Gambling Wars 2?

Gambling Wars 2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

With the recent changes to the game, which only aggravated the issue of “rewarding experience”. As I logged for the Halloween patch and read the patch notes, only one thing was clear to me.
Moment of clarity #showerthouths is anet/ncsoft only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s” so ppl would have a reason to play? I mean they must know there’s no content worth playing anymore so having us grind like mindless drones would retain interest in the game!?
So with that approach A. ppl will spend real money on gambling chests or raffle tickets or B. Ppl will farm like mindless zombies leaving them no time to think if they are working or having fun anymore.
Either way this publisher gets their cut, sad really what is for so many of us a game with great potential is just another tit from the big cow they milk.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

You dont’ have to gamble. You can just buy it from the trading post.

I think the problem is it is just too expensive that some people felt it is unobtainable.

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

I think the problem is it is just too expensive that some people felt it is unobtainable.

Well the problem is there is no content to earn the gold. Note I said content not mindless zerging or dungeon spamming both of which is not why I play the game.
Is it too much to ask to have fresh and fun content that you can earn gold from?
This whole gems conversion issue makes it clear this game is just being milked for as long as it will last.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well the problem is there is no content to earn the gold. Note I said content not mindless zerging or dungeon spamming both of which is not why I play the game.
Is it too much to ask to have fresh and fun content that you can earn gold from?
This whole gems conversion issue makes it clear this game is just being milked for as long as it will last.

The Labyrinth available right now is a rather good way to get rather much money and it is rather fresh and fun.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Incorrect, they are too expensive now, the Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin is a perfect example of this, it used to sit around 200-400g, then anet said they would not be coming back or obtainable again, then suddenly they are 4000g,

Now they decided to put them into an RnG Lottery where I can bet someone will be screwed hard, the most Ironic thing about it is, they started a topic about RnG then put an RnG lottery into the game, and once its in ITS IN, expect to see this repeated at Xmas.

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

The Labyrinth available right now is a rather good way to get rather much money and it is rather fresh and fun.

The labirinth? Where you run around with a Zerg to melt mobs that spawn from doors then rinse and repeat. Well we already have that all over the game, eg.: wvw, eom, cursedshores, world bosses aand so on. That’s is not even close to fresh my friend I’m afraid you have been zombified by anet.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Moment of clarity #showerthouths is anet/ncsoft only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s” so ppl would have a reason to play? I mean they must know there’s no content worth playing anymore so having us grind like mindless drones would retain interest in the game!?

You do realize none of the actually new skins an items are in the raffle? All the raffle skins are old halloween skins, and the raffle acts as a controlled new injection of supply of those skins to the market, to make them somewhat more available, but not destroying their value.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

You do realize none of the actually new skins an items are in the raffle? All the raffle skins are old halloween skins, and the raffle acts as a controlled new injection of supply of those skins to the market, to make them somewhat more available, but not destroying their value.

Yep I do realize that. However my point still is that this being a casual mmo in which end game = play dress up, ignoring the broken reward system and flooding the game with gem shop items which many are behind a gambling chest is jst a bad joke, it’s beyond money grab at this point. Yet they do not seem to care about player input if it affects their bottom line.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

New content to earn gold. That would result in new contend to grind. How about content that directly rewards those things or at least has a drop change in it. Then it would be fun content with a nice way of rewarding.

Gambling Wars 2?

Devata.6589

It’s just mindlessly grinding gold. There might be worse mindless grinds in this game but in the end it’s not more as that.

Had put in a scavenger hunt to earn a skin maybe even only being able to select one and it would be account bound giving you next year a change for a second skin.

Or had put in the Dungeon from first year and have it as a rare drop. That would all have been more fun.

It’s really strange that Anet talked so much about how they wanted to make a game that was mainly fun and not just a grind as many other games but it turned into the most grindy mmo I personally have ever played and earning most rewards is done by grinding gold (or another currency) and buying it. What are not fun ways of obtaining those rewards.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Gambling Wars 2?

laokoko.7403

It’s really strange that Anet talked so much about how they wanted to make a game that was mainly fun and not just a grind as many other games but it turned into the most grindy mmo I personally have ever played

If you don’t farm those skins, it’s probably the most casual mmorpg ever.

But if you want those skins… I kind of agree with you.

I think in the end, many people are willing to do things they don’t enjoy just to get to the fun part(which is wearing a pretty kin).

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

It is gambling. Make no mistake about that. I’m just waiting to read the news here in a few weeks about a class action lawsuit hitting ANet over it, because i’m pretty sure its illegal somewhere, if there isn’t a “Better Business Bureau” somewhere that will raise a fuss over it.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Gambling Wars 2?

Devata.6589

@laokoko
Well the game is based around skins so…

@slamfunction
Yeah it is likely illegal in most countries however it happens in a lot of games and because it’s packed like this it’s not yes seen as gambling. However I am sure that if there every would be a lawsuit against this (in countries where it is illegal or where you need a special license for it) sort of things they would lose it and it would mean a huge change for the F2P market. But thats in a general sense, not specific to GW2.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Rhiannon.7105

Rhiannon.7105

class action lawsuit

Better Business Bureau

I’m not sure you know what those terms mean, and I’m not even going to bother to explain what’s wrong with this post.

Mark Twain:

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The labirinth? Where you run around with a Zerg to melt mobs that spawn from doors then rinse and repeat. Well we already have that all over the game, eg.: wvw, eom, cursedshores, world bosses aand so on. That’s is not even close to fresh my friend I’m afraid you have been zombified by anet.

Welcome to Guild wars 2 lol, thats basically what the whole game is and will ever be.

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

Welcome to Guild wars 2 lol, thats basically what the whole game is and will ever be.

Well I’ve already stopped spending real money on gems a few months back, then started only logging for some pvp/wvw/dailies, now I can barely complete my dailies. See the trend? Accepting failure is now the answer we have to act aka vote with our wallet or jst quit the game. I wish Ithat I wasn’t so passionate about gw2 because I feel like I’m in a hopeless fight.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

It’s just mindlessly grinding gold. There might be worse mindless grinds in this game but in the end it’s not more as that.

Had put in a scavenger hunt to earn a skin maybe even only being able to select one and it would be account bound giving you next year a change for a second skin.

Or had put in the Dungeon from first year and have it as a rare drop. That would all have been more fun.

It’s really strange that Anet talked so much about how they wanted to make a game that was mainly fun and not just a grind as many other games but it turned into the most grindy mmo I personally have ever played and earning most rewards is done by grinding gold (or another currency) and buying it. What are not fun ways of warning those rewards.

Amen.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

It’s not illegal because you never get anything out of it.

I don’t just mean money, you never get anything at all.

All those skins and minis and costumes are owned by ANet. They aren’t yours to keep.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

i wonder what kind of games you guys played before where you can get the most wanted skins/armor/weapon with freash and fun non grinding content..

because all games i played were in the end the same , you reach max lvl and you farm that one dungeon hundert times to get that skin/armor/weapon drop you want

or you farm /grind money in all possibel way to buy that skin/armor/weapon you want

ps: how is that one meme ?…“if everybody got the ghastly halloween shield , then nobody got the ghastly halloween shield!” , i think thats preatty accurate

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

First example that i can think of is Aion Deavanion lv60 quest. Grindy+quest+time but no RNG, at least not like in gw2. You could spend 100+hours to get that armor [with a nice skin], but every minute took you closer to get it.
Here you can spend 2k+hours and get..nothing.

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

First example that i can think of is Aion Deavanion lv60 quest. Grindy+quest+time but no RNG, at least not like in gw2. You could spend 100+hours to get that armor [with a nice skin], but every minute took you closer to get it.
Here you can spend 2k+hours and get..nothing.

Exactly my thought! grind is fine as long as its for a reason and end goal. GW2 grind is the worst in any game ive played Ihave 2k hrs played and no precursor not even a crappy one!

Gambling Wars 2?

laokoko.7403

i wonder what kind of games you guys played before where you can get the most wanted skins/armor/weapon with freash and fun non grinding content..

because all games i played were in the end the same , you reach max lvl and you farm that one dungeon hundert times to get that skin/armor/weapon drop you want

I think that’s greatly exaggerated a bit. I think a few of them have drop rates at like 20%. So you actually do the same dungeon 5 times. And you get the items already.

Some raids have a cooldown timer of a week. So even if you play a whole year, you can only do it 48 times.

But seriously many people seemed to treat GW2’s endgame as getting skins. If you don’t play that way. You are pretty grind free.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

What GW2 needs is elite areas like GW1 had.

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

And so on. These areas can be rewarding and fun.

But that takes quite a lot of effort. So lets revamp how people purchase gems to make it more profitable for us.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I’m sorry, but I don’t quite get this yet. You get a not-so-rare item from ToT bags, the candy wrapper, that you can hand in for a chance at one of a small number of rare skins. More candy wrappers -> more chances. People that only pick up ToT bags casually probably have a smaller chance than those who farm bags or gold to buy up bags on the TP, or those who actually feel like buying candy from the gem store. The more time, gold and/or gems you invest, the greater your chances, but it’s still a chance.

If you changed this to a (rare) chance as a dungeon drop, people would be forced to run the dungeon for their chance. This would tilt the chances in favor of those who enjoy and/or are willing to grind dungeons, leaving out those who just aren’t into that kind of content. This would likely lower the amount of “competition” for those skins, as not everyone runs dungeons and they wouldn’t be able to buy their chances with gold on the TP or earn them through a pvp reward track, like they do now. It would probably increase your chances, since you seem to be interested in dungeons, but at the expense of a lot of people who do not care for them.

A scavenger hunt might be a valid alternative, if not for the fact that ANet obviously tried to keep the supply of new 2012 skins limited. A scavenger hunt potentially gives a chance to aquire the skin to every account in game, thus moving the skins from rare (and to some people prestigeous) to ordinary, which clearly is not what ANet intended.

So you either want the skins devalued by making it available to everyone, or the chances to get them skewed in your favor by tying them to a much less inclusive activity (dungeons) than they are tied to now (ToT bags that can be aquired through a vast variety of activities). Why not just look for the most fun (to you) way to aquire ToT bags instead and leave other people to use other avenues to get theirs?

It’s a holiday for everyone, with some rare loot that every playstyle has a chance of winning, why do you think either cutting a lot of people’s chances by restricting chances to a certain playstyle or else devaluing the rareness of the skins is the better alternative?

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

depends on each… man.
I chose not to gamble / participate in guild lottery (precursor reward) / use the mystic forge for random things (precursor again) and so on.
I am sure I have only to lose in terms of in-game gold.
But I’m happy cutting trees and harvesting iron.

I manage about 2-3g / day, but I am happy with myself and I will stick to my principles.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

depends on each… man.
I chose not to gamble / participate in guild lottery (precursor reward) / use the mystic forge for random things (precursor again) and so on.
I am sure I have only to lose in terms of in-game gold.
But I’m happy cutting trees and harvesting iron.

I manage about 2-3g / day, but I am happy with myself and I will stick to my principles.

And may I sincerely say good for you. Its nice to see people give a point of view on the forums without pointing fingers and getting all holier-than-thou. Or narky.

The tone of your post didn’t indicate that, anyway

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

gesss a moment of clarity that seems to be lacking clarity.
No arenanet most definitely are not “only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s””

In fact this release was probably the worst one you could choose to make that statement because we got tons of stuff you can earn directly with no gambling:

Mask of the night
gloves / gauntlet / Armwraps of madness
Hexed Outfit
Mini Zuzu
Mini Candy-Corn Elemental
Mini Ghost Carlotta
Mini Bloody Prince Thorn
Mini Candy Corn Ghoulemental
Recipe: Batwing Brew
Recipe: Plastic Spider Tonic
Recipe :Candy Corn Tonic
Recipe: Mummy Tonic
Recipe: Concentrated Halloween Tonic
Halloween Pail
Recipe: Candy Corn Custard
Recipe: Strawberry Ghost
Recipe: Candy Corn Almond Brittle
Recipe: Glazed Pear Tart
Recipe: Glazed Peach Tart
Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Cookie
Recipe: Maize Balm
Recipe: Pumpkin Oil
Recipe: Crystallized Nougat
Recipe: Sharpening Skull

All the above can be acquired with 0 gambling involved.
how is this statement “only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s”” anywhere close to true?

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

But that takes quite a lot of effort. So lets revamp how people purchase gems to make it more profitable for us.

. . . okay, so we need elite areas for the potential rewarding feeling, and fun. I don’t know about you but I had less fun doing most of those. (Foundry of Failed Creations can go straight to …). And I never really found any of them “rewarding” in a sense where it was important I do them. Obsidian Armor, the big draw of the two ‘realms of the gods’, was terribly ugly for my ranger. Most everything else which dropped didn’t appear all that neat to make me want to spend time doing them over and over again.

You know what the real reward I was after for actually doing that list? Hall of Monument statues and that was it. Anything else was possible to get elsewhere, or to just grind out plat and buy it. (Which was, also, ridiculously easy in a few ways.)

I will agree on one thing – I would like to see (I hesitate to say it as “we need”) more challenging content for either open world, or moderate-sized groups. Without the must have carrots to draw people into it . . . I hate that crap.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Gambling Wars 2?

Devata.6589

or you farm /grind money in all possibel way to buy that skin/armor/weapon you want

ps: how is that one meme ?…“if everybody got the ghastly halloween shield , then nobody got the ghastly halloween shield!” , i think thats preatty accurate

Personally I enjoy farming a dungeon or a mob or doing a quest and so on for a reward much more then grinding gold. Because when farming I work directly towards that item and every time I do it there is the thrill that it might drop (if it’s an rng drop) or you know you get it for completing that quest. Also it send you all over the world doing specific content for specific rewards.

In GW2 is all about currency. So it’s grinding some content seeing some number very slowly going up (to slowely, but thats the point because they want you to buy gold or the items with cash) and then you buy it and start over for the next item. While there are multiple ways to grind the gold there is always one most profitable and so doing other content feels like you are doing yourself a disfavor because it takes longer. To me that approach feels like a job while the first feels more like playing an mmo.

About your meme, well Anet did not mind making last years skins available again.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

gesss a moment of clarity that seems to be lacking clarity.
No arenanet most definitely are not “only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s””

In fact this release was probably the worst one you could choose to make that statement because we got tons of stuff you can earn directly with no gambling:

Mask of the night
gloves / gauntlet / Armwraps of madness
Hexed Outfit
Mini Zuzu
Mini Candy-Corn Elemental
Mini Ghost Carlotta
Mini Bloody Prince Thorn
Mini Candy Corn Ghoulemental
Recipe: Batwing Brew
Recipe: Plastic Spider Tonic
Recipe :Candy Corn Tonic
Recipe: Mummy Tonic
Recipe: Concentrated Halloween Tonic
Halloween Pail
Recipe: Candy Corn Custard
Recipe: Strawberry Ghost
Recipe: Candy Corn Almond Brittle
Recipe: Glazed Pear Tart
Recipe: Glazed Peach Tart
Recipe: Spicy Pumpkin Cookie
Recipe: Maize Balm
Recipe: Pumpkin Oil
Recipe: Crystallized Nougat
Recipe: Sharpening Skull

All the above can be acquired with 0 gambling involved.
how is this statement “only releasing new items and skins behind gambling chest And “raffle’s”” anywhere close to true?

Well the fact that they gave us the chance to get a couple mini’s (useless for me at least. ) and bunch of recipes (should we go there?), tonics lol?! and a clown outfit does not discount that any new content released has been gated behind gem purchases at the end of the day. The latest raffle BS is a whole new level of poor rewarding experience. Can we get reward revamps where we EARN through playing the game? They teased us with mawdrey why cant we have more of that?

Gambling Wars 2?

Galen Grey.4709

right you dont like anything out of a list of 26 items so that means none of those items exist in this reality anymore hence why you said Arenanet released no Items you can earn. Can you please start disliking wars, famines, deceases and other nasty things? you’d do humany a great service if you start disliking those nasty things so they stop existing as well!

what content has been gated behind gem purchases exactly?

As for stuff like Mawdrey while not released this halloween you can still craft The crossing, Arachnophobia or The mad moon.

Gambling Wars 2?

Devata.6589

right you dont like anything out of a list of 26 items so that means none of those items exist in this reality anymore hence why you said Arenanet released no Items you can earn. Can you please start disliking wars, famines, deceases and other nasty things? you’d do humany a great service if you start disliking those nasty things so they stop existing as well!

As for stuff like Mawdrey while not released this halloween you can still craft The crossing, Arachnophobia or The mad moon.

What I said is that most is locked behind a currency grind and that is true for 90% of what you summed up there. It’s not even necessary to only be available in the cash-shop as long as it is linked behind a long currency because that gives more reason to convert gems to gold. (Or look at the Halloween skins from 2012 you can now grind the currency or buy the currency for cash in order to maybe win them).

But overall it’s true that the festivals and mainly Halloween and Wintersday (and SAB) had more stuff (compared to other patches) available in-game. That are also some of the best patches imho so maybe just maybe there is a correlation?

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

No it’s not. I played it for two hours last night and earned a grand total of 50 silver. It’s an awful way to earn money.

That said, I do enjoy the game, but when you get stuck on a map with only about a dozen people playing the Labyrinth, it’s very hard to make meaningful gameplay. It’s a group of people wandering around the area for 20 minutes either hoping not to die, or hoping to miraculously find someone who isn’t already dead.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Gambling Wars 2?

lordkrall.7241

No it’s not. I played it for two hours last night and earned a grand total of 50 silver. It’s an awful way to earn money.

I am assuming you didn’t actually sell any drops then but rather just opened/threw them away/banked them?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

I am assuming you didn’t actually sell any drops then but rather just opened/threw them away/banked them?

When you talk about “The Labyrnith”, what are you talking about? The actual game mode, or just running around it and farming mobs? Because the latter way, the OP blatantly said zerging isn’t a “fun” way to earn money for them. And it certainly isn’t fresh…

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

We already have that. It’s called FOTM lvl 50

Are you Shpongled?

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

People here are talking about rewarding content. FOTM doesn’t count but you knew that if you actually tried it :/

Gambling Wars 2?

IPhyton.2348

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

People here are talking about rewarding content. FOTM doesn’t count but you knew that if you actually tried it :/

Great point! Besides, fotm is the very definition of bad reward system. Challenging content that will last around 45min when pugging to end with a cool skin “rarely” and then pray it’s not one you have, but wait that’s best case scenario. You can also get ascended gear ohhhh too bad the stats on them are trash since anything but zerker is trash in this game’s pve system, so but count on it not being zerker, and it’s a rare chance at a bad ascended box. There’s alsways the ascd rings that are more common but guess what they r also mostly trash for the same zerker meta issue. Finally in some runs after all that work you are rewarded with, wait for it… NOTHING. So ya to mention fotm as rewarding content completely discredits anything in that post.

(edited by IPhyton.2348)

Gambling Wars 2?

Galen Grey.4709

What I said is that most is locked behind a currency grind and that is true for 90% of what you summed up there. It’s not even necessary to only be available in the cash-shop as long as it is linked behind a long currency because that gives more reason to convert gems to gold. (Or look at the Halloween skins from 2012 you can now grind the currency or buy the currency for cash in order to maybe win them).

But overall it’s true that the festivals and mainly Halloween and Wintersday (and SAB) had more stuff (compared to other patches) available in-game. That are also some of the best patches imho so maybe just maybe there is a correlation?

I am not sure why you hate currencies so much. Currency is merely a token that enables trading one thing for another. Back in the good old days before currency was invented people went with direct trading. I have this nifty shirt and will trade one of your chickens for it which was okey until the chicken person went, sorry I already have a shirt what I need is a wheel for my cart and the village tailor died of hunger because the only person with food didnt need anything out of the tailor. Biggest tragedy of them all is the carpenter actually needed a shirt but what reason did the farmer have to trade his chicken for a shirt and then trade the shirt to the carpenter. Its all just messy. At the end of the day there were two options. either the tailor, carpenter and farmer did it all themselves or else invent the awesome concept of currency.

They cleverly chose currency. The Tailor kept doing what he likes doing and what he is good at. He now no longer needs to pray the farmer would need a new shirt every couple of days if he didnt want to starve. now he can pay the farmer with the currency he got selling the shirt to the carpenter and others… etc.. etc…

Nice story and all but back on subject. If your nifty cat of darkness costs 12 candy corn cobs its because Anet in their wisdom decided they want people to take 4 days of gameplay give or take to earn the little rascal. (4 days because from I experiance you can earn about 3 of the sugary things every day on average) If instead of selling the little fluffy furball they decided to have it drop from say the mad king’s clock tower they’d have to introduce rng and set odds such that on average one would have the little ball of darkness drop after 4 days. Why would that be bad?

1. Some people don’t like jumping puzzles so you’re forcing them to grind content they hate.

2. some have a hard time finishing it while other still can do it each and every time. People who have a had time will never be able to earn one because naturally to keep with the 4 day or so time line they need to balance the drop rate with the people who rarely fail. If you can say do 10 runs an hour, people play an average of 4 hrs per day, 4 days worth of clock tower would be 160 runs. You wouldn’t go with the 160 obviously but even a 1% chance drop rate to have the thing drop every 100 run or so would be unreachable for most of the player base

3. Some people might enjoy other parts of the halloween event other then clock tower yet since they just cant live out without their their personal milk annihilator they;re going to loose the content they enjoy as they’re force to play what they actually dislike.

Currency solves all of these issues. Play the content you feel like playing and you’re getting close and closer to the cute little ball of darkness.

Like I said taking shortcuts is a personal choice. I wanted one the lovable little halloween horrors for myself as well. I didnt have to do anything, could have bought one outright from TP. Or better yet sell all the ToT bags and buy it after the first two days. Yet I personally believe whats important most is having fun playing the game so thats what I did and the RNG gods actually smiled on me this last saturday and now the scary named bag of love has been following me everywhere and Its been an awesome experience every second of it. Had it not dropped by the last day I would have surely outright bought it off TP dont get me wrong but by then it wouldnt have mattered anyway because I’d still had my fun enjoying the content hoping for Zuzu to drop.

Now if only I could get gyjwnmteujei8 or whatever he’s called

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

You’re right. Let me roll a Fractal scale 50 and get another useless ring I will never need.
And maybe, just maybe when I reach 100 000 fractal runs I’ll finally receive my Fractal Sword I’ve been trying to get since 2012 November.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I am not sure why you hate currencies so much. Currency is merely a token that enables trading one thing for another. Back in the good old days before currency was invented people went with direct trading. I have this nifty shirt and will trade one of your chickens for it which was okey until the chicken person went, sorry I already have a shirt what I need is a wheel for my cart and the village tailor died of hunger because the only person with food didnt need anything out of the tailor. Biggest tragedy of them all is the carpenter actually needed a shirt but what reason did the farmer have to trade his chicken for a shirt and then trade the shirt to the carpenter. Its all just messy. At the end of the day there were two options. either the tailor, carpenter and farmer did it all themselves or else invent the awesome concept of currency.

