GW2 controller support? relieve joint pain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gtg.7208

gtg.7208

Will GW2 have controller support soon? Played GW2 too much, my right hand index finger starts to have joint pain.

At least for combat moves we can use all our fingers with a controller. Inventory, BL windows, LFG windows, WvW windows still use keyboard.

Thanks for reading.

(edited by gtg.7208)

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

I doubt they will though I feel your pain.

There are a lot of third party programs that can help get this accomplished for you though such as xpadder. They shouldn’t violate the rules either though you’d probably want to check on this yourself and not take my word for it because I am often wrong.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Look up PS2, PS3, XBOX third party controller – PC support on the web.

Personally, I used a Belkin n52te for left hand until updating to a Razer Orbweaver. Steelseries Sensei programmable mouse does autorun, interact, jump, and camera/view direction. Compact keyboard for chat only. Keep forearms and wrists level with hands. All other commands are mapped to the orbweaver.

Posted by: ffletcher.3468

ffletcher.3468

I’ve been using a Logitech F710 for two years now. Works fine but is not as accurate as a mouse/kb. You can do the jumping puzzles but I wouldn’t plan on doing PvP. Works great for open world combat. You’ll need to map the keys but it’s not hard.

Posted by: PokerStar.5081

PokerStar.5081

I’m new to gw2.. few weeks

My 1st time to MMO and I couldn’t play with keyboard

So I purchased a Razer Tartarus kaypad and Razer naga mouse

Tartarus has a directional stick that my thumb sits on to move around -
Left hand fingers have access to 20 keys

Naga mouse has 12 buttons

Game is very easy to control now for me…

Full Flush
JQ
I’m all in !

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Right hand Index finger pain comes to all who use mice for 10 to 20 years.

Try using a trackball. More costly but once you get used to them you never go back to the pain.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

As long as 1 button equals 1 action (X = 1 ) there shouldnt be any issues. I justgot it set up for my wife using antimicro, Xpadder didnt work for me. But check out this thread for some more info.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Xbox-360-controller-and-Guild-Wars-2-merged/first

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

i made a video about how to use a controller and tried it but i never got used to it.
I read online that Anet doesn’t support third party programs but didnt have a problem with this. It was 2 years ago so im not doing the research again.

here’s the link, try it out and see how it goes
http://youtu.be/ThsNrDvZyHo

you might need to search the mod again as my link doesnt work anymore… im not looking for it again lol

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home