GW2 potential

GW2 potential

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kamix.4713

kamix.4713

I’ve decided to make this post couple of days ago when I actually realized how this end game system works. Its not that I didnt know it before, but I’ve been inactive for couple of months and I get back a month ago. (I got 5k AP so its not that I’ve come to lvl 80 couple days ago). Here are some suggestion that I am sure would make this game surpass its current stage. I know expansion is on its way and this things may get implemented (which I hope they do).

Trait save system
I can say that this game has one of the best trait (tree) system there is in this genre. Not too complex, but also it has wide range of specific paths which are usefull depending on the paths / wvw etc. However I am still quite confused why doesnt we have some kind of a save method for it. We (or at least I do) re-trait alot deppending on the part of the game I’m going to play. There should be some save system! (ps you can easly implement it and charge it for 100 gems!)
Same goes for graphic settings! I have to change it every time if I want to have a decent FPS in world bosses/ zerg fights in wvw etc. and Im sure alot of players do the same thing.

Leagues in sPvP
This system is more or less known for quite some years. Now we have a global ladder and players fight for some “insignificant points”. With league system you would actually have more reason to play. Deppending on your league you would acquire some AP, maybe even titles and deppending on your position in the league you would get some rewards. I strongly suggest implementing unique item skins (with already made trackers). As well leagues would reset every month / 2 monts / half a year etc, but I strongly suggest adding unique skins for every season with some chain requierments to acquire final reward (and make it worth grinding the skin!)

Meta zerk change with adding unique end game content

Dungeons that ends in 5min? When devs were designing the game there was no chance that they were having this thing in mind! “LFG – Zerk only link items” o.O
People will always use “exploit” and the game mechanics to optimize time effort and final result.
We need diversity! Make some new dungeons with some new boss mechanics in which you’ll need guardian support build, condi necros etc…. We need to change this “order of zerkers”. If you want to become the best mmorpg out there you need to have more different builds that optimizes in different situations. Give us some “old WoW grinding” Dungeons with unique skins, weapons that are worth our efforts with nice AP addition. If you can make every couple of weeks a new edition to a living story I think you can make 1 hard dungeon per 5-6 months (optimal time to complete it). If needed make them 5+ players dungeons (10 max). Im sure there was alot of players who left this game after they realized how gw2 lacks a real PvE end game content.

Conclusion - GW2 has one of the best platforms out there. Nicely polished gameplay, beautiful graphics, epic action based combat which can / must be utilized by REAL end game content.

Thanks for reading & sorry for bad english.

Edited due to nice response by community + making a decent conclusion to the end game & zerk issue.

(edited by kamix.4713)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

“Give us some old WoW grinding”

No. It’s not WoW. It’s GW2. I strongly encourage you to get yourself informed about the meta in PvE, and why we play it like this.

Also, BINGO

GW2 potential

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

I agree we need a build saver and we need leagues. I don’t do many dungeons, so I have not comment.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Torenn.2598

Torenn.2598

When it comes to performance settings, it would be nice to just tell the game you want a minimum of X FPS and have it dynamically scale things back to maintain your preference. I understand this is easier said than done and could be quite jarring depending on how high your settings were before the FPS drop. I think id Software did something like this with the engine they used for Rage (not without its problems, especially at release). Something like this just makes sense for games like GW2, where you can go from a fairly empty scene to a zerg so big you can’t even find your own character in the mess of polygons and effects in a relatively short amount of time.

I wouldn’t expect this to be added to GW2, but it would be a nice addition in future titles. Of course, there could still be “hooks” into the engine so those who like to tinker with individual settings would still be able to do so. I seem to remember people complaining about Rage being fairly sparse in terms of its graphical settings, since the idea was that the engine would figure that stuff out for you somewhat dynamically.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Wyrdfell.8327

Wyrdfell.8327

No. It’s not WoW. It’s GW2. I strongly encourage you to get yourself informed about the meta in PvE, and why we play it like this.

Also, BINGO

This. I don’t wanna play another mmo with mindless gear grind. That’s why we love and play Gw2. Stop trying to change this. If you want that go play something else. There are a lot of mmos like that out there.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Gear and build templates are an excellent idea, we’ve discussed these at length and are holding out hope that this feature will be added …eventually.

I’m completely neutral on the leagues.

Dungeons, I disagree. Zerker is fine. We already have fractals for time consuming dungeon content. The drops are significantly better too. It sounds like you want a form of trinity back, most of us don’t.

For what its worth I actually like the idea of developing dungeons with specific builds in mind, but there’d have to be a significant reward to make them viable, or we’d end up with another Aetherpath on our hands.

GW2 potential

kamix.4713

No. It’s not WoW. It’s GW2.

Also, BINGO

This. I don’t wanna play another mmo with mindless gear grind. That’s why we love and play Gw2. Stop trying to change this. If you want that go play something else. There are a lot of mmos like that out there.

I see both of you missed my point.
I am not looking for endless gear farm since we all know that ascended pieces wont change anytime soon. And in fact I love gw2 gearing waaaay much more then any other type. Craft > grind.

What I miss in gw2 and what I wanted to say – We need more PvE component in the end game. Give us some challenges and goals within it. If you think legendary is challenging enough for end game – its not! Its pure challenge of gold farm (or bank card) and ridiculously small ammount of RNG for a precursor drop. And I welcome incoming changes in the expansion with crafting precursor.
You would be surprised how many players would enjoy challenging endgame dungeons with unique mechanics (not exploitable) which would eventually lead to more diversity of playstyle in pve content. Im thinking ‘bout dungeons which would merely be possible to complete by small amount of coordinated players.
Ofc those dungeons should have some nice looking unique skins that would “tell” to other players —-> "I’ve completed it!" (even some titles!)

I just checked out all the meta build for dungeons. Result – All builds except mesmers and eng has full berserker (who runs engi and mesmers anyway o.O). If you think that game like guild wars 2, which goal is to become one of the best mmorpgs out there, should have only 1 meta build for almost EVERY profession in the game then then you dont realize how importaint it is for the game to evolve. At this very moment (and it was since I know) GW2 is corrupted by meta zerk gameplay.
On the other hand – I wouldnt have anything against it if we (classic mmo players) have other end game challenges with wide range of equipment requierment and trait builds.

Summa summarum – Keep the dungeons and meta zerk the way that it is for ever if you like (its there only for gold farm anyway), but give us something more, new challenging dungeons with unique rewards worth our effort.

(edited by kamix.4713)

GW2 potential

Kordash.2197

One : Berserker is not a build, it’s a gear stat.
Two : The meta is actually “How do i support my party in the best possible way without losing DPS ?”
Three : Challenging dungeons with unique rewards, i’m all for it.

Point one and two were the reason why i told you to inform yourself. If you are intersted by supporting, try to play guardian, great combination of blocks, reflects, and blind, that are the core of the support in this game. If you are looking to be healer, you can, but you won’t be effective for your party. And that’s not the game where you have dedicated healer, the core design is to avoid that. Period.

GW2 potential

Kordash.2197

And btw, each class have to change BUILD (not gear, i’m talking about traits and skills) several times in a dungeon if they really want to be effective against the different situations and encounters.

(edited by Kordash.2197)

GW2 potential

Kordash.2197

Oh and finally, about the mesmer thing :

Actually, the REAL speed runners use mesmers.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Torenn.2598

Torenn.2598

And btw, each class have to change BUILD (not gear, i’m talking about traits and skills) several times in a dungeon if they really want to be effective against the different situations and encounters.

I can see swapping skills, but constantly swapping traits as well just sounds tedious. I like at least a little permanence to my builds. This is actually a downfall to not having well-defined roles to me. Your mileage may vary.

GW2 potential

Kordash.2197

I can see swapping skills, but constantly swapping traits as well just sounds tedious. I like at least a little permanence to my builds. This is actually a downfall to not having well-defined roles to me. Your mileage may vary.

Like it or not, that’s actually how you can achieve the best time for dungeons runs. I don’t do it every run thought, depends if i want to train or not. But, actually, you can complete every content in this game with one single build if you want. Or switch. You have the choice, so telling there is no diversity is wrong since everything about this game and the meta is a matter of choices

GW2 potential

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Holy master Bingo with RNG gebus wrath of trinity wardens batman!

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

GW2 potential

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Dungeons that ends in 5min? When devs were designing the game there was no chance that they were having this thing in mind! “LFG – Zerk only link items” o.O
People will always use exploit and the game mechanics to optimize time effort and final result.
We need diversity! Make some new dungeons with some new boss mechanics in which you’ll need guardian support build, condi necros etc…. We need to change this order of zerkers. If you want to become the best mmorpg out there you need to have more different builds that optimizes in different situations. Give us some old WoW grinding Dungeons with unique skins, weapons that are worth our efforts with nice AP addition. If you can make every couple of weeks a new edition to a living story I think you can make 1 hard dungeon per 5-6 months (optimal time to complete it). If needed make them 5+ players dungeons (10 max). I think there were tons of players that joined this game that were in to this kind of dungeon grinding (and not todayslike) and left after they realized that there is no such content in this game.

TBH, I’d like something like this as well, actual skins that could drop off specific bosses, for example, and updating of new dungeon paths and things like that.

Thing is, they did try this, they replaced one of the paths on twilight arbor explorable with the aetherblade path… and TBH it’s one of my favorite dungeons in the game so far. Bosses that need some strategy to them so you can’t just zerg them to dead, several puzzles that people actually had to figure out and an exclusive set of weapon skins that only drop there…

And what was the result?… it’s the least played dungeon path, personally once the achievements were over I’ve very rarely seen it in LFG, and only done it as part of guild runs… so, from their points of view… does it really make sense to divert so many resources to make something that experience has shown them most people don’t really want?.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Capitol City.4856

Capitol City.4856

One : Berserker is not a build, it’s a gear stat.

Attachments:

GW2 potential

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

People will always use exploit and the game mechanics to optimize time effort and final result.
We need diversity! Make some new dungeons with some new boss mechanics in which you’ll need guardian support build, condi necros etc…. We need to change this order of zerkers. If you want to become the best mmorpg out there you need to have more different builds that optimizes in different situations. Give us some old WoW grinding Dungeons with unique skins, weapons that are worth our efforts with nice AP addition. If you can make every couple of weeks a new edition to a living story I think you can make 1 hard dungeon per 5-6 months (optimal time to complete it). If needed make them 5+ players dungeons (10 max). I think there were tons of players that joined this game that were in to this kind of dungeon grinding (and not todayslike) and left after they realized that there is no such content in this game.

TBH, I’d like something like this as well, actual skins that could drop off specific bosses, for example, and updating of new dungeon paths and things like that.

Thing is, they did try this, they replaced one of the paths on twilight arbor explorable with the aetherblade path… and TBH it’s one of my favorite dungeons in the game so far. Bosses that need some strategy to them so you can’t just zerg them to dead, several puzzles that people actually had to figure out and an exclusive set of weapon skins that only drop there…

And what was the result?… it’s the least played dungeon path, personally once the achievements were over I’ve very rarely seen it in LFG, and only done it as part of guild runs… so, from their points of view… does it really make sense to divert so many resources to make something that experience has shown them most people don’t really want?.

It’s sad, because that’s the one dungeon that really hits home on the whole “If you’re not good enough for the risk:speed from Berserker, run a tankier set to make it possible.” Where the concept actually having a support/healer during one of the bosses (through consistently ticking damage) would be at its best. And rather than lauding it as a step in the right direction, everyone just ignores it because the ‘zerker meta as an average whole can’t actually do it consistently (It’s the only dungeon I’ve ever had issues running with random PUGs).

Of course, it’s partially because the people doing these complaints never really have touched on most of the content, and the ones that have don’t really respect what’s in the game already. The meta is always going to be the most efficient thing, and in most cases it’s not so much about the concept of having this “one build to rule them all” is the problem, but the fact that it’s not their one build to rule them all.

GW2 potential

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

We need diversity! Make some new dungeons with some new boss mechanics in which you’ll need guardian support build, condi necros etc….

Sorry but that goes against gw2 design. Oh and meta guardian build has 5/6 points in support line.

(edited by TheRandomGuy.7246)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

(who runs engi and mesmers anyway o.O).

hnnnng distortion hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I felt that one

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

There does need to be more to do at end game, which will partially be addressed with HoT in terms of Legendary Quests and getting T6 mats as map rewards, meaning that all content will be of worth and grinding out hearts to get map completion will be rewarding beyond Gifts of Exploration.

What I would love to see is the Season 1 LS events as Fractals, but as single-instance Fractals so that they can be played through in order or played as single events as often as groups like. This would give players like myself who never got to experience Season 1 the chance to do so, give players who did the chance to relive it, and give something additional to do at 80.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

I agree we need a build saver and we need leagues. I don’t do many dungeons, so I have not comment.

Yea, a ‘Build Saver/Loader’, something that Guild Wars 1 definitely had right that Guild Wars 2 does not. The ‘Build Saver/Loader’ in Guild Wars 1 was golden because not only was it used to save and load builds, it was also used to paste URLs in to share outside information, videos, etc. more easily.

You should really bring that ‘Build Saver/Loader’ back, Anet.

EDIT: Oh, and bring the PvP Gear Saver/Loader back, too, while you’re at it, please.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Eidolonemesis.5640

Eidolonemesis.5640

(who runs engi and mesmers anyway o.O).

hnnnng distortion hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I felt that one

Pros run Engineers. Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUuC1Em2wxg (YouTube keywords: Guild Wars 2 Engineer WvW PvP (Yishis) Outnumbered)

As for Mesmers, well, some players play them, too, yet they are personally not a favorite of mine.

(edited by Eidolonemesis.5640)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Pomdepin.7068

Pomdepin.7068

Hey !

Concerning the system to save traits, I entirely agree, I’d like to see something similar to save you gear + weapons + traits by the way, it would be soooo convenient to switch between PvE/World Boss/WvW. I personally don’t have any issue with the graphics, your configuration or internet connexion might be a possible problem…

Then concerning the Zerker meta, I agree, and even if I like to get 10g very easily with dungeons, I have to say that the stacking strategy is really a fun-killer… What’s the point of attracting a boss in a small area and bashing him by spamming your skills ? Just ask yourself : would you do it if you had no gold at the end ? Probably not, so it’s certainly not for the fun it brings. But I have great expectations about what HoT will bring. We’ve seen interesting stuff, like the raw-damage resistance of certain types of mordrems against which conditions are more effective. The same principle could be applied to dungeons to avoid the “only zerk” meta. Also I’d like to see more strategical fights, like we’ve seen a bit with the vinewrath and its champions (open flowers, don’t kill other minions, break a bubble at the right time, etc). AoE damage are also great against packs. Hopefully we’ll see more of these mechanics in HoT, cause admit the only-zerker-pack is ridiculous and not funny !

(edited by Pomdepin.7068)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Michal.4513

Michal.4513

1st its not to have one “build”, and second… game itself dont force only Berserk, its players way to + / – that force others to play only berserk., but yea its all by Anet for not doing anything about that. And yeah 80 in lfg is Ele/guard/Thief bers meta/exp/+10ap bullkitten xd

“Balance by Anet 2015”
ps: im Mesmer main player (got Ele and Thief also)

GW2 potential

kamix.4713

Your point reflects my suggestion ’bout trait save system. We need to have this implemented asap!

1st its not to have one “build”, and second… game itself dont force only Berserk, its players way to + / – that force others to play only berserk., but yea its all by Anet for not doing anything about that. And yeah 80 in lfg is Ele/guard/Thief bers meta/exp/+10ap bullkitten xd

“Balance by Anet 2015”
ps: im Mesmer main player (got Ele and Thief also)

I couldnt agree more. I completely understand why people go full zerk – Optimization of time and output. And as well – Anet has done absolutely nothing in preventing zerk domination.

It is indeed a nice dungeon, I couldnt agree more. I enjoyed it myself first time when I entered it I felt so happy!! But where did Anet go wrong with it?
Here is a nice review on reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2j3d2f/aetherpath_what_the_kitten/

Biggest problem – Rewards are crap! Besides 2g and couple of AP – you literally dont get anything!

To have this kind of dungeon you need a bigger rewards for it! If you make a dungeon that takes 4 freaking hours to complete at least give us some freaking reward for it!
Besides low rewards, people dont play it ’cos most of them either completed AP or simply dont want to waste alot of time for completing additional achivement part for nothing…
Suggestion – Unique skin drops! (similar to ascended armor drop on Triple trouble)

(edited by kamix.4713)

GW2 potential

Posted by: Minandreas.7853

Minandreas.7853

Didn’t read over everything but I have to say for the love of god yes to a trait loadout system. I adore that my PvP setup is saved separately from my PvE. But we really desperately need to be able to save trait and skill setups somewhere to swap between conveniently. The build I run WvW is far different from that which I run doing Silver Wastes, which is far different from that which I run while harvesting mats in lower level zones, etc. And that’s not taking in to account simply enjoying switching it up. Wanting to play DD instead of SF just because.

I seriously want a button to press to swap between loadouts.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Kedarrian.2905

Kedarrian.2905

Didn’t read over everything but I have to say for the love of god yes to a trait loadout system. I adore that my PvP setup is saved separately from my PvE. But we really desperately need to be able to save trait and skill setups somewhere to swap between conveniently. The build I run WvW is far different from that which I run doing Silver Wastes, which is far different from that which I run while harvesting mats in lower level zones, etc. And that’s not taking in to account simply enjoying switching it up. Wanting to play DD instead of SF just because.

I seriously want a button to press to swap between loadouts.

This is one of the most requested features and rightly so.

GW2 potential

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No OP. Just no.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

GW2 potential

kamix.4713

No OP. Just no.

Your post is more or less worthless due to lack of arguments…