Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I’m having tons a fun ^-^

Who else is?

GW2 Appreciation Thread :D

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I’m all for an appreciation thread. It seems that all there is on the forums is how the devs screwed up rather than what they did right. Well I think the devs need to keep doing what they are doing cause they cant please everyone and I think they are doing a wonderful job. It certainly shows they care more about their player base than any other game Ive played.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

lol lets play a game, lets see how long the thread can go before some misery gut pops in with a negative or passive aggressive comment

So what do I appreciate about GW2:

It gives me choice in the MMORPG world, its different.
It offers a home for my ‘main’ that I know will be here in a decade.
Its beautiful
Sound is amazing
Gameplay is diverse
No Gear and meter kitten
Very very slow power curve.
Hardly any drama (see above 2 points)

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: jarieleledan.8249

jarieleledan.8249

More than one or two weapon per class, each with their own gameplay. (I’m sorry, but I’ll never get tired of saying this.)
A friendly community.
No loot ninja-ing.

Sure, it’s not a perfect game. Sure, there are things to fix, things they may add, and all. But it’s a wonderful game, and a year after I started playing I’m still in love with it.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

It’s had its bumps lately but I still enjoy it.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

Confining myself to just the classic, core game… if you know what I mean (re: passive aggression).

I’m pretty old and have always loved RPGs; and am very into my chars. GW2 has given me a main who is far and away my favourite char I’ve ever come up with: a cheeky-faced little Asura slinger.

Got ~800 hrs on her and she still constantly makes me laugh with her funny little animations. Over Christmas, one of my relatives was down, due to a bereavement. I got a nice permanent bell from a daily present here, figured out how to play ‘Jingle Bells’, dressed my funny little main up in her pink and white Fancy Winter outfit (sooo cuuute!!!), and she worked her magic with my relative, cheering her up nicely.

One of the largest, most attractive and varied worlds that I’ve come across in a game, with some of the best music.

I love playing Barbie and this game has let me do that to an enormous extent, and without ever once having to buy a disgusting and loathsome gambling bag/box to get a skin I wanted.

Such a fantastic questing/levelling system, that really does encourage cooperation rather than competition, that when I play other MMOs I can only SMFH and ask, ‘What is this – the stone age?!!’ This makes it the only MMO where I’m pleased to see other players nearby as I adventure, rather than wish that they’d all go away. Also leads to one of the best (PvE anyway) MMO communities I’ve come across.

Well optimised, so the combat is very fluid and slick without having to tank my graphics settings.

I’ll never be the world’s best gamer, with these old reflexes o’ mine, but most games have enough leeway built in that I do pretty well at endgame; even if that’s mostly by finding a gear/build combo that offsets my rubbishness.

Not being passive aggressive here, but my main in this game (vanilla P/P Thief) is so incredibly, ludicrously underpowered, regardless of gear/build, that it’s forced me to learn to play to an extremely high standard just to keep my head above water and not be one-shotted all the time, let alone do well. It’s the highest skill achievement I’ve ever reached in any game.

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

AsurasRCute hit the nail on the head!
I too am an ‘Older’ GW franchise player! GW1 Factions/NightFall/ EotN + GW2 have been my main source of indulgence when my ‘RL challenges’ (ie. disabilities) Flare up hard. I see the love, and yes…the care that was placed into the beautiful worlds we all get to play in together. ANet- THANK YOU/ Keep up the great works, and have fun in your games too!!

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

/age

That is testament to how much I have enjoyed the game through out the years.

Not much else needs to be said, other than I will keep on playing.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

10.5 years later, I’m still playing Guild Wars. No other game franchise has held my attention this long.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: MoonMyst.6805

MoonMyst.6805

It’s good to throw a positive thread up on occasion, especially if a new or returning player is looking on these forums.

Why I stay with GW2 [not in any order of priority]:

- Incredibly little game down time and rollbacks
- Beautiful graphics
- Nice lore/story lines
- Love the various festivals
- Do not have to compete with other players to get loot
- Choice of game modes: pve, pvp [and choices within this], wvw, dungeons, fractals
- Several character slots come with game to enjoy more than one race/profession
- Skins are just that, for looks only, and do not impact functionality. Really nice that I can get one skin and transmute for use on multiple characters as applicable.
- Once level 80, differences in exotic vs. ascended gear will not eliminate you from most game modes. Yes players may ask for certain builds/armor in a group composition for dungeons/fractals/pvp league, but not required by game itself.
- No sub
- For $50, got years of play. Was my choice to buy gems and HoT to support the game, and move forward with it, but not required.
- NEVER as in NEVER, got an e-mail back from CS summarily dismissing any issue I had. May have taken a few e-mails or did not happen same day, but got adequate explanation as to why something could or could not be done, but decisions were always explained, even if not the answer I ‘wanted’.
- Updates, mostly, done outside peak playing hours.
- Amazed at the tolerance by forum moderators with some posts.
- Appreciate Gaile Gray’s patience whether it be with handling forum questions or dealing with players when she is in game. I could never have her level of diplomacy. I won’t even post on these forums with my active player forum name, so people cannot find me in game, just for the sake of disagreeing with me.
- LFG tool, whether it can be improved or not is subjective, but just glad it is there. Has made playing this game all the more enjoyable.
- Being able to type /wiki XXXX from within the game to seek out information I may be looking for.
- Ability to ‘taxi’ to others in the game via group mode/LFG
- World bosses occur at set times, with pre-events that are very doable, unlikely to fail, and allow bosses to spawn. [Is not that way in all games…]
- Many ‘account bound’ rewards, that I can swap between characters instead of having to grind for an item for multiple characters.
- Pvp is normalized and you can jump right in. I learned to play the game better overall, by going into non-ranked pvp…great teaching tool.
- The game stores the various builds for pvp, pve, and wvw, which eliminates keeping ponderous manual lists of how my characters are built.
- Devs actually do have a sense of humor, if you’re paying attention. Started laughing when I saw that boxes for Inquest Golem Mark II had collapsed from weight of people standing on them during the boss fight.
- If you like puzzles, personal stories, and achievements [which I do] these alone can keep you busy for months.

In keeping with the positive temperament of this thread, I have slacked off WVW for awhile, but I have hopes that Anet will make adjustments.

I am in awe when I see posts when someone says they could not get assistance from CS. I only had one complaint not resolved to my satisfaction, recently, and wanted a valuable item replaced. A few weeks later, I had a junk item seem to disappear, and saw how it happened… may be a graphic glitch. I did not contact CS again, explaining what happened. So in the end, it was my choice to let it go, not theirs.

Anet does a good job overall keeping its customer base happy. If GW2 was pvp only, or wvw only, or pve only, and all resources went into one type of game mode, there would still be dissatisfied players. It is the nature of the beast.

I have been playing online games for over twenty years. GW2 is one of the few games I stayed with this long.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I want the Devs to know I really appreciate all the updated icons for items we’ve seen lately. And the animation that shows Gold/Items/whatever going to your Wallet/inventory.

Top notch, well done.

Thank you for all your hard work. =)

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

lol lets play a game, lets see how long the thread can go before some misery gut pops in with a negative or passive aggressive comment

I’d say by the third post in this thread.

What I really like about GW2 is how fluid the game play is. Moving, jumping, and skills all run smoothly, which really creates a pleasurable experience throughout the game.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I think the game is amazing, it’s fun entertaining, has a stong lore and respects it. it’s more to it than just kill 60 enemies and bring me 30 magic cats like other MMOs out there.
I also enjoy the more progressive stand on it, supporting diversity and such when other MMOs prefer to stay on the safe side and not mention it.
Also caracter models are very nice, the maps are beautiful, there are jumping puzzles lots of secret areas, and many things to do.

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

I loved GW2 and GW1, in fact the only other MMO that I remotely enjoyed as much is the now (sadly) defunct shattered Galaxy.

Here’s what I think sets GW2 apart.

1. You can play CASUALLY! With GW2 you never get stuck doing stuff you don’t want (unless you absolutely MUST have snow swirling around you or cannot live without a big black surfboard on a stick). You can just play the game how you want, have fun and end up with pretty decent gear BUT If you really want to go for a few sets of ascended gear with +2million infusions and 27 legendary weapons you can do this too.

2. You can party with characters on ANY level! My kids and my girlfriend all play. My kids kind of suck and love character creation so much they are still to get a toon past level 25. Despite this, my twinked out L80 toon can still run with them and they receive no penalty for doing so and I even keep collecting experience!

3. Gem store. I was FURIOUS when I found out GW2 had a cash shop and almost bailed on the game entirely. Once I started playing I saw that there is NOTHING on the gem store that gives an advantage in game and NOTHING on the gem store I cannot buy by converting in-game-gold.

4. No real GIMPS! Unlike every other MMO’s I’ve ever played, there are very few builds out there that are so kitten that they contribute nothing to a team. Even the worst builds can help in SOME way. PUGing in GW2 is safer than in any other game.

5. It’s a beautiful engaging world. Like GW1, sometimes you just find yourself wondering what’s around the next corner.

6. TEAMWORK! Everyone in this community works together because that is how the game is designed, it’s CRAZY. When you go down, peeps get you back up, if the people at Indigo are getting hammered, help will be on the way. Instead of, like in other MMOs, where other people get in the way, steal your loot, kill the the boss you want e.t.c In GW2 people will use the LFG to get as many people in their map as possible!

Kam.4092

I’m having tons a fun ^-^

That is because someone is bored to death. The balance…

Huh? This makes no sense. I am having fun.

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I think we can all agree GW2 is a great MMO but the xpac definitely destroyed any semblance of balance it had which is unfortunate… but expected.

Honestly as a main pvper I am inclined to play another game until this settles because it is really really horrible unless you play 1 of the cancer meta builds but I find ways to enjoy myself in other categories.

I would prefer pvp though…. seriously sucks that it’s in such a state.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I liked how the Wintersday vendor required karma to buy things instead of 3 different types of ugly wool items. I had less than 500k when the event started and never really had a use for karma anyway. It made things easier to obtain and gave me a reason to blow all my karma. Maybe they can do something similar with future events.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Kam.4092

I think we can all agree GW2 is a great MMO but the xpac definitely destroyed any semblance of balance it had which is unfortunate… but expected.

Honestly as a main pvper I am inclined to play another game until this settles because it is really really horrible unless you play 1 of the cancer meta builds but I find ways to enjoy myself in other categories.

I would prefer pvp though…. seriously sucks that it’s in such a state.

I understand. Hope the patch after the PvP Season fixes stuff. I play a Guardian, so yeah. I’m good in lower brackets, but not higher ones :/

Posted by: xan.8936

xan.8936

I am a ten year Guild Wars players as well. The lore and history behind the franchise is second to none. I feel they really do listen to the player base over the long term and try with in reason to adjust and improve things based on consumer input.

I also think for the cost there is no form of entertainment that can match guild wars if you divide all the hours per year some people put into the game and how much money you need to spend on the game even if you buy gems on a regular basis.

Lastly, the art team and graphics in game are fabulous as well and I have never seen a game with art style that I like as much as guild wars.

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Lost Precipice…this guild hall is amazing!
The look and feel of the game.
The fact that HoT isn’t a “press 1 faceroll”.

Overall everything about this game is great. Well, except when you miss that last jump on a JP and have to start over lol.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

To the Artwork Design teams:

Attachments:

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This is a really nice thread. Thank you for the positive thoughts!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Seriously.7953

Seriously.7953

I love the Halloween & Wintersday events!

Posted by: Jelly Pain.8027

Jelly Pain.8027

I just need my Wanderer’s Exotic Insignia Recipe and I’ll be good

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Anyway. I have to say I love doing the Nevermore quests. Tier 4 is awesome and really makes you feel you have a connection to the Raven on the staff. This was a huge thing for me that was missing. I used to play ffxi and you developed a similliar connection with your artifact armor which related to your profession. I’m glad I am able to do that now in gw2.

