GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Not sure if this has already been discussed, if so just delete it, but for those who told me I was wrong a month ago, here ya go.

Scroll to the bottom once you’ve clicked the link.

link: http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/7421

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Hold on to your butts, this thread is going to be very exciting!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I know, I’m fetching popcorn now (while at work even)!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve seen this posted before. It’s not unexpected. It’s been a pretty bad year for MMOs in general. I don’t really expect next year to be much better.

A lot of the problems with MMOs today is the unrealistic expectation of players. I’m not talking about people who want harder core games or more sand box features. I’m talking about people who go into games expecting them to be relatively bug free, or get updated faster than possible or have more content faster than is possible.

Sometimes I feel like Scotty on the Enterprise yelling, “I can’t change the laws of physics. This repair is going to take some time.” lol

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Jealous! I only have cookies. Chocolate chip.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I have nothing.. and 3 hours to go.. saving this thread for later

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

If you want to truly prove which game is the best, vote in the MMORPG of the year awards, don’t read articles from a site that blatantly reviews games on a per paycheck basis.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Vayne.8563

I think MMOs in general just suck, at least for me that’s true.

One one hand you have pay to play MMOs who’s sole job is to slow you down and make you come back again. They have a number of different ways to do this, particularly the slowing down part. Grinding for levels, of course, lock outs, slow crafting, flight paths, dailies for rep, and of course grinding dungeons for gear. Sorry not my scene.

Then you have F2P mmos, some of which are grindy and pay to make them playable. Some of which have content locked off and pay to unlock that (or grind till you drop to unlock it) and some of them have pay to win options, the worst of the three.

Then you have games like Guild Wars 2, which I enjoy, but still uses RNG in lock boxes, and arbitrary achievements and temporary content to keep people logging in.

Of them all, Guild Wars 2 is the best solution for me and my style of play…but it’s far from perfect.

So you know, I’ve done WoW, Rift, Lotro, DDO, Perfect World, AoC, Aion, Eve, and tried a few others.

I’m not thinking that future games are necessarily going to be any better either.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ooo! I’ll share if you will!

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Depends what will be actually released in upcoming 6 months.

So far the competitors are so bad that Gw2, even with all its flaws, it’s prolly best option on the market atm.
(imo).

But yeah, just let WildStar or Archeage get out and things will change, and fast.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Done deal!

Maybe on topic, I don’t have the desire to play another MMO at the moment, so despite some things that I am not too fond off, they are doing something right.

As to all these different websites all making their own top 10 lists – I don’t take them too serious. I take them like my popcorn, with a grain of salt (hint hint Lanfear!).

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Done deal!

Maybe on topic, I don’t have the desire to play another MMO at the moment, so despite some things that I am not too fond off, they are doing something right.

As to all these different websites all making their own top 10 lists – I don’t take them too serious. I take them like my popcorn, with a grain of salt (hint hint Lanfear!).

-hands over tub of popcorn with salt shaker…just in case-

On topic…. I’m not a MMO veteran by any means, nor am I ‘hardcore gamer’ by any real sense of the definition. So to me, things like ‘game of the year’ etc etc don’t mean a whole lot to me. Of course, knowing how often such proclamations are bought off, its something I take with a grain of salt.

I came to GW2 because I loved GW1. In the last year, yeah I’ve tried a few other MMOs in the search of finding a game to play with my hubby, and have since decided that I pretty much hate traditional MMOs. GW2 isnt like the other I tried, and I’m happy with it.

Is it GW1? No. Is it perfect? No, not by any means. But I’m still happy with it.
Would I rate it as game of the year? Sure, because for me it was/is.
Others may or may not agree, but to each their own opinion as to whether or not it deserved the award.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

So far the competitors are so bad that Gw2, even with all its flaws, it’s prolly best option on the market atm.
(imo).

But yeah, just let WildStar or Archeage get out and things will change, and fast.

Just two names soon to be sent into oblivion like so many before them…

Until recently we had wow-killers jumping around every corner. Recently every new game that is announced will be better than GW2, sounds familiar? Has world given up on killing wow finnaly?

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Aeonblade.8709

Somehow warning people of a scam website is infractable. It was probably the worth it’s weight part.

Avoid mmorpg.com. Website does reviews and top lists based on who pays the most. Case in point, half the games on that list are P2W and have been blasted by nearly everyone that has tried them. It’s just whoever pays the most over at mmorpg.com sadly.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Aeonblade.8709

(imo).

Until recently we had wow-killers jumping around every corner. Recently every new game that is announced will be better than GW2, sounds familiar? Has world given up on killing wow finnaly?

Um not to burst your bubble, but this game is a small niche like every other game that isn’t WoW. It sucks, but it’s the truth. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see that there aren’t 3 million people logging into this game, even if they bought it… Maybe 1/3rd of that actually play.

A cool mill is a lot better than most other MMO’s though! And I have never heard of anyone mention “a gw2 killer” because there is no need too, it’s not big enough to want to kill, no matter how much we want to it to grow and succeed

Basically my point is, every company is still looking for the WoW killer. GW2 has come the closest so far in even beginning to dream of the same level of success. I use the term success loosely because I hate what WoW has become.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Then you have games like Guild Wars 2, which I enjoy, but still uses RNG in lock boxes, and arbitrary achievements and temporary content to keep people logging in.

Of them all, Guild Wars 2 is the best solution for me and my style of play…but it’s far from perfect.

I have to say that even pay-to-play MMOs are among the cheapest forms of entertainment, hour for dollar. Consider other games that cost like $60 and you spend a rainy weekend or two playing them, reach the end of the game and either play everything over again on harder mode or set it aside and buy another. Cable/satellite tv with the premium packages can run over $100 a month, my Rift sub was $100 a year.

And, yes, sometimes the free games kind of push you towards pay content, but if you just log in once in a while to relax and aren’t a “gotta keep up with the Jones family next door” type person you don’t ever have to spend a penny on them.

And for an absurdly low price they throw new content at you on a semi-regular basis, other games might get two or three downloadable updates which combined cost as much as another game.

I’d say it’s a pretty good deal, all things considered.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Aeonblade.8709

I have to say that even pay-to-play MMOs are among the cheapest forms of entertainment, hour for dollar. Consider other games that cost like $60 and you spend a rainy weekend or two playing them, reach the end of the game and either play everything over again on harder mode or set it aside and buy another. Cable/satellite tv with the premium packages can run over $100 a month, my Rift sub was $100 a year.

And, yes, sometimes the free games kind of push you towards pay content, but if you just log in once in a while to relax and aren’t a “gotta keep up with the Jones family next door” type person you don’t ever have to spend a penny on them.

And for an absurdly low price they throw new content at you on a semi-regular basis, other games might get two or three downloadable updates which combined cost as much as another game.

I’d say it’s a pretty good deal, all things considered.

Well said sir, it is a great deal. I have always looked at MMO subs as the best form of entertainment. 50 cents a day for unlimited entertainment, or go see a movie for $20…hmm…choices…. :P

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

(imo).

GW2 is definitely the fastest horse at the glue factory, unfortunately.

I wouldn’t count on Archeage being any good though. They’re going f2p in Korea already in like 6 months and it sounds like a typical asian grind fest.

Only Bless and Camelot Unchained sound interesting to me, and it’s likely because I haven’t seen something concrete on them yet to turn me off completely…

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

(imo).

Um not to burst your bubble, but this game is a small niche like every other game that isn’t WoW. It sucks, but it’s the truth. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to see that there aren’t 3 million people logging into this game, even if they bought it… Maybe 1/3rd of that actually play.

A cool mill is a lot better than most other MMO’s though! And I have never heard of anyone mention “a gw2 killer” because there is no need too, it’s not big enough to want to kill, no matter how much we want to it to grow and succeed

Basically my point is, every company is still looking for the WoW killer. GW2 has come the closest so far in even beginning to dream of the same level of success. I use the term success loosely because I hate what WoW has become.

MoP was in the $5 discount bin a month after they released it and subscriptions in the west are down by half from the launch of this last expac. News from China is dire with Age of Wushu picking up 20 million subs and even their CEO told shareholders they will be losing more by the end of the year.

GW2 will be launching in China soon. Right now I think more people in the west play GW2 than play WoW.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

(imo).

WoW became what it is only because of lucky circumstances. I guarantee that if it had another few MMO’s to compete with for playerbase it would never reach such success.
Im not sure that WoW sold 3 mil copies in first 6 months of existance tho, and it had years of MMO monopolly to grow its playerbase.
Point is, im not seeing articles about Wildstar beeing next wowkiller, or TESO, or any new title announced. And that was trend up until recently. On other hand I see plebs talking about them beeing better than GW2, which leads me to beleve that GW2 is trendsetter.
And I also saw alot of people coming back to GW2 after trying Newerwinter.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Aeonblade.8709

(imo).

MoP was in the $5 discount bin a month after they released it and subscriptions in the west are down by half from the launch of this last expac. News from China is dire with Age of Wushu picking up 20 million subs and even their CEO told shareholders they will be losing more by the end of the year.

GW2 will be launching in China soon. Right now I think more people in the west play GW2 than play WoW.

Until they release figures, which companies don’t do anymore because god forbid we be informed how a freaking video game is doing, all we can do is speculate.

You may be right though about WoW’s popularity waning with westerners, I just don’t think they are playing GW2.

I think the question is, when WoW finally does bite the bullet, will it be before Titan comes out? If so, where will the 8 million people go? We live in exciting times my friends, I think we are on the cusp of another “Golden Age” of MMOs.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I wouldn’t count on Archeage being any good though. They’re going f2p in Korea already in like 6 months and it sounds like a typical asian grind fest.

Only Bless and Camelot Unchained sound interesting to me, and it’s likely because I haven’t seen something concrete on them yet to turn me off completely…

I haven’t seen a lot of details about Archeage, but from what I have heard I understand it to be a sandbox game. I remember hearing about someone testing the game who spent quite some time building a boat, and the first time he went to sea it was destroyed in an attack by a sea monster.

I can just imagine what will happen when someone who bought the game does that… imagine crafting a Legendary weapon and the first mob you encounter is a rust monster… zap! crumble… {Your weapon has been destroyed} RAGE!

It sounds interesting, but it’s an entirely different kind of game.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

(imo).

Nah, I’d say WoW has double the active players of GW2, but that’s still really good for both games.

I’m playing WoW currently, because playing with friends > playing alone. However I’m always around for the fresh stuff Anet releases.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

LOL, GoonsOnline is still basically the “one to beat” even if MMORPG’s primary love affair has always always been with Guildwars…

This is indeed a popcorn and cake worthy thread, I look forward to its Candle in the Wind vigil upon its untimely demise

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I feel GW2 took first place because it’s a buy to play mmo. The quality of game play you get for a one time payment is remarkable.

I have yet to run into a buy to play mmo with the type of quality GW2 has.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I feel GW2 took first place because it’s a buy to play mmo. The quality of game play you get for a one time payment is remarkable.

I have yet to run into a buy to play mmo with the type of quality GW2 has.

So GW2 is the #1 mmo of 2013 because a single person from a random website said so?

I like Bill Murphy and I read his blog and video all the time. But I think you take a blog which dont’ mean much too seriously.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

GW2… number one MMORPG of 2013…

…until ESO is released at the end of 2013….

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I don’t see any issue with GW2 being #1, what’s the problem?

if people feel there are better ones out there than they can just go play those instead of being on here.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

laokoko.7403

First of all ESO is scheduled for spring 2014.

Nothing wrong with GW2 being #1. But it is just the opinion of a random person on random website, who may or may not be biased because the website get paid for advertisement, he may get free game time for trying out games because he’s a columnist and he might be baised because certain game studio give his site exclusive interview.

And I’m not even talking about GW2. I’m talking about people taking those game scores and ranking on random web site too seriously. First of all those ranking and scores isn’t even credible, which is obvious, so I dont’ know why people argue about it very often on mmorpg.com.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

i really like the fact that it is written “our” mmo of the year

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

First of all ESO is scheduled for spring 2014.

Nothing wrong with GW2 being #1. But it is just the opinion of a random person on random website, who may or may not be biased because the website get paid for advertisement, he may get free game time for trying out games because he’s a columnist and he might be baised because certain game studio give his site exclusive interview.

I think WoD is the new hype it was ESO for a time then it jumped to wild start then to something else AA? now its WoD and that the thing about mmorpgs that are not out yet and truly any game there is nothing but hot air no real backing to how well or bad a game will do so you cant realty tell until a game is out.

