Food to OP

Food to OP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I was thinking about it today and I think food in its current form is way to overpowered. I was thinking of a way to balance food out so that its more viable for everyone.

Basically you would have 50% chance to get the food buff, A 25% chance to get the buff x2 and a 25% chance to get a debuff called food poisoning. Food poisoning would give a reduction of stats for 1hr. The only way to remove it would be to take antidote that would be a cash shop exclusive item.

What do you guys think?

Food to OP

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Honestly, I think food is fine as is.

Also, when I read the title, I was sort of expecting to see a post where the OP was requesting food.. like, we send food.. to the OP… Food to OP.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Food to OP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Food buffs are probably the most consistent aspect that needs absolutely no changes to its functionality.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Food to OP

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

TL;DR Guise let’s add RNG + $$$ to consumables in PvE

You just suggested two aspects of the game that people complain about in every other thread here, I don’t think you’ll get much if any support from others lol.

Food to OP

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I was thinking about it today and I think food in its current form is way to overpowered. I was thinking of a way to balance food out so that its more viable for everyone.

Basically you would have 50% chance to get the food buff, A 25% chance to get the buff x2 and a 25% chance to get a debuff called food poisoning. Food poisoning would give a reduction of stats for 1hr. The only way to remove it would be to take antidote that would be a cash shop exclusive item.

What do you guys think?

I think those are completely appalling ideas and you should get a three day ban for even suggesting them. The last thing we need is something in the cash shop that gives a competitive edge, and the next to the last thing we need in the game is more kittening RNG.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Food to OP

Posted by: GoZero.9708

GoZero.9708

I’m smelling a troll.

Food to OP

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

+1 this idea needs to be implemented.

although 25% is a bit hight for x2 buff. I think it should be 50% to get nothing, 5% to get double and 45% to get posion

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Food to OP

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

First of all, the Suggestions forum is that-a way.

Second, your suggestion ties the availability of game stats to the cash shop, which is literally pay2win. Debuffs that can only be removed by a cash shop item have been tried in other games, and they horribly failed.

Food to OP

Posted by: mattmonkey.3042

mattmonkey.3042

amazing idea. double the food stats is really balanced!!
AND cash shop exclusive? i love it!
+1 Anet add this pls

Food to OP

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

combine the antidote with the new halloween healing skill after the event is over. Then that skill would be at least somewhat useful. In general I don’t like your idea but some people might.

Food to OP

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

What do you guys think?

haha, nice parody you have there. I give you a 7/10 for that parody.

Food to OP

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Why on earth would I eat something that might poison me, with the only means of removing the poison being the gem store?

Food to OP

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

pay to win = bad

Food to OP

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Food poisoning? Cash shop antidote? gtfo

Food to OP

Posted by: Ring.6928

Ring.6928

You just have nothing better else to do but find something to kitten about something.

I always forget to use it tbh and when I use it they don’t change much, just help me survive a bit more too depending on what Im eating.

Food to OP

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

this game really has one of the brightest communities ever. and im not talking about the troll op

Ele / Guardian

Food to OP

Posted by: Ring.6928

Ring.6928

this game really has one of the brightest communities ever. and im not talking about the troll op

You obviously think the OP is trolling. He already started a move on this on LA Map chat. It is unacceptable. Some people need to get a life.

Food to OP

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Yes please… more RNG in this game. It doesn’t have enough yet.

But seriously. Food is fine as it is. I’d like to get some perm food though, that would be nice.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Food to OP

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Honestly, I think food is fine as is.

Also, when I read the title, I was sort of expecting to see a post where the OP was requesting food.. like, we send food.. to the OP… Food to OP.

Kinda thought the same thing.

*too

Stay in school kids.

Food to OP

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

HUGE problem: do any of the other crafting stations randomly give you weapons or armor that might cause negative stats? no? then don’t change cooking. it’s out-of-ordinary enough as is.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

Food to OP

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

27 silver for 30 minutes of -40% condition duration and 70 vitality
Yeah, they are indeed very powerful, but I would never consider buying them even if condition users keep kicking my kitten for a year

Food to OP

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Some ppl should receive a preventive slap when entering the forums, just for the case……

…..like this.

#ELEtism 4ever

Food to OP

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Idk what your all on about this is the best idea that has entered the forums since Gw2 idea was thought of in someones mothers basement +5 billion to OP Also I will send you food when I log in

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)