just hope if they don’t revert the changes that atleast the increase of key drops in game is actually significant, so the change isnt a big deal . . .but i doubt it.

CandyHearts.6025

Ya i really feel this change will be bad for the overall ingame economy, except for those who have been hording the skins. Just seems like a blatant cash grab.(i know its a business, but still) Would be nice to atleast have the stuff be sellable instead of accountbound.

Lets just hope if they don’t revert the changes that atleast the increase of key drops in game is actually significant, so the change isnt a big deal . . .but i doubt it.

Knowing where and how they drop would of been great to add to the patch notes.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Black Lion Chests are first and foremost Gem Shop samplers. Tickets and scraps are the highly desired rares and uncommons from CCG booster packs.

Not all BLC rewards are of equal weighting in the RNG reward table. Adding an item doesn’t necessarily means another item will drop less frequently.

UniDyes are rather difficult to get since the wardrobe update. There are virtually no way of getting set 1-3 minis.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Of course this is a cash grab. They’ve been doing stuff like this for the past 2 years. They say they care about the game, but I’ve seen no evidence of that in a long time. However, seen tons of ridiculously greedy cash grabs like this.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Looking at the loot available from Black Lion Chests I would like to see some of the more less-rewarding items be removed, others merged, and an increase of quantity of other drops to make it at the very least a bit less disheartening when receiving these.

Remove the following:

• Boost Enchantment Powder
  • Beast, Forest, and Furniture Mystery Tonics (the ones that come in quantities of 10)
  • Tome of Knowledge
  • Large Guild Discovery
  • Medium, Large, and Heavy Crafting Bags
  • Endless Monkey King Tonic
  • All Boosters except the Heroic Booster.

Merge the following:

Increase Quantity the following:

• Unidentified Dye to 3-5 per stack (up from 1-2)
  • Transmutation Charge to 5 per stack (up from 1)

I’m sure more can be done to improve the BLC contents, and the removal of highly unwanted items and a possible merger of others would be a good start to make BLC more rewarding. Just a suggestion, feel free to criticize or bounce more ideas around.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I pretty much don’t buy keys because the wide variety of garbage that’s in them (outside of super crazy discount sales like during Anniversary). Getting booster, booster, repair canister is a kick in the balls. Every time I’ve bought keys with gems I’ve ended up regretting not just selling the gems and buying what I wanted off the auction house.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

CandyHearts.6025

Looking at the loot available from Black Lion Chests I would like to see some of the more less-rewarding items be removed, others merged, and an increase of quantity of other drops to make it at the very least a bit less disheartening when receiving these.

Remove the following:

• Beast, Forest, and Furniture Mystery Tonics (the ones that come in quantities of 10)
  • Tome of Knowledge
  • Large Guild Discovery

Merge the following:

I’m sure more can be done to improve the BLC contents, and the removal of highly unwanted items and a possible merger of others would be a good start to make BLC more rewarding. Just a suggestion, feel free to criticize or bounce more ideas around.

These are wonderful ideas! I like it very much!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Ironically fine with the scrap drop rate, the current chest selections are definitely lacking right now but they rotate which is what makes some chests more fun then others. But that doesn’t mean the current steps make sense.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

My fix:

1 – Remove chests/keys.
2 – Sell the skins or Tickets DIRECTLY.
3 – Add a TON more skins that people will actually want with no RNG behind it.
4 – Enjoy gem sales.

Gambling of this form has no place in this game at all. The game is a shining example of being great quality from makers with top notch integrity, well that’s what you think until you discover this part of the game.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

They should reduce the ticket price of all BL skins to 1 ticket. That would make purchasing the keys more worthwhile and balance out a bit the market impacts of this patch.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, the prices on BL weapon skins jumping to 10x or more the previous prices will really make collectors shell out the big bucks.

CandyHearts.6025

My fix:

1 – Remove chests/keys.
4 – Enjoy gem sales.

Gambling of this form has no place in this game at all. The game is a shining example of being great quality from makers with top notch integrity, well that’s what you think until you discover this part of the game.

Yeah… the lotto box thing has been the scummy part of every game I’ve ever played. I would love to see it change in any way to make it more enjoyable. When things are enjoyable and rewarding people are more likely to participate. Recently handling of keys will only result in economy inflation. What to do really is up in the air. I like your suggestions, as well!

CandyHearts.6025

They should reduce the ticket price of all BL skins to 1 ticket. That would make purchasing the keys more worthwhile and balance out a bit the market impacts of this patch.

