Free try's at PreCursor! & Crash the market

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neotko.3492

Neotko.3492

Ok… First off

People say that Profession Boxes can give you a Legendary (Edit: Pre Legendary), Correct?

Ok…

At the Queen’s battle area (the one that will last until tomorrow)

You can buy 1 Profession Box for 30 Silver and 30 items (screws?, sorry I don’t play in English)

Ok…

Then….

If 250 screws cost 20 silver and you sum that to the box, that’s arround umm 31-33 silvers, right?

Ok, now if you recycle the item it give’s you, you have arround 75% of getting at least 1 Glob of Ectoplasm…

Ok, 1 Glob of Ectoplasm cost at Bazzar 30-38 Silvers (it went higher since this weekend news).

ok ok…. now if you buy 100 boxes… Recycle around 97-99 Yellow items, get the Ectoplasm, go to the mystic Forge and mix the Runes and items it give’s you (so you can get some Exotic runes and seals)…

At the end, this weekend I opened around 2000-2500 Profession boxes, and I did some cash from Mystic Forge, recycle, repeat, etc…

Ok, now good luck at your Pre-Legendary!

And GO GO RUN, the market might crakitten

ell this for one reason,

I wan’t everyone to have fun

This might Crash the market on Globs of Ectoplasm – They went on EU server from 25 to almost 38 this weekend, that’s why this is possible to do at low or no cost.

After opening 2000 boxes I didn’t got my legendary, but around 35 exotics, so expect low results, that’s what random does

Almost, I have the portable Mistic Forge, that helps to speed up the process of buying-opening-recycling-forging-repeat process.

(edited by Neotko.3492)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You can not get a legendary from profession boxes.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Also, is the drop rate of a rare from those boxes that high? In my experience it’s much lower…

One – Piken Square

Neotko.3492

Sorry I mean, Pre-Legendary

Neotko.3492

That boxes ALWAYS give a rare, never a green or blue. It gives a Yellow or a low chance of Orange

Tom Gore.4035

Ok good to know. Sounds like they are almost worth it to buy now, financially thinking. Although the price of sprockets is also rising fast now.

One – Piken Square

Neotko.3492

The think I did enjoy was that you also get mithril, wood and Orichalcum Ore, Specially if you get Warrior Boxes that have items with less wood and more ‘metal’.

On some runs of 100 boxes only once I did end with 75 globs, but random it’s random. Don’t blame me if you only get 10 boxes and end with 0 globs, that can happen, that’s why it’s interesting if you do it on large quantities to get a better global %

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Precursor =/= legendary though, which is his point.

That said, I think I get the general gist of that OP. Maybe?
It’s not very clear

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Neotko.3492

Well, my gist it’s this… If many people get their Pre. The Precursor price might go down, and I might be able to afford mine. So this way I help the players and I might get mine also =)

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

What? Where do you get these boxes without paying Laurels for em? Do you need that royal pass thing? :\

Tom Gore.4035

Nope. They’re sold by the emissaries at the area you spawn in when you go to the pavillion.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: henry.1420

henry.1420

if you did not get any precursor from 2500 attempts I think we can say the chance is almost non-existent. You need to roll not only the 1%~2% chance of exotic and also the maybe 0.1%? chance within exotic to get precursor.
Anyways, a good idea to make money if ecto goes to like 38s again. One attempt costs like 35s and gives you ~0.9 ecto back.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I was not aware that these boxes could contain precursors.. Is this known for sure?

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

I was not aware that these boxes could contain precursors.. Is this known for sure?

Yes, they said precursor can drop from them when they added laurels in game.

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

This is horrible advice. You’re basically telling people to pay 60 silver for a yellow.

Source: I just went and did it with a ton.

Posted by: zaybug.9284

zaybug.9284

This is horrible advice. You’re basically telling people to pay 60 silver for a yellow.

Source: I just went and did it with a ton.

Sprockets were selling at 16c each for a very long time, 30 of them cost approx. kitten

I was paying 34.5 silver per box, and opened a few thousand myself. Any Staff / Greatsword went on TP for a profit, all else was salvaged.

Approximatly 1 in 20 gave me an exotic. This was VERY profitable for a while (but a LOT of clicking)

Now hoping the 100k Sprockets I bought go up!

Posted by: Hamartia.3421

Hamartia.3421

Yeah, so its 30 silver just to buy the box, and then whatever it costs for the sprocket.

I lost like 20 gold on this just now. Its stupid as hell.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

What you have to realize is that the people that see a real benefit are those that can purchase a large amount. Small purchases are most likely going to give bad results unless you get really lucky.
It’s a lot like tossing items into the mystic forge.
I won’t do this only because I have 100gold and 7 more characters to get exotic gear for.
Just another example of the rich getting richer and the poor too poor to play the odds.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Might be some profit here, but only if you already have stacks upon stacks of sprockets.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Possibly someone who just wants to raise the price on sprockets posted this.. lol

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

no one forced you to lose 20 gold on it, he gave advice and it didn’t work out for you. i had no issue using all the stacks of leftover sprockets i had to buy a couple hundred warrior boxes, i ended just over breaking even and didn’t really care for it but prefered doing that rather then just selling the sprockets for next to nothing.

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I did this with the thousands of sprockets I already had. Only got one cheap exotic armor. I Mystic Forged the weapons I did get and got Zap

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Or you could just go and farm the invasions, make a kittenload of money AND get a precursor for free

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet