GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

GW2 female armour: skimpy or not?

• I prefer skimpy armour and want more choices of it.
  • I prefer skimpy armour, but options are enough and we could go for non-skimpy ones now.
  • Everything is fine and we have enough options for both.
  • I prefer non-skimpy armour, but options are enough and we could go for skimpy ones now.
  • I prefer non-skimpy armour and want more choices of it.

Here’s the poll.

Basically interested in stats, at least the ones from the forum sample.

Please try to keep it civil, as I would be happy to see some solid numbers on the poll before this thread derails and gets personal, which unfortunately happens in threads on the subject.

Thank you.

EDIT: Here’s a good armour gallery in case anyone’s interested, by the way.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I am voting #1, but only because I play Charr, who use the male model, and there aren’t enough skimpy male armors in the game. I like the good variety of armor among human and Norn, though! …aside from the universal-in-the-western-world arbitrary oppression surrounding the display of a female’s chest (But not her face, for an even more arbitrary reason).

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

I like skimpy but I think we should have more non-skimpy now. We got enough of one, let’s bring the other up to par.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I’m not gonna vote as the question’s not really relevant to my complaints about armour, but I’d just like to say that skimpy and non-skimpy armour is great in equal measures to suit all tastes – the most annoying thing is when it’s not gender balanced.

Chronic shortage of skimpy male armour, yo. See sig link.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Sartharina.3542

I like skimpy but I think we should have more non-skimpy now. We got enough of one, let’s bring the other up to par.

We have 15 Skimpy vs 27 Non-skimpy female light armors. We have ~5 skimpy vs 37 Non-skimpy female Medium armors(But a lot more low-cut tops). We have 9 skimpy vs 33 non-skimpy female heavy armors (Unfortunately, all faction armors are skimpy).

We have 5 skimpy vs. 37 non-skimpy male light armors. We have 0(!) skimpy vs 42 non-skimpy male medium armors. We have 5 skimpy vs. 37 non-skimpy male heavy armors.

I considered any armor that exposes any part of the torso (Other than neckline) or legs to be ‘skimpy’ for the purpose of this examination, which means a lot of armors that are ‘skimpy’ still cover a significant amount of the body.

Yes, there’s an imbalance and one side needs to be brought up to par with the other. It’s not the non-skimpy side, though.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Lishtenbird.2814

Here’s a good armour gallery in case anyone’s interested, by the way:

http://argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/index.php?lang=en&color=10&race=2&w=1&sex=1

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You should also put an option for: “I like both styles and would love to have more choices for both.”

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I am also casting my vote for “I want more of both”.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Lishtenbird.2814

You should also put an option for: “I like both styles and would love to have more choices for both.”

I think “Everything is fine and we have enough options for both.” is pretty much this. As new armour is added anyway, it just tells that the proportion is fine.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I’d lice female charr to be able to wear some more female armour as they Always gets the male version. My Main being a mediun class carrier makes that LOADS of coats – looks UGLY on charr and clipps a lot!!!

There should be a race-choice in the poll
“I mostly play **** Race”
and
“My character wears most Female/Male Armour”

If I vote in the poll, it feels like it doesnt do anything for my race…. Only for the others.

Kima & Co

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Sartharina.3542

Yeah… the medium armor options for Charr is a serious issue, given that the most iconic class for Charr is medium-armored.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I voted 1 and my GF is at work now but if she would vote she would vote 1 also… And I am pretty sure that all my female friend who plays MMOs and other games rather play hot and sexy babes with challanging outfits than themselfes.

If a man can wear gladiator oufit why can’t a woman in a fantasy game? I repeat Fantasy Game.

And just as Taku.6352 says, “I like both styles and would love to have more choices for both.” I would have choosen that option if it was there.

Do you know what the best thing with fantasy is? Well, you can be and do whatever you want.

Edit:

I think “Everything is fine and we have enough options for both.” is pretty much this. As new armour is added anyway, it just tells that the proportion is fine.

Though I didn’t take it like that, I thought that I don’t think everything is fine… There are more skimpy armors that I want and I want the cencor for Arah Heavy armor removed. I also wan’t more real pants and I wan’t more jackets and tunic’s. So I want more options looks and less just texture changes.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I want more non-cardboard, non-trench-coat and non-skirt choices. At least make the long stuff flow more.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Cureless.4672

Cureless.4672

Im the only one that voted 5 Q_Q

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I would rather have more armor of all types, skimpy and non-skimpy, as attainable for free. I would also like more pants and skirts without the trench coats.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

• I like both and need more choices for both.
    The world is not black and white.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

After looking over the armor, everyone that says there is too much skimpy armor is obviously wrong since 11 out of 43 (I’m not counting the Tribal Armor since PvE can not get it nor could PvE ever get it.) total Human light armors are skimpy. That looks like the skimpy armors are the minority.

It would be nice to have an even number of skimpy and non-skimpy armor for both genders and all races.

More skimpy armor please.

And LESS Trench Coats for medium armor. Have you guys ever heard of Bomber Jackets if you insist on making medium armor have jackets.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More skimpy, those tattoos and other body markings (more tattoos and other body markings, as well) are made to be seen! =)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I think that the non-skimpy part is well covered for now (heh, pun!). I got plenty of nice armors.
So, it’s time for some skimpy ones!!

And males need skimpy ones too, by the way!

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Aryksa.4021

Aryksa.4021

I’m a woman who play female characters. And I prefer non-skimpy armour and want more choices of it.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I think there’s just a lack of variation that people want. Personally, I would like to see some light (gothic) dresses, lace, corsettes and skirts…along with this I would like to see more heavy armors that feel extremely sleek, elegant and angellic. As far as medium goes, I’m not entirely sure what I want to see.

Here’s an example of a concept for a more gothic dress.

Here’s an example of what I mean by an elegant female design.

The balance itself I think is somewhat fine, just a lack of variation. The desire to have some of the steampunk/gothic/angellic feeling to your characters can’t really be quenched with the designs they currently offer. They can be halfway met but 2+ years in waiting gets old after a while.

(edited by Cuddy.6247)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

I think the armour (for humans/norn) is pretty balanced at the moment. I’d like to see that balance continue.

The issue of Charr/Asura armor and Male skimpy armor are somewhat separate discusssions, but from the poll and comments the conclusion seems to be that really we would all just like to see more diverse armor designs.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

As I’ve said in other similar threads, I would actually prefer options of armor we already have ie Long/Short or No Coat, Long Pants or Shorts, Long Skirt or Short Skirt, Long/Shot/No sleeves, Long/Short gloves etc.
Depending on my character and what I want to show off….For Charr, I want to show off my fur! For Norn, I want to show off the tattoos I selected.
I don’t mind more armors of course, but player taste runs the gamut, so there really isn’t ever “enough” armors in the game.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I think wearing skimpy armor in combat is a serious logic fail. “I’m fighting for my life, so I’ll take all my armor off!” I mean come on, when the other guys are shooting arrows and swinging swords you’ll want to be as covered as possible. Just my thought process.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

When does an armor counts as skimpy? When it shows breast cleavage? I see that in RL all the time and also wear it myself, i think thats a pretty normal thing, no?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I think wearing skimpy armor in combat is a serious logic fail. “I’m fighting for my life, so I’ll take all my armor off!” I mean come on, when the other guys are shooting arrows and swinging swords you’ll want to be as covered as possible. Just my thought process.

I guess it depends on how you are role playing your character. Do you work in a particular castle/keep and not travel, then yes big thick armor is for you (think Seraph). If you consider your character a nomad traveling hundreds of miles over different terrain, then you are going to wear different armor (coats and pants). If you are trying to blend in with town folk, then again you will be dressed as they are.
If you like to think your “light” armor characters have magical unseen armors then you can wear whatever you like. shrug it’s up to the individuals.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I’d like to see more of both, sometimes, I like skimpy, other times, I like not-so-skimpy but there is a place in my wardrobe for everything =p

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My vote is also for – ’I like both styles. Love to mix and match. Just give me more armors in game. Period."

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Well then. The highest is “I like and want more skimpy armor” by 39%. Given this, I propose we should also have a male/female ratio.

Oh yeah, and A-Net should totally design a sling bikini. Or something.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Aryksa.4021

Aryksa.4021

When does an armor counts as skimpy? When it shows breast cleavage? I see that in RL all the time and also wear it myself, i think thats a pretty normal thing, no?

It depend. Do you fight against monsters in real life ?

(edited by Aryksa.4021)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Morte de Angelis.7986

Morte de Angelis.7986

Its not so much on how much of each their is.

I’m just sick and tired of seeing Female, Human thieves wearing the same outfit.
Its either.

Duelist (Now sneaktheif)
T3 Cultural
As little as possible (Krytan Top, Tiny shoes, tiny gloves, the short-skirt I can’t remember the outfit)
T3 Cultrual with Vigil Leggings.
Etc.

Its just like I’m actually genuinely surprised when I see a female, human theif where something different…..

I don’t personally think the “problem” (if people find it a problem) is the number of skimpy vs non-skimpy armour sets. Is the number of people that choose them.

Do that number of guys really get turned on by looking at a semi-naked chick in a video game? =S

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Do that number of guys really get turned on by looking at a semi-naked chick in a video game? =S

I’m not sure we really want an answer to that question.

Anyway, there are currently more non-skimpy options (as you put it) than skimpy options, but I feel the QUALITY and UNIQUENESS of these pieces often misses the mark. There are lots of “wow” options on the skimpy side, but not nearly as many covering options.

I’d love to see some more variety in design.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

It depend. Do you fight against monsters in real life ?

What does that get to do with anything?

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I don’t personally think the “problem” (if people find it a problem) is the number of skimpy vs non-skimpy armour sets. Is the number of people that choose them.

With medium armour on females, I think most people just go with ‘not a trench coat’, as those are sort of boring to look at. There’s also generally a level of dissatisfaction with medium armour in this game. IMO, The very best looking sets are heavily restricted (Heritage and Norn T3)

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Its not so much on how much of each their is.

I’m just sick and tired of seeing Female, Human thieves wearing the same outfit.
Its either.

Duelist (Now sneaktheif)
T3 Cultural
As little as possible (Krytan Top, Tiny shoes, tiny gloves, the short-skirt I can’t remember the outfit)
T3 Cultrual with Vigil Leggings.
Etc.

Its just like I’m actually genuinely surprised when I see a female, human theif where something different…..

Doesn’t that proved the needs for skimpy medium armor is huge while the option is fairly limited?

For me, i think the skimpy vs non-skimpy radio is good (for light armor), but the radio is off for medium armor, thats why everywhere is T3 human cultural and the viper skirt. I am perfectly fine if there are more quality non skimpy armor skins, i do. But i think the skimpy : non skimpy radio must remain (or skimpy medium / heavy should increase a bit)

There will be little to no helping if there are more quality non skimpy armor release. People will still run around with the current skimpy armor they can get. I guess strider armor is a good start, it has good balance between protection and skin. My thief is using strider coat and viper skirt, viper boot, looks amazing, only revealing very little skin but enough sexy imo.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Lishtenbird.2814

Anyway, there are currently more non-skimpy options (as you put it) than skimpy options, but I feel the QUALITY and UNIQUENESS of these pieces often misses the mark. There are lots of “wow” options on the skimpy side, but not nearly as many covering options.

Yes, I also get the same idea. People feel that there are “too many” skimpy outfits because most of them are catchy, while non-skimpy outfits are too alike and people feel like there’s “too little” of those. Not really surprising, to say the truth, as showing different parts and amounts of skin is a great way to vary shapes and edge materials/decorations, while non-skimpy outfits, especially when dyed in a single colour, generally look the same – a robe with a print on it.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I love people talking about realism and practicality in a game where Bows shoots unicorns.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Yes, I also get the same idea. People feel that there are “too many” skimpy outfits because most of them are catchy, while non-skimpy outfits are too alike and people feel like there’s “too little” of those. Not really surprising, to say the truth, as showing different parts and amounts of skin is a great way to vary shapes and edge materials/decorations, while non-skimpy outfits, especially when dyed in a single colour, generally look the same – a robe with a print on it.

Some of the former town clothes – hoodies and vests might be an option. They looked different without being skimpy. At least I think so, might have to search for screenshots when it comes to the vests.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Chronic shortage of skimpy male armour, yo.

This is something I could get behind.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Jahroots.6791

Skimpy and male just ….do not sound right together. shudders

Would be cool to go shirtless, or at least hide the chest armour.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I love people talking about realism and practicality in a game where Bows shoots unicorns.

And no rainbow unicorn outfits to go along with. pout

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: dustinharlin.8693

dustinharlin.8693

As a male who plays mostly female characters I hate skimpy armor.. I like my armor to look like.. Well.. Armor.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I know right.
As if GW2 is the only game that does this. While in fact it’s as old as video games itself.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

And you think it is a big difference when you wear light armor AKA cloth armor ?
How much less protection will you expect from a Shirt when you opened up 3-4 buttons so that a little part of your breast is not “protected” by your shirt ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I realise it’s a limitation of this type of poll but I think we need more options.

My take on it is that every profession/gender/race combination should have a full range of options from almost naked to 100% coverage and it should be possible to mix and match so players can find what they want. (Preferably with a choice of plain and flashy/ornate skins across the range too.)

In most cases female armor in GW2 is pretty good. Medium armor could use more revealing options (and less long coats in general!) but that’s about it. Male armor (and therefore female armor for charr and asura) however is seriously lacking skimpy options, or options in general.

So basically I think it’s ok now, but I’m also in favour of more options of all kinds.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I like both and need more choices for both.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Jahroots.6791

I dunno, I just like good-looking armour. It’s all subjective of course, but I do prefer my female characters to wear armour that’s at least a bit revealing. Really I think the issue is that we need more armour options, and ideally…a few in-game rather than gem store options.

Now that outfits are wearable in combat that argument about armour type being a ‘visual cue’ or whatever can be tossed out, and I think we should be able to transmute the skins of any class of armour for any profession cosmetically.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I like both and need more choices for both.

That’s pretty much my thought as well. There’s a lot of armor that isn’t terribly appealing to me, regardless of arbitrary, deliberative negative labels placed on it.

The discussion shouldn’t be multiple choice, unless the answer is ‘all of the above’.

Unless that is the discussion people want to have, and feel there is a line, and everything should be on one side of the line and anyone who is left standing on the other side of the line can leave. If that is the discussion that people want to have, I find that a bit intolerant and sad.

GW2 Female Armour [Poll]

Sartharina.3542

Skimpy and male just ….do not sound right together. shudders

Would be cool to go shirtless, or at least hide the chest armour.

Skimpy and Male go just as well together as Skimpy and Female.