in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Sounds convenient. I’m down.

Free Wardrobe for lvl 1-79

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Carrying Twilight and T3 armor on your lvl 5 as you progress through the game should be expensive IMO…

Posted by: RSmonster.3247

RSmonster.3247

Think it would be better to get a free charge whenever you unlock a new skin.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

While it would be nice, I don’t see it happen and anyway I replace my gear fairly quickly on levelling characters so usually I get to 80 and then worry about a look.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: southbeatz.2780

southbeatz.2780

I don’t think Anet will change this because they want to make money from it but a fair solution would be that if you use a transmutation charge on a skin, that skin should be free to transmute from then on out. It could be a one time charge for each skin so Anet would still sell the charges, just not as many. If you had a look you wanted from level 5 and it involved 5 pieces since you can’t use shoulders yet then you would spend 5 charges and be able to transmute those for free every time changing gear but Anet likely will never change it.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

After april 15th I haven’t even played PvE anymore, why do boring content, walk around like a noob when you can transmute looks ONCE in pvp and keep them forever?

I’m not sure if this is what Anet wanted, but I’m thinking most players have either quit playing the game altoghether or quit playing pve (and play pvp/wvw only).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

I’m not sure if this is what Anet wanted, but I’m thinking most players have either quit playing the game altoghether or quit playing pve (and play pvp/wvw only).

Im sorry….I wouldnt normally reply but id love to know where youre getting your information from, that most have quit and its due to the wardrobe. Its laughable to think that a major plus point of the content patch has driven people away. Its a great addition to the game and in my opinion has helped to draw people back.

I understand the issues regarding the new system compared to the old but in my opinion I think you can use the term ‘greater good’ here. Plus you can still get charges from map completion, a fact many leave out when talking about the wardrobe.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Im sorry….I wouldnt normally reply but id love to know where youre getting your information from, that most have quit and its due to the wardrobe. Its laughable to think that a major plus point of the content patch has driven people away. Its a great addition to the game and in my opinion has helped to draw people back.

I understand the issues regarding the new system compared to the old but in my opinion I think you can use the term ‘greater good’ here. Plus you can still get charges from map completion, a fact many leave out when talking about the wardrobe.

The player you have quoted has been saying people are quitting en-mass since the game opened. The reason why just changes every release. Just skim their post history.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The player you have quoted has been saying people are quitting en-mass since the game opened. The reason why just changes every release. Just skim their post history.

So why is it that of all the people I have known throughout the game, maybe a handfull still play? Whole guilds have left the game.

@Thereon: No, the wardrobe is not making people leave, but the april patch in itself was quite disappointing. Their main addition was the wardrobe, and while it is good we don’t have to unlock the skins anymore, it is pathetic that level 1-79 in PvE have to transmute stuff all the time in order to look cool (because most 1-79 gear looks plain stupid). And I think it’s clear that the one aim of the game is cosmetic, so why bother playing PvE if you are forced to grind transmutations?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

In my opinion you should permanently unlock the skin for free after your first purchase of said skin.

Maybe making the high-tier skins 1 crystal/use to keep people buying the shards.

This game encourages you to play more than one character, and is completely focused on skins at end-game. Gearing is already expensive, then comes skins.. it’s all very pricey.
It takes a very long time to farm this amount of money for the average player, and I think Anet expects everyone to flip the TP for cash.

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Assuming they for some reason can’t do it on an unlock basis (Transmute into a skin once and then be able to use that skin as many times as you want afterwards for no charge) then I think a fair way to do it would be to just charge for skins above a certain quality level. Have whites, blues and greens be free to transmute as many times as you want, but have yellows and above cost a charge per transmute.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The Wardrobe system is way too expensive for low level characters if you want to keep your favourite skins on them when you are updating your gear with better stats constantly.

I just wish it was free of transmutation charges until you hit level cap.

EDIT: Or if it was free to apply skins to fine, masterwork and rare items. But not sure how many non-elitists would actually prefer rare over exotic gear because of that.

Thoughts?

Wonderful how that evil “elitist” thing can get into each and every unrelated topic apparently. In that case, I give you an elitist no, you can pay for your transmutations just like “we” do.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

skins should be locked on the slot, it’s extremely expensive to keep the skin throughout 1-79 levels.
the wardrobe system actually brought me back to be more active in the game, make it slot locked and it makes playing this game so much more enjoyable.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Sure why not just strip Anet of all their potential to earn money?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I don’t think Anet will change this because they want to make money from it but a fair solution would be that if you use a transmutation charge on a skin, that skin should be free to transmute from then on out. It could be a one time charge for each skin so Anet would still sell the charges, just not as many. If you had a look you wanted from level 5 and it involved 5 pieces since you can’t use shoulders yet then you would spend 5 charges and be able to transmute those for free every time changing gear but Anet likely will never change it.

They’d probably sell even more charges, because people like buying permanent things. It would also make the wardrobe feel more like a wardrobe – You’d be able to change your look every day without worrying about cost, instead of wearing the same stale set of armor. Or even change appearance based on zone, or anything else.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

skins should be locked on the slot, it’s extremely expensive to keep the skin throughout 1-79 levels.
the wardrobe system actually brought me back to be more active in the game, make it slot locked and it makes playing this game so much more enjoyable.

The problem with slot locking is then I wouldn’t be able to create and carry around 3 distinct looks of armor at end game (and one of the sets is actually very different stat/rune-wise than the other two).

Now, if every slot allowed you to use a charge to apply it to 1 of 3-5 slot appearance variants, and you burned charges to set the slot variations, but then could flip those variations on the fly, that would work. Like having 3-5 ‘favorites’ for each slot, and you need to burn a charge to set a skin in one of the favorites for each slot. Switching to a favorite is free for a slot. Replacing a favorite costs the charge.

5 would be a bit greedy, but 3 would be nice.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’d like it to be equivalent with the old system; there was a “cheaper” cost to transmute below level 80. The lower-level stones converted at 3:1 when the wardrobe hit, maybe they could implement a different, easier-to-obtain charge for lower levels.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.