GW2 in 2014

GW2 in 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

My guess is 2014 will be the same as 2013.

More rushed buggy Living Story content
More cleverly crafted statements with double meanings meant to entice the playerbase without actually requiring them to deliver what the players think they are getting (i.e. precursor crafting)
More buffs for warrios
More nerfs for rangers
Changes to champ loot that will result in zergs going from champ trains to the next most profitable thing that everyone will subsequently complain about
and.. as always, more general nerfing of any method of making the slightest amount of gold.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Just FYI wildstar will be like Eve, in that you can/will be able to use ingame currency to buy game time.

Yes but only if other players buy game time, at a premium ($20 vs $15), and put it up for sale. Would it end up like our legendaries where only market players and speed runners have enough currency to buy it? If I’m paying for someone else’s ride I want proper compensation as in a whole lot of currency.

The price will create their version of gem exchange complainers. I can see the topics now.

“Fix CREED price”
“CREED price to high”
“Developers lied, can’t play for free”
“Stop CREED inflation”

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Hmmm, probably…
-deletion of all professions except warrior and guardian from pve
-removal of all gear other than beserker and knights from pve
-lots and lots of Living story…episodes I guess?
-lots of reskinned ‘rewards’ for said Living story episodes
-lots of people whining they aren’t ‘winning’ for sitting around a computer pressing 1 in a blob
-no change to stackfest-dodgeroll-gimmick runs…I mean dungeons
-no change to theme parks…I mean dynamic events
-increasingly elitist and toxic community

…as a matter of fact pve is now removed from the game-upon logging in you’ll be ported to lion’s arch where everyone stacks and auto attacks the training dummies in the most efficient order for exotics (and of course the obligatory elitist bragging of how I can press ‘1-2-3’ like a boss from the kids).

Oh and new skills to satisfy clamoring for ‘progression’ and gating them by having them cost almost as much as elites…for people who’ve been around a year….and have hundreds of skill points….and will just buy them as soon as they log in anyway…sucks to be the new guy.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

My guess is 2014 will be the same as 2013.

More rushed buggy Living Story content
More cleverly crafted statements with double meanings meant to entice the playerbase without actually requiring them to deliver what the players think they are getting (i.e. precursor crafting)
More buffs for warrios
More nerfs for rangers
Changes to champ loot that will result in zergs going from champ trains to the next most profitable thing that everyone will subsequently complain about
and.. as always, more general nerfing of any method of making the slightest amount of gold.

^this
Living story just doesn’t do it for me…. bad story, bad game play, useless rewards, tedious grinding for achievement points.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d like to see:

Dyeable weapons (Most likely never going to happen though…)
Account bound Legendaries

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’d like to see:

Legendaries should be account bound for the time and effort it takes to create 1. Come to think of it, there shouldn’t be anything soul bound when it comes to gear.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Just FYI wildstar will be like Eve, in that you can/will be able to use ingame currency to buy game time.

Yes but only if other players buy game time, at a premium ($20 vs $15), and put it up for sale. Would it end up like our legendaries where only market players and speed runners have enough currency to buy it? If I’m paying for someone else’s ride I want proper compensation as in a whole lot of currency.

The price will create their version of gem exchange complainers. I can see the topics now.

“Fix CREED price”
“CREED price to high”
“Stop CREED inflation”

System has been working fine in EvE for years so I don’t know why you think it will fail for no reason in Wildstar.

Granted, it works in EvE because I can buy a crap load of Isk through PLEX’s, get a Machariel with all the faction trimmings and lose it 15 minutes later to trolls and most of that money evaporates forever so there is a system in place to keep it at a stable price but ti will largely remain to be seen how Wildstar handles it.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I’d like to see:

Legendaries should be account bound for the time and effort it takes to create 1. Come to think of it, there shouldn’t be anything soul bound when it comes to gear.

yea, considering i made a Twilight and have all GS capable classes

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Hopefully we’ll see some of the stuff that we were supposed to see this year: Precursor crafting, new legendaries, new traits, pvp legendaries, and pvp game modes.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

…as a matter of fact pve is now removed from the game-upon logging in you’ll be ported to lion’s arch where everyone stacks and auto attacks the training dummies in the most efficient order for exotics (and of course the obligatory elitist bragging of how I can press ‘1-2-3’ like a boss from the kids).

I Lol’ed at this. That sums up my PvE experience pretty well.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Meaning I HAVE to play the game in order to be able to play the game? or enjoy it?
While I’m sure both sides have merit I will stick to something I can play when ever, and because I want to. Not because I’m obligated to in-order to have fun. My time is worth more than the set amount I must generate per month to keep playing something I like.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Hmmm, probably…
-deletion of all professions except warrior and guardian from pve
Thief and mesmer hold merit also, just goes to show you’re behind.

-removal of all gear other than beserker and knights from pve
Knights? LMFAO.

-lots and lots of Living story…episodes I guess?
God I hope not.

-lots of reskinned ‘rewards’ for said Living story episodes
Spot on.

-lots of people whining they aren’t ‘winning’ for sitting around a computer pressing 1 in a blob
I press only 2.

-no change to stackfest-dodgeroll-gimmick runs…I mean dungeons
If anything meaningful was introduced then maybe, Just maybe your first 2 complaints would be fixed. Other than that there is no hope for them currently.

-no change to theme parks…I mean dynamic events
Scarlet might be attacking that land during one?

-increasingly elitist and toxic community
Ironic indeed.

Being an elitist myself I do not brag that I can stack and press buttons better than anyone else. I only brag that using common sense and doing such things has made me much more gold much faster in game. In fact I am probably more casual of a player than anyone running around in PTV gear, I can get on play for 2 hours make 30-80g, then go enjoy other aspects of life. You PTV wearing people just love the game so much more than I do so you use such gear so that you are forced to see the game longer, it all makes sense now.

Oh and new skills to satisfy clamoring for ‘progression’ and gating them by having them cost almost as much as elites…for people who’ve been around a year….and have hundreds of skill points….and will just buy them as soon as they log in anyway…sucks to be the new guy.

I would rather the old GW1 style of skill obtaining, I would have to seek a specific monster, kill it while doing something special, and finally obtain the skill. You think 30 skill points is hard? In fact I would prefer having to do option A I want to spend time searching for some stupid skill that is probably worse than any out already, I would get more satisfaction from having a complete character rather than logging in and just buying it.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I hope to see blog post Looking Ahead of 2014 soon.

R.I.P Kumu <3

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

what if they dont have plans?

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’m not so sure about wildstar yet. Some parts it looks fine, and others it looks like something from the 90’s. I do not like the artstyle for many many places and animations in the game. But yet if I look at the dev’s playing it does have some solid gameplay.

Everquest next also looks like a good contender for my next mmo, but besides a few tech demo’s there is not much to see yet.

And the 5-10 other asian mmo grinders that look great, I’ll see when I get a chance to demo that.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Don’t worry, more Scarlet is already underway.

Only for one or two more patches. Her “do not touch” towers will be the finale.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

I have been thinking of wildstar myself. Not gonna lie looks good. But, the current business model of the game suggest approx. 40eur for the game and than 10eur per month sub. I think the best deal you can get is a 1 year sub for 120eur. I am not taking their credd system into consideration, not until the rates, grind-requirement would be revealed.

-too greedy, too much commitment, not happening for a lot people (me included).

Than for ESO, this is just as bad. Sub requirement was annouced (I do not know the numbers for this one) but the issue here is different. They are taking a game that became famous for their single player RPG aspect and doing it MMO style. To me, this just isnt an elder scrolls game.

- sub as well, nothing impressive to see so far, not a true e.scrolls successor

As for GW, I do not know. I would like to see an expansion, if it doesnt happen, it wont have much to offer in the 2014. Game is solid and good, but living story is a lackluster and we do not see much else apart of it.

banished from time and space

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: CihandaR.2395

CihandaR.2395

let me tell yu. tons of living story events with stupid rewards/story/achievements, 2-3healing skills and some ugly mini’s. anet why not make this game even better??? i want to play kitten but not the same thing of the past year nor the LS

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I’m optimistic.
For a start, the Oculus Rift comes out next year, and I am expecting that GW2 will work with it.
Also, there are plenty of interesting characters that could return to the Living Story next year (my love for characters like Canach, Rox and Braham greatly surpass my hate for characters like Kiel).
I am also hoping that another world boss will get a revamp, maybe the Shatterer so I can get a mini Shatterer that has the same awesome animation that the mini Teq has.
Also, the last two words of the SAB will probably be released next year. I hope we will get a portable version of the SAB inside the home instance after it is complete.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I was looking forward to WildStar till they announced their business model. Even with it being like Eve, its still a subscription based game. I know from a buddy that played Eve, it takes quite of bit of your playing time/work to get the needed in game funds to buy the subscription time.

I have been thinking of wildstar myself. Not gonna lie looks good. But, the current business model of the game suggest approx. 40eur for the game and than 10eur per month sub. I think the best deal you can get is a 1 year sub for 120eur. I am not taking their credd system into consideration, not until the rates, grind-requirement would be revealed.

-too greedy, too much commitment, not happening for a lot people (me included).

Than for ESO, this is just as bad. Sub requirement was annouced (I do not know the numbers for this one) but the issue here is different. They are taking a game that became famous for their single player RPG aspect and doing it MMO style. To me, this just isnt an elder scrolls game.

- sub as well, nothing impressive to see so far, not a true e.scrolls successor

As for GW, I do not know. I would like to see an expansion, if it doesnt happen, it wont have much to offer in the 2014. Game is solid and good, but living story is a lackluster and we do not see much else apart of it.

Mirrors my thoughts.

…but living story is a lackluster and we do not see much else apart of it.

Well new players won’t see much of it anyways, due to it pretty much all being temporary. I think (imo) the story was fine up until the voting thing. After that one, its gone downhill ever since, especially Halloween. Hopefully we see something come out of the CDI thing.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

So, basically we have a thread full of people pointing out that the only strong point GW2 will have against the upcoming competition is the fact that you don’t play a subscription…

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

“Fix CREED price”
“CREED price to high”
“Stop CREED inflation”

System has been working fine in EvE for years so I don’t know why you think it will fail for no reason in Wildstar.

Granted, it works in EvE because I can buy a crap load of Isk through PLEX’s, get a Machariel with all the faction trimmings and lose it 15 minutes later to trolls and most of that money evaporates forever so there is a system in place to keep it at a stable price but ti will largely remain to be seen how Wildstar handles it.

Does it work on EVE though? I’ve never played the game but have you got any data on the percentage of players buying PLEX with ISK to the other way round?

A system like that just sounds like a sales strategy to guised behind a mask of ‘you can play for free!’, which consists if very few people actually playing for free whilst the game becomes P2W through a lot more people buying subs and selling them.

You might ask ‘but who are the sellers selling to then?’ The answer is that often the sub allowance becomes a coupon for trade, much like stocks or bonds irl (traders don’t buy them to purely benefit from payments or control, but to speculate and trade them), and a lot of players tend to buy a whole bunch of them at what they think it’s a low, to save them for the future.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I stopped reading about TESO when they said it was going to be a P2P (yes, in this time and age this -does- kill any interest I might have in a game). I stopped reading about Wildstar when I saw the first screenshot and their infantile cartoon graphics (I hate that art style with a passion).

So yes, as far as I am concerned, there will be no upcoming MMO anytime soon that could lure me away from GW2.

I -have- admit that while I really love this game, one thing that does bother my greatly is the amount of time they need for virtually everything here that’s not the Living Story. We got so many promises, from precursor crafting, guild and personal housing, new areas and so on. The only thing we got was the LFG tool, which released more than a year after the game’s launch and turned out to be completely underwhelming, to add insult to injury.

We get updates super frequently, but with every new feature, the team can’t seem to make their minds up how to get them into the game. I guess they try too hard to be new and original, when not in -every- case you need to be new and original. The industry solved LFG tools a long time ago, for example. Could have just copied what works in that case. GW1 already solved guild halls, and many games have solved personal housing. Just…take the ideas out there.

My wish for 2014 – get something done to bring the game forward and evolve it. The Living Story is more about going in circles than going forward.

Tarnished Coast

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

GW2 in 2014 ?
-random traits change to fake the interest in the core gameplay
- Super Exotic Ascended gear that ask craft lvl 1000 and to have 1 t581 material you have to farm 10000 time a super extra hard dungeon
- More super living story that ask you to do 250464064 time the same thing and you need 200success to have the “super cool” reward : One gold item.
- GuildWars2 change his name into World Of GearGrind 2

I cant wait !

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

GW2 in 2014

Valanga.5942

- GuildWars2 change his name into World Of GearGrind 2

This this this one thousand times this.
I’ve read too many times people saying “if i have to play WoW in space, then i’d rather go play the actual WoW”, about Wildstar…

So i must ask, why keep playing WoW lite, when you have the actual WoW?

Oh right… 40 cents per day are a crime…

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So, basically we have a thread full of people pointing out that the only strong point GW2 will have against the upcoming competition is the fact that you don’t play a subscription…

Lol, nice. Nailed it for some.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

But it is very much an elder scrolls game, arguably too much of an elder scrolls game and not enough of an mmo.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Well…that quote roughly translates to “There are some games coming out that might be decent but not (much) better than GW2, so why should I switch to a game having a sucky business model?”

Which…just makes sense, no?

Tarnished Coast

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think Wildstar and ESO will both be competition and both take a chunk of players from GW2, but I don’t think the games will fair well long term.

ESO turned me and many other people I know off by announcing that it will launch on consoles. The fact is that the game will ultimately be dumbed way down in order to accommodate that. That alone made it fail imo.

Wildstar will do better since it has the eve sub model which was fairly popular in eve, has all the features of WoW, and has a robust housing system. However the weird humor and art direction is off putting for me so I don’t know if i’ll play. I do like the GW2 style combat combined with the trinity though so I might give it a try once there is a free trial.

GW2 really just needs to launch an expansion. If it doesn’t then I don’t see it lasting past 2014. The game has just gone the wrong direction and gotten stale. Scarlet needs to end asap, a new dragon needs to show up and an expansion worth of features, dungeons and maps needs to appear.

Past 2014 there is EQN which seems to hold the most promise of all the games so far. The combat is a little iffy to me, but the next iteration of living world is what GW2 should have been. The 40+ classes to mix and match will make PvE interesting. The established EQ lore is a plus, and the companion game landmark which will allow players to design content for the game world is also a potential HUGE plus. But we will have to see how it plays out. Right now balance and combat are the two things that could fall flat on its face in that game.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

after reading all the comments about Wildstar being WoW in space or a WoW clone, i just laugh for how wrong you all are

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Hka.3942

Hka.3942

Why is no one talking about Everquest Next when it’s the one MMO with the most GW2-like ambitions? With horizontal progression and pretty much everything else promised in the manifesto and free to play too, to me it looks the more promising and I know I’ll be sure to try it (and Landmarks too).

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Why is no one talking about Everquest Next when it’s the one MMO with the most GW2-like ambitions? With horizontal progression and pretty much everything else promised in the manifesto and free to play too, to me it looks the more promising and I know I’ll be sure to try it (and Landmarks too).

:P I did mention it in my long kitten post on the first page (bottom).

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

aug, 2014 – New Expansion, you have 3 months to play the content, after this time all the expansion is removed from the game.

GW2 in 2014

Valanga.5942

Well…that quote roughly translates to “There are some games coming out that might be decent but not (much) better than GW2, so why should I switch to a game having a sucky business model?”

Which…just makes sense, no?

Actually it doesn’t… Don’t know about ESO, but i played Wildstar in beta and i can tell you that already have way more content than GW2, way more variety, way more character customization, way more features that GW2 got after month or didn’t get at all (example, wardrobe system).
So, for your question… Why switch to a game with a sucky business model?
Answer: Because it offers more.

GW2 in 2014

Valanga.5942

Most likely because EQNext, so far is little more than a lot of nice ideas and promises… Wich is another point in common with GW2 (with the difference that GW2 is still just nice ideas and promises more than one year after release)… And i guess after what ANet did with GW2, people’s keeping huge promises and ambition with more than a grain of salt.
Wildstar and for a good part ESO instead have already showed a lot, let a lot of people play, and overall feels more “concrete” since are just few months away from release.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

ESO turned me and many other people I know off by announcing that it will launch on consoles. The fact is that the game will ultimately be dumbed way down in order to accommodate that. That alone made it fail imo.

The only think that might indicate that is the limited action set yet GW2 and WS also both have limited action sets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

What I’d like to see in GW2 is of course and Expansion of the game that merges both the “Living Story” monthly releases and the main storyline. In terms of the main storyline I’ll like to see Destiny’s Edge work with some of the decendants of the heros and heroines of GW(1) as well as working with the new-ish characters such as Braham and Rox, Marjory and Kasmeer and of course Ellen Keil and the Captain’s Council.

As for the storylines of the Living Story releases Ill like to see the Molten Alliance make a big move and become an integrated part of the Personal Story along with the above mentioned. And what major expansion will be without the threat of a new Elder Dragon?

I’ll like that to be Jormag. This will mean opening up “new”-old maps in the Shiverpeaks where we will discover the ruins of Gunnar’s Hold and the Eye of the North (ie still keep the GW bonus exclusive to those entitled – like me).

And in keeping with the addition of these maps and extension of Lore ill like to see: Jhavi Jorasdottir (decendant of Jora – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jhavi_Jorasdottir) introduced as an ongoing character and for her to meet Eir Stegalkin and Destiny’s Edge.

It also would be an appropriate time to release both the Kodan and the Dredge as playable races. To go with the release of these two races there could be an update of the services available in major cities such as the ability to personalise your characters home area and for the home area to have a representative of the Order that the character has chosen in it.

As for town life. Ill like to have a costume for all crafting professions apart from the one already available – Cooking. With this addition, I’ll like Fishing/Diving to be included as a craft (I sooooo want my Kodan to have this crafting profession:)))) ).

Finally Ill like to say that a release that includes all/most/some of what I’ve detailed would be awesome and welcomed by many I think.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Mahonriancur.9462

Mahonriancur.9462

There are rumors that the Devona’s Rest server will be combined with another server. Is this true? and if so with what server?

GW2 in 2014

Immensus.9732

There are rumors that the Devona’s Rest server will be combined with another server. Is this true? and if so with what server?

I dont know if it is true but the population is dropping and in this server is really really low anyway, they dont even have WvW so something like that will be good for them

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Mahonriancur.9462

Mahonriancur.9462

I dont know if it is true but the population is dropping and in this server is really really low anyway, they dont even have WvW so something like that will be good for them

Ya I am in DR and our last good WvW guild is leaving for another server. There isn’t much going for DR anymore. I was just wondering if any rumors are true… guess we will find out. When I joined DR, it was still decent, but not now.

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Fun Facts: WildStar is developed by Carbine Studios, published by NCsoft. And GW2 is better than Wildstar

R.I.P Kumu <3

GW2 in 2014

Immensus.9732

Fun Facts: WildStar is developed by Carbine Studios, published by NCsoft. And GW2 is better than Wildstar

?? you dont know that because wildstar has yet been released…

GW2 in 2014

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’d be happy if the game was made feature complete instead of having piecemeal features.

I know its not the most exciting thing to look forward to but all the minor tweaks to systems that really should have been in at launch is getting old.

Also, remove DR from everything in the game and come up with a better way to promote us to play other modes / area’s instead of penalizing us for playing your product and playing areas that are densely populated by players.