I like this!

Also I feel like it would be great if . . . they cap the oldest ones at 3 tickets and just do away with scraps in general. Only full tickets and increase the odds a bit.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Yes, please at least make BLC drop worthwhile prizes. I do not want crafting bags and I do not want boosters other than the new ones, and I really do not want the enchanting powder. That has always been a very disappointing reward since I can walk over to this guy I know and buy it for 10s. It’s not that I want those things to be replaced by super valuable stuff (well, I do :p) but I don’t want junk. crafting mats are useful, but easily obtained in other areas of the game. The boosters clog my bank and I like that they have been reduced to the 2 new ones, so why do the old ones still drop? And the powder … I’ve already covered that.

oh – add tomes of knowledge and transmutation charges to the list. I have reliable ways of acquiring those already, thank you.

(edited by Shaaba.5672)

CandyHearts.6025

Yes, please at least make BLC drop worthwhile prizes. I do not want crafting bags and I do not want boosters other than the new ones, and I really do not want the enchanting powder. That has always been a very disappointing reward since I can walk over to this guy I know and buy it for 10s. It’s not that I want those things to be replaced by super valuable stuff (well, I do :p) but I don’t want junk. crafting mats are useful, but easily obtained in other areas of the game. The boosters clog my bank and I like that they have been reduced to the 2 new ones, so why do the old ones still drop? And the powder … I’ve already covered that.

oh – add tomes of knowledge and transmutation charges to the list. I have reliable ways of acquiring those already, thank you.

Yesyes! It’s really full of junk. The Repair canisters are the worst to me. I understand when they charged for repairs that that item was a decent find. . . but seeing as things have changed. . . that bit needs to go. >.<

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

A few farmers will get less keys per week and the whole player base gets more from random drops, i dont see how this will impact bl skin prices in a bad way.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

the whole player base gets more from random drops

Doubt it’ll be enough to actually be noticeable. Or to keep skin costs down.

Posted by: Space.1597

Space.1597

I miss Jugs of Liquid Karma.

Attachments:

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

I honestly read the patch as increasing key drops along with chest drops.

I really don’t know why they would increase chest drops. Chests on the trade post seem to be infinitely supplied at dirt cheap prices. Hell I use the trade post to buy one when I got a key for clearing the map, it was super affordable and I was only a few days old in game.

Honestly having some massive stack of personal BL chests isn’t going to make me buy a bunch of keys. However, getting one chest on a rare occasion, and not having infinite supply on had with the trade post, I’m definitely snagging a key if I get one chest and its a rare occasion. maybe that’s just me though

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah but with the point of driving people to buy instead of farm do you really think they’re going to increase the drop rate by any noticable amount?

And think about the math, I’ve had two keys drop in 3 years.
They could increase that by 100% to 6 keys in 3 years and it’s still just 2 keys a year.
At 1000% increase to 33 keys in 3 years we’re still talking an average of less than once a month, and that might be a decent drop rate.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

A few farmers will get less keys per week and the whole player base gets more from random drops, i dont see how this will impact bl skin prices in a bad way.

Doubt key drops will increase much (if at all). Less keys>less tickets>less skins entering into economy = price goes up.

Unless you go to the gemstore and buy keys with real money GASP – which is what this is all about. $$$

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

It costs 27G to buy a key via gems. I invite any and all devs to detamine my account and tell me when, in all the keys I’ve ever used or bought (25+) that I’ve come close to that amount one one, heck even two of the chests. Even in account bound items.

(edited by Superfrick.1536)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You all do realize that 1 Ticket would be 1500-2000 gems right? To make up for the loss of key revenue due to RNG tickets and scraps.

And as long as the value of the “junk” you get, in terms of gems or in coin equivalent, exceed the cost of a single key, then it’s technically not gambling as you are getting that value or more in items. It doesn’t matter that you don’t want those items or that you want tickets, scraps or permanent contracts, you are buying a blind box/gift bag, that has contents with a combined value of at least 84-125 gems with a few that have something highly desirable. You know that going in yet you all keep getting disappointed that a rare drop is rare.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So, do you think that the majority of the BL weapon skins are from people buying keys and not key farming? If most skins are from key farmers then this is a serious hit to supply. It takes on average 30 keys to get one skin. Since I sincerely doubt they will be dropping at a rate of 30 keys per player per year, then they aren’t going to be replacing even one competed set of key farming per year. The average key farmers who does his weekly key farm is going to get maybe two tickets a year. The only way that supply isn’t going to be hit is if the main source of skins is from people buying keys, not farming.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

This is why I will not buy BLK’s from the Gem store for Gold or for Gems. The Junk we get from the daily login quests and the Junk we get from the Black Lion chests mixes up to much.

Really, what is the point to gamble on the BLK in its current form. It’s far worse then playing RNG against the Mystic Forge…

Attachments:

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

Despite what the folks at Anet think, key farming had nothing to do with the lacking sales of Black Lion Keys.

The reason that key sales are low, is because the contents of the chests suck.

Why on earth would a sane person spend, on average, 560 gold buying the 20 keys that it would require to get 10 ticket scraps, so they could buy a skin that sells on the TP for 80 gold?

It certainly can’t be because they want all the awesome useless boosters and trash items that make up 90% or more of the chests contents… because nobody wants or needs an armor booster, or a teleport to friend 1 time use gadget… or any of the other ridiculously worthless items stare at you from the chest you instantly regret opening 95% of the time.

It seems odd that Anet expects people to buy Keys for 28 gold, to open chests that 99% of the time, or more, have contents worth less then 3 gold.

It is not really a gamble, it’s a sink.

Just because 1 chest in 1,000,000, if that, drops a hair contract isn’t really enough to justify spending 28 gold for a key knowing, with near certainty, that what you will get out of the chest can be purchased outright for less then 3 gold, but more often, you wouldn’t spend ANYTHING buying those contents, because you wouldn’t want them.

The number of useless filler items is ridiculous.

But now, since the ability for people to “farm” keys, has been completely removed, despite the requirement being added that the farmer progress to level 10 before starting the story quests, the price of the BL skins on the trading post is gonna skyrocket.

People used to be able to farm a few keys here and there, and eventually they had enough scraps to buy a skin, and they would toss it on the TP, competition from other key farmers kept the prices pretty low on the 1 ticket skins, but now, since the only way to get those skins is by paying the average price of 560 gold for those 20 keys… or buying the gems with about 30 bucks in cash, the skins on the TP are going to coincide with with these costs…

I doubt people will spend 560 gold to buy a skin and then sell it on the TP for 80 gold, or spend 30 dollars on a skin that they can then sell for 80 gold, when that same 30 bucks in gems converted to gold would give them roughly 350.

I am thinking that the death of key farming is not going to have the effect that Anet envisioned, I think interest in the black lion chests will fall even lower, and as the price of the skins soar out of the range of the average player, interest in those skins will take a dive too. Which will further perpetuate the declining interest in purchasing Black Lion keys.

The contents of the chests are mostly worthless to most players, and at 30 or 40 minutes and the cost of leveling the character to level 10, those key farmers can EASILY make more gold doing other things in the same amount of time, so it won’t thwart their accumulation of wealth, at all, nor will it increase the sales of Black Lion Keys, about the only thing that I can tell that it HAS accomplished is to take away a little farm that a handful of people enjoyed doing on occasion when they were bored of all the other content they have done to death for the past 3 years.

It won’t stop people from farming, they will just go and farm something else, and will refuse to buy black lion keys out of spite.

Maybe the answer is to make the average chest contents worth closer to the 28 gold it costs to open them, or lower the price of the keys to a point where it is closer in value to the contents of the average chest.

I know I will miss my handful of key runs I did each week, for me it wasn’t JUST about getting the keys to open the crappy chests, I enjoyed trying to streamline the run, see if I could beat my previous best time, etc. It was a cool little solo game with a fun little reward at the end.

Hopefully I can find something else that will enjoy to a similar extent.

Anyways

/rant

Posted by: JaJacob.3694

JaJacob.3694

Will have to wait and see if the prices (of BL skins) skyrocket or not, personally I expect they will be much more expensive now.

I didn’t mind BLC before, since you could farm the keys and have a lotto scrap moment, but now?

Either remove all the junk from them or keep the price and rework the RNG (dye packs give only rares and add the actual skins to the RNG or drastically slash the ticket/scrap price).

XYLUM.7286

Honestly, I just wish they would open the farm back up, but we know that won’t happen…

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Why do you all jump to the conclusion that the goal of this change is to force key sales, when the very same patchnotes that announce the restriction to lvl10 story keys to once a week (which in itself probably only impacts a very low amount of players) also announce an increase of key drops?

I get it, being negative and doubting honest intentions is the in-thing right now, but shouldn’t we at least wait and see if there really is going to be a reduced supply in skins (apparently that’s all the vocal people care about?) or if the change in drop rate actually manages to do what ANet is trying to do in many other parts of the game, too, which is to distribute drops more evenly among the player base rather than concentrate them in the hands of the farmers?

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

They should increase items you get in bl chest from 3 to 6.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Ropughly once a year I have the urge and want to buy some keys, mostly after I leveleed aniother few characters gone up some levels in fratals and farmed dungeons for a while I buy them…

1st year I bought 25+ (what a mistake to make) 7 characters
2nd year I bought 5 or 10 I think, got quite a lot of keys overall from doing map… 12+ characters
3rd year I bought 5 with reduced prices from the gem store… At 18 characters now

Being able to buy some of the skins is really nice -BUT- I smile when I got a claim ticket, and I am really, really NOT happy with ALL other content, even scraps kitten me off… as it will takje me another year to get more.

OR I need tro get some keys from alts doing map. whcih I’m not really in to at this moment. as I already have 9 characters with full map. Most characters are insta leveled and then go for thew Unlcok everything route whcih in my case means: 100% waypoints, all story modes and all hearo points. Any events or heart which pop due to me needing to fight myself to the next waypoint or hero point are nice but not relevanty to my way of playing at this time.

Alts generally get their ORR maps completed due to the nice exotics and the chances of Ancient wood and Ori ore, which tends to be a better gamble then t2,3,4 even though they are valuable as well… You used to get 2 lvl 8 exotics when doing cursed shore with good chances of named items, but it’s been nerfed as well…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

I get it, being negative and doubting honest intentions is the in-thing right now, but shouldn’t we at least wait and see if there really is going to be a reduced supply in skins (apparently that’s all the vocal people care about?) or if the change in drop rate actually manages to do what ANet is trying to do in many other parts of the game, too, which is to distribute drops more evenly among the player base rather than concentrate them in the hands of the farmers?

So instead in the hand of farmer that actually do something for it, you like it more that the gw2 average player gets around 1key/1000h ingame (yes I got 3 rng keydrops in ~3k hours ingame) and that just some lucky rng —-——- people get more?

If your answer is yes, than I wonder why anet doesn’t just lock any loot behind high rn?. Like complete a dungeon and get an awesome 0.00001% rng chance on gettting 1 gold at the dungeon end or get nothing.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Wanze.8410

So, do you think that the majority of the BL weapon skins are from people buying keys and not key farming? If most skins are from key farmers then this is a serious hit to supply. It takes on average 30 keys to get one skin. Since I sincerely doubt they will be dropping at a rate of 30 keys per player per year, then they aren’t going to be replacing even one competed set of key farming per year. The average key farmers who does his weekly key farm is going to get maybe two tickets a year. The only way that supply isn’t going to be hit is if the main source of skins is from people buying keys, not farming.

Yes, in my opinion, only a small minority of opened chests was from farmed keys.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes, in my opinion, only a small minority of opened chests was from farmed keys.

Then I wonder, if only a small minority of opened chests are from farmed keys, then why did ANet go out of their way to nerf farming keys? Normally companies don’t invest time and money changing issues of small importance to their pocketbook, especially a situation where they had already said that they were fine with people farming keys. To reverse a long standing policy of this nature suggests that there were a substantial number of farmed keys. Enough to impact them financially.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

But Wanze look:

You need about 25 key for one ticket if almost EVERY second chest would drop a blc weapon scrap. 25 Key are 2100 Gems. my rate is much more worse btw!

If you change this number of gems to gold you would get at the moment about 300 gold.

Now a days there are the 1 ticket released blc weapon skins for about 70 gold in the tp!

If the biggest part of this weapons were already purchased through gems/ bought via gem shop, the people will be very stupid to add this things for only 70 gold ( – 15 TP fee also!).

i guess now the price will raise extreme up to about 500 gold+ for new 1 ticket blc weapon skins, cause why you should invest over safe 300 gold+ to gamble and sell the weapon skin after this for 70 gold -10 gold tp fee ?

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Allvaldr.3425

Allvaldr.3425

As a small aside regarding something I saw in the OP … Teleport to a friend has proven useful to us during guild challenges actually. I save them just for those.

Wanze.8410

Then I wonder, if only a small minority of opened chests are from farmed keys, then why did ANet go out of their way to nerf farming keys? Normally companies don’t invest time and money changing issues of small importance to their pocketbook, especially a situation where they had already said that they were fine with people farming keys. To reverse a long standing policy of this nature suggests that there were a substantial number of farmed keys. Enough to impact them financially.

I dont think they did this change for financial reasons, otherwise they wouldnt have buffed the droprate from random mobs. I guess they dont want people to create a character, do the same story mission over and over again and then rinse and repeat but rather have them play in the open world with other players.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I dont think they did this change for financial reasons, otherwise they wouldnt have buffed the droprate from random mobs. I guess they dont want people to create a character, do the same story mission over and over again and then rinse and repeat but rather have them play in the open world with other players.

And reversing a longstanding policy where they said it’s fine. If the number of keys being farmed like this is small, as you suggest, then the number of people who were doing this is smaller, which means they reversed a long standing policy and spent the time to code this in in order to affect a small number of people. If the number of people who were tied up with this is so small, and it’s not affecting much, why should ANet care enough about it to nerf it?

To me, it seems like you’re arguing two contradictory points at once. They were few in number and it was needed to nerf the farm to force them play in the world (the whole 10-15 minutes it took those few people to do a key run).

Ether they were few in number, and the nerf was not of much use as it affects few people, doesn’t affect trading post prices and doesn’t affect much gameplay or they were many and nerfing them brings them into the world. I’m not so sure that you can argue that they were few and the nerf was needed to bring these people into the game world (because so many were absent by doing key runs that it made an impact on the game).

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

XYLUM.7286

Why do you all jump to the conclusion that the goal of this change is to force key sales, when the very same patchnotes that announce the restriction to lvl10 story keys to once a week (which in itself probably only impacts a very low amount of players) also announce an increase of key drops?

They could increase key drops by 500% and you’ll probably still never see more then one a year, if that, because the chances of getting one are so miniscule that even a 500% increase will not even be noticeable. Saying that they have increased the drop rate is a very vague statement, one that I can all but promise you will not equate to any noticeable difference.

I have have farmed dungeons and most other content in this game to absurd levels, for the past 3 years, with a few breaks, and have got exactly 1 key as a drop in the wild…

I’d estimate the odds of a black lion key dropping from a random mob at about 1 in 1,000,000 or so, like I said, even if they increased those odds by 500% or even 1000% you are still looking at 5 or 10 in 1,000,000 or more.

Hardly enough to make a noticeable difference.

But tell us, why are you so quick to jump to the conclusion that the nerf of key farming ISN’T an attempt to stimulate key sales, you surely must have some info to lead you to your conclusion, or at least some logical theory as to how this change will effect some other aspect of they game, right?

You honestly think that “distributing” drops more evenly among people means anything other then rewarding the players that play less, at the expense of making the rewards for dedicated players even more abysmal then they are now? LOL.

Everyone that plays a lot and tries to gain resources and wealth is some anti-game player, economy ruining “farmer”.

The truth is, in this game, if you want anything other then trash drops you will have to repeat content over and over, and accumulate wealth… or get out your credit card and buy it.

The average player’s RNG, coupled with the multi-layered implementation of RNG Boxes within RNG boxes, the typical player can be assured that they will get next to nothing in terms of awesome drops without extensive “farming” or spending real cash.

I have seen quite a few people that are “drinking the koolaide” believing that by giving players less loot, less fresh content, less rewards, and less chances at good drops, somehow it makes the game better for everyone.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, regardless how out of touch, ill informed and naive they are.

I like really like some aspects of Guild Wars 2, sadly it seems that every month or so another thing that I love about the game is cut out, with no replacement or logical explanation and we are left to draw conclusions based on what we know, and what is pretty obvious.

But anyways, good luck on getting less loot for dedicated playing and more loot for doing nothing, since that seems to be your idea of a better Guild Wars 2!

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

from a thread on reddit it seems that the key droprate has been significantly increased

roughly 20 people have said that they have got a key within the past few hours, and one or two people even got two keys.

to contrast with the post about the nerf itself, people in that thread were unaware that keys even dropped, some mentioning that they had multiple precursors drop, but never seen a key over their entire playtime.

Posted by: SirServed.5693

SirServed.5693

-Teleport to a Friend item is simply stupid.

I agree completely. Based on the way it works, it should be called Teleport to Party due to only working on party members. What really gets me going though is when I use it to teleport to a party member and get the map full message, AND IT STEALS THE ITEM. Thanks for nothing.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’ve long said what they need to do is smartboxes. Only GW2 puts such a tedious grind into acquiring skins. RNG for scrap, then RNG times 10 to buy anything. It’s not right. What they should do is redesign the chests and remove the rng factor to skins.

Put skins in a smartbox, they already have a functioning smartbox system with ascended boxes and the BLTC dyes. Buy the account-bound box for 800gems, which is already above the price margin of what they normally sell individual weapon skins in store, which are 600, click the box and get the BLTC window that is on npc that lets you preview and claim the desired weapon skin. They’d be accesible to a lot more folks, guaranteed to have more players buy them with rng removed as well as completionists willing to buy several boxes to complete collections.

BLTC chests would need other ‘jackpot’ items to replace the tickets and scraps, perhaps increased odds of the pemanent contracts, more home instance nodes, permanent tools or such to continue to be a desirable item.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve long said what they need to do is smartboxes. Only GW2 puts such a tedious grind into acquiring skins. RNG for scrap, then RNG times 10 to buy anything. It’s not right. What they should do is redesign the chests and remove the rng factor to skins.

Put skins in a smartbox, they already have a functioning smartbox system with ascended boxes and the BLTC dyes. Buy the account-bound box for 800gems, which is already above the price margin of what they normally sell individual weapon skins in store, which are 600, click the box and get the BLTC window that is on npc that lets you preview and claim the desired weapon skin. They’d be accesible to a lot more folks, guaranteed to have more players buy them with rng removed as well as completionists willing to buy several boxes to complete collections.

BLTC chests would need other ‘jackpot’ items to replace the tickets and scraps, perhaps increased odds of the pemanent contracts, more home instance nodes, permanent tools or such to continue to be a desirable item.

If they had done something like that, I would never have started doing key runs in the first place. It’s the chanciness of getting what you want, the RNG of it all, that made me refuse to buy keys. When I did a key run and got junk, I was able to blow it off because I spent ingame time, not money from working. I bought a few keys way back then when this all started and I hated wasting my money and getting repair canisters and 5% armor boosters.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

My fix:

1 – Remove chests/keys.
4 – Enjoy gem sales.

You can already buy the weapon skins directly? I can open the trading post and buy the skins, there is no RNG involved.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

from a thread on reddit it seems that the key droprate has been significantly increased

roughly 20 people have said that they have got a key within the past few hours, and one or two people even got two keys.

to contrast with the post about the nerf itself, people in that thread were unaware that keys even dropped, some mentioning that they had multiple precursors drop, but never seen a key over their entire playtime.

I wish i also would have a precursor for every key i got. So far maybe 12-15 key
but 0 precursor

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

I spent eight hours tonight farming all sorts of mobs and got 4 bl chests and 0 keys on thousands of kills, so currently not hopeful the “increase drop rates” are all that much.

I believe they’re running a test with this update to see if the extinction of the key farm will lead to a large increase in key sales at the vastly high prices they’re currently set at.

I’m enjoying reading all these comments, and find it interesting, now that the farm really is dead, people don’t seem to be as willing to see total garbage in the chests

Please keep the ideas flowing. Might I also suggest a little civil disobedience and do not buy keys though gold to gem exchange or money until these valid complaints are addressed.

(edited by leftyboy.9358)

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Remove the following:

• Tome of Knowledge
  • Large Guild Discovery

Merge the following:

This is an awesome ideea, please ANet implement this!

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

Solution: Keys for completing raids, create spvp reward where you grind for a key would operate just the same as normal gear boxes and progress bars only the last reward is a key. Do the same as in spvp only have it in wvw (hell add in all the gear/crafing boxes with the same progress mechanic as spvp)

Keys that you would be able to get per week: 3 (if you grind spvp,wvw, and do a raid which imo is a good way to keep all aspects of the game very active even if your not a huge pvper/pve’er)

more keys you can actually farm, more boxes you open, the more BLT’s and fragments you get. no need to adjust drop rates.

And no please don’t remove tomb of knowledge. those things are probably the most valuable thing I get in game right now given I’m new and saving them for a quick revenant progression.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Knowing where and how they drop would of been great to add to the patch notes.

I know it’s not much to go by as I only got about 5 keys from world drops (small sample).

But from that sample it would suggest that they drop from anything, albeit at a very low drop rate, even if they doubled the drop rate, I doubt you would see many. It wouldn’t make sense to have a different drop rate on different mobs as all it would do is make some people just keep farming the same mobs.