Fractal weapon droprate...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

K… i now have done fractals 276 times!!!.. and never NEVER EVER get any weapon skin.. NEVER, not even once!!…..

What is WRONG with that kitten dungeon!!

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

broken like everything else in this game. i feel your pain. ive gotten 3x skins ever. harpoon, 2x daggers. ive ran a bit more than you..hundred or so fractals

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

One of a few reasons as to why I stopped doing Fractals. The time and effort spent on doing the Fractals is not really all that rewarding compared to other content. Battling with RNG is something I’ve never enjoyed either because every account I’ve made in games is cursed by bad RNG!

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

A token system would have improved the fractal reward experience immensely. I’m not saying make them easy to get.
250 Pristine Fractal Relics per weapon might be hard and take a long time to get but at least it’s something you can work on instead of rolling the dice forever.

If this change doesn’t come ( along with some revamped and improved rewards for FOTM) I fear fractals will die.

People have asked for these changes in the FOTM CDI thread but so far no luck.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Been playing FOTM since 2012 November.
Over 500 runs and 2 skins – Longbow (which I can’t use since I have no Ranger or Warrior) and Trident.
I wonder how many years will I have to play FOTM to get my Sword Skin I want?

I’m willing to bet BDS/VS Spear drop rates were much higher in GW1.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Been playing FOTM since 2012 November.
Over 500 runs and 2 skins – Longbow (which I can’t use since I have no Ranger or Warrior) and Trident.
I wonder how many years will I have to play FOTM to get my Sword Skin I want?

I’m willing to bet BDS/VS Spear drop rates were much higher in GW1.

I think the fractal skin drop rate is on par with BDS/VS drop rate from GW1. While those runs used to be fun and fast, the fractal runs are not so much fun anymore.

I have gotten pretty much every fractal skin except the dagger. I also got the fractal tonic, got lucky, but then again, I have been doing fractals since it began. These days I just run low level fractals (19-38) for ascended drops for my alts…don’t know why I even bother as these alts don’t see much action anyway.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

(edited by mage.3570)

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’ve seen person getting both Precursor and Ascended Armor drop in a single fractal run.
Meanwhile, I’m willing to get there are tons of people who have been playing as much as I have but have not received a single skin.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

K… i now have done fractals 276 times!!!.. and never NEVER EVER get any weapon skin.. NEVER, not even once!!…..

What is WRONG with that kitten dungeon!!

276 times… how cute. My first FotM weapon drop was Trident and by then, I already had the 500 fractals achievement. Got my second weapon (Axe) just 2 days ago, though I don’t count the number of fractals, I guess I’m around 800ish by now.

A token system would have improved the fractal reward experience immensely. I’m not saying make them easy to get.
250 Pristine Fractal Relics per weapon might be hard and take a long time to get but at least it’s something you can work on instead of rolling the dice forever.

Great suggestion, 100% support this! I mean, if you run fractals a lot, you’ll get barraged with them relics, yet you’ll get so many rings aswell, there’s simply no need to spend them on rings.

I’ve seen person getting both Precursor and Ascended Armor drop in a single fractal run.

Welcome to my world :/

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

Wanted the hammer, first lvl 22 fractal I did gave me the hammer.

Haven’t done fractals since. Sorry guys, bad luck!

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Was so sure they were gonna buff these drops or fix the fracatl weapon boxes that are supposed to be in the game or even introduce a ticket system with the beginning of the ls2 but I was terribly wrong and terribly disapointed…..

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

276 lol

come back and complain when you have a stack of pristines and no weapon skins

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I’ve probably topped 7-800 runs of fractals, so far I’ve had sword, axe, focus, longbow, sceptre, harpoon, shield. At least no doubles yet…

Posted by: knarf.2381

knarf.2381

I personally got into fractals recently (about 2 or 3 months ago) just to make the shiny fractal backpiece. On my way there, at around 290 runs, i got 5 skins (hammer, pistol, focus, mace & sword) and about 3 ascended boxes. Still want that dagger skin, but i haven’t come back since getting the backpiece. Btw, 3 skins dropped at lvl 26-28 and 2 at levels 36-38.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

RNG based items are usually a bad way to get people motivated to do content. That being said leave them in the drop pool for the daily fractal chest but give the option to buy them with the pristine relics. I’ve done over 700 sets and all I’ve gotten is the sceptor and torch. Both around level 25.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

276 times… how cute. My first FotM weapon drop was Trident and by then, I already had the 500 fractals achievement. Got my second weapon (Axe) just 2 days ago..

Fractal Frequenter counts single fractals. So the 500 you are mentioning are actually just 125 runs. Just sayin’

Also: Fix this please.
Also: This is the 100th thread about it with 0 dev replies.
Also: They won’t fix it.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I only got one skin since the Fractured update, I think it was staff or shield or something, and it seems I was lucky since I got it in one of the only 17 runs I did since that insulting update slapped me across the face. Before the update the skins dropped a LOT more, I have ~10 from back then (including 2 shields, 2 hammers, 3 spears – lucky me!). I started doing FOTM again, but slowly, 1-2 runs per week, not my usual pre-update daily 48 run. Maybe some day I’ll get that silly sword skin that I will probably never use since I find Infinite Light to be superior… But, heck, it’s on my mind so why not try for it…

And, yes, an exchange rate of pristine relics-to-fractal skins would be AWESOME. Maybe even one for the tens of rings lying uselessly in my bank chars’ inventories… Go-go Mellaggan’s Whorl power!!!!11

Never Forget.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Remember when Anet created a fractal weapon container and claimed it was in the game? And then the weapon box wasn’t added to the loot tables? gw2wiki remembers: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Gear_Box

The answer has been here for a long time.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

LOL i love how wiki says acquisition 51+ =D

Posted by: Adinay.2589

Adinay.2589

How has this still not been fixed? Cant be that hard to adjust the chances of items dropping.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got 11 of 19 skins. They drop quite frequently from lvl 30+ daily chests imho. Maybe one every 5-10 runs?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m closing in on 450 or so Fractal runs. Gotten one Fractal Shortbow skin (from level 12, no less). It’s really just down to luck.

I agree that being able to trade Pristine Relics for skins would be an excellent way to introduce a more viable way of getting them. A one-time reward of a Fractal Weapon box for completing Fractal Frequenter would also be a good idea.

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

I completed Fractal Frequenter a few times, I have several thousands of Fractal Relics and more than a hundred of Pristine Relics in my bank, both currencies are totally useless to me since Rings drops like crazy even in high level fractals.
To my record, I ONLY have 3 skins, you’d guess I would have more, but no, the reason is that I started Fractals AFTER the Fractured! release where the drop rates got severely broken and unrewarding. After such hype from Anet with the leaderboard and the instabilities, I thought they revamped the rewards so they would be more rewarding, but kitten I was wrong… they completely kittened up the rewards of the PVE’s end game and it makes me so sad………… at least I can say that i look fancy with my underwater fractal skins :/