Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

it is outrageous that they make these changes that are supposedly better but are actually worse if you do not get anything free to combine

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

If it hasn’t been suggested yet, the wardrobe should provide and option to display wielded weapons.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

please give me back my original names

fellblade
ithas long bow
icebreaker

etc
heritage armor

i want my original names back!

Posted by: Chamolin.4530

Chamolin.4530

I miss being able to mix and match town clothes and dying them. I hope Anet considers this and makes the adjustments.

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

I only have 2 really BIG disappointments here

1: (was to be expected) Skins you owned and used in the past, but not in your possession anymore, or transmuted over, are not unlocked.

Tier 1-2-3 Cultural Armors add up to the lost value quickly, as do Dungeon Skins. Ofcourse we did not hold on to these skins for ages because we simply do not have the space for it. But we can get those again…

The one for me, unfortunately, that I will never get back, are the Fused Gauntlets.

2: This one is very item specific: The Dragon Emblem Shirt….
Why…why did this one have to be a tonic? Why not a Chestpiece Skin!?
It is questionably one of the most exclusive items we could get and I was hoping to match it with the Celebration Hat and go into battle that way.

An item so rare that everytime you show it players ask what it is and where to get it deserves to have more use.

point 1, okay, we can get those skins again eventually, (except my fused guantlets), no worries.

point 2, make my day and change the Dragon Emblem Shirt to a skin instead of the potion it is now.
Nothing cries out -like a boss- more than defeating elder dragons in a Tshirt without getting dirt or bloodspatter on it.

Posted by: onio.6403

onio.6403

if they at least let us combine the city and show clothes for all parties would be better but what they have done is contrary to all freedom, customization and creativity in our characters.

Besides garments are colored with dyes a tremendously bad shape now.

Posted by: crimlet.9872

crimlet.9872

I’m really confused about where this thread that I made is supposed to go. I can’t reply because it was locked. And the mod put a link that lead to the forum home page.

The thread was meant to clarify how the wardrobe system works since it’s really complicated. There were some really good replies in the thread. Not sure where to continue the discussion.

So without creating duplicate post, I figure I’m supposed to post the link to the thread here?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Wardrobe-System-Extremely-Complicated/first#post3909378

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

When we transmute an item, the items’ name stays the same. I liked the old system where you could skin an item and then link the skins’ name with the new stats. If someone asks what axe I’m using I link it and it says Tonns’ Reaver rather than Dragons’ Jade Reaver. This may confuse some new players as they may think “Oh, I want that Tonns’ Reaver because it looks cool”. I could manually type out the name of the skin, but it was nicer when I could just link it.

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Before I get upset, has anyone seen where the racial town clothes went? I assumed they would be an outfit like the other sets but… They appear to have just been removed entirely. If this is the case, I’m very disappointed.

Racial Town Clothes are now tonics. You can’t change the color of them or use them in combat like Outfits. The default colors are red and black, so now EVERY Asura wearing racial Town Clothes looks like an Inquest member!

(snip)

First off, transmutation charges are slightly cheaper than the stones at 5/150 instead of 5/200. Granted, that may change.

(snip)

The point is that previously, I never had to pay for Transmutation Stones or Crystals at all. I got them via playing the game, and I spent my money on other things (like Town Clothes, infinite gathering tools, and so on). What I ended up paying for the things I did buy was already more than a monthly-fee MMO’s standard $15 per month, so why should I have to pay for charges now too? You only get one charge per map completion, at least on the lower-level zones, as opposed to three stones— meaning that new players and people with lots of alts won’t be able to keep a consistent appearance as they level without paying money they didn’t previously have to pay.

I have one minor annoyance with the new hero menu. When you initially press ‘h’ to open it (the first time after you log in), it gives no options; instead forcing you to click on either equipment, wardrobe or dyes. (snip for space) It isn’t major, but will result in quite a few extra clicks.

The entire thing seems weirdly obtuse for something that was supposed to make things more streamlined. For example, hiding your hat if you’re wearing an Outfit: it requires hiding your Armor hat, so if you want to show your helm when you’re wearing Armor but hide your hat while you’re wearing an Outfit, you have to click that little check box every time after you’ve swapped. The little check box for switching to an Outfit at all is small to the level of silliness, too, and it’s only present in the Wardrobe tab, not the Equipment tab (despite there being the same amount of room in both of the tabs for an Outfit slot in that place), so that requires switching back and forth via the menu too. And accessing Combat Brawl toys requires opening up your Inventory, an entirely different tab, now— this is exactly the opposite of streamlining! And oi vey, the Tonics! Having to re-apply them every 15 minutes, every time you rezone, or even if you just use the Sonic Tunneling Tool? (Apparently it un-tonics you, though I can’t personally test this as I don’t have it.)

A few extra clicks might not seem like much, but it’s still just plain clunky in a system that was supposed to be more user-friendly.

One thing that needs improving, having issue with my guild being sent into many diffrent servers of harathi hinterlands…and as an rp guild this makes life hard as hell.

Technically this isn’t the thread for that, but it’s a valid point— we were assured that the Megaserver thing would take home world and guild into account, and so far it seems to be completely broken. There is no reason for guild members, especially those from the same world, to be scattered into different maps. Looks like the Wardrobe wasn’t the only thing that ended up rushed and half-finished.

the thing is, anything with the guild wars name on it should be the leader of that pack.

Unfortunately GW2 doesn’t seem to be leading much of any pack these days. It’s quite curious that the Megaserver was implemented so soon after Elder Scrolls Online and its megaserver-equivalent debuted, hm? And ANet seems to be trying so hard to do something new with the Living Story that they overextended themselves and ended up with a bunch of really buggy releases full of progressively shoddier writing. (Although the design of the fights did at least improve and we ended up with some fun bosses, that’s not being at the head of the pack: it’s just meeting the requirements for what an MMO should have!)

They broke my Santa. :’(

They broke my Santa Thorn! (Deathclaw Murderblade was a bit confused about Human holiday traditions; he wanted to improve Charr-Human relations by dressing up and spreading holiday cheer, but didn’t quite realize that Mad King Thorn isn’t part of every Human holiday tradition.) Now Uncle Deathclaw won’t get to wander around trying to give out presents and wondering why people run screaming from him, ever again. :C

(Unless ANet fixes this by Wintersday of course. Even just the ability to swap Outfit hats by then? Pretty please with an omnomberry on top?)

Attachments:

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

Although the new update has some nice features to it there are a several issues that bother me.

1. The biggest issue I have is why do I have to wear one set of armor style for PvP now? There was nothing wrong with the three tabs for PvE/PvP/Town Clothes. In fact this was and is still a better option then the current UI. I had specific style sets for PvP and PvE & WvW.

2. Why do I need to carry around extra weapons for PvP on my character, while in PVE?

3. The current transmutation system is basically double dipping into your customers pockets, for retransmuting items. People bought skins and props expecting to be able to flip back and forth between them seamlessly.

4. Tonics for town clothes??? Worst idea ever. I used sports sunglasses and boxing gloves… Mostly for costume brawl. Which my tonic shows my character using aviator glasses… I know many, many other people spent several dollars in the Trading Post to get skins to make unique identities. This was a horrible idea.

5. I liked having separate styles for PvP and PvE. Please revert back the tonics, give us back the screens for PvP and PvE and Town Clothes wardrobe hero screens. I want different styles for different game plays.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

My only problem with the transmutation system is that now it is impossible to transmute gear for stats on things that were otherwise unable to be salvaged. this includes WvW gear and Karma gear. Doing this has cause a lock on rune sets making them go higher in price simply because they are now getting harder and harder to get. there needs to be a way to remove these runes from gear now that things have been changed, and it needs to be affordable.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I mirror your concerns. I just used my last $15 gem card today before I heard the complaints in map chat. I won’t be spending any more money on Guild Wars 2.

