Future Accessory Suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daehiril.2785

Daehiril.2785

I love the “preserved queen bee” accessory upgrade, the swarm of bees goes really well with my sylvari ranger. It would be nice to see more upgrades like this in the future. A bunch of butterflies perpetually flying around my mesmer would be nice. Maybe a whirling cloud of embers for a charr? I’d love to hear other ideas for upgrades like this.

Attachments:

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

would be epic to see stuff like that for different styles yeh

for example:
- Ember
- Snowflakes
- tiny flashes
- small sparkling lights

they can be rare yes …
…as long as they arent only available for a limited time and also let them be tradeable pls

much better solution would be to make these available as drops for infusions

because its stupid how it forces players to take WORSE gear than they have just to get the aura
and the fact that it is limited to celestial stats only is not that nice too :/

best would be to make some recipe where you can use the item to create a version of it with different stats and a recipe to turn it into infusions (with +5 AR +5 stats) so people with ascended gear can keep using that gear

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Daehiril.2785

Oh, I like the snowflake idea. I agree that they should be rare drops, just like the preserved bee. And recipes to improve them would be awesome too!
Pretty please, Anet?

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Or just make an aura tab on hero screen to show the aura you want (that you have unlocked similar to mini pets). Would be cool to see some of the aura/weapon combos you could get in game.

Kronos.2560

I would also love to see an aura that is the same coloring as the leyline weapons. Don’t really love the weapons but the coloring they give off is amazing. Would LOVE to have that on my character.

Daehiril.2785

All great ideas! It would be nice to have a tab for auras that you unlock when you soulbind the item it comes with. Would be nice to have aura items as a rare drop with world bosses- Such as Tequatl dropping a dark cloud aura with flies, or cinders coming from the megadestroyer. Having a tab to unlock them in would also allow Anet to release gemstore auras as well. I’d love to see a leyline weapon aura too!

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Kronos.2560

I will say it might get a little out of hand if auras are cheap. Right now the only auras you can get are expensive or if you have a legendary. I’m saying this not because I don’t want to collect a bunch of different ones but If you could get auras for 500 gems. It would get very very colorful and a lot of games would be crashing more then they do now. But if you still keep them as a rare item (similar to queen bee) I think it would be awesome! Or maybe if they required crafting to make (gifts used in legendaries maybe?) Could be fun, and a great gold sink for anet.

Daehiril.2785

That’s true. It would be nice if they could keep them as a really rare drop. They could always add a “disable player auras” checkbox in the graphics tab or simply disable them in crowded player events like they do with the miniatures. I’m not asking for anything too flashy, but just a little extra something to customize my characters with.

Agata the Wretched
Necromancer of [MEND]
mendingtheruined.com

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Mixing and mashing a few ideas together here.
It’s a rare drop trinket, the aura is unlocked and can be applied to other equips like a ‘skin’, there is an option to turn it off in the character UI, and there is an option to turn all of them off in the main settings UI, and finally make more of them with different themes.
This would be amazing if it could be implemented. The more customization the better as long as it’s handled well and we can disable if we have a performance hit.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued