For those with more than 8 toons...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Horiksson.3410

Horiksson.3410

I want to buy a 9th character slot to see other Charr storylines. What I’m wondering from those of you with more than 8 characters, which class did you do more than once and why?

Thank you!

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i think the 9th profession of course the black lion keys farmer…

just joking, i don’t have all the class but i think i would do a mesmer again

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Currently my Nr. 9 is a little ranger parked to farm a JP chest for silver doubloons. May delete him to do a male human dps guardian, as I like the look of heavy armor on human males, and want to keep my main char as the super tanky guardian she is. Unless they introduce something like dual speccing / spec templates that is.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Rolled several multiples of the professions, but tend to delete most of them before I get anywhere near mid-level. So far, the duplicates I have managed to stick to are Necro, Warrior and Ranger.

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

I have 12 right now – do not ask why as i am not entirely sure myself.
Anyway, i went for extra mesmers – if you do not want a duplicate to play with, make a mesmer, get portal for him and park him somewhere useful, like jumping puzzles.

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

I have created and considered duplicates for the elementalist, engineer and mesmer. Those are the three professions I enjoy most.

I like trying out a variety of builds but at some point, switching trait points constantly was getting to me, so I figured I would have some duplicates. I’m not entirely sure yet whether I’ll keep them, though.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Dups of War/Guardian (bc heavy armor is cool and fun classes)
Dups of Mesmer (for parking at JP’s etc)

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I have duplicate warriors, guardians, and engineers. Been thinking of making a dup ele since I still have an extra slot. Have lvl 80s of the other classes (except mesmer, whos only lvl35), but don’t play them as much, cause I don’t find them (necro, thief, ranger, and mesmer) as fun.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I have two mesmers. I use mesmers a lot and I wanted a condition build and a power build ready to go.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I want a 9th slot too. My intent for it is likely to do the stories I havent…then delete and start again. So I would switch depending on ones I havent had for that race.

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Rolled my ninth not long ago. Went with a second Necro. After learning the profession on the first one I’m having much more fun leveling the second. I have a good feel for weapon skill synergy and which utilities to invest in first. First Necro is a condition damage oriented fearmonger, this second one will go a different route.

I’m saving up for a 10th slot so I can have one of each gender of each race. Probably go with another Warrior for number 10, Charr Female.

I’d love to have one of each armor class for each race since I like the cultural armor sets but not sure I’m going to shoot for that many characters.

One thing I can’t break out of is my choices of Priory, Vigil, or Whispers. I join the Priory with all of my light armor characters, Vigil for heavy, Whispers for medium. I get to that point in the story and think, “This time I’m going to join the Vigil with this Necro” but I go with the Priory again. I don’t know why it matters to me since I haven’t even bought any of the faction armor sets or weapons. I just feel like casters should be in the Priory and rogue types should be with Whispers. :/

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I have dups of several professions. I don’t think what they are is so important as they will be the professions you already enjoy playing. I created duplicates to experience the professions as another race. The choice was more racially motivated than profession motivated.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Two elementalist, two guardians.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

Altaholic here — i’ve got dupes of all plus a third warrior … and while i know ANY char of a particular profession can use any weapon available to that profession (meaning any ele can go staff, s/f, d/d, etc.), I look at each toon as an individual, essentially speciliazing in a particular weapon-set style …. so i have a staff ele and i have a d/d ele … staff ele will never use anything but — just that char’s thing … same with the d/d ele — will always be a d/d ele.

Sounds weird, I know, but i prefer my chars a lil more defined, even if its just in my own head, then a jack-of-all-trades.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

2-11 on me are random bank/alt chars. Highest char that I actually play is 15 or so (of these alts).

I have a level 75 but it’s a banker.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I have 16 characters, two of each class. In their creation, I had to fulfill the following requirements (with a second unfinished “set” of 3 Humans):

- One of each Armor Type per race
- One of each Order per race
- No Race, Gender or Order repeats per Class
- No repeated Racial Story options (humans are an exception)
- Both members of each class explore different build/weapon options
- Each Order has at least one of each Armor Type

This leaves me short a third Asura (Female, Heavy Armor, Durmand Priory) and a 6th Human (Male, Heavy Armor, no way to pick an Order that doesn’t conflict with one of my rules :-P ). If a 6th Race gets added, my surplus humans (Ranger and Mesmer right now, plus the non-asura of any future 9th class) will likely get moved over there. The problem there being that my Human Mesmer is one of my original 5, right along my Human Elementalist (who I consider my “main”), and rerolling her would be almost unthinkable… so probably, a 6th race would mean I’d drop my Sylvari Mesmer for a Mesmer of the new race, and make a Sylvari Elementalist instead, for three of my favorite class and two of everything else. Yeah. That would work.

ELEMENTALISTS
80 – Melchior Caradoc, Human Male, Durmand Priory
20 – Madeen Cinderthorn, Charr Female, will join the Order of Whispers

ENGINEERS
60 – Hugo Clashcannon, Charr Male, Durmand Priory
16 – Ekko of Magpie Labs, Asura Female, will join the Order of Whispers

GUARDIANS
60 – Celene the Amaranth, Sylvari Female, Durmand Priory
80 – Griever Stormlion, Charr Male, The Vigil

MESMERS
80 – Lunaticia, Human Female, Order of Whispers
15 – Clarent the Redcap, Sylvari Male, will join The Vigil

NECROMANCERS
60 – Zigg of Magpie Labs, Asura Male, The Vigil
25 – Kára Maronsdottir, Norn Female, will join the Durmand Priory

RANGERS
45 – Cadfael the Dogwood, Sylvari Male, Order of Whispers
10 – Mallory Leblanc, Human Female, will join the Durmand Priory

THIEVES
40 – Rukhsana Gallowtree, Norn Female, The Vigil
21 – Alastor Malich, Human Male, will join the Order of Whispers

WARRIORS
80 – Günther Ironfang, Norn Male, Order of Whispers
25 – Eden Donovan, Human Female, will join The Vigil

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I don’t think I have 9 characters yet..But I do have 2 rangers. My main is a lv 80 human ranger, and I was thinking one day that it would be really fun to try a completely different type of build, like maybe a more beastmaster type build. And I know you can change your traits and buy new weapons and stuff..But I like the build I already had and didn’t want to change it or lose it. Plus I was thinking, asura rangers are pretty awesome. So I made an asura ranger. Some people think this is silly, like why not just change your build..But idk I mean I feel like you can have 2 rangers that play COMPLETELY different and it’s almost like playing 2 different classes..so why not have 2?

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I want to buy a 9th character slot to see other Charr storylines. What I’m wondering from those of you with more than 8 characters, which class did you do more than once and why?

Thank you!

Incoming wall of text. See Bolded for summary.

43 alts, 12 at 80. My two “mains” for Explorables and Fractals are: Mesmer, Warrior. For pure “fun” factor: Dagger/Dagger/Wells Necromancer, then Ranger for (solo) outdoors.

Warriors – a lot of my alts fall in this profession. 3 at 80. For me, this is a fun, easy class. Has multiple “roles” it can fulfill, even in a game where those “roles” supposedly do not exist. Love the array of weapon choices and builds. Norn, Asura, Human, Sylvari. Different builds/armors. Different uses. Different “feel” determined by race. Mostly used in Explorables. And no, not one of them is a CoFp1 build.

Mesmers – almost as many as the Warriors. Love the fact that I can play in a controlled way or based on build, be absolutely chaotic and still effective. Again, different builds. Different types of group support. I run Fractals with two of them – Norn and Asura play differently. Original was an Asura, got frustrated with ANet’s horrible camera-at-feet inability to see, rolled a Norn and ended up with two different playstyles using same weapons and found my guild wanted both. My Norn has an “old school” build, my Asura is bouncing all over the place wreaking havoc. Love both.

Necromancer – four. Asura, Human, Norn, Sylvari. Asura Necro was my first 80. Dagger/dagger/wells spec. Loved the heck out of her. She was part caster, healer and a kitten good “tank”. Got tired of looking at monster knees in Orr and rolled a Human (which eventually went staff/ds build at 80), and then much later a Norn (level 72) which looks the most “necrotic” in the combination of hair choice/gear/dye job I created. I am still pondering build changes for this one. I have a guildmate that loves playing his Necro in our groups, so mine are basically “retired”. Necros offer a lot of choices in play style and outside of my Warrior, are the closest to an ATV profession I have found in this game.

Elementalist – three I take seriously.. One at 80 is a Human. Not particularly fond of Human female looks / animations. This one will probably be replaced. Been fiddling with elementalists since beta, different builds/weapon combinations. Found one I finally enjoy and is optimized the way I want for DPS/healing balance and my guild prefers my Mesmer. Can’t win.

Ranger – only two. Surprise! Norn is at 80. Again, started with an Asura (see the trend?), and swapped to Norn to see if worked better for sight issues and then got totally surprised when it hit 80 in less than a week, I was just having too much fun to notice the leveling happening. My 80 Norn is my “go-to” character for dailies, etcetera. Of all the professions I have played, it is hands-down the most fun to use outdoors.

Engineer – only two. Taking neither seriously. One is an Asura (cliché “it just fits”), the other, of all things is a Sylvari because the combination of the name I picked and the concept of a “dry twig” using a flamethrower was too humorous to resist. I can wield the engineer fairly well, and love the lack of “weapon swap” cooldown; however, I feel like I’m using Reverse Polish Notation in order to play the thing. In other words: the Elementalist does it a little more straight-forward.

Guardian – One at 80, one at 47, other mid 30’s. Two Humans, (planned on Tier 3 cultural armor at one point.), and a Sylvari (tier 1 cultural armor). All three collecting cob webs. Once to 80, I think was enough for me on this class. The guardian class is a great class, it offers a lot in the tanking/healing/support areas. I just prefer doing all of that on my Warrior in a more “straight forward” way.

Thief -They make for great name naming opportunities, and yes I have several including Asura, Human, Norn, and Sylvari. I don’t PvP. I know how much healing they can require in an Explorable, even when they are well-played. Another profession I have totally abandoned.

Note: you may note a lack of Charr. Played several during beta. Rolled a Charr Mesmer for giggles (bright punk-pink hair), and couldn’t bring myself to get it past low 20s. Ditto with an Elementalist. Am now currently working on getting a Charr Warrior through a line of stories (have seen almost all of them with guildmates.) Picked Warrior, because as cliché as it seems, Warrior feels like the “best fit” for the Charr culture.

TL:DR I have multiple alts of the same profession because different races/builds/weapons create different “feels”/playstyles, different contributions to groups.

Ranger, most fun to play outdoors, is not one I play with guild groups. Warriors and Mesmers are the ones I play most in groups. Necromancer can be an incredible combo of damage, tanking and healing.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have 12 characters 8 of the professions, mostly asura (because the asura stories were the best), i redid Guardian and Necro over again, not sure why really..oh because i wanted Asura versions of every profession..

I think the main reason i made so many alts is the game is so unfriendly to builds and switching gear, it was easier to make a whole new toon than to change a build..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Glad to see other people more neurotic and varied than even me. I still get baffled by people who stay at just 5 slots and repeat races or classes, thus missing out.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I have 12 characters, with an extra 13th slot I just bought and haven’t used yet.

I’ve got three humans (guardian, ranger, and mesmer), three norn (warrior, ranger, and mesmer), three sylvari (warrior, thief, and elementalist), two asura (guardian and necromancer), and one charr (engineer).

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I have 43 Characters (Yes I’m crazy).

I have 5 rangers and 5 warriors at level 80, one of each race. All the other classes only have a few at 80. Why? They are the classes I most prefer to play. (and that is a highly subjective answer)

Since you have eight characters I’m assuming you have one of each class but you didn’t specify. I’d ask you which you prefer the most. If you couldn’t choose I’d ask you for your total hours played on each (/age) and recomend that you try your most played class on a different race.

My real heartfelt advice would actually be to buy 32 more character slots to try them all out! (Wait for character slots to go on sale again) We altaholics are always wanting the number of players with our obsession to grow, so we’ll feel more normal.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

(edited by Ferguson.2157)

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I have 3 guardians, because I wanted to play several different builds without having to respec and carry 4834895 different sets of gear in my inventory.

Also because of aesthetics. I have a sylvari, asura, and norn, all in T3 heavy

I also have 2 warriors, 1 human and 1 charr. The only reason I made the charr warrior was because I was going for The Emperor title. (requires 1 set of t1, t2, t3 armor for each race (I hate charr (I like putting parentheses within my parentheses (parentheseception)))) And charr heavy T3 is the only one I like, and I already had 3 guardians.

…. my name is Xephyr, and I have a problem.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

(edited by RainbowSyrup.4130)

Posted by: Niyo.5920

Niyo.5920

27 Chars on this account and 22 on the other… makes 49.
5 of them are 80 (Mesmer, Thief, Guardian, Warrior, Necromancer – all of them Sylvari).
I like to create new chars when I have new optical-ideas (especially sylvari with all the colours!) or new ideas for RP (role-play). So a lot of my chars are around level 10, but there are some who are on their way to 80.

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I have three guardians, and they are the only class which I’d happily level a fourth if it wasn’t because there are no more races I want a guardian on (norn male, human male and charr male). :P

I just generally love their survivability and being able to survive any hardships as I explore stupid places and what not.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I have one of each class, but I loved necro so much I made 3 lol. 2 of them are for completely opposite builds (one for support oriented, one for dps oriented) so it only made sense to make 2, and my 3rd is just to test out new builds with and sometimes wvw or pvp. It’s probably the only class I will make multiples of because while i like the rest, none come close to necro for me. I may even make more necros one day if I want to do every race storyline (I have one of each race across all the classes too, but only 1 of each except charr, those i have multiples of so I’ve only seen 1 storyline for the other races)

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

I’ve had 9th slot for awhile. Do the story till Claw Island for keys and grind maps for rewards and roll another char, that I level just for the fun of it

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

4 warriors to chain spam CoF to increase gains from CoF spam if you time it right.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first