Fractal levels above 30 to be reset?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I agree with Moshari.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Nobody complaining here is worried they won’t be able to do it.

We are upset that our hard work, time, energy, and effort is be devalued by removing it.

Why are people so upset with us at wanting our work to be valued?

Because it does not lose its value, in any way or form.
Or are you suggesting that stuff is only valuable if you can wave it in front of people?

If you really hate this change so much it is rather easy to show your disappointment.
Stop playing the game. But funnily enough I am almost completely sure that most people complaining about it here will still be among the first to actually do the new Fractals when they are released and then rush to lvl 50.

I still like the game, but the company is pushing away. I still have friends that play and will continue to play. I never said I hate the game and don’t like, I hate that my level is being reset. I have never waived my level in front of anybody. Actually I know everybody here arguing doesn’t care what my level is.

Why do you play the game? To wave your level 80 in front of people’s face. This whole game is base upon progression, becoming stronger, more knowledgeable, etc. They removed my prepossession, therefore part of my game (or at least plan to). They are doing so for the people who were too lazy or too uninterested to level to 49. They are hurting the people they are designing the content for.

Like I have said a million times, the people who are being coddled to, will play fractals for about two weeks then never step foot inside again.

Anet said they are reseting levels due to leaderboards. Until they say otherwise, that’s all I will be addressing here on out.

Nobody wants leaderboards and it doesn’t make sense to reset levels because of “competing” for leaderboards.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I wouldn’t really want to post here as a dev with all the toxic comments here either tbh.
They have stated several times that they are reading the forums, even if they don’t post.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

JMar.3254

I wouldn’t really want to post here as a dev with all the toxic comments here either tbh.
They have stated several times that they are reading the forums, even if they don’t post.

What’s your fractals level?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don’t really see how that is really relevant, but I believe it was somewhere around lvl 35.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

We are upset that our hard work, time, energy, and effort is be devalued by removing it.

because it seems like you would rather them not make good changes.
you have said you want them to put new changes to the interestingness of fractals beyond the level 50 difficulty curve. Thats not correcting bad design.

you want them to autoscale you up to your old level in old content for the new content fix, not as bad, but kind of illogical.

even though people hate analogies, using previous MF changes, heres the analogous changes you propose.

require everyone to get and turn in a full set of MF gear before they access new magic find system

place me at equivalent mf from the start in new magic find system.
aka, instead of starting me at 0, start me at 150, although getting 150 is totally different in the new system.

your reasoning is mostly that you are losing prestige, you will have to hang out with undesirables, and your rewards wont be as good till you beat 10 fractals and get from 31-41.

prestige, doesnt really matter to me, hence why i dont care about leaderboards, and dont care if you get a title
hang out with undesirables is foolish, you can make parties among your high prestige friends if you wish.
your rewards are reduced for 10 fractals, slightly annoying but honestly doesnt seem like it should matter, considering fractals 30+ still have the same rewards you have been getting at 50 for months.

The only new reward is at 40+ and none of you have really earned the right to compete for it, since there are now special conditions that will probably alter builds and tactics for levels 31-50, not to say you cant get there, but you havent yet

JMar.3254

It’s obviously like, 78 or something. He’s really understanding of the situation. Duh.

Awwwwww yeeeahhhh

Good point. He seems very understanding of how people feel. He has also spoken of what fractals 30+ is like so I’m sure he has a great knowledge of that content.

JMar.3254

because it seems like you would rather them not make good changes.
you have said you want them to put new changes to the interestingness of fractals beyond the level 50 difficulty curve. Thats not correcting bad design.

you want them to autoscale you up to your old level in old content for the new content fix, not as bad, but kind of illogical.

even though people hate analogies, using previous MF changes, heres the analogous changes you propose.

require everyone to get and turn in a full set of MF gear before they access new magic find system

place me at equivalent mf from the start in new magic find system.
aka, instead of starting me at 0, start me at 150, although getting 150 is totally different in the new system.

your reasoning is mostly that you are losing prestige, you will have to hang out with undesirables, and your rewards wont be as good till you beat 10 fractals and get from 31-41.

prestige, doesnt really matter to me, hence why i dont care about leaderboards, and dont care if you get a title
hang out with undesirables is foolish, you can make parties among your high prestige friends if you wish.
your rewards are reduced for 10 fractals, slightly annoying but honestly doesnt seem like it should matter, considering fractals 30+ still have the same rewards you have been getting at 50 for months.

The only new reward is at 40+ and none of you have really earned the right to compete for it, since there are now special conditions that will probably alter builds and tactics for levels 31-50, not to say you cant get there, but you havent yet

You say I said a lot of stuff that I did not say.

You say I want or do a lot of things that I do not want or do.

Bad design by arenanet that was not touched for a year, is no reason to punish the playerbase, even if it is a minority.

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s obviously like, 78 or something. He’s really understanding of the situation. Duh.

Awwwwww yeeeahhhh

Good point. He seems very understanding of how people feel. He has also spoken of what fractals 30+ is like so I’m sure he has a great knowledge of that content.

I mean, it’s not like harpies knock you down in fractals above 10, right?

Gosh bros it’s not that hard

Awwwww yeeeaaaahhh

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

These are all high scores. And they’re all “just a number.” And they can all be reset as easily as fractal level. Some people care about them, others don’t. Fractal Level is also a high score. It is very important for a very devoted section of the Guild Wars community. Why turn your backs on them? They have every right to the number that is most important to them.

You know what happened to the Donkey Kong Machine around the corner whenever it was unplugged, or worse, they took it away for the NEW Donkey Kong Machine?

Yeah, it is a GAME. If you don’t think the game aligns with your values move on. If you were 80 before, I have no doubts you will be at the top of that leader-board, crushing, in no time.

The people who were 80 before, were so due to to skill. No one has taken their skills away.

PPl who have a house a good Job a legendary whatever got it through they’re Money personality Patience … sooo take em away they’re house they built and say build a new one . take away they’re Job and sayy hey it was just a Job your skill is still good take away all legendaries and say hey it’s just a legendary you have still the skill Money whatever to get a new one…

you get my Point?

All Money, Karma, WxP , PVPranks , Levels, Chars, Equiptment I have in this game I can get again. I have enough skill for it.. true so let’s just delete all?

The Point is they’re not taking my skill but my Time .. if they leave my reward Level I can do 81 and say hey I’m skilled enough for this new content do the achievs and put it aside. Now I have to grind up many hours just that maybe in a year when they release lvl 60 they will wipe it out again to have a race … does this makes sence .. nope.

Main reason they delete me is: I COULD PROOVE THAT 80 IS STILL THE HARDCAP AND THIS DUNGEON AIN?T EVER BE INFINITE! if they delete me I can’t Show this.. because I can’t Level up there again cause of the new hardcap. all the 80’s that did it past january patch can’t proove it because they can’t finish 80 I can proof it because I’m at 81 and will see if it ports me back to 80 when I open 81 as it did before or it doesn’t. Since a year I want an answer on this question I asked as soon as I realized 80 could be the cap if it is the cap.. I didn’t get an answer for a year now… So i really was hopping to find out this time:)

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

These are all high scores. And they’re all “just a number.” And they can all be reset as easily as fractal level. Some people care about them, others don’t. Fractal Level is also a high score. It is very important for a very devoted section of the Guild Wars community. Why turn your backs on them? They have every right to the number that is most important to them.

You know what happened to the Donkey Kong Machine around the corner whenever it was unplugged, or worse, they took it away for the NEW Donkey Kong Machine?

Yeah, it is a GAME. If you don’t think the game aligns with your values move on. If you were 80 before, I have no doubts you will be at the top of that leader-board, crushing, in no time.

The people who were 80 before, were so due to to skill. No one has taken their skills away.

Actually, we reached scale 80 by grinding it. If you could immediately try 79 then it would be due to skill.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Bottom line: people want something for their hardwork that will be erased.

Actually, we reached scale 80 by grinding it.

Hot.

[ARES]

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

I honestly think that what bothers me the most about this thread is simply the lack of ANET involvement.

People are getting really angry (I admit, I myself did). And not a single post to at least acknowledge that they are still reading this.
a sentence like “we ARE reading this thread and both sides of the argument” would probably go a long way towards making people feel less helpless in ANET enacting this change (and as such, reduce anger and increase constructive discussion).

Quoted for truth.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings all,

We are closing down this thread, as it has gone way out of scope of the original post. If you wish to give feedback about the Fractal changes, you should visit the Fractals sub-forum located here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured

When you give feedback, please be sure to keep all personal attacks, name-calling, and accusations of exploiting, hacking out of your posts. If you have any questions about this, you can review the Forum Code of Conduct here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules