Some issues I find frustrating

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

I dinged 80 and have of course no gold at all. I have been playing mostly in WvW which I enjoy. But the PvE side of things makess me shut it off.

Firstly, did level 72 personal story. It was in an underwater cave maze. Each time you died it said swim to the surface, which you couldn’t of course. Eventyally ended up getting lost. kitten that was annoying, took me forever to find a passage way up just below the surface tucked away in a corner.

Then wanted to get some skillpoints, stilll level 80 in 74 zone. Ran into an an event with a veteran and a dead player. Ressed him, we tried to fight but they respawned faster than we could kill them. We died, he gave up, I was taking a breather as someone else came by. He ressed me and aggroed mobs. Respawns started all around us and killed us both.

Ressed in town decided to go somewhere else, wanted to mine while swimming and as I am mining a champion shark shows up and oneshots me.

Ressed and ignored the ores. Landed on and island with a vista and a skillpoint. 4 or 5 of us running around can’t find the way up. It is on another island and it’s a jumping puzzle. The couple of us trying fall down, someone with speed makes the jump. I use speed and make the jump. More puzzles ahead and as I fall down again I instantly hit escape and shut down the game.

That was what, 2 hours of getting angry.

If they want to have people stay in their game, they should understand that for the most of the time, people in an MMO need to be chilling and paying semi attention, while reading chat and just relaxing. Or they won’t last for+3 hours.

When they take the basic running around and make it pure frustration, people stay for 45 minutes of concentration and anger, logs of and stay away for the game for much longer than they would have, if they had had a good time.

Felix.2613

And all the while of course, mobs attacked and crippled as you just wanted to get whatever you were doing done. In the end I was like: SMURF the SMURf away from me you SMURFING SMURFS.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I know how you feel. It’s like everything crawling out of the woodwork to act as some kind of unyielding resistance to even the most simple of player intent.

Posted by: Devious Criminal.6573

Devious Criminal.6573

This whole thread is screaming “I’m really bad at this game and I need someone to spoon feed me.”

Maybe you should look at your surroundings, a Champion Shark indicates a group event, which should have told you that on the map. Jumping puzzles for vistas? Nothing new here except that you have to have patience and actually kill mobs on your way there.

Felix.2613

Oh is that what it’s screaming?

Just one thing. I’m absolutely convinved that you can’t play a single session witout raging and swearing. Then you go on forums, clearly the rage contained, and lash out at someone random.

I server firsted in a raid guild through the whole of Burning Crusade, had the Gladiators title and whatever. I stayed in that game because…

But I don’t need this, you stay here and wallop in your own sorrows.

Redfeather.6401

That’s not what it’s about at all devious. It’s about how many different elements of the game can come together to make a player feel trapped in a hopeless situation. I have logged out in frustration too a couple of times.

It can be solved by developers being more conscientious of things like re-spawn rates, level design (especially underwater levels) and being kinder for missing a jump in some of them jumping puzzles. Some jumping puzzles have such awkward terrain and player box problems that cause weird behaviours and camera issues which in turn make make very specific jumps artificially more difficult then they should be.

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Felix.2613

I know how you feel. It’s like everything crawling out of the woodwork to act as some kind of unyielding resistance to even the most simple of player intent.

Yep, it’s the griefing way of making an MMO last longer. But, it will just make people log off sooner.

Redfeather.6401

some players find to easy, some too hard, some not enough
rewarding, some too simple, some too complicated, some too social, some too lonely, some too grindy, some….

seriously:
GTFO

Felix is not generalizing. Gave very specific examples of situations that frustrated him. I recognized why they frustrated him and included solutions in my last post. Please be constructive!

Redfeather.6401

Here is an example of a jumping puzzle part that is always frustrating me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mwQ4i_AwE&t=2m9s

The camera and collision combine to make that part super frustrating for my asura character. This next video gives a bit of an idea of the camera issue I face is like, but it doesn’t show the weird collision and play box issues I get on my asura.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuBT7gBe0SM&t=7m22s

Posted by: Imperial Thor.5487

Imperial Thor.5487

I don’t have these problems nor have I ever logged out in rage, However I do see this same topic in the same areas, I do agree it does need tuned down some, Whether or not the player is bad or good those players are somewhat a majority and need to be kept interested otherwise this will be a game where only a couple hundred player. Maybe a couple thousand none the less not enough to keep ArenaNet satisfied enough to waste more money into a game that is slowly dying….

You people who sit there and yell GTFO to players who have issues need to take you’re own advice and just quit if the only helpful information is “QQ it’s to hard than GTFO” Or the classic “Go back to WoW”.

None the less, Felix, I would take a break and come back at a later date, I am sure eventually they’ll change some of the Orr areas for the better. It just came out and they seem to be making progress unlike some other games.

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

That’s not what it’s about at all devious. It’s about how many different elements of the game can come together to make a player feel trapped in a hopeless situation. I have logged out in frustration too a couple of times.

It can be solved by developers being more conscientious of things like re-spawn rates, level design (especially underwater levels) and being kinder for missing a jump in some of them jumping puzzles. Some jumping puzzles have such awkward terrain and player box problems that cause weird behaviours and camera issues which in turn make make very specific jumps artificially more difficult then they should be.

I agree the respawn rates are really crazy at times. By the time I killed the 2nd mob, the first mob respawns again right behind me. It actually happened an hour ago, was overwhelmed by centaurs, killed a few of them, then get KO. Rallied and got back up, kill centaurs again and KO again. Rinse repeat.

This went on for at least 3 times by then I withstood like 6 waves of centaurs all by myself. I reckoned I killed at least 30 of these. And this isn’t the only time that it happened and is significantly worst if it takes you forever to kill a mob.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

There are some areas where the mobs are just insane (Orr anyone?). In those cases it’s best to group up, or at the very least, run around with others.

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

If Orr is too hard, they have a feature called downleveling that lets you do the more forgiving zones.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Baileys Irish.5928

Baileys Irish.5928

I love to solo and do so except in dungeons…but, in GW I even did the dungeons with only my Heroes and some Henchmen. I truly miss that. Anyway, I agree that the mob re-spawn rate is horrible. While trying to get to the Vista in Lions Arch…where the ship wrecks are on an island…I tried for 4 hours to get there but, the mobs (pirates) were re-spawning faster that I could get up that high. I never give up but I did yesterday because I just can’t keep killing all those mobs that come at you 5-6 at one time. You keep dying and starting all over again. Very discouraging. Glad to know I’m not the only one that is having a problem with it. They need to correct the re-spawn rate and spread some of the mobs out a little.

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

I hear ya bud. I agree the Orr zones are designed pretty horrible. I think a lot of it is simply from lack of testing. Hence most of the dynamic events and skill points bugged to hell and back.

Posted by: AkAseo.5937

AkAseo.5937

It even looks garbage as you look across an open piece of ground and there are like 40 mobs in an area big enough for maybe 4, all standing still (No Pathing)facing the same direction like someone just copied and pasted mobs onto the scenery haphazardly, in a couple areas they have fewer mobs with interlocking paths which makes the environment more realistic but mostly it’s just pasted trash with 0 thought or effort.

AkAseo.5937

And the worst part..a fundamental piece of the game ie dodging is rendered useless as you are terrified to dodge because of the super high likelihood you are going to dodge INTO a respawned mob you killed 5 seconds ago thus pulling 2,3,4 mobs and ending in utter disaster. Spread them out a bit allow us to kite that veteran to death using skill instead of getting it to 50% before pulling 300 adds which happens a lot of the time.

AkAseo.5937

And yellow mobs pathing through your aoe on the ground that you were busy kiting a mob through, meaning you end up with 1 veteran, 2 crappy normal mobs and 3 gazillion golden moas on your A**.

I should log off now gettig angry thinking about it.

Redfeather.6401

This might be cool, but I think yellow mobs should react to fighting going on nearby, in that they should flee from it. Tyria’s deer, pig and moa population should be more timid and less apathetic.

Deer is all like “I see a meteor shower being cast on an ogre up ahead, but I ain’t going to change my direction.”
Then the deer gets too close and gets hit by a meteor. Now the deer acts like player intended it to happen, and the deer suddenly needs to dedicate the rest of it’s short life to killing this player.
What the heck deer!

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Please do not dumb the game down for the few who want to play while not actually paying attention.

Tell them that if they want to be “chilling” and “paying semi attention” then they shouldn’t be trying to do a jumping puzzle at the same time.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

If Orr is too hard, they have a feature called downleveling that lets you do the more forgiving zones.

Yeah, for crap loot, XP and Karma. No thank you!

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

Must be just me then. Cause I am not having this problem at all. I agree some places respawn is pretty fast. But so what, it’s challenging. I like challenge. I like having to change my tactics. I like not being to zerg all the time and face roll everything. That to me is what gets borring.

Jumping puzzles, although fustrating at times to me is fun. I like having an element of great risk (falling to death etc). Whats the point of doing it if it’s easy and handed to you? Granted dieing and having to respawn away from the area you are in sux. Shelling out money for gear repair sux too. But hey that’s the penalty for dieing. So be it.

This is my personal opinion. I am not speaking for anyone else. Like alot of posters do…. “well the vast majority… blah blah blah.” I would like to see some coroborating evidence for this. Saying that it comes up in the forums alot and is an indication of…. blah blah blah, is not proof of anything.

Forums is not the place people need to look to for the “majority” because in my opinion the vast majority of posters only QQ and rage or have fanboism. One extreme or the other. The majority I suspect are having too much fun in the game to spend alot of time posting on the forums. Again just my opnion, not fact.

I agree there are some issues that I have with the game that I feel need fixing. Like way point cost. It believe it needs to scale with the distance… not the level. Scaling with the toons level makes no sense to me. Should be with distance traveled. And there are a few annoying things but none of them game breaking, just slightly annoying.

Felix.2613

I don’t have these problems nor have I ever logged out in rage, However I do see this same topic in the same areas, I do agree it does need tuned down some, Whether or not the player is bad or good those players are somewhat a majority and need to be kept interested otherwise this will be a game where only a couple hundred player. Maybe a couple thousand none the less not enough to keep ArenaNet satisfied enough to waste more money into a game that is slowly dying….

You people who sit there and yell GTFO to players who have issues need to take you’re own advice and just quit if the only helpful information is “QQ it’s to hard than GTFO” Or the classic “Go back to WoW”.

None the less, Felix, I would take a break and come back at a later date, I am sure eventually they’ll change some of the Orr areas for the better. It just came out and they seem to be making progress unlike some other games.

I think that those saying I must suck… Thy rage too. Maybe next time they rage they can hear me laugh. Ironically.
Anyways Arenanet put out some numbers saying how proud they were that 30% who logged in queued up for WvW. They hope to see that number rise.

Well in a couple of weeks that might be 50%, then later 75%. Bet Arenanet won’t be boasting then, seeing their ratio number means they have made all the PvE players log of and they have no PVE players left.

Woohooo, 100% who log in play WvW, yeah, thats bad news dude.

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

I’d like to see the Risen nerfed. And then they can start looking at increasing respawn times (so we don’t get crazy repops before we’ve finished killing the last mobzerg) and reducing mob density. Needs to be done or tons of people once they finally get to 80 (looks to me like there are still a fair number of people without one L80 still) will /ragequit en masse.

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

This just sounds like a personal issue, if you paid more attention to your surroundings, you wouldn’t have put yourself in this situation.

On a side note, I can’t understand how you can say you were in a serious raiding guild in WoW and at the same time say that you should only have to pay semi-attention to the game. Doesn’t add up.

But seriously, the zone you were in, Straights of Devastation, is not hard. The jumping puzzle can give people issue if they aren’t experienced in platformers, but the rest of the stuff is pretty simple. Again it brings me back to what you said again, in a game where raiding is so serious, you were a part of a guild that took part in that seriousness, but you failed to notice the “New Event Nearby” pop up in the middle of your screen, the orange text in the top right corner, and the orange skull on the minimap signifying that there is a huge champion shark in the area….

Come on, dude.

lollie.5816

@the guy above. Either you only run in the DE zergs, play pvp and nothing else, or don’t care about moving across maps quickly as you do in any other normal game.

Or haven’t got to L80 yet. Or just trying to flex your kitten (and failing, because any honest person is going to say mob density and etc is completely off in these areas).

lollie.5816

Meh, I’d edit my post but forum is broken (no editing option).

You can’t properly kite dodge and roll in Orr area, which is how we’re supposed to play the game, because of the mob density/respawn rate.

This is obviously a total ballsup.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I kind of understand the frustration of the respawn time especially in orr. I am not using high dps build so it takes a little longer to kill and as a mesmer it makes it worse with the kiting/ clones and bouncing attacks that that attract the neighbouring mob as well. There are times when the incessant stream of mobs just makes me exclaim “ridiculous”. I had to retreat to a safer place ( hard to find in Orr) or break out my elite and hope it works.

That said though the main culprit of dying is still lag and gravity.

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

If you’re complaining about normal leveling zones I guess you haven’t even touched the dungeon content.

First, it’s hard to be sympathetic towards you when your first argument is “I was server first in blabla”.

That’s what everyone says, either that or they were in a top raiding guild. Sure thing.

Whatever it doesn’t matter you’re playing wrong.
First if a champion shark one hitted you, your skill allocations arent’t right for leveling.
Second, I like the concept of having to stay on your toes all the time. If you get constantly killed you aren’t geared properly and should come back later.

If you are geared and still die, well, BC had some of the most complex raids in terms of difficulty so I don’t know how you had skill for that and still die in GW2.

Wait till you don CoE and then update your post.

Oh and be more humble next time, being arrogant doesn’t buy you partisans.

Posted by: Sevens.6390

Sevens.6390

Meh, I’d edit my post but forum is broken (no editing option).

You can’t properly kite dodge and roll in Orr area, which is how we’re supposed to play the game, because of the mob density/respawn rate.

This is obviously a total ballsup.

I do agree with the mob respawn rate….it needs to be looked at in all zones, but Im thinking Orr was suppose to be a group zone? Not really meant to go in there and solo the place, Im thinking a group would have much less of a problem in there

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Orr is not supposed to be an inviting happy easy zone to be in, I really like that they jam packed it with mobs and respawns.. we aren’t meant to casually waltz around mining/chopping all the things

So many posts like this will probably have arenanet ruin what they have made.. really sad imo

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

I avoid Orr as much as possible.

So many posts like this will probably have arenanet ruin what they have made..

It’s already underutilized due to its design.

The only events in Orr that are mandatory are the temple events. Everything else should basically be soloable.

Compare Orr to Frostgorge; I can’t do an event in Frostgorge without someone randomly joining me, and whenever the Claw of Jormag event is up, half the zone or more magically appears at the event.

Orr just isn’t very friendly. I also personally find it to be visually unappealing, and the mobs are more frustrating than interesting.

This was all avoidable, because it was blatantly on display in WAR’s public quests (which A.net did an otherwise nice job of refining into DEs).

Err, this thread is talking about Orr, not dungeons.

You obviously didn’t read past the first line.

The entire original post describes Orr. Care to point out where it discusses dungeons?

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Posted by: Agenteusa.6380

Agenteusa.6380

@Ansultares.1567

Geez another one…

Can’t you understand I just meant that if he thinks Orr is hard cause mobs kill him all the time he’ll want to slit his wrists open when he gets to dungeons.

I do give an input about Orr though.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

The major problem of Orr is really the respawn rate of monsters. I get it, it is supposed to be tough, being Zhaitan´s backyard and all, but it is really frustrating clearing dangerous mobs for quite some time to get to that SP or whatever and have the first one respawn the moment the last one goes down (not to speak of the “realism” aspect).

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

I actually thoroughly enjoy the jumping puzzles. To the point that I have completed all of the achievement ones except a couple of the WvWvW ones, and the Jormag one, and one I need to head back and do now I have time.

I find some of them challenging, (the griffon rookery springs to mind), but never to the point of frustration, as I enjoy the challenge.

In reference to the story mission your referring to, I actually enjoyed it. The items you collect to open doors in an underwater temple, then have to have a look around for the next way through.

I happen to like exploring, and I like the idea of hearing a door open somewhere else in the temple and having to have a look for it, rather than having something telling me exactly where I must be at all times.

As for Orr’s mob placement, I have had times where it’s wound me up, but times where I saw my own error, and how I could have avoided certain lethal encounters. Again, I like learning from mistakes.

I can only assume your talking about the Risen Megladon (big shark, which also happens to be marked on your mini map) near Fort Trinity, whome I charged into only to get eaten in one shot as well. Except my reaction was; “oh well, won’t be attacking him on my own again”, and not banging my head against the desk.

Yes, I see the broken skill points/events too, and yes, whilst I am a little disappointed, I don’t throw my toys out of the pram, and will just go back to them after the next patch. Patience is a virtue after all.

The point I am trying to make, is enjoyment of somethings all down to attitude towards things.

I have total wanderlust in this game. I am more than happy (at level 80) to just wander round zones doing things, run an explorable here and there, or hop into pvp.

I enjoy challenging content, and I don’t get frustrated with dying in a video game, or lack the patience to come back and do something later.

Edit: Typo (and another, same word twice, doh)

(edited by Pants.8315)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

“Firstly, did level 72 personal story. It was in an underwater cave maze. Each time you died it said swim to the surface, which you couldn’t of course.”

Actually, you could. There’s a hole in the roof that allows you to recover. Of course, not that it matters since the Krayt with bleed, pull, knockback, etc., will get you anyway. Oh, and don’t expect your NPC friend to hold aggro. The veteran fights are relatively easy, though the last two before the champ won’t have the NPC with you so you’ll have to solo them, and they’re soloable at least for an elementalist.

" Ressed him, we tried to fight but they respawned faster than we could kill them. We died, he gave up, I was taking a breather as someone else came by. He ressed me and aggroed mobs. Respawns started all around us and killed us both."

Terrible, but you have to understand that those events are balanced around far more than just a couple of people. Oh, if you attack a clam risen will spontaneously spawn around you =(

Posted by: Kuddleguts.2501

Kuddleguts.2501

I’ll agree as far as the respawn rates go. Sometimes Orr feels like it wasn’t tested enough in that one regard. I have to (respectfully of course) disagree with all other calls for nerfing though. If the map is easily soloable for a fresh 80, it’ll be a mindless farmfest for anyone with gear. I enjoy having to pay attention, and probably wouldn’t have much fun in Orr if all that was required of me was “chilling and paying semi attention.” If a player’s build (or skill level – not necessarily people on this thread – don’t freak out) isn’t quite up to hitting Cursed Shore, he shouldn’t feel any shame in working one of the previous zones for a while and collecting some karma and money. God knows he’ll probably want the mats if he’s crafting at all.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Yeah, for crap loot, XP and Karma. No thank you!

But they drop crafting mats that are level appropriate for the zone too.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Interesting that the OP’s gripes about the PvE world are almost precisely my gripes about needing to jump into WvW to get things like monthly achievements and map completion done. The only difference is that typically, PvE is FAR easier. It’s strange to me that someone might have such a problem accomplishing tasks in the PvE world, when they are just dealing with mobs and their limited AI, instead of players. who are harder to kill and far more devious.

But to be fair, some of the jumping puzzles are tricky and it’s almost necessary to reach some places in a group.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Please do not dumb the game down for the few who want to play while not actually paying attention.

Tell them that if they want to be “chilling” and “paying semi attention” then they shouldn’t be trying to do a jumping puzzle at the same time.

I agree with this.

If you don’t want to pay attention the go to lower level area. They’re very easy with 80 gear and traits and you still gain useful amounts of karma. It’s not like they give you 5 karma per event.

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I have noticed a trend on these forums lately (much like all other mmo forums)

These people just want to be handed everything, and if they have to work for something then it’s ANet’s fault and they are ruining the game.

I have seen posts complaining about traits not being FREE to reset, gear being to hard to get and they had spent an entire 2 days trying and hadn’t gotten their set yet, and now this one.

The game isn’t a easy one, maybe get some friends and try the quest if it is to hard…this is a social game.

If you need money, find ways to ear it, you wont be spoon fed everything…it’s up to YOU to make your own adventure.

Posted by: Dragonlord.6748

Dragonlord.6748

I havent read all the replies here, but I have to agree with the OP.

Far too often I try to fight my way to something, be it a resource node, skill point or something else entirely, only to find that mobs respawn faster than I can kill them.

I have even noticed in some placed that mobs respawn instantly after I kill them.
There has been a few places where a mob was “guarding” an ore node.
I kill the mob to get to the ore, only to have the mob respawn again the instant I kill it, with the dead body disappearing with the loot as if it was reset.

As if that was not enough, the amount of cripple, pulls, knockbacks and other CC skills the mobs have are ridiculous.
All mobs seem to have at least 3 if not more CC skills of some sort, and these skills either have a very long duration or a very short cooldown, which means they can perma CC you.
And dont tell me to use my anti CC skills, as they have a very short duration with a long cooldown, and most mobs just CC you again right after you use any of your skills that break their CC making them useless.

Its very frustrating as I feel that I’m being forced to kill every single mob in a zone just to get to what I want.

Posted by: Shadey.2180

Shadey.2180

For someone who server first a raid dungeon in WoW its amazing to actually see the rage in being killed in a difficult area. Dont you have friends or guildies you can ask for assistance?

If jumping puzzles were easy, it would be no fun accomplishing that(what if your server first raid instance was easy, would u feel the need to say you did it?)
Its been said over and over, vistas are optional, if you feel frustrated move on and come back at a later time or just leave it be. If u want to have world completion, heres a suggestion, WORK for it, I know people with that star beside their name, one is a close friend and he didnt glitch anything to get it…

For Orr, many people were and still is complaining about the lack of guild endgame, yet it has been said that a whole map is geared towards group events. If you want to solo and not a warrior/guardian dont go Orr, its simple as that.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I might suggest Frostgorge Sound… I realize that’s not where Arah or your skill points are, but it’s much less frustrating in terms of farming, though much fewer spawn points for ancient wood and orichalcum.

The three maps that make up Orr can be annoying just because of all the mobs packed in there as well as their abilities to cripple, daze, pull, and all sorts of general annoying if you just wanna go from point A to B.

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

I’m disappointed because travel or Orr (and much of the rest of the game) is artificially difficult. It’s the Hand of Development showing up in all it’s non-glory. It’s not challenging, it’s irritating.

16 mobs on screen at once, perfectly placed to make getting by them without getting into a fight impossible, with a ludicrous aggro range and respawn rate, combined with geometry that forces you to encounter them.

I mean… is wanting to be able to sneak around them such a crime? It shouldn’t be “guaranteed” that I’ll get by them, but at least make it possible.

Anybody else notice that there are soooooo many obstructions just kind of laying around in this game that force you to circle around them? Especially in Orr?

With no “climb” ability, and the jumping being… dodgy at best due to camera troubles, not to mention that these obstacles are unjumpable by intentional and malicious design, just getting from one end of the zone to the other becomes a grind.

Posted by: Howitzer.4839

Howitzer.4839

This whole thread is screaming “I’m really bad at this game and I need someone to spoon feed me.”

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Finally, a game that causes some frustration from actual challenge.

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

This IS an mmo.
you could always…you know….ask a guildmate for help?

Posted by: KJBRAY.5671

KJBRAY.5671

So basically, if you have to use your brain slightly. You ragequit? Gotcha.

Posted by: Katie Feathermoore.5031

Katie Feathermoore.5031

Also I would suggest that the majority of casual players (myself included) haven’t leveled up to 80 yet and therefore Orr is still underpopulated. Once a majority of players hit 80 I think the population will shift more into the higher level zones. The people at low level zones will have to solo (which will be fine and easy) and there will be more groups in the Orr zones.

Posted by: Campana.9216

Campana.9216

I think your issue is mainly that you have been PvPing and not playing any of the PvE content. You then jumped straight into a max level zone without having learned the, um, dangers that environment presents.

The respawn on mobs is pretty insane and Orr can be a very annoying if you rush in without paying attention. I’d recommend you try lower level zones if all you are looking for is chilling out time with one hand on the keyboard. If all PvE zones were like that the game would be very boring for PvEers.

But think about it the other way around. If you were a high level PvE player who hasn’t PvPed – would you jump straight into WvW or sPvP and expect to faceroll instantly? Probably not…