They cleverly chose currency. The Tailor kept doing what he likes doing and what he is good at. He now no longer needs to pray the farmer would need a new shirt every couple of days if he didnt want to starve. now he can pay the farmer with the currency he got selling the shirt to the carpenter and others… etc.. etc…

Nice story and all but back on subject. If your nifty cat of darkness costs 12 candy corn cobs its because Anet in their wisdom decided they want people to take 4 days of gameplay give or take to earn the little rascal. (4 days because from I experiance you can earn about 3 of the sugary things every day on average) If instead of selling the little fluffy furball they decided to have it drop from say the mad king’s clock tower they’d have to introduce rng and set odds such that on average one would have the little ball of darkness drop after 4 days. Why would that be bad?

1. Some people don’t like jumping puzzles so you’re forcing them to grind content they hate.

2. some have a hard time finishing it while other still can do it each and every time. People who have a had time will never be able to earn one because naturally to keep with the 4 day or so time line they need to balance the drop rate with the people who rarely fail. If you can say do 10 runs an hour, people play an average of 4 hrs per day, 4 days worth of clock tower would be 160 runs. You wouldn’t go with the 160 obviously but even a 1% chance drop rate to have the thing drop every 100 run or so would be unreachable for most of the player base

3. Some people might enjoy other parts of the halloween event other then clock tower yet since they just cant live out without their their personal milk annihilator they;re going to loose the content they enjoy as they’re force to play what they actually dislike.

Currency solves all of these issues. Play the content you feel like playing and you’re getting close and closer to the cute little ball of darkness.

Like I said taking shortcuts is a personal choice. I wanted one the lovable little halloween horrors for myself as well. I didnt have to do anything, could have bought one outright from TP. Or better yet sell all the ToT bags and buy it after the first two days. Yet I personally believe whats important most is having fun playing the game so thats what I did and the RNG gods actually smiled on me this last saturday and now the scary named bag of love has been following me everywhere and Its been an awesome experience every second of it. Had it not dropped by the last day I would have surely outright bought it off TP dont get me wrong but by then it wouldnt have mattered anyway because I’d still had my fun enjoying the content hoping for Zuzu to drop.

Now if only I could get gyjwnmteujei8 or whatever he’s called

amassing currency by repetitive simple behaviors at a very low rate, is not considered to be enjoyable for most people. Or else people would be signing up to work in sweat shops.

Gambling Wars 2?

lordkrall.7241

amassing currency by repetitive simple behaviors at a very low rate, is not considered to be enjoyable for most people. Or else people would be signing up to work in sweat shops.

Which people quite clearly do

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Gambling Wars 2?

phys.7689

Underworld
Fissure of Woe
Realm of Anguish
The Deep
Urgoz’s Warren
Slavers Exile

. . . okay, so we need elite areas for the potential rewarding feeling, and fun. I don’t know about you but I had less fun doing most of those. (Foundry of Failed Creations can go straight to …). And I never really found any of them “rewarding” in a sense where it was important I do them. Obsidian Armor, the big draw of the two ‘realms of the gods’, was terribly ugly for my ranger. Most everything else which dropped didn’t appear all that neat to make me want to spend time doing them over and over again.

You know what the real reward I was after for actually doing that list? Hall of Monument statues and that was it. Anything else was possible to get elsewhere, or to just grind out plat and buy it. (Which was, also, ridiculously easy in a few ways.)

I will agree on one thing – I would like to see (I hesitate to say it as “we need”) more challenging content for either open world, or moderate-sized groups. Without the must have carrots to draw people into it . . . I hate that crap.

Sorry, i would rather struggle for years to beat a hard dungeon 20 times to get an item, than struggle for years killing non stop waves of too weak enemies for the the same reward.

One you can aim for, improve, learn and each time you succeed you make notable progress.
the other, well you can watch netflix while pressing buttons repeatedly i suppose, and hope one day your pressing of 1 wins you the day.

Gambling Wars 2?

phys.7689

Which people quite clearly does

thats interesting because its very sad.
Im sorry that our entertainment now incorporates the failures of our society as the main means of progress towards a goal.

Gambling Wars 2?

Galen Grey.4709

Even if you dont get lucky for anything to drop you can probably buy most of the things in just 2 weeks. How is that a very low rate?

I also heard mentioning people selling tot bags (Which I dont do) earn like 7g per hour, thats very much above the game average per hour has that very low?

And then you have the drops themselves. while earning the currency to buy stuff you want you may get it for free as well.

I am not sure which one of these compares with a sweat shop analogy to be honest

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

In gambling wars 1 everyone had a gaurenteed drop of all items. In gambling wars 1 the items all gave a ton of gold because they where just so darn good and people would pay anything at all in gambling wars 1. Oh the glory days of gambling wars 1.

Gambling Wars 2?

phys.7689

Even if you dont get lucky for anything to drop you can probably buy most of the things in just 2 weeks. How is that a very low rate?

I also heard mentioning people selling tot bags (Which I dont do) earn like 7g per hour, thats very much above the game average per hour has that very low?

And then you have the drops themselves. while earning the currency to buy stuff you want you may get it for free as well.

I am not sure which one of these compares with a sweat shop analogy to be honest

if i told you i would give you a drawing of your charachter(lets say i sell these for 60 bucks), but you have to click the microsoft button on your desktop and close the window for 3 hours a day for 2 weeks, to me that would be a pretty low rate.
essentially, that 42 hours of monotonus activity for a 60 dollar value. 1.42 dollars per hour.

you could do boring repetive task for 7 gold an hour, and get what you want for 290 gold in 2 weeks, or you can spend twenty one dollars worth of work (1-3 hours).
that is a low rate.

7 gold an hour is like 60 cents an hour.
that is sweat shop rates.

Gambling Wars 2?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Which people quite clearly do

Nobody wants to work in a sweat shop. It’s just some people are forced to do it, because they have no alternative. I’m pretty sure, they don’t consider it fun.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Gambling Wars 2?

Galen Grey.4709

if i told you i would give you a drawing of your charachter(lets say i sell these for 60 bucks), but you have to click the microsoft button on your desktop and close the window for 3 hours a day for 2 weeks, to me that would be a pretty low rate.
essentially, that 42 hours of monotonus activity for a 60 dollar value. 1.42 dollars per hour.

you could do boring repetive task for 7 gold an hour, and get what you want for 290 gold in 2 weeks, or you can spend twenty one dollars worth of work (1-3 hours).
that is a low rate.

7 gold an hour is like 60 cents an hour.
that is sweat shop rates.

Okey let me give you a different perspective on this. How would one know if they have a good wage or a really terrible wage? There is only one way really by comparing what others earn and what you earn together with the purchasing power your wage gives you. There are places in the world where $1 is actually a lot of money. According to wikipedia the lowest minimum wage in the world is in Uganda and it sits at 3c per hour. The $1.42 you mention as being extremely miserable would mean 47 hours of work over there. Everything is relative.

Then you have an element of currency conversion. $1 would convert to 1000s of their currency why is that? different currencies have different values.

$24 can buy me a lot of things in the real world like say 5 burger where as 140 candy corn cobs dont buy me a thing which naturally makes them less valueable.

More then that what exactly I am going to be doing these two weeks? playing the game which right now generally means earning candy corn so technically speaking I am still getting those things for free as i am doing what I will be doing regardless.

Also unless you farm mindlessly its far from monotonus. Plenty of people consider halloween their favorite holiday so pretty sure I am not the only one.

Gambling Wars 2?

lordkrall.7241

Nobody wants to work in a sweat shop. It’s just some people are forced to do it, because they have no alternative. I’m pretty sure, they don’t consider it fun.

Of course there are people that wants to do it as well. There are people for everything after all.

And to be fair much of this post could be applied to more or less any work. You are after all forced to get money in order to survive and so on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square