Flame & Frost launch time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Today monday 28th in 1:00PM GMT the build will come live in Europe.
5:00PM PST +8hours = 1:00PM GMT

It’s simple math.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Today monday 28th in 1:00AM GMT the build will come live in Europe.
5:00PM PST +8hours = 1:00AM GMT

It’s simple math.

Monday 28th 5:00PM PST is Tuesday 29th 1:00AM GMT, ergo the OP’s question.Yes it’s simple math, carry the 1.

Posted by: Dragon.9564

Dragon.9564

Ok, some of these people needs to learn patients, this thread was started long before the 28th started in PST, heck it’s still not midnight yet, I remember in GW1 the update was normally around 2 am and I’d see “A new build is available please log out and back to download it” geez people relax and enjoy the game till the patch is released.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It would have been nice if they had said “around noon Monday PST”, or “around noon Monday GMT/UTC”. But what’s so special about this build that you must know by the minute?

It would make sense though, if they would push it around midnight GMT (so the 29th for everything east of Europe), as the daily resets then. And this update changes something for the dailies…

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

Laugh when I see people fretting about time…already 18.42 here on the 28th (GMT+11)…get used to getting stuff 19hrs after stated release time…but that’s just the luck of the draw living upside down on the other side of the world….lol

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

It’s simple math.

Monday 28th 5:00PM PST is Tuesday 29th 1:00AM GMT, ergo the OP’s question.Yes it’s simple math, carry the 1.

Actually you are right it should be 13:00 GMT.If it’s 1:00AM it will be 29th.And in europe it comes on 28th so it’s 1:00PM

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Xaros.3986

Xaros.3986

It’s simple math.

So simple you got it a whole day wrong?

But seriously, whatever happened to “The customer is right”? If it says 28th, then most will expect it on the 28th, since the date is provide without reference to any time zones. Thus, the information provided is likely wrong for approximately half the market. Rather than having ~1 500 000 players attempt your simple math, maybe Anet could figure it out for us, and in the future provide us with approximate dates for PST and GMT.

Xáros – Necromancer

(edited by Xaros.3986)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

But seriously, whatever happened to “The customer is right”?

This is an F2P MMO… the customer is never right.

As for us Oceanic’s I guess we can expect an update to get to us at about 4pm on Thursday.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

“When it’s done.”

:D

Let’s all report this user for trolling

Well they did say the same thing about the release of the game and look where we are now.

Yeah, they released it long before it was done.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

“When it’s done.”

This post made my ele splash

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Update isnt available at exactly Midnight on date of launch- User angry
Update isnt launched at the exact time posted- User Angry
Update is launched at the exact time posted but has bugs because of rushing- User Angry

Seriously people just let them work on it and release it when its ready. =/ Get some sleep/ go out side and play/ see a movie/ take your girl/guy out for a burger…Study for a test/ Ya know…do some RL stuff =p

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Seriously people just let them work on it and release it when its ready. =/ Get some sleep/ go out side and play/ see a movie/ take your girl/guy out for a burger…Study for a test/ Ya know…do some RL stuff =p

But we were doing this for last 3 months waiting to some game update. For WvW, for sPvP. Now after 4 months of buying this game, we would like to finally play good game.

Dragon.9564

But we were doing this for last 3 months waiting to some game update. For WvW, for sPvP. Now after 4 months of buying this game, we would like to finally play good game.

Try some PvE that’s fun too, I play both PvE and WvW and their both fun.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

this remand me of “dividing by 0” posts everywhere
all you know is the date 28 January everything else is speculation
a lot of stuff have to be made it is not as simple as punting the USB and load

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

I still don’t get why they release a patch on the date itself?
If I was running an MMO, I’d think like: “Hey, so we want to release an update on the 28th. So, let’s make sure it’s at least downloadable the 26th and include ‘when-to-go-live’-times in the code, so that people can play it as soon as they’re supposed to, in whichever timezone they’re located…”
It’s 28/01/2013 9.28AM here, and I was just logging in to see what those new dailies were about and if there are any hints to the events unfolding this week, but no, nothing. Same old, boring dailies.

As so many have already posted in the ‘make or break’-topic, I too am starting to doubt whether GW2 will be in it for the long run. WoW wasn’t all what I wanted, but it sure did a better job at making sure to have some interesting content for all levels, all of the time… Leveling starts to become boring, because you’re always limited to the same few areas, WvW is boring if you’re on a ‘low’ populated server like me (Vabbi EU), not to mention the impact ‘less active’ servers have on getting decent dungeon groups started.

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

The update isn’t out yet. I’m just pointing out a page on these forums that will have the update notes when it goes live.