Yes GW2 is the best of 2013 and more then likely of 2012 if there are other games coming out in 2013 then it will be needed to be re looked at but the simple truth is right now GW2 IS the best no hype for an non released game can compartment with a full released game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

laokoko.7403

If you mean world of darkness, I dont’ think that many people are hype about a game no one knows anything about. You usually need more press release to build up the hype.

GW2 is the best game of 2012 and 2013 for me. But I think people should stop taking those rating and scores too seriously. Usually those are just number made up of a single person or just not reliable because of fake fans. The only thing which might be remotely accurate on popularity is how many hits and post those game forums have.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

As much as I hate the rng boxes anet has been putting out and the imbalance issues that still exist, I am quite content with this game overall. All the monthly updates are remarkable. I love how this game has been pushing out new content update after update, its basically a whole different game from when it launched. In all the games I have ever played no company has come close to doing what anet can.

p.s. I still hate rng boxes

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’ve seen this posted before. It’s not unexpected. It’s been a pretty bad year for MMOs in general. I don’t really expect next year to be much better.

A lot of the problems with MMOs today is the unrealistic expectation of players. I’m not talking about people who want harder core games or more sand box features. I’m talking about people who go into games expecting them to be relatively bug free, or get updated faster than possible or have more content faster than is possible.

Sometimes I feel like Scotty on the Enterprise yelling, “I can’t change the laws of physics. This repair is going to take some time.” lol

Stop talking sense. We want drama and entertainment in this thread!

Anyway, the ESO fanboys will also come out in force, though we dont really know anything much about the gameplay, or how things work. Stuff can always change from now till next spring. I do think its interesting with being in first person, but i can see it becoming a nightmare with balancing issues forcharacters, since no classes.

The thing is, competiton is good, we need multiple good mmos out there trying different things. It keeps the market healthy. If anyrhing, i blame wow partly for the funk the mmo games have been in. They saw wow’s success, tried to copy it, and all became ‘meh’. Hopefully publishers are waking up, taking a step out of the 2o2 box and trying something new.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

That list is a joke. They have Neverwinter at #3.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

This thread is Deceptive “GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013”

Reason is because the 2013 year hasn’t ended so why declare it final than?

I know OP it’s not your statistic but please bear in mind that those so called ‘game of the year’ is a premature declaration on those specific websites.

They are False Deceptive Marketing Advertisers Campaign

I leave 2 question;

1st; who are the ones behind those ‘False Deceptive Marketing Advertisers Campaigns? You’ll be amused because many of them are paid ‘underneath the table’ to get that 1st spot.

Did you know that Microsoft was caught ‘red handed’ paying Marketer Advertisers money to declare that Xbox One was a better console than Ps4?

2nd; Where are they getting their statistic numbers from? I leave that up to you to decide.

I’m not accusing Arenanet for doing so

But I encourage you next time of doing more research before ‘jumping the ship’.

In other word-

If you see someone claim to have the Number 1 for example, look for supporting evidence.

The ones that can support their claims often have independent data clearly published on their website and the data can be verified.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Vayne.8563

GW2… number one MMORPG of 2013…

…until ESO is released at the end of 2013….

I’m much more interested in seeing what people are saying about ESO six months after launch. I’m pretty sure if you go to the ESO forums after launch, it’ll look much like this one.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

I guess when they talk about best MMOs they’re not taking into account the main storyline. User made content puts Neverwinter on there even with its glaring faults. Some of those stories have more thought and effort put into them than any of the living story content so far and it shows.

Dedication to improving? That line made me laugh. Broken skills almost a year later after launch. Where’s that mentioned in the article?

It should definitely be on that list and probably #1, but still that line about “dedication”. Funny.

IMHO in 2012/2013 there have been far better single player games than MMOs launched.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

I had a salami and cheese sandwich yesterday for lunch. It was THE sandwich of 2013.

Why?

Because I say so.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

That GW2 is number 1 is basically the only correct thing in that list.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I would agree with the list because, for me, GW2 is currently the game of 2013. I have dipped in and out of the game for a while, but have been playing it far more consistently since around March, when more of my community picked it up.

