Foray's into 4k the Beautiful Sequel

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RollFzzlbeef.4092

RollFzzlbeef.4092

Since people seemed to like the first bit so much, I thought I would add some more and this time give the link to my imgur album for these so I’m not blasting the board repeatedly.

Again if you have a 6 series nvidia GTX card and up for the DSR scaling, I highly recommend at least seeing this game at it’s absolute best.

The gallery if you’re curious is here www.imgur.com/a/6RxJD
Feedback is always appreciated and if you’re after shots or have any question you can always shoot me a whisper in game!

Attachments:

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

wow, highly jealous. I didn’t know this game could be that crisp.
Are you using SweetFX?

RollFzzlbeef.4092

wow, highly jealous. I didn’t know this game could be that crisp.
Are you using SweetFX?

In some of those shots I am actually. mainly to give a bit more contrast and take out that “washed out” look to the overall color palette. I have my settings on a pastebin for any that want them as well

Rip and Tear

RollFzzlbeef.4092

just throwing in a few more landscapes

Attachments:

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

They look great! I’ve got an NVIDIA 760 and I am not sure how to turn/activate the DSR scaling. I’ll keep looking though. I would like to mess around with it.

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

RollFzzlbeef.4092

They look great! I’ve got an NVIDIA 760 and I am not sure how to turn/activate the DSR scaling. I’ll keep looking though. I would like to mess around with it.

It’s not as hard as you might think!

Go into your nvidia control panel from your desktop, and go to the manage 3d settings tab.

There will be a dropdown menu that says DSR and in that dropdown will be a list of scaling options. select all or what you want and apply.

Go back into the game and enjoy you ability to upscale!

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Go into your nvidia control panel from your desktop, and go to the manage 3d settings tab.

There will be a dropdown menu that says DSR and in that dropdown will be a list of scaling options. select all or what you want and apply.

doesnt seem to be working for me

RollFzzlbeef.4092

doesnt seem to be working for me

not applying in game, or not having the dropdown menu work? if it’s the dropdown, then the fix for it is bizarre. Go into your mouse settings and under the pointer options tab, disable the snap to. that will fix it

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

Anyone know how to downsample on an amd card? the latest drivers that has it built in does not work on the 280x apparently… and I cannot get GeDoSaTo to work with gw2..

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

I don’t know if I’d recommend downsampling in GW2. IMO the native supersampling AA is good enough. Here’s a very loose comparison:

1080p with SSAA:

http://i.imgur.com/L35drBC.jpg

4K downsampled:

http://i.imgur.com/qriHOEk.jpg

The difference is obviously there. If you take a look at the ropes of the windmill, they’re noticeably less jaggy in the 4K screenshot. However, this change makes FPS drop from stable 60 to unstable 30 on my GTX 760, makes the UI tiny and forces you to run the game in fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen. It’s nice for taking screenshots, but less practical in action, unless you have a very powerful PC and a big monitor.

Posted by: Ricky Da Man.5064

Ricky Da Man.5064

I don’t know if I’d recommend downsampling in GW2. IMO the native supersampling AA is good enough. Here’s a very loose comparison:

1080p with SSAA:

http://i.imgur.com/L35drBC.jpg

4K downsampled:

http://i.imgur.com/qriHOEk.jpg

The difference is obviously there. If you take a look at the ropes of the windmill, they’re noticeably less jaggy in the 4K screenshot. However, this change makes FPS drop from stable 60 to unstable 30 on my GTX 760, makes the UI tiny and forces you to run the game in fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen. It’s nice for taking screenshots, but less practical in action, unless you have a very powerful PC and a big monitor.

Fair play, am struggling to spot any difference in the screens..

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

I bought GW2 a couple months ago and tried to play it on my laptop will the settings to low/off (all my system would allow)—game looked and played like crap.

Was time for a new rig—built a new desktop with a i7 and Nvidia 970 and looks like night and day.

Posted by: chrispknox.6748

chrispknox.6748

Thanks for posting these! I just came back to the game after a year (from WoW sadly), and forgot how gorgeous this game looks. Recently upgraded to an Nvidia GTX 780 and it really looks great at higher resolutions with all the options set to max. Will have to try this SweetFX and try to get some pics like this

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Thank you for the heads up, never looked into the basic speecs after drive installment and it is beautiful now I changed it.. breathtaking… (Dual GTX 780 in SLI, just make sure basic options are stup, and the rendering will be crisp)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I really do like how this all looks when its on (after getting mine to work), but sadly, its not really playable with the highest setting as everything just gets too small. I guess if you are ignoring all chats and never use the minimap and have your skills memorized, then sure. But not all of us do.

I’ll probably use this feature for screen shots at least, so thanks for sharing still!

RollFzzlbeef.4092

I really do like how this all looks when its on (after getting mine to work), but sadly, its not really playable with the highest setting as everything just gets too small. I guess if you are ignoring all chats and never use the minimap and have your skills memorized, then sure. But not all of us do.

I’ll probably use this feature for screen shots at least, so thanks for sharing still!

that’s pretty much all I use it for since the UI becomes uber tiny. Wandering and just soaking it in with the HUD off and taking photos.

BTW, was it the mouse thing that was causing the issue for you?

Rip and Tear

Posted by: Eldric.2109

Eldric.2109

im using an Philips BDM4065UC/00 40" / 3ms / HDMI, DP/ 4K, thanks to its size the ui gets perfect size.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Playing the game at 4k is really terrible for me, the interface is way too small. 2440p is much better.

Also 4k subsampled is really nice as well, it offers better clarity than 1080p for a few frames lost.

I have a GTX 760 unfortunately, so it can’t handle 4k supersampled.