Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

It makes no sense to do that, plenty of people (myself and guild mates included) have worked up past level 40 and were aiming for 48/50 soon only to find out all that progress is getting wiped. Please please give a honestly good reason for doing this because I have no idea….

Edit: being dropped back down to level 30 for fractals

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

at least you guys have something to do till next year’s reset

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Because of the new Leaderboards. It wouldn’t be fair for you to be at the top of the Leaderboards from completing it on easy mode would it?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Because of the new Leaderboards. It wouldn’t be fair for you to be at the top of the Leaderboards from completing it on easy mode would it?

Feels good to be forced into leaderboards.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

source? if this is the case pls send me back all the rez orbs I used to get fractals scale 81 back in 2012 it’s ridiculus I could have 3 legendaries if I farmed at that time Money in TA instead of went the way of going hardcore fractals. it can’t be serious if you do reset this reset all the Money farmed and gained from trading post and all other aspects of the game as well

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

Well dont put me in leaderboards at all i dont give beep about them i just want my hard work to stay and not jsut get deleted becose some beep in anet tought it would be fun….

Patrikan Habaton.2548

it would there are only a handfull of ppl that are at 81 caps most can only do till 80 those who have 81 deserve to be there were the ones that completed fractals in 2012 with big effort so they deserve to be on top

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It’s because they are changing fractals level 30+ to be much harder (I think). So they are deleting your progress.

Note: I don’t think this is a good idea but whatever.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Serephen.3420

you arent even 48 iamgine how i feel when i got to kittening 80 in personal lvl and now it will all be deleted and not rewarded at all becose anet feels like it it is such kittening bullkitten

I’m not at 48 sure I’m at 44 but my goal was to get to 48 this week now that’ll be completely pointless. I know that if I feel ripped off I’d know that it’d be even more so for those at 48+

Also for those asking for source:
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/news/page/1/read/29156/Guild-Wars-2-Next-Updated-Called-Fractured.html

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I don’t know of a single player that asked for fractal leaderboards.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Fractal Armor made sense. Leaderboards don’t.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Instead of just awarding ppl that did hardcore Content were they were no rewards they slap em in the face bigtime! don’t put me up the leaderboards I’m fine with it but leave me rewardlevel 81 because I deserved it… otherwise remove all legendaries that were bought sold on TP and all legendaries that were made with RNG precurser as well they deserve this less than I my lvl 81

first scale 81 fractals

Serephen.3420

Kitten the leaderboards they’d mean nothing and to wipe legit progress made by people is a foolish move.

SlothBear.9846

Instead of just awarding ppl that did hardcore Content were they were no rewards they slap em in the face bigtime! don’t put me up the leaderboards I’m fine with it but leave me rewardlevel 81 because I deserved it… otherwise remove all legendaries that were bought sold on TP and all legendaries that were made with RNG precurser as well they deserve this less than I my lvl 81

Agreed. People who did high level fractals actually did something difficult to earn that rank. Unlike, say, people with high wvw rank or lots of gold. Pretty much the only difficult thing in the game and people are punished for doing it. Terrible decisions Anet.

Patrikan Habaton.2548

It’s because they are changing fractals level 30+ to be much harder (I think). So they are deleting your progress.

Note: I don’t think this is a good idea but whatever.

If they make it much harder it’s ok well I don’t get the rewards if I’m to bad for the new Content… but deleting Progress I have done in my rewardlevel is like deleting your legendary items or whatever … it’s just a Thing a Company should never ever consider

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Oh just wait. I’m willing to bet they’re also dumbing down the difficulty.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Leaderboard is probably made to shut up the elitist.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

SlothBear.9846

It will have the exact opposite effect.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yeah. Join Party – Ping Gear and check the Leaderboard – below X, kick.

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges.

So scaling is being changed from 1-30, 30+ is being changed completely, and you’re hung up about your fractal level? You have no clue what’s in store (nor do I) but how about you wait until we know more before you start whining about your fractal level.

Posted by: swipped.5201

swipped.5201

“Your personal fractal difficulty and reward level is being made account-wide! Starting with the Fractured release, you can attempt high level fractals on a new character without needing to level up all over again.”

TY A-NET!!!!!!

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

To be honest, none of these new ’’features’’ gets me excited. This sounds more like something that should’ve been in a patch fix, except maybe the new fractals themselves.

Posted by: Dardevilmon.6702

Dardevilmon.6702

Fractal Progression Changes: The difficulty curve in fractals levels 1-30 is being adjusted, and fractals beyond level 30 will have new, special challenges.

So scaling is being changed from 1-30, 30+ is being changed completely, and you’re hung up about your fractal level? You have no clue what’s in store (nor do I) but how about you wait until we know more before you start whining about your fractal level.

you know the reson why we are so hung up about our lvl is becose we put kitten tons of effort in it and they just come and deleted wtf that is like saying we are making new legendarys so everybody who has made 1 will get it deleted it is total beep -.-

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

as Always, any update they make takes something away from me…..

2 things people hate:

1) deleting their progression
2) more vertical progression….. (new AR -.-).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Patrikan Habaton.2548

you think leaderboards will be worth somthing after ppl already have had the cap of leaderboards … as back than : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-cap-80/first

there was not a single comment from a dev… I played a gamemode without no great rewards cause it was hard .. if they Change fractals I would Play it againt to look if it’s hard if it’s easy I probably would make another scale 80 Video of the new dungeon and tell it was easy that’s all how could I care about leaderboards but they’re taking away my hard work if they resett this they can resett legendaries as well… because ppl took the easy way getting rng precursors instead of crafted ones

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Yeah. Join Party – Ping Gear and check the Leaderboard – below X, kick.

Now we just need a gearscore addon and the package is complete.

I loose quite some progress myself aswell and I won’t start over again, I’m a human being, not a hamster.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Well, this is good. Attention has finally been applied to something other than Living Story, even if there are a few changes to the LS.

While I dont frequent fractals very often, this is good. Now onto dungeons, scavenger hunt, new skills…etc

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/#agony

Your personal fractal difficulty and reward level is being made account-wide! Starting with the Fractured release, you can attempt high level fractals on a new character without needing to level up all over again.

So they’re making fractal levels account bound, in addition to dropping everyone down to 30 (if you were above it).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Yanno, I was just wondering how much longer we’d be waiting for Kiel to come through on her promise…

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

What will be the max fractal lvl after 26 november?
It will be 50 or more?

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

oh and wait

Fractal Weapon Skins (starting at level 10)
Ascended Rings (starting at level 10)
Ascended Weapons (starting at level 10)
Infused Ascended Rings (starting at level 20)

So, no reason to do more than level 10 now, this is getting even better, anet is killing fractals.

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

The release article says it’s still 50.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

This update sounds very tasty, lots of awesome changes there.

Your personal fractal difficulty and reward level is being made account-wide! Starting with the Fractured release, you can attempt high level fractals on a new character without needing to level up all over again.

Y.E.S!

PS. Oh yeah, and the promotion video is kinda brilliant, loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mGZPSBod6d4

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

oh and wait

So, no reason to do more than level 10 now, this is getting even better, anet is killing fractals.

All the good rewards used to start at 26, but people still went higher anyway. I agree that resetting the levels is crap, but I don’t care if the rewards get lowered. I never played fractals for the rewards.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

The video is quite nice. And so the update.
But as an engineer, i feel quite left out seeing the rune introduced.
Not every class has got signets, you know…

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

lvl 30 fractal are you mad ?
have you any idea how hard is to make it to lvl 47 with random parties ?
no stop it ! now !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

oh and wait

Above level 30, this repeatable chest also has a chance to contain a brand new rune or sigil:

The Rune of Resistance grants bonus toughness, a reduction in condition duration, and aegis upon using a signet
The Sigil of Momentum grants a stacking toughness buff every time you kill an enemy

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Srs are u rly forceing the players who worked so hard to get 50+ back to 30 im spechlesssss……..Not only i don’t feel rewarded bc i don’t get anything for my current fractal lvl (69) but now they are dropping my lvl to evryone else +the RNG is still there the pristine relic are sitting in my bank for nothing not to mention the fractal relics. B4 i felt like doin fotm evry now and then now i just don’t want to step in LA anymore.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I am not over 30 myself, but I can feel the pain of those who are. Leaderboards…honestly? Who except a bunch of braggers wanted to have that anyway?

As for the “But it’s going to be redesigned, so it has be be reset!” argument: Did people who completed their Dungeon Master title prior to AC changes and Aetherpath have it revoked? No? Why should it be different for Fractals then? Or will I lose my legendary when the new precursor system launches? I -really- hope not!

At NO point in a MMO people ever should lose their progress on anything except they used exploits to get there. Ever! Everything else is just a horrible decision. It makes one wonder if it’s actually worth working towards anything at all if there is always a lingering threat of it being taken away after the fact.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Envy.1748

Envy.1748

down to 30… no comment…. *slow clapping

What happens in fractals, stays in fractals.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/

Might be a good read for people, that does explain quite a bit of stuff.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Leaderboards will end @ 50 – it’s stupid.

We will get infinite agony resistane and 50lvl cap of fractals.

I have ppl in my guild that have lvl 80 fractals right now.

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

oh and wait

Above level 30, this repeatable chest also has a chance to contain a brand new rune or sigil:

The Rune of Resistance grants bonus toughness, a reduction in condition duration, and aegis upon using a signet
The Sigil of Momentum grants a stacking toughness buff every time you kill an enemy

so nothing? rune and sigil for what?

Posted by: Lord Ryoka.4572

Lord Ryoka.4572

Agony Resist Infusions:
Quoted from the official webpage on “Upcoming changes”: (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists/#reward)

“To assist you in your ventures into the mists, a new agony resist infusion slot has been added to all infused rings and backpacks.
All current infused rings and backpacks will start with a +5 agony resist infusion (this replaces the +5 agony resist that was previously on the item itself).
Players will be able to find +1 agony resist infusions commonly in the fractals after level 10.
Artificers of at least 100 skill will be able to combine two infusions of the same level with a Thermocatalytic Reagent to make an infusion of the next level. For example, you could take two +2 infusions, combine them with a Thermocatalytic Reagent, and create a +3 infusion.”

Kinda confused about this: what happens to existing fine infusions? (Mighty/Precise infusions etc) Would suck to see them disappear given the 100 x T6 mats invested into all my accessories.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Once per day account bound daily chests. Hope everyone is happy with that too.

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Yes thank you for resetting the level of people that grinded to level 50-80 without any compensation. Now casuals doing level 10 fractals can get weapon skins as well how awesome… Not.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

oh and wait

so nothing? rune and sigil for what?

The ironic part is it would only be attractive for people in WvW as an alternative for Melandru Runes & bloodlust/perception Sigils >.>

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Well there where many of us who said the leaderboards where a bad idea right from the start, looks like it’s even worse then we thought.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

So, people like me who got to level 50 legitimately are gonna have all that progress wiped? Why not reset to 50? By their logic (giving everyone a equal playing field) they should reset to 0.