That’s why I say ‘activities’ … I think we need activities update in the website as well.
Some players are not use twitter or checking on Reddit. They expect that official website should tell the game and the updates activities for them to know.

Dragon.9564

I do not remember seeing ANet say anywhere it’ll be available at midnight your local time, just January 28th PST, my first thought to no time was “Was this a typo error?” but I see why they just gave a general time, but people are still mad that it may not be at the exact time they want.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

So Anet, nexttime say it will be launched 29th and push it at 28th. People wont be dissapointed but happy they got it earlier.
Isnt this better way?

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

I still don’t get why they release a patch on the date itself?
If I was running an MMO, I’d think like: “Hey, so we want to release an update on the 28th. So, let’s make sure it’s at least downloadable the 26th and include ‘when-to-go-live’-times in the code, so that people can play it as soon as they’re supposed to, in whichever timezone they’re located…”
It’s 28/01/2013 9.28AM here, and I was just logging in to see what those new dailies were about and if there are any hints to the events unfolding this week, but no, nothing. Same old, boring dailies.

As so many have already posted in the ‘make or break’-topic, I too am starting to doubt whether GW2 will be in it for the long run. WoW wasn’t all what I wanted, but it sure did a better job at making sure to have some interesting content for all levels, all of the time… Leveling starts to become boring, because you’re always limited to the same few areas, WvW is boring if you’re on a ‘low’ populated server like me (Vabbi EU), not to mention the impact ‘less active’ servers have on getting decent dungeon groups started.

^ this.

Funny that it’s only a 24-hour time frame thing, but they always can’t come up with an exact time. Is it like they can’t even have a specific work schedule in the next 24 hours?!

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Cmon ArenaNET. A little of professionalism will do you no harm!

Isn’t this update ready? Will it be rushed into live and have a lot of bugs? Have it been “fairly” tested? If it’s not ready just delay it, don’t rush it. If it is then, why not a :

“Hello folks, the patch will be updating on 28th at “x hours” PST. For ya Lazy bums, the World Timer link will be this one…. : http://wwww.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ " ?

Sincerely, Ya troll:
Jeffrey Vaughn

Simple

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

We probably wont see the patch until atleast 5pm PST, this is because any last minute changes will be made during the work day, and tested before release. So I expect to goto bed in a few hours, sleep well, then spend the morning downloading the “expansions worth” of content.

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

“When it’s done.”

Strange so strange… main game is still not done ( If you ask me it’s still in beta phase) and we are talking about Flame & Frost.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

We probably wont see the patch until atleast 5pm PST, this is because any last minute changes will be made during the work day, and tested before release. So I expect to goto bed in a few hours, sleep well, then spend the morning downloading the “expansions worth” of content.

You wont get it now :|

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

“When it’s done.”

Strange so strange… main game is still not done ( If you ask me it’s still in beta phase) and we are talking about Flame & Frost.

This is the first time you’ve played an MMO right? In the first months of Aion and WoW, I didn’t play a single minute because of queues. The first year of WoW I couldn’t play an evening without encountering crashes, lag and game breaking bugs of the worst kind. Compared to that, GW2 was a flawless game on release.

Sure there are minor gripes. The only reason they’re so visible is because otherwise the game is as good as it gets for MMO standards (which are sub par for any other game genre)

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

“When it’s done.”

I think this update will also include content that lures players back to the existing lower level maps. The F&F storyline / events should only be a part of this update. And according to their article earlier this month, they will be focusing on building up on the existing content of the game.

Finger crossed this will roll out nicely.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Shame that i can only login in Friday

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I would love to know just enough to decide whether I should do my daily today or wait.

The daily is somewhat of a cornerstone for my playing. Every day some character gets assigned to do either all of it or the difficult part of finding fifteen specimens. They are awaiting new, different challenges eagerly.

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

I would love to know just enough to decide whether I should do my daily today or wait.

The daily is somewhat of a cornerstone for my playing. Every day some character gets assigned to do either all of it or the difficult part of finding fifteen specimens. They are awaiting new, different challenges eagerly.

My guess is wait.
It makes sense that the patch will only be implemented when they reset the dailies. It wouldn’t make sense for the daily objectives to suddenly change while you’re halfway through them.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do all of it except for the last tier in one category (preferably gathering). That way, if the patch is still not in before you are going to sleep, you will be able to finish it fast. If the patch gets in and daily changes so much it would need to be done from scratch? You still got the xp for partial achieves.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Dastor.3546

Dastor.3546

@Garambola: If you’re in the EU, do them now. If you’re not, you might still want to do them. Either they reset upon launch, because they’re different achievements. Or they won’t, but the launch will be so late, that you won’t have time to finish them anyway.

Almost noon here, still no news from Anet… I’m going to do something fun and challenging, and when all that becomes too much, I might just log back into GW2 to see if they’ve added something fresh and exciting yet … Boring!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

At least this time i’m in no hurry, seeing as I won’t get to play until tomorrow anyway (German here)

Polka will never die

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

It will be sometime before 8am 29th GMT, usually it’s been between 3am and 6am.

Like someone already said they won’t give times because they don’t want everyone crashing the download server, perfectly timed so most of Europe except for the hard core players are sleeping, this half’s the expected download strain on their servers.

Best advice go exploit the dungeons one last time before they are fixed :P

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

“When it’s done.”

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

It’s logic they would do it during their work hours. But just that one date is wrong and has always been wrong last patches in 3/4 of the world, so they should announce it one day later or announce 2 days.
Patch early for everyone: happy, patch late means unhappy people who miss it this day, just a matter of the dates they announce.

Posted by: nookie.5281

nookie.5281

I strongly suggest Anet to release the patch note before the day when launching out the update, so that people would be hot to discuss about the patch notes instead of the date when the patch will be out.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

I strongly suggest Anet to release the patch note before the day when launching out the update, so that people would be hot to discuss about the patch notes instead of the date when the patch will be out.

that would be nice

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I don’t think they like releasing patch-notes early because traders would use them to make a massive profits depending on the changes.

Posted by: Divine eXecution.3709

Divine eXecution.3709

that would be nice

They don’t release the patch notes (which may include recipes and stuff) earlier to prevent market manipulation

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ll be at work a bit today, so I hope this doesn’t come online until I get home. Mostly because…MY BODY IS READY.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Im not sure which is worse?

The fact that EU will get shafted again or that Anet are showing their usual terrible customer service by giving no feedback to the players !
Must say that compared to companies like Blizzard, CCP, Trion… Anet are by far the weakest in this area.
Such a shame as this is a massive black mark against a great game !

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: devi.9863

devi.9863

I gotta say, the forums will get very annoying by mid-year. Every monthly update there are threads about people in other timezones complaining about when the update will happen. As long as it is still the 28th PST, it can happen. They base everything off where they are located. Nothing new here, stop it. Maybe the mod’s should make a separate forum JUST so people can ask the same question every month….

http://www.facebook.com/rob.zinke
Asuran Mesmer · Starting on Aug 25, 2012
I am a trickster and smarter than any bookah

Phantax.1369

I gotta say, the forums will get very annoying by mid-year. Every monthly update there are threads about people in other timezones complaining about when the update will happen. As long as it is still the 28th PST, it can happen. They base everything off where they are located. Nothing new here, stop it. Maybe the mod’s should make a separate forum JUST so people can ask the same question every month….

I couldnt agree more. Its almost as annoying as all those fanboys that think they have the right to patronise people for having an opinion. Geez where to they get off, right ?

Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

It’ll be here on Tuesday for Europe, no need for people to get stressed, another day will not kill you

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I love how the mere idea of an update being launched during regular business hours at the company’s primary timezone is somehow completely unacceptable to some people here…

You people must love being called into work for the midnight shift…

Well, actually, in SERVICE INDUSTRIES it’s usually considered good business practice to PUT YOUR CUSTOMERS FIRST, rather than your own convenience.

Silly me, of course, thinking that customers’ convenience should matter more.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The only time I find the vague timezone thing annoying is for holiday events. I like to be there when it launches. For patches themselves I don’t mind too much.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Phantax.1369

It’ll be here on Tuesday for Europe, no need for people to get stressed, another will not kill you

And this is my point. I dont mind EU not getting the update till Tue, like you say its just 1 more day. What I cant stand is Anet not just coming out and saying that !
They need to spend a little less time covering their butts and a bit more time showing some quality customer service.

I love how the mere idea of an update being launched during regular business hours at the company’s primary timezone is somehow completely unacceptable to some people here…

You people must love being called into work for the midnight shift…

Well, actually, in SERVICE INDUSTRIES it’s usually considered good business practice to PUT YOUR CUSTOMERS FIRST, rather than your own convenience.

Silly me, of course, thinking that customers’ convenience should matter more.

This guy sums it up perfectly !

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

“When it’s done.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Seriously, this thread @ every patch

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

Posted by: Abkurus.2981

Abkurus.2981

From Russia whit love!
I check information about patch at 5:00 and get nothing and now here 16:32 and still i don’t have any info! I am in despair..

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

“When it’s done.”

I imagine shrek and donkey. We are donkey asking “Are we here yet?”

Making click sounds