Many of us were long-term SWG players, up until the lights went off. We have been searching for a home that would provide something for all our playstyles and we are a mix of RPers, PvEers, Crafters and PvPers. Although I have to admit that there is little to encourage our Crafters to get their teeth into and its mostly the RPers that are here.

GW2 doesn’t provide everything that we need to keep us all together, but it’s provided more in what we are looking for in comparison to TSW, which is our other game. We are all mature players, have careers, families and social lives, so we don’t all have the time to commit to a game that demands constant logging in and grinding. GW2 currently fits the play style of the majority of us.

Will GW2 still be the game of the year for me by December? Its hard to say. If there are guild halls and personal housing which are both freely decoratable by then, it is a distinct possibility.

In the meantime, I’m enjoying the game greatly and that is all that counts, in my opinion.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: ManiumX.4735

ManiumX.4735

Being a long time Elder Scrolls fan I’m probably going to check it out on release. But I can tell you right now I’m already seeing things I don’t like.

Racial factions are a HUGE turn off, the fact that I can’t roll a Breton and go PvE with my buddy who happened to roll a Nord, while not quite a deal breaker still bugs me.

The MegaServer technology is an ambitious and interesting idea but from past experience I expect that it’s going to have a rough launch.

Beyond that everything looks very much like GW2 in the Elder Scrolls world, ironically the biggest selling point in my book.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

TESO has all my alarm bells ringing.

- A team of randoms brought together by Zenimax to cash in on the franchise made by Bethesda.
- Ridiculous promises made about freedom to loot everything, stealth everywhere, etc etc
- Design decisions from 2008
- Leaked footage showing a pretty crappy engine and WoW-type gameplay

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Wildstar is coming in 2013.

Fake thread.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I want to know what the critics are running on, because it must be some potent stuff…

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

I read the title and instantly thought to myself…‘’Wait, what other MMO’s were even released this year?‘’ Not hard to win the race when you’re the only competitor lol

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

The title of the list reads, “The List: The Best MMOs of 2013… So Far.”

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: New Character Yo.6487

New Character Yo.6487

(imo).

Until they release figures, which companies don’t do anymore because god forbid we be informed how a freaking video game is doing, all we can do is speculate.

You may be right though about WoW’s popularity waning with westerners, I just don’t think they are playing GW2.

I think the question is, when WoW finally does bite the bullet, will it be before Titan comes out? If so, where will the 8 million people go? We live in exciting times my friends, I think we are on the cusp of another “Golden Age” of MMOs.

I like the way you put it. Golden Age of MMOs, it excites me.

What I do enjoy is that games are starting to do what GW2 is trying to do. Make a living world, a non-static world, and choices have an impact in it. I am enjoying this game as much as the next person, but i’m also really looking forward to what MMOs some companies can make in the next couple of years!

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Just pointing out, i listed AA and Wildstar only cause they will be the next mmos on market with a decent chance to hold their ground.

Best competitor during Gw2 lifespan so far has been Neverwinter, which is cr*p (imo).

No competition made GW2 able to slack hard. 10 months and still singlemode and unbalanced pvp. Wvw is a zergfest loosing meaning every day more, due to choices adressing it as pvers timewaster rather than real pvp option like a lot of ppl plays it. Pve…well, i’ll stop here already.

Just saying that with some more pressing competition maybe we would have had some REAL game changing patches, rather than temporary living story stuff.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

GW 2 #1 mmo of 2013

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Just pointing out, i listed AA and Wildstar only cause they will be the next mmos on market with a decent chance to hold their ground.

Best competitor during Gw2 lifespan so far has been Neverwinter, which is cr*p (imo).

No competition made GW2 able to slack hard. 10 months and still singlemode and unbalanced pvp. Wvw is a zergfest loosing meaning every day more, due to choices adressing it as pvers timewaster rather than real pvp option like a lot of ppl plays it. Pve…well, i’ll stop here already.

Just saying that with some more pressing competition maybe we would have had some REAL game changing patches, rather than temporary living story stuff.

Ya and Neverwinter is dieing fast due to exploitation and the feeling that you cant even call it a true mmorpg.
As for your problems that you point out in GW2 i suggestion that you play with GOOD players because as far as i can tell you have tried pvp wvw even pve in the most shallow way possible because you have no idea what going on there at all.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA