Fossilized bugs too rare of a drop

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

So after opening 27 chests, and nothing (i got the adventurer goggles and mask) but I was and still am disappointed that the drop is SO RARE, why not make it much much more common? It really wouldn’t hurt anything to do so.

Comon Anet, you make a decent looking (imho) non ascended skin and you make it impossible to get for the lot of us.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

You’ve gotten two of the unique rare drops. Stop whining. I’ve opened about 20, and gotten 20 champ bags full of greens, a handful of geodes, and some sand.

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

Well I don’t know how rare they are, but I’ve opened maybe 10-12 locked chests and got 2 of them along with some goggles. I could just be lucky, which would be unusual for me.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

How do you find that many chests? I only have found four chests ever. Probably needless to say none of them had any special things inside.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

How do you find that many chests? I only have found four chests ever. Probably needless to say none of them had any special things inside.

Run around while holding down Ctrl, so that it displays any items you can interact with.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

You’ve gotten two of the unique rare drops. Stop whining. I’ve opened about 20, and gotten 20 champ bags full of greens, a handful of geodes, and some sand.

But it gave me crap i can’t even use, and im at 41 chests and nothing now except stupid bloodstone dust or the star shard thingies that i cant think of the name to save my life.
In fact all of my party members that joined left and when new ones joined all got the fossil except me still. I know your frustration if you are feeling any at all that is

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They respawn in the same locations every sand storm. Just farm those 4 if you can’t find the others.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Opened one yesterday, got one fossil, but I played too little to look for more. Looks like I was lucky.

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Seriously? This release has been out for one day, and some things need to be rare drops or else nothing will be rare or really desirable. Not only that, but this is permanent. Calm your kittens and keep opening them.

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Got in a t4 instance and bought the axe recipe. Sandstorm hit and got an amber like 5 mins later. I opened 15-20 I think ( spent more time running alts through story line ). I saw others link the drop as well – I wonder if the drop rate is affected by tier attained?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB