GW2 The Movie?!

GW2 The Movie?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Blade and Soul – another NcSoft MMO is being made into an anima and is currently available for download at the official site and in Japanese TV.

I am wondering if GW2 will follow. Given the rapid decline in players interest this maybe what GW2 needed to bring interest back into the game.

So whats your thoughts on this? Will a movie bring back life back in GW2?

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

With current writing team? Please no!

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Please entice us with your player metrics you Anet insider! And no. This game isn’t of an anime nature and would flop horribly. Western game → movie adaptations are poor at best. Condensing a story that takes half a day to get through into an hour, maybe 2 at best is going straight for the jugular and ripping out the story and replacing it with some action scenes and some cheesy half-written love story. Forget about a plot, the holes are just enormous.

Besides, don’t we already have Game of Thrones? isn’t that close enough? MMO based movies have already been done and the reason you probably haven’t seen them is because they’re not even remotely that interesting.

To do a Guild Wars 2 movie would require a massive amount of money to pull off all the CGI that would be required plus a lot of other things. I wouldn’t want to see this game made into a movie, probably a very well funded and cast series maybe.
But definitely not an anime, it just doesn’t lend itself to this format. But if it was, it would be all about the personal story, not the rest of the lore and it would be so shortened as to discredit the game altogether.

Leave games out of the theater and keep the theater out of games. I’m a fan of stories but keep your theatrical broadway ambitions away from gaming, there’s plenty of that on TV.

Oh, and I believe this was already considered during the lifetime of gw1 and iirc Anet said “OH HELL NO!” or something

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Western game -> movie adaptations are poor at best. Condensing a story that takes half a day to get through into an hour, maybe 2 at best is going straight for the jugular and ripping out the story and replacing it with some action scenes and some cheesy half-written love story. Forget about a plot, the holes are just enormous.

Gw2 movie by Uwe Boll .. -shudder-

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

More like Guild Wars 2: The +18 Anime. With current armor design

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

More like Guild Wars 2: The +18 Anime. With current armor design

In terms of Anime our armor is maybe 6+

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I think it would not really be a good movie tbh. BUT. If it should be given a chance it should follow the same style as the books did. Being a different story at a slightly different time than the one we experience in game, so as to expand on what we already got, rather than just taking what we have and try to make it fit another media. Maybe that way it wont be a total failure.

The time setting I could see working would be, somewhere in the 250 years between GW1 and GW2, we got the 3 books, but I am sure a lot of other things happened in that time as well.
The time prior to the GW1 era, with the actual guild wars and ancient lore.

Some unique story unlike the ones we play through, but within the world and lore frames.

Buuut I dunno… to make it a proper good or at least decent movie, it would need a tonne of money, which could be used on making an expansion… and I know which would be most successful at making me want to play some more again… and it is not the movie.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Look what happened to Defiance. I don’t think anyone even plays/watches it anymore.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Guild Wars 2: Scarlet Strikes Back.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Hmm, would it be a bit like this..?

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

Did you just call an anime an anima

Anima is a summoned aeon in final fantasy lol.

Attachments:

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I know I’d love to see Destiny’s Edge fight Kralkatorrik.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

GW2’s story plot.
Zhaitan threatens world.
Trahearne saves world.
Scarlet threatens world.
Trahearne disappears.
We kill Scarlet.

THE END

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Look what happened to Defiance. I don’t think anyone even plays/watches it anymore.

New season of Defiance starts in June. Actually looking forwards to it. I don’t play the game however.

#TeamJadeQuarry

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It will be a silent film.

GW2 The Movie?!

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

It would be a movie full of bugs.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.