Fused Weapons

Fused Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cthulhu.1432

Cthulhu.1432

I don’t want to make any of You pepole mad now, i got my token at first chest xD

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

this is how destroyer weapons should be looking like.

After been a fan of Destroyer weapons for so long since GW1, sadly I must agree. In GW1 the Lava flowed through the weapons and they looked REALLY cool! Whereas in GW2 most Lava-based weapons are stationary orange blobs. Titans’ Vengeance is an example of this, Destroyer weapons less so. At least Volcanus has flames.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: LtTiger.4568

LtTiger.4568

Well.. With my luck in this game, I won’t even bother buying chest-keys and try. I woun’t get any that rare anyways.. So tnx for nothing I guess.. :P

Fused Weapons

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I don’t want to make any of You pepole mad now, i got my token at first chest xD

I have a nephew who is not very smart with money, and right now he is buying keys from Gem Store and opening chests from the TP. He is up to 211 chests opened and no fused weapon tickets yet. -.-

I guess he is a reason why Anet is using gambling -.-

Fused Weapons

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

So I guess I have both luck and discipline. I bought 5 keys, and only 5 keys, and I got 2 medium Guild commends and a fused weap-ticket. Also a repair.

So I feel pretty lucky.

I wonder if it is better to buy 5 than 50? I would normally assume every RNG result on these is independent.

I wonder if they are tracking negative forum vibes against our accounts, and I have been such a positive, lighted-hearted, mildly sarcastic fellow that I haven’t accrued any negative vibes (until now).

Hey, it could be true – people here keep telling me that there is no depth to which Arenanet won’t go to grief the players.

Or maybe they reward conspiracy theories? Nah.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I don’t know if I really will keep playing GW2, considering the road Anet is going.
It’s really getting a pay-to-win game. Yes I know you don’t need the skins as they wont improve your stats or anything, but frank an MMO is about getting new gear and style items. But hey I need to invest real money for that..

Seriously?

Please tell me what is pay to win in this game?

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

i love that people knew BEFORE this game was released that all the stuff on the gem shop was gonna be cosmetic. Lo and behold, it all is! The description in the update notes says “Rare chance” and people still try 200 times and then whine incessantly when they don’t hit the jackpot. I for one am superstoked that they are account bound so that people aren’t tempted to gamble to sell them for a lot of money. I think this is a better system to protect people with tendencies toward gambling addiction that can’t help themselves.

I would much rather be able to choose the weapon skin I want, rather than waste all my money gambling for it. There are 16 available weapons. What if I only want one of them?

Leave them account bound, Just let me choose the one I want.

You get a token in the chests, that you can trade in at the vendor in Lion’s Arch for whichever weapon skin you prefer.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Fused Weapons

Posted by: ContraBit.9174

ContraBit.9174

Got a ticket on my 4th try, all from lvling my alts and exploring maps.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Up to 18 tries now, no ticket so far.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

I don’t know if I really will keep playing GW2, considering the road Anet is going.
It’s really getting a pay-to-win game. Yes I know you don’t need the skins as they wont improve your stats or anything, but frank an MMO is about getting new gear and style items. But hey I need to invest real money for that..

Seriously?

so what was the purpose of this post? you just said its a pay to win game then u said that you dont need the skins essentially saying its optional……….. -_- everything is obtainable by getting gold which isnt that hard to do.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Imho, adding this kind of stuff to the BLCs is a terribad idea.
Arenanet should add the tickets as guaranteed single purchases from the Gem Shop for like 400 gems each instead. Many people do not like to gamble and will just not buy keys for something that has a near non-existant chance to drop.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Still gambling, just not as bad as you thought it was. But still bad to have gambling imo.

“Gambling” is creating a less predictable set of circumstances as the vast majority of primates (and therefore gamers) get a much better dopamine and seratonin response for being rewarded intermittantly and inconsistently than in a predictable and regular fasion.

I’ll put that in another way for the folks who don’t like psych talk – you get more happy in your chappy when your win comes up and the chances were crappy.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

You realize that this is probably more of a giant gold sink than a cash grab?

I’m sure a ton of people are spending a lot of real money to get those keys, but I’m sure there are a lot more that are using the gold to gem exchange to buy the keys instead.

Either way, it’s good for ANET. Either they make some quick cash from the gem store, or they get rid of a ton of gold from the game.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

Arenanet should add the tickets as guaranteed single purchases from the Gem Shop for like 400 gems each instead. Many people do not like to gamble and will just not buy keys for something that has a near non-existant chance to drop.

thats not true because people are doing it. if people want it they will do what it takes to get it based on the means necessary to obtain it…. you’re wrong. the grind necessary to get a legendary didnt stop some from crafting them. everything isnt going to be handed to you on a silver platter i dont see why people would want it that way as everyone would be running around with the same fused swords. -_-

Fused Weapons

thisolderhead.5127

I understand that some people don’t realise why the “gamble” is so important to satisfaction, so won’t address that again.

However you seem to be missing the other part of this equation – for every chest opened the chances of further keys and potentially valuable other items arises, and the value of the BLC contents has been underrated since launch with the same few people down-talking it as were crusading against EVERY form of RNG in the game (which is a complete failure of human psych applied to MMORPGs).

Good way of advertising a resource that is being under utilised, make a few bucks in the gem store, and offer a bit of something the GW1 bitter-vets (yes I stole the EvE term – its appropriate) have been crying out for.

Please try again.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I really love the dagger. Too bad it requires gambling. :< Which is something I don’t enjoy. Are the skins sellable?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Fused Weapons

Hermes.7014

I’m sure a ton of people are spending a lot of real money to get those keys, but I’m sure there are a lot more that are using the gold to gem exchange to buy the keys instead.

Either way, it’s good for ANET. Either they make some quick cash from the gem store, or they get rid of a ton of gold from the game.

Perhaps it is a good gold sink for farmers, but it hurts casual and slightly less casual players who do not want to spend real money on lottery tickets on a game they can play only on the perhaps short free time they have.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

I really love the dagger. Too bad it requires gambling. :< Which is something I don’t enjoy. Are the skins sellable?

Account Bound sadly

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

anet is fully aware that humans are irrational creatures, and exploiting it efficiently.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

not worth it, because its really u.g.l.y. even cof stuff looks slightly better!

Fused Weapons

Posted by: MikeRocks.9243

MikeRocks.9243

Perhaps it is a good gold sink for farmers, but it hurts casual and slightly less casual players who do not want to spend real money on lottery tickets on a game they can play only on the perhaps short free time they have.

True, but I don’t think ANET is aiming for the casual crowd with this. The less super rich people they have in their game, the better it is for them. Plus, the casual gamers that are poor are more likely to buy the gems with cash, which also helps ANET.

Anyway, with it being roughly 2.75g at the moment for 100 gems, it costs 3 gold 43 silver per key if you buy them individually. I’d say every key bought with gold is a win for ANET when it comes to leveling off the uber rich in the economy.

The Long Road
Goal: To have one character of every race, gender, and armor class combination at level 80.
Current progress: Human 4/6 | Charr 1/6 | Norn 1/6 | Sylvari 1/6 | Asura 1/6 | Total: 8/30

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

100g into keys got sharted. THANKS ANET!!!

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

100g into keys got sharted. THANKS ANET!!!

sharted on**

Fused Weapons

thisolderhead.5127

And these are targetted at a slightly different player group, hence why they don’t quite mesh with (but are still completely available to you despite) your game play style, desires, and commitments.

Please try again.

Fused Weapons

thisolderhead.5127

True, but I don’t think ANET is aiming for the casual crowd with this. The less super rich people they have in their game, the better it is for them. Plus, the casual gamers that are poor are more likely to buy the gems with cash, which also helps ANET.

Anyway, with it being roughly 2.75g at the moment for 100 gems, it costs 3 gold 43 silver per key if you buy them individually. I’d say every key bought with gold is a win for ANET when it comes to leveling off the uber rich in the economy.

Hate to break this to you but those gems people are buying with gold were sold by someone for gold. The uber rich are getting richer because they buy their gems low when there’s not as much demand and wait for these patches with must have gem store items (keys/vanity) to sell high.

So crack out the credit card and buy in to the market – we are not stopping you, the market entry barriers are basically nil (assuming you have a good IRL income).

Please try again.

Fused Weapons

Doggie.3184

Account Bound sadly

lame. I woulda farmed hundreds of gold for it. Better than RNG gambling.

Or just buy it with gems like Xmas skins ;/

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

From the rarity of these skins; GW2’s gem store is starting to sound like a Nexon game… =_=’

They could make them slightly less rare or something since they are account bound… I’ve never supported these kinds of gambles in games and won’t do so in the future.

Now selling gems to the suckers buying into this crap: that’s no a gamble =)

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

235 chests and not a single ticket…………………………….. All that gold WASTED!!!

1 Chest

even though i had luck this time … this difference is the reason why i hate RNG so much… just not fair :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Fused Weapons

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Dont worry keep buying keys youll get there

Attachments:

Ulfar SOR

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Seriously guys stop wasting your money, they aren’t worth it, either way good luck with more RNG, players only take it for so long..

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

I don’t understand.. i think A.Net would make more money if they just made the skins available in the gem store. I would pay like 20 dollars for a skin or two, but I’m not going to gamble when I had no luck with skins in chests during any of the other holiday/events. :\

Please consider putting these skins in the gem store, even if it’s a high cost, thanks!

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

Fused Weapons

Doggie.3184

Seriously guys stop wasting your money, they aren’t worth it, either way good luck with more RNG, players only take it for so long..

They can’t, it’s an illness. Gambling is addictive, which is why it’s illegal in certain places. They keep doing these gem store RNG hunts cuz they know there’re people who can’t resist insta-dumping hundreds of dollars into it. .-.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I don’t understand.. i think A.Net would make more money if they just made the skins available in the gem store. I would pay like 20 dollars for a skin or two, but I’m not going to gamble when I had no luck with skins in chests during any of the other holiday/events. :\

Please consider putting these skins in the gem store, even if it’s a high cost, thanks!

I don’t think you understand just how many keys people will buy.

I would rather the skins be buyable straight up, but I think they do make more money by exploiting people with unhealthy gambling addictions.

It’s only aesthetic though, and I look pretty kitten awesome already.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Fused Weapons

Posted by: LJScribes.2015

LJScribes.2015

462 chests in and still no ticket and I started the patch off with about 430 gold. I now have 5 gold.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we appreciate that you took time to give us your feedback & opinions about the recent changes made to the game, please try to post in a respectful and constructive way here.

Indeed, some posts within this thread have been moderated, as they were not following our Code of Conduct.

Please keep this thread constructive & civil.

Thank you!

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

I’ve opened around 40 of those chests and haven’t gotten a single ticket. Whose idea was it to add more RNG to a game already filled with it in the first place?

What was wrong with the model used with wintersday skins where you could actually buy the skins straight out from the Gem Store? Bet it didn’t yield them as much money as halloween gambling, but that’s reasonable as the wintersday skins were kinda meh. I’d be willing to throw 20-50€ on the table if it only was 100% sure that I’d get the skin I wanted. With zero gambling that is.

The current system would even be tolerable if those tickets and/or skins were tradeable. Making them account bound just makes me (and many others) feel that we’re forced to use our every last ounce of ingame gold or completely dry out our Mastercards/Visas if we want to get those skins. Unless you get lucky and happen to find a ticket on your first few tries.

I’d also be cool if a recipe (like the one on halloween) was added that’d let us forge those useless piles of boosters, tonics, bank acces expresses etc. Reading that someone has opened 200+ chests without getting a skin is quite a bit depressing in itself.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

They had the Halloween Skins in the chest exclusively (as well as TP sell-able), and the Wintersday ones in the gem store.

I’d wager that they made more money on making them BLC exclusive. Otherwise they’d have made it so it was like the Wintersday weapons.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

Dont worry keep buying keys youll get there

Lol. This is sublime.

To all others who wonder why they aren’t in the TP for direct purchase, obviously the company makes more money from people gambling on keys than they make from skin purchases (they tried both models, after all). There is no other explanation.

As long as we have hamsters, this RNG will keep spinning.

If you bought keys and now complain you didn’t get a skin, please be aware that you empowered the RNG system.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

I honestly don’t see a problem its just a skin no matter how much you want them it is not pay 2 win so not much wrong with it to be honest.

Incentive thats all it is an incetive to make people use money in the gem store there is NOTHING wrong with this as they need to make money to support GW2 somehow, granted if they just did a gem store ’’update’’ and added a ton of stuff that would flow naturally but meh if this is what they choose then its fine, also alot of people are doing it so im sure there getting a lot of mula.

and ‘’white knight of Anet’’ call and tag these people as much as you like but the fact is you CAN buy them with in game GOLD so there is no need to pay real money if you have enough or wanted to farm the gold.

Fused Weapons

Hermes.7014

They had the Halloween Skins in the chest exclusively (as well as TP sell-able), and the Wintersday ones in the gem store.

I’d wager that they made more money on making them BLC exclusive. Otherwise they’d have made it so it was like the Wintersday weapons.

Of course they did, but mostly because the Wintersday gem store weapons literally paled in comparison to the Halloween ones.
If Halloween weapons had been buyable I’m sure they could have made more out of them.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Atalus.1342

Atalus.1342

Got home from work yesterday saw the greatsword and said I’m getting that. Spent 15 gold and then bought 10 dollars of gems. Got it on 15th try. I don’t really believe posts about hundreds of chests. Especially not 400 since I know a lot of people who got it before 40 and their words I trust. I don’t mind spending gold and cash to support this game on a fantastic weapon skin I really want the longbow too but ill just do map completion and story for that one. Kids gonna whine

Fused Weapons

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Guys, you need to stop participating in this kind of system. In Hodgins words " is just stupid and wont work".
Maybe if players stop buying key ANET wake up and place skins to buy directly from TP.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Guys, you need to stop participating in this kind of system. In Hodgins words " is just stupid and wont work".
Maybe if players stop buying key ANET wake up and place skins to buy directly from TP.

Problem is : they don’t stop. We tried that already long enough in Champions Online.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

anet is fully aware that humans are irrational creatures, and exploiting it efficiently.

This is also known as a profitable business :p

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Seriously?

I’ve had a change of heart myself when it comes to what P2W actually means. I think it’s relative. In this game, the “win” is the fluff. That’s what most of us are shooting for. New skins and new goodies that generally have little or no impact on combat. So much of that stuff is now dependent on the cash shop where you have to pay to access it.

These weapons are probably the most egregious example of making people pay for their “win”, because now you have to gamble with your real dollars. You could spend $50 on gems for keys and still may not get what you wanted. Some folks will just drop more on gems and keep trying, which is why the system was designed this way. Other folks can smell the scam and simply elect to “lose” from the outset, saving their money rather than using it to reinforce the loss.

I’ve been a pretty stalwart defender of the gem shop and a heavy user. But this is getting absurd. Paying real money to gamble is where I draw the line. I won’t even buy lottery tickets because I recognize a scam when I see it. And I can see another one right here.

Fused Weapons

Doggie.3184

RNG actually has the potential to literally never give you what you want. Some can get it on first try, others can actually fail as many as a million attempts at it. The RNG god is a powerful god. If it doesn’t like you then there isn’t much you can do about it. No amount of tries will help you.

Fused Weapons

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I tried 40 keys (up to 50 from occasional keys from blc). On my 2nd key I got Endless mystery tonic (beast). I have no use for this. I said “kitten!,” literally. On my 2nd to last try I get… wait for it… Endless mystery tonic (furniture). Once again I said “Kitten!!,” literally. I have no use for this. Why oh why did they make them account bound. You always get what you don’t want and hardly ever what you do.

I did laugh at the absurdity of it all.

Edit: Would have been nice if you could have gotten maybe a 1/16 of a fuse token from each BLC (or at least a very high ratio of getting a 1/16 token) Toss four 1/16 in mf get an 1/8 toss in four 1/8 get a 1/4 toss in four 1/4 get a fused token. I know this idea would never fly just a nice thought.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Just a heads up, iv opened over 200 since the patch and not gotten a single one, you win this time Anet…

I stopped at 150 chests. They got a good troll on us this time…good troll indeed. Oh well they aren’t nice enough for me to blow more money on them.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Fused Weapons

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

opened 40 chests 15 fine transmutations , Hair change, Name change was all I got.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Fused Weapons

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Just do story to get a handful of keys (5-6) and try your luck a little. There is no reason to spend money on keys.