Game Updates: Balance, bug-fixing, polish, Sigils

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896042

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Does sigil of generosity now function as sigil of purity does and only proc when you have a condition on you, or can it proc with no condition on you and put it on CD?

Posted by: Phlakez.5817

Phlakez.5817

I just want to be sure…
Before patch there were two stats, one for power and one for Attackrating (including base dmg of the weapon), after this patch Attackrating is missing… if i change my legenday to a green weapon, i dont see any changes, except the few stats in power etc…
so is it true that anet forgot to integrate the weapon damage in this new system?
were is this stat now? if this stat is missing, we all lose about 1k AR… this is a huge damage loss… i can now wear a green weapon instead of my legendary or a ascended one?
Is this working as intended? instead of 9k dmg i now do 3k? I know crit damage was nerfed but normal hits also? :o this cant be true…
hopefully i get an officiel answer

Posted by: Shoshannah.4795

Shoshannah.4795

I can’t use the chat after the recent update. when I tried to whisper myself a code it says that I am offline, even though when I checked my online status it says I am online. I can’t use guild chat or any other chat as well.
Hope you can fix it thanks

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I can’t use the chat after the recent update. when I tried to whisper myself a code it says that I am offline, even though when I checked my online status it says I am online. I can’t use guild chat or any other chat as well.
Hope you can fix it thanks

There is a huge thread on that in the bug sub forums, it already has an Anet reply. They are in the process of trying to figure it out.

Posted by: Shoshannah.4795

Shoshannah.4795

Thanks for telling me this..

Posted by: Shamael.5187

Shamael.5187

Hello, i’ve just calculated the loss of critical damage due to the ferocity update.
I’m runing a full ascended berzerker gear on my thief, i was at 113% critical damage so , with adding base crit dmg : 263%. With the update, i am now at 221%.
We have been told that this update will lower berzerker’s damage by at maximum 10% whereas the 42% loss represents 14% of my total damage.
Why are you reducing this so much? Are you trying to make the game harder by lowering characters dps? We will just spend more time in dungeon and world boss farming, it won’t be harder.. It will just be more boring.
Don’t you think that adding real end-game content with true difficulty and rewards would keep us from leaving instead?
I believe this game has a great potential, but if you keep making it more and more casual (2 achievements for monthly?? why don’t you make several levels with better rewards each time?) and ignore old-time players you will loose what is becoming, thanks to the gemstore, a cash machine.

Please excuse my english but I don’t feel like foreign forums are being listened.

(edited by Shamael.5187)

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

Glad to see bug fixes coming they are super appreciated and the team deserves to feel proud. I can’t deny though that I am upset its been 5 months since the Wintersdays event and the back pieces from that patch still can’t be infused. Immediately having to recraft the same stats on a different item just to get a back that could be infused is an unfair position to be placed in when they cost 15 damask a pop as a cloth character. I’m the sucker who actually had to add the bug to the wiki so no one else would make the same mistake.

Posted by: ffletcher.3468

ffletcher.3468

I was looking forward to transferring my ascended GS between three alts who could use it. But when I went to install the second newly-permitted sigil I was warned that the weapon would become soul-bound. Will it? Was this intended? One hand gives and the other takes?

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

“sigil of intelligence” feels really clunky. We only get 9s after weapon swap for 3 attacks before it times out.
Should’ve buffed it w/o the 9s time limit.
If possible the cooldown could be moved to after the sigil proc is used to prevent abuse.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Please recalculate the new stats on Celestial gear.

This “Increased the stats provided from the celestial stat combination by 6.5% to compensate for the new ferocity changes” is not true at all for most pieces. Check ascended Infused rings for example.

43×1.065=45.795 NOT 44

Your math on Celestial Infused gear is really kittened up. :P

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

They should rebalance celestial items completely. They were balanced with magic find as a stat, and it got removed without any stat compensation on the items. Then they were barely viable because even if normal hits were weak, there were some good damaging crits now and then.
Now there are only weak hits. Those couple points they added to the items don’t help at all in the offensive compartment.
And that was evident just looking at the damage formula, but no, better nerf celestial to oblivion now and eventually do something later, assuming they’ll even do something.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Infused celestial items have 6% bonus, uninfused have 6,5%

Also ferocity and lore in haveing equal stats doesn t work

Anet should choose between ferocity OR having celestial with crit damage as primary.
Both will never work

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: MuchWaffle.2579

MuchWaffle.2579

Re-posting my thread here upon request from moderator.

Title: Celestial Ruined for 5 classes

Body: Celestial ferocity update effectively destroyed it’s appeal and effectiveness for 5 classes out of the 6. Critical damage has been reduced from 62%+ to 31%+, that’s isn’t just bigger hit than any of the Zerk nerfs got-it’s a utter train wreck of a nerf(50% reduction) .

Extreme patience* was rewarded with mediocre stats with respectable dps if you traited+food around precision. Now extreme patience is punished with mediocrity across the board, everyone except for eles can better achieve their goals by mixing other equipment to achieve better results for less time, money, and effort.

For the sake of build diversity and fairness, please give us back our dps.

*Prior to ascended equips celestial equips were the only equips in the game that had a time-gate(32 days in total, insignias+unique material account bound) on making the necessary materials for the armor and weapons. Ascended celestial insignias follow the same rules.

Guild: Winds Of Change[Wind]
Server: BlackGate
Lvl 80 Classes: Ranger, Warrior, Guardian, Engineer, Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I just want to be sure…
Before patch there were two stats, one for power and one for Attackrating (including base dmg of the weapon), after this patch Attackrating is missing… if i change my legenday to a green weapon, i dont see any changes, except the few stats in power etc…
so is it true that anet forgot to integrate the weapon damage in this new system?
were is this stat now? if this stat is missing, we all lose about 1k AR… this is a huge damage loss… i can now wear a green weapon instead of my legendary or a ascended one?
Is this working as intended? instead of 9k dmg i now do 3k? I know crit damage was nerfed but normal hits also? :o this cant be true…

I want to know the same thing.
Edit: Sorry for duplicating this post, read that detail after quoting.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Caligari.2641

Caligari.2641

An impressive amount of work has been done here, and the whole team should be proud. I’m sure the problems will be sorted. Excellent stuff.

Caligari
—————
Still waiting for the absolute destiny apocalypse

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

A lot of Mesmer bugs. See here for many of them.

Love the wardrobe system, though it’s taking some getting used to.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

The ferocity change is outrageous. I feel like the “10% dps loss overall” wasn’t properly explained. No one expected to lose over 30% crit damage, if they did people wouldn’t have remained quiet.

The ratio needs to somehow be changed. 15 ferocity for 1% crit damage is absurd. Make it 10 or give everyone with an ascended armor zerk set the option to change their stats. Right now I feel fooled and very unlikely to log into your game. I just have no motivation to do so anymore.

I mean everything was nerfed! Divinity runes, scholar runes, trinkets, ascended, even FOOD! Everything I own is now completely worthless. Sure we still do more damage as zerkers but the tradeoff is not worth it anymore.

Also don’t like the fact that I don’t have a different armor look for spvp and the fact that 8v8 was simply removed without asking, along with the removal of raid on the capricorn. My hype and hopes have been shattered by this patch.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The ferocity change is outrageous. I feel like the “10% dps loss overall” wasn’t properly explained. No one expected to lose over 30% crit damage, if they did people wouldn’t have remained quiet.

The ratio needs to somehow be changed. 15 ferocity for 1% crit damage is absurd. Make it 10 or give everyone with an ascended armor zerk set the option to change their stats. Right now I feel fooled and very unlikely to log into your game. I just have no motivation to do so anymore.

I mean everything was nerfed! Divinity runes, scholar runes, trinkets, ascended, even FOOD! Everything I own is now completely worthless. Sure we still do more damage as zerkers but the tradeoff is not worth it anymore.

Sure it is – it just means other builds are just as viable and that is the point. ‘Zerker’ is still the best but not by so much that it is all people have to run – that was the player defined meta not the game designer’s meta.

You know, you have to scramble some eggs to make an omelet. Time to really learn what your profession can do not just read some builds and use them.

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I just want to be sure…

I also noticed this. I’m assuming (more like hoping) it’s a bug ?

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Sure it is – it just means other builds are just as viable and that is the point. ‘Zerker’ is still the best but not by so much that it is all people have to run – that was the player defined meta not the game designer’s meta.

You know, you have to scramble some eggs to make an omelet. Time to really learn what your profession can do not just read some builds and use them.

I cringed at that part. I have over 2k hours on my elementalist FYI and I’ve never read or needed any build. Gotta love passive-aggressive forum warriors!

Zerkers give up any kind of survivability to do superior damage. That’s their tradeoff. The closer they get to the base crit damage (150%), the less effective zerkers are. What’s the point of going full glass cannon when a tankier balanced build takes as much damage as they deliver to me while being more tanky? This remained true even before the patch, and now the disadvantage is even more noticeable.

I liked this games pvp because there was a chance to burst people down in seconds, and now that’s way harder to do. It’s like anet loves 10 min whack-a-meat-shield style of fights, or of course the infamous condition builds that remain unnerfed! It’s gonna be so fun to try to kill Dire players with your wet noodle damage while they chip you away helplessly!

This nerf was unwarranted, unneeded, deceiving and only useful if their goal was to get people to quit. Seriously what purpose does it serve? Tell me what the goal of this nerf was, and tell me if it is actually gonna be accomplished.

Build diversity? People will be even more elitist now in pve, fights will take forever and no group will afford to carry dead weight. spvp was already ruled by condi builds before and now wvw will switch to that soon.

Harder pve content? They could’ve buffed the mobs durability instead.

I don’t see it. I just don’t see it. It’s like they simply destroyed the most popular build just because they felt like it. I can’t see any reason that justifies this decision… I understand big changes are sometimes needed and that people won’t be happy but I. Cannot. See. Why. This. Was. Needed.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

CursedShaitan.9720

Celestial nerf hurts hybrid condition/direct damage builds more than the ferocity change does to pure zerkers. I’m essentially a week condimancer that can’t spike now and attempts to reboost my direct damage output comes at too much cost to the condi side. My performance while spiking over conditions before at least comparable to a full on condi or zerkermancer. Maybe slightly less effective but certainly more fun and varied. Now Zerkers and condimancers, are both several times more effective than hybrids. Kind of bummed I Just finished my celestial trinkets set off a few days ago and have to start a zerker set now and go full zerk after a patch that was supposed to stop the pure zerk madness.

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Make it clear that when Anet said that “berserker gear” would lose 10% overall, that it was only if you ran berserker gear without speccing anywhere else into crit dmg, like in traits. Cause a fully crit dmg warrior for example was close to 120% crit dmg at lvl 80 with over 80% crit chance, and now that its at 80% crit dmg at 80% crit chance, the drop in dmg is very significant. Are the developers sure they want to reduce physical damage by this degree? Everyone understands how precision crit dmg and power made things scale exponentially, but in theory, Toughness/Vitality and heals scaled exponentially as well, and countered glass cannon zerkers a long time ago. If Zerkers were too strong in PvE, why not just increase the crit resistance of mobs, so it doesnt take away too much dmg from less heavy crit dmg based builds? Wish we could get some clear understanding of why such a massive nerf to crit damage? Reason for it being massive, is 40% crit dmg nerf to crit dmg speced builds means that condition bunker builds which were already considered strong, will now become Ridiculously Strong. Also why isnt there any compensation to gears that loss crit dmg? Essentially making zerker/cavalier/valkyrie lose much of its stats means that all other gears get boosted passively. Its not like Cavalier or Valkyrie gear gave precision with crit dmg.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ll be dinging 80 with another alt this week and am considering Soldier gear rather than Zerk just because it doesn’t seem like the trade-off of survivability is worth it anymore.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

CoaxialMazer.9140

Knight will be even better since warriors have high base health as it is. Still get Good dmg, and might stack on GS will be even more worth it. Pure Power builds will definitely dominate zerker or crit dmg gears in general.

CursedShaitan.9720

It is my suggestion ferocity get a logarithmic scale and not the linear one it has. You would acquire more crit per ferocity in the beginning but diminishing results set it capping crit where its at currently. This would lessen the effect on hybrid and low crit stacking toons and keep the desired reduction in place at the high end. My reasons are as follows.

Ferocity scaled linearly actually improves zerker performance relative to other builds (excluding pure condition builds) even while lowering its total output. Hybrid builds counted on celestial gear and divinity runes to meet their bottom line for crit damage which were hit far harder than armor by the ferocity changes. Hybrids can’t put out enough direct damage now to make up for what they lose in condition damage by going hybrid. Condition damage stats can be sacrificed to make up the loss but then you’re in the same place because you lost damage on the condi side and you’re till significantly weaker relative to other builds than you were before. I’ve seen pure zerkers state a 37% loss to crit damamge. Many Hybrids lost over 50% of their crit from the same patch. As you can see this does the opposite of bringing the zerk meta in line with other styles and forces players to abandon creative hybrid builds in favor of pure condition/direct damage only builds which I feel are less versatile and fun to play and the opposite intention of the patch.

I’m actually very surprised ferocity was implemented this way because the change was described as only affecting full zerkers by 10% and leaving most everything else the same which could have only been done with a logarithmic scale. The linear scale by design has to effect everyone who uses crit damage and because of the way stats are distributed on armor it effected hybrids more than anyone else and pretty much does the exact opposite of promoting build diversity. I will keep experimenting to see if there’s ways to keep hybrid dps comparable to pure condition / direct dps but I’m starting to feel like nothing I do aside from going full one way or the other gets me back where I was.

(edited by CursedShaitan.9720)

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I previously had 2 exotic weapons with superior bloodlust sigils on badge-purchased weapons. I would gain my stacks and then switch to ascended weapons – and this was an acknowledged and acceptable use. Now those cannot be used in that way.

Previously I would have transmuted the weapons, salvaged the sigils, and then reused or sold them. Now that does not work either. So, I have a need for another 14 gold sigil, and I have 28 gold worth of sigils that I cannot use at all.

That is only one example – I also need to redo other gear due to rune changes, but am unable to extract the runes by the old method – and suggesting 26 gold or 250 gems per removal is ludicrous. I would have 200 gold or 2000 gems simple to regain the sigils and runes THAT I OWN, due to game updates.

I know I can “demand” nothing, but this is a poor, poor choice of changes.

Posted by: Unknownreave.8247

Unknownreave.8247

before this patch i ran my guardian around with full knight with divinity runes

and bec of the loss in dmg i nowe run full zerk to compensate for the dmg loss
feels weird tbh

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

before this patch i ran my guardian around with full knight with divinity runes

and bec of the loss in dmg i nowe run full zerk to compensate for the dmg loss
feels weird tbh

100% This. All they did was increase the need for zerker in PvE. Zerk groups will now be less forgiving if a PVT jumps in because they can’t afford to carry anymore. Still Zerk meta there.

And now the condi meta in wvw/pvp is going out of control. I’ve been in TA, Solo Q and Hot Join since patch quite a bit. Out of the 10 players on the field usually 8 are running condi builds. Thanks Anet. Even though you said that Zerk dmg wasn’t going to be affected in PvP it was. The balance honestly ruins this game which could be so good.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

CursedShaitan.9720

I strongly suggest the team start experimenting with a logarithmic approach to ferocity. It may slightly complicate the conversion of one to another but dramatically limit the unintended side effects of the change and improve the intended effect. It’s by far the simplest solution to the current predicament. The current change actually exacerbated the problems already present and hurt hybrids more than it did zerkers.

(edited by CursedShaitan.9720)

Posted by: Kryton.7183

Kryton.7183

I’m glad to see the post on Celestial runes becoming crap. I’ve spend 100’s of hours building out my main as a hybrid that, as stated in the original post, relies on Celestial runes to pump up damage while still providing boosts in protection. I’m at a loss for how you can even call this change “balancing” when you decrease the usability by over 66%. That is not balanced, that is ruined. These were expensive runes and represent in real dollars and commitment allot of dedication to this game. I feel completely disenfranchised by this atrocity and frankly have stopped having anything positive to say to the people who ask me how I like GW. I now have to decide whether to continue playing GW knowing that I can no longer play as an effective toon, spend countless hours farming the gold to purchase new runes and either destroy 60+ gold runes or spend 1350 gems on Upgrade Extractors. I want to repeat, this was NOT a simple rebalance. You destroyed the usability of an expensive toon.

Posted by: Alaztor.6918

Alaztor.6918

Can’t Anet do what they did when they changed mf on items, allowing us to do a 1 time reroll on items that had crit damage on them(now ferocity), especially trinkets since they suffered the most from it? I know the stat wasn’t changed to another like with mf, but it crippled many builds that relied on crit damage from trinkets.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Hello, i’ve just calculated the loss of critical damage due to the ferocity update. I’m runing a full ascended berzerker gear on my thief, i was at 113% critical damage so , with adding base crit dmg : 263%. With the update, i am now at 221%. We have been told that this update will lower berzerker’s damage by at maximum 10% whereas the 42% loss represents 14% of my total damage.

What ANet didn’t tell us was that the ~10% reduction was based on ~50% critical chance. If you’re getting a 14% overall dps reduction, your critical chance is quite a bit higher.

Sure it is – it just means other builds are just as viable and that is the point.

Untrue. Builds that were not based on critical damage are no more viable now than they were before. The numbers generated by those builds did not change, ergo their viability is the same. The real points of the change — and there are two — are:

1. Implementing Ferocity as a larger-number-equates-to-smaller-number stat paves the way to include it in any vertical progression schemes, whether these changes take place via infusions or whatever. Keeping critical damage percentage as it was would have meant that adding more, as was done via Ascended, would be “too much.” We’ll see how that one goes.
  2. Appeasing posters who thought there was too much of a gap between the damage output of glass builds and those of other builds. That seems to have worked, at least for now. What happens, though, when the meta either remains the same or gets worse?

If the real goal had been to make other builds more viable, conditions in group and large scale PvE would be addressed, and damage would have been switched so that the formula would emphasize weapon rating more than power. However, the latter option would have negative consequences for PvP, and so was probably never considered.

Also, there’s the issue of the effect of this change on WvW, where the only glass builds that were considered OP were those that spike. This change dramatically effects spikes because of the multiplicative nature of damage. Counter-play for spikes in PvP is/should be dodging, blocking, etc.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It was clear to me that the guy saying it was “about 10% nerf” was lying before the patch. Today we have the proof, on my character the nerf is over 30%.

6 celestial items (3 armors and 3 trinkets) have their crit nerfed by 50% and my divinity runes also got nerfed by an incomprehensible amount. Then you add on top of that the 10% general nerf on all my berserker gear and I get nerfed to the ground. All that time gearing up and making the perfect build to the precise stat for nothing.

I have the feeling that they made these new stats so confusing and hard to compare to the old ones just to make us swallow this gigantic and unnecessary nerf.

As always low hp classes suffer more from this, mostly eles and engis which benefited the most form the celestial gear.

CoaxialMazer.9140

I run a Full Cavalier Warrior for WvW roaming, and in general i love the idea of being a semi tanky champ with really crazy burst if i land my skills, but the dmg nerf to my build is ridiculous, i lose more than 20-30% of my burst dmg, which is really my only dmg since the rest of the time im trying to survive with dodges/blocks and plan my skills against my opponents. This ferocity scaling is really poor, even traits go from 30% crit dmg to 15%!!!, Thats really too much. Trinkets got hit even hard, I worked so hard to get my ascended gear, and now i feel its not even worth playing anymore, might just reroll ele or engi and just run around naked and contribute more dmg and have almost the same or not more survivability.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Untrue. Builds that were not based on critical damage are no more viable now than they were before. The numbers generated by those builds did not change, ergo their viability is the same.

That’s not completely true, but what changed for those builds has absolutely nothing to do with ferocity. There are now 4 sigils that are on-hit instead of on-crit. It is possible to get added damage out of them (sigil of fraility + piercing shards + lightning hammer). Hopefully there will be more as time passes.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Any idea if the soulbound on acquire runesets that drop from dungeons will ever be fixed to be account bound?

Seems like a pretty glaring omission on a feature patch that made almost everything else account bound and included a full pass on all runes and sigils.

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

Here is a screenshot of an ascended Infused celestial ring and a normal ascended ring. Please fix these.

Attachments:

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

To be as blunt as I can be, the developers were told in so many different way they were breaking Celestial/All stat gear. I spent A LOT of time and money acquiring my Celestial gear and especially Traveler Runes on several characters.

tbh Danicia, I’d really rage at a Dev for about 30 minutes on a “WTH were you thinking?” basis. I know you folks are trying it’s the what are you trying for that I don’t get sometimes. As it stands right now, any of our Celestial/All stat items feel like a bait and switch purchase.

What could be a nice fix would be to add some/more Boon Duration to Celestial/All stat items. Lore wise, it would seem befitted for something called Celestial to grant boon duration.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Ok i know this will most likely be a duplicate but… did you guys (devs) really think that the critical damage/ferocity change was well implemented? It seems critical damage got nerfed because of the amount of players complaining about zerk builds on PvE (also, i’m pretty sure some dev said that critical damage was in a good place on sPvP).
But most of the people that complained about it doesn’t have enough game knowledge to understand the situation, the critical damage nerf screwed up Celestial gear and accuracy based builds on WvW, meanwhile the PvE situation is the same as always, if not worse (now there will be even more posts asking for zerk/assassin’s geared classes on LFG, to make sure they don’t lose any more DPS, and it will be even harder to get groups with “non-optimal” builds).
The food balancing was atrocious as well, foods with 8% critical damage were converted to 70 ferocity (4,6ish critical damage) and apparently 10% foods share the same 70 ferocity, it’s less than half the original value, now, while i do understand why you guys nerfed critical damage in the first place (even though i don’t agree with it, mostly because critical damage ins’t the problem), it seems really really really awful to WvW players, and anyone who invested in ascended gear.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

CoaxialMazer.9140

Ok i know this will most likely be a duplicate but… did you guys (devs) really think that the critical damage/ferocity change was well implemented? It seems critical damage got nerfed because of the amount of players complaining about zerk builds on PvE (also, i’m pretty sure some dev said that critical damage was in a good place on sPvP).
But most of the people that complained about it doesn’t have enough game knowledge to understand the situation, the critical damage nerf screwed up Celestial gear and accuracy based builds on WvW, meanwhile the PvE situation is the same as always, if not worse (now there will be even more posts asking for zerk/assassin’s geared classes on LFG, to make sure they don’t lose any more DPS, and it will be even harder to get groups with “non-optimal” builds).
The food balancing was atrocious as well, foods with 8% critical damage were converted to 70 ferocity (4,6ish critical damage) and apparently 10% foods share the same 70 ferocity, it’s less than half the original value, now, while i do understand why you guys nerfed critical damage in the first place (even though i don’t agree with it, mostly because critical damage ins’t the problem), it seems really really really awful to WvW players, and anyone who invested in ascended gear.

And i Quote Ascended Gear specifically. It takes alot of time and effort only to see things get nerfed without compensation either. Even the Traits were hammered hard. Literally all aspects of crit based spike builds were nerfed, if u ran crit dmg, u just lost more than 30% of your dps most likely, without an increase in anywhere else. Feels great to have a bunch of gear u work hard for, just end up becoming underwhelming, i shoulda just rolled an ele, and face tank 10 people and slowly kill them all without even building a single dime of crit dmg. Balance

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

My only issue with these new support stuff I cannot handle the fact that our own combo blasts don’t prioritize our combo fields.
Especially in WvW scenario where you have dozen of Guardians laying over and under your Water field, their Light field and you end up stacking 20 minutes of Retaliation instead of a nice heal blast.

Can you please make it so that we can blast our own fields regardless of how many of them are lay down.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: rcketscientist.3705

rcketscientist.3705

Greetings,

If you have feedback, issues, or questions, please use this thread, based on this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-15-2014/first#post3896042

Please do not create duplicate posts, as it makes it more difficult for us to gather your feedback in a timely and organized manner. Thank you for your understanding.

You closed my thread to come here, but for future reference, this title does NOT sound like the right place to make the post. I saw it and overlooked it since it sounds like a thread related to sigils.

Xillllix.3485

it seems really really really awful to WvW players, and anyone who invested in ascended gear.

I don’t think they care, we’ve told them months before the patch was released.

Food is nerfed to around 66%, crits on celestial ascended armor are nerfed 50%, celestial trinkets are nerfed 50%, divinity runes are nerfed the same, then on top of that if I’m not mistaken they added a 10% crit effectiveness reduction (or overall reduction). And what you have total is basically a 30% crit nerf globally on a character using a portion of these things, which would probably be the number they were aiming for.

rcketscientist.3705

So I supported ferocity. A 10% reduction would likely offer a more balanced gameplay and lead to less flash fights in wvw. However, I sure as kitten don’t support a 33% reduction and that’s what a some of us got. I am a balanced build necro mostly in wvw.

The problem lies in the fact that I balanced my armor and focused crit dmg in jewellery. Here are some examples:

• Stonecleaver Spire: 10% → 134f (9%). Ok, there’s your 10% reduction.
  • Bud of Pale Tree: 9% → 85f (5.6%). Whoa, that’s a 37% reduction guys…your math is falling apart.
  • Bagh Nakh: 8% → 68f (4.5%). Whaaaaa….That’s a 43.5% reduction. WTF!?

These aren’t even the celestial pieces you noted you’d be screwing over, yet these are just as bad.

But here’s the clincher. It would have been hard for them to mention each individual piece, but every class has a crit damage tree. How the frell did you neglect to mention that every single class in the game was getting a 33% reduction on their crit damage from trait trees? 30% → 300f (20%).

So since I can maintain 100% crit during damage phases and jewellery gear took such a massive hit, I’m looking at a straight up 33% reduction in damage. That’s not a nerf, that’s anet saying please log off.

If you’re sticking with a change of this magnitude the only thing that would fix it is an across the board stat change. I need to swap literally all my gear. I’d even need my ascended recipes swapped so I could finish with whatever the new balance would be. It’s rather clear you guys wanted a simple solution this, but you’re way off on the value of ferocity in relation to the other stats, especially when you view it as a minor stat on an item.

I was looking forward to this patch. I don’t have time for more than one class, but since you completely broke my build I’m logging, possibly permanently, if you want to stick with these changes. I’m a frelling level 55 downlevel necro running around in wvw now. And I sure as hell am not taking 3 months to build another ascended set after I’m almost done with my current one. I’m sure you’d break that one just as I finish since you’re all about massive patches now…
If I wanted a cycle of being nerfed into oblivion then buffed to complete imbalance I could play WoW…

Xillllix.3485

So I supported ferocity. A 10% reduction would likely offer a more balanced gameplay and lead to less flash fights in wvw. However, I sure as kitten don’t support a 33% reduction and that’s what a some of us got. I am a balanced build necro mostly in wvw.

The problem lies in the fact that I balanced my armor and focused crit dmg in jewellery. Here are some examples:

• Stonecleaver Spire: 10% -> 134f (9%). Ok, there’s your 10% reduction.
  • Bud of Pale Tree: 9% -> 85f (5.6%). Whoa, that’s a 37% reduction guys…your math is falling apart.
  • Bagh Nakh: 8% -> 68f (4.5%). Whaaaaa….That’s a 43.5% reduction. WTF!?

These aren’t even the celestial pieces you noted you’d be screwing over, yet these are just as bad.

But here’s the clincher. It would have been hard for them to mention each individual piece, but every class has a crit damage tree. How the frell did you neglect to mention that every single class in the game was getting a 33% reduction on their crit damage from trait trees? 30% -> 300f (20%).

So since I can maintain 100% crit during damage phases and jewellery gear took such a massive hit, I’m looking at a straight up 33% reduction in damage. That’s not a nerf, that’s anet saying please log off.

If you’re sticking with a change of this magnitude the only thing that would fix it is an across the board stat change. I need to swap literally all my gear. I’d even need my ascended recipes swapped so I could finish with whatever the new balance would be. It’s rather clear you guys wanted a simple solution this, but you’re way off on the value of ferocity in relation to the other stats, especially when you view it as a minor stat on an item.

I was looking forward to this patch. I don’t have time for more than one class, but since you completely broke my build I’m logging, possibly permanently, if you want to stick with these changes. I’m a frelling level 55 downlevel necro running around in wvw now. And I sure as hell am not taking 3 months to build another ascended set after I’m almost done with my current one. I’m sure you’d break that one just as I finish since you’re all about massive patches now…
If I wanted a cycle of being nerfed into oblivion then buffed to complete imbalance I could play WoW…

Can’t say it better. With the same build as before I’m down 35% damage. My meteor shower that used to do 6.5k with tornado do 4k. Lightning flash was set up to crit at 2k, now it barely does over 1k if it crits.

Everything feels BROKEN.
I’m taking a break, see you in a few weeks perhaps if I have nothing better to do than re-gear a character I had fine-tuned to perfection.

Posted by: Harddrive.2738

Harddrive.2738

Adding complaint to the celestial rebalancing, completely out of wack.
It would seem that rather then try to make a mathematically balanced system your trying for a visually balanced system.

Celestial Greatsword as a example, all the stats are 89 post patch. Before patch crit damage was 11%, so lets say you want to nerf ~20%, and we will round meaning that should make it 9% crit damage.

That means we should have 135 ferocity on the greatsword, it wouldn’t match the other stats but it would make sense. Or any multiple of 15 considering all celestial is lv80 gear.

However you instead gave it 89, matching the other stats causing a massive reduction 5.9% (~6%) crit damage. Because you couldn’t even give us that 1 extra point, there is a strong possibility that the total summation of all the other points will result in a round down.

It just doesn’t make any sense how you did it. You came to nerf berserker, not celestial.

The 6.5% bonus to other stats, basically useless. The gain per piece is so small that even when you add them up you very likely couldn’t see any game play difference unless you pause frame and pull out a calculator.

rcketscientist.3705

It would seem that rather then try to make a mathematically balanced system your trying for a visually balanced system.

You really nailed it on the head there. It’s not remotely functional. But the numbers look nice and neat next to each other. They went for form over function and especially screwed builds they intended to support.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I just want to be sure…

Attack (average weapon damage plus power) was never used for anything beyond stat page filler.

The damage formula from the start was your weapon’s damage roll multiplied by your power stat, that then got divided by your target’s defense stat. Said defense stat was target armor plus target toughness.

Posted by: Mr Quikeh.5461

Mr Quikeh.5461

Any reason why underwater weapons cant have 2 Sigils?
i understand underwater combat isnt favoured, by anyone, but still, you said 2 handed weapons can have 2 sigils, underwater weapons are still 2 handed?