Posted by: Laurie.1698

Laurie.1698

Been with this game since the beginning. I love the beautiful zones, the music, did I say the music??? I like that there is always something to do, crafting, chasing after some legendary, yes it takes time but I get lost in just playing the stories and side quests and sometimes get surprised by “oh that’s part of my legendary collection that i just got”.

I love the characters, the graphics, the cities, the monsters, the odd funny things that happen, exploring all the crooks and nannies, ummm crooks and fannies, hookin and grannies, umm all obscure out of the way places on the map.

The parts that I like in the game far outweigh any I don’t, because there are always choices to pick from. Three years later, actually since 2004 if you count GW1 days, I still love the game. I don’t think I’m ever going to get everything done that I want to do there is so much to choose from, that is what makes it fun for me, and has all this time.

“Do not scorn caring and sympathizing, they are the gifts of a gentle heart!”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Character creation. Really liked sylvari and female humans. Charr and asura were great too.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Kokurai.7258

Kokurai.7258

Aspiring game design student here.
5000 hours since headstart weekend.

The quality of gw2’s art, assets, and environments serve as my go-to standard for all of my work. No other game I know of sells the impression of immersion while keeping to the unique and consistent art-style that gw2 boasts. I can definitely see and appreciate the hours, even more so the months of work put into each part of the game.

many mmos coming out this year, and i have every intention to continue playing this one for years to come.

will always hold some salt to lack of capes tho. darn those smelly charr

Nöír Noír Drägneil | NSP DH HoD Mag
[FNCY], [TG], [DRV], [FURY]

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Been playing Guild Wars since GW1 beta, like other people, this is one of the few games I’ve stuck to for so long, and I’ve played a lot of games. I’ve taken plenty of breaks, and always come back.

There have always been rough times, for one reason or another, but Anet always figures it out. GW1 at the start is a far different game from GW:EotN, and I enjoyed it all.

With GW2, the fluidity of the combat is, to me, the most amazing part.
The exploration is up there, lore, easter eggs (love finding lil tidbits that do nothing but bring up warm fuzzy feelings)
Customization, I think my chars are all awesome looking, theyre my own, and I rarely run into others with the same styles and setups (exactly what every other player is thinking with their characters:D) Most people can find something they love/want for their characters as far as design (though medium styles are a tad bit lacking)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I like many aspects of the game. First of all, after walking past the GW2 boxes in the game stores, I feel terrible for never noticing it… It took me some other MMORPGs to know GW2 is the best (for me).

What I enjoy is that this game gives me a “happy” feeling, something where I feel good playing. I started basically watching gameplay in July 2015 and could not decide if I want to try it. Then, suddenly, some female Asura was waving into the camera and then starting to burn enemies with a flamethrower. That moment was where I literally went from “Youtube video watching mode” to “WOW, awesome, I have to play this!!”. As fan of diminutive races (Lalafell, Yordle, Asura) this game is one of the few that has small races that are NOT dwarves or gnomes. And here I go: I have my Asura Engineer. And I love both the Asuran race in all aspects, the lore behind them (could read the Wiki pages every day) and the Engineer class.

GW2 as engineer is to me some awesome mix of Third Person Shooter and MMORPG. Shooting, dodging, placing things, throwing grenades, healing myself with my medkit. Which other game delivers this sort of thing? Yep. None. The style of this game also has a lot of attitude. The splatter art. I LOVE the splatter art. Every menu in the game is an artwork. If you jump in the water, the water sprinkles around the HUD and the actual water drops at the screen are cool. These little things. I recorded some footage and slew it down to 0.25 and realized the facial emotions each time I fire a shot. Many of the emotions of my character are reflected by my ears. /cry emote, /no emote, engaged, strafing.. All looks cute and I love it.

The audio department.. My character talks! He talks like a snobbish Asura should talk. Always correct and polite. I can choose stuff. In FF14, my guy just waved his arms and he always accept stuff. Here I see my guy actually arguing and even let me decide things. My Asura asks for help, is cheeky when drawing weapons (“This will end up badly…for you”), he screams in pain, he sounds exhausted, he sounds desperate on low health; other scream in pain and doing barrell rolls when I toast them to death. I am playing the German version and the dubbing is top notch, sometimes I recognize voice actors from Hollywood productions!!

The bullet casings of the pistol even sound different if you stand on wood or concrete/stone etc. The NPCs chatters are cracking me up sometimes. The “Get a Job” Asura kids or those making Yo mama jokes. That human NPC telling the other he should never get kids. Or that Charr that disses that lazy Quaggan. That kid that annoyes the guy passing by.

The Engineer uses real weapons. The grenades he throws are actually stick grenades (not egg grenades like the icon suggests) that can actually be fired by a slightly modified rifle. So my class is using actual weapon systems from WWII.

The theme of the game manages to be funny/happy/light-hearted to serious. I am used to FF14 which is like “Someone is sad behind the house..cheer him up by dancing”. In GW2, my first mission was like “Get our project back, kill the Inquest agents, smash their lab and free hostages”. So I found myself wrecking their kitten with my armory. I still smile when remembering this moment of: “Oh god, that’s my game”.

I still wish I could join the Inqest…

The holy Trinity sucks. Being on the mercy of the tanks if you get aggro, or on the mercy of a/the healer. In GW2, everybody contributes somehow. Suddenly, there were a bunch of healing turrets and I saw fellow Engineers of all races joined my fight. In other MMORPGs, they would not give a kitten and let you die.

I am not obliged to to anything here. I buy a lot of Gems (35 EUR alone for the black/shadow abyss colour, but whatever, it’s voluntary after all^^) but I still play very slowly to enjoy this game to the fullest. I do not use those Level up items. I am only Level 48 despite I play for 7 months! I wander trough the place, kill enemies and level this way. Meanwhile, I enjoy making stuff for my desktop and logon screen… ;-)

Attachments:

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

-awesome graphics, characters, lore, leveling, combat system, etc. But mainly, the ability to differentiate from other MMOs out there while keeping huge popularity.
Sure, it has some little flaws here and there, but nothing is perfect. But Guild Wars 2 is definitely closest to that word than any other MMO I’ve ever played.
You are making awesome game for us Anet. Thanks.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: Cevlakohn.2165

Cevlakohn.2165

Guild Wars 2 has Asura. No other MMO has Asura.

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Meanwhile, I enjoy making stuff for my desktop and logon screen… ;-)

Lol, those pictures are great XD

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

GW2 vanilla was/is one of the best gaming values for me in terms of entertainment per dollar spent. Only one other game beat it, and that was also put out by ANet. I’ve also appreciated some of the QoL changes, features and content additions since the game launched.

Posted by: Arcane.1526

Arcane.1526

The most fantastic elements of GW2 are definitely the visual and audible design aspects of the game. Artwork, ambiance, music, animations, lighting and visual effects really bring this game to life considering it is DX9.

I would also like to mention the Customer Service Support and Forum Moderators are amazing compared to the majority of other games, MMO or otherwise.

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

This is a really nice thread. Thank you for the positive thoughts!

Pfft. If you can find a WvW player still around and have the courage to listen to them, you would get a totally different answer.

Being ignored and stepped upon for 3 years engenders such happy thoughts.

(edited by Grim West.3194)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If you like these ones you should have seen them 3 years ago, when they were truly spectacular.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

If you like these ones you should have seen them 3 years ago, when they were truly spectacular.

I miss the Mad King’s Labyrinth so much. If only there was some quest-acquired or gemstore artifact that could teleport you to the labyrinth all year round. Oh, Labby Horror! Where art thou?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m a big fan of the community, overall.
Node-sharing, active combat and multiple guilds.
Level scaling.
Exploration- there are still meaningful parts of the world I’ve probably yet to see, after nearly 3 years. (Excluding the xpac, I mean.)
Jumping puzzles.
Weapons being meaningful, rather than just stat sticks.
Character customization. (Creation, dyes, armor sets, outfits, etc.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My enjoyment of this game comes mostly from it’s organic nature. I can’t think of another MMO that I can just run around in and do whatever comes up. I often start doing one thing and either an event pops up, or I’ll see a gathering node, and before I know it, I’m way off my original “mission” and doing something I didn’t expect to be doing.

This game sates my tendency toward wanderlust.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Stuff I like about this game:

- Plenty of character customization options
- Fluid & simple combat mechanics
- 3 different game-modes; I prefer WvW but I do enjoy PvP & PvE equally
- When they host events; (I want to experience Dragon Bash plz), Queen’s Gauntlet, bazaar of the 4 Winds thing etc
- Lore is easy to understand & history intriguing
- They finally made some nice green jungle-maps aka HoT and I love the environment so this was a definite plus
- Elite specs have been a blast to play
- The simplicity & casual-ness of core Tyria maps for when I’m burned out on all the HoT content and need a break
- Positive threads like these exist
- No subscription fee
- Easy to pick up for new players or returning friends
- no massive gear treadmill; exotics are enough in most cases
- wardrobe system update among many other QoL things “consume all” function on stacks of items was much needed

I stick to this game because it’s fun. There isn’t really any other game out there quite like GW2.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Honestly what I like about GW2 is that the PVE content is very group-based, bringing the community together, working out strategies together to beat a meta, commanding etc. It’s fun to play with other people.

My only wish is that they make slight changes to those meta from time to time… like I don’t know. Have random events that give exclusive items or something.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

My only wish is that they make slight changes to those meta from time to time… like I don’t know. Have random events that give exclusive items or something.

Living Story season 1 was all about this. It was a really good time to play. But it’s understandable that they don’t want to spend so many resources on one-time content like that again.

Still we do have some seasonal events and the occasional random one.

Kam.4092

Guild Wars 2 has Asura. No other MMO has Asura.

This

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

It surely has things to fix and balance in many places but kitten guys, it’s the only game in my life that keeps me playing since day one. This must mean something I guess?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Love the game in general, overwhelmed by all the options I have to play every day, love the art, the variety, the wardrobe, everything… keep me thinking all day about the game! just love it

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Posted by: Adelsbane.4305

Adelsbane.4305

A thread like this one is so welcomed when all you see (mostly) on these forums is hate and negativity.

Call me a fanboy but I’ve been a huge Guild Wars fan since the beginning and it’s my go to MMO and have played many but this one is so well rounded in my opinion and offers anything I want in an MMO. I’m not the best gamer out there but there is definately lots to do that is not challenging and also offers challenging content too if I ever decide to try it. Not bored yet in the slightest.

Overall Anet has built a great game that is ever evolving and yes mistakes are made but I have complete faith that the game will remain great and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

I just want the devs to know how much I appreciate my Scrapper Engineer. Pretty much the only thing I actively wanted to happen before the expansion was even announced was a hammer in my engineer’s hands, and that wish came true beautifully.

Wow, another suck up thread is made and a wild dev suddenly appears and uses reply. What a surprise.

The token Wet Blanket has made its presence known.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

“Tons of fun” might be an exaggeration for me. XD
But having 24 characters, I must be having some fun, ne?

GW2 at least gives me a lot to work toward. Endgame is still kinda sparse and grindy, but I can have goals, which is a lot more than some other raid-centric, treadmill games give me.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: gungcho.7382

gungcho.7382

After playing ther fist game, which was amazing, it had the best questing system back there, and the best character customization at the time. For yeast I’ve played WoW, did some leveling on different characters, some raiding, some pvp, but in the end, after the daily quests, after the proffesion cds, there is not much to do there. And when a collegue of mine told that GW2 is going to be F2P, i needed to check it out, yes did hear some bad stuff about it, which now i see is based on people who did not give it a try or tried to undestand the game. Now i can just tell it is better than WoW for me, it gives me a lot to do, there are usually always people doing stuff. The comunity is great, the devs are great ( had the best customer <→ GM interaction in my years of gaming, resolved all my issues, friendly and polite), the gameplay is so diverse and at the same time simple, yet you feel satisfied. Whit that said, keep up the good work, even though there might be issues, and things go not as planned, yet the game is unique and fun, and that’s what matters! Thank you!