An online store that pulls these kind of tricks is selling damaged goods.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Same. I was told that you can wear outfit now, so I decided to look for ways to use individual town cloths but there is no option. In other words, there is no way for people to customize their town cloths with different parts.

Though I am not a cosmetic person, but I believe that people who enjoy those cosmetic products love the freedom to customize it.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m one of the few people who LIKE the Town Clothing potions.

My issue is they cannot be used in combat… :’(

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Did you happen to read the Dev explanation about why some Town Clothes became tonics?

With more information, you might feel bad about calling them lazy. Just a thought.

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

I just miss dying my hoodie…
I posted before/after patch pics. The first one, I just HATE that hat. I’m willing to forgive that though, since I can still dye it (even if I can’t dye the pieces separately >.<) and my back item now shows up with the outfit. I really wish I could still mix up the pieces, but eh.
The second pic, I’m torn. They actually kept my outfit exactly as I had it just through the hoodie alone. I’m ecstatic about that. The fact that it’s all neutral browns now and I can’t get that awesome neon lining like I did, I’m just sad about that.
I guess I just hope for the tonic outfits to someday be turned into outfits so we can at least dye them. That’d be good enough for me.

Attachments:

(edited by Eravyn.7483)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Is there a reason to have Town Clothes tonics at all, instead of just converting everything to outfits?

Tonics
-Can’t be mixed
-Can’t be dyed
-Can’t be used in combat

Outfits
-Can’t be mixed
+Can be dyed
+Can be used in combat

Since the individual pieces (Hoodies, Riding Pants, etc.) generate full sets of clothing when the tonic is used, I don’t see why those sets couldn’t be made into outfits. While the outfit system is a few steps forward and a few steps back, tonics are just a few steps back, period.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Eravyn.7483

Eravyn.7483

I don’t see anything there about why some are tonics and others aren’t. I do like the promise of more outfits over the summer though. The new armor sets have been weird (not bad, just not to my tastes), so I know the outfits should at least be fun.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, you can read all his posts. He explains it multiple times.

Posted by: Assassins Caddy.1539

Assassins Caddy.1539

Everybody seems to have the same concerns with the tonics. I’m just posting to back everybody up on that- the town clothes look silly now that they can’t be mixed or dyed.

It’d be cool if you could use them in combat, but that doesn’t seem unreasonable since you could never use them in combat. They should have left the town clothes system in, or at added them with the armors like they did with the head pieces.

Devil Of The Mists
Gems N Tonic [GnT]
Formerly Best Team North Africa [NA]

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

I heard you like ugly gloves and boots with every single clothing combination.
Wearing Khaki shorts? OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE WANT LONG SLEEVES/GLOVES/BOOTS.
Wearing hoodie? YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WANT LONG PANTS/GLOVES/BOOTS!

It’s obvious, that on top of all the bullkitten, they put absolutely zero effort into making interesting/inspired tonic combinations. A monumental failure.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

That’s an fine explanation for why mix-and-match had to go; sad as I am about that, I’m (grudgingly) okay with it. The Outfit system isn’t perfect, but it has some excellent points in its favor. That’s not really what irks me, which is the sets that got turned into tonics.

I couldn’t find an explanation why so many clothing items got the tonic treatment instead of the outfit treatment, however. Since the tonics generate their own extra pieces, they avoid the systematic problems of making those clothing items into armor pieces; I’m still looking for a reason why they shouldn’t just be outfits.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I just miss dying my hoodie…
I posted before/after patch pics. The first one, I just HATE that hat. I’m willing to forgive that though, since I can still dye it (even if I can’t dye the pieces separately >.<) and my back item now shows up with the outfit. I really wish I could still mix up the pieces, but eh.

You can toggle the hat off. Click on the armor head toggle. It does a global helm toggle so you will have to toggle it back on to show your regular armor helm if you switch off the outfit, but you don’t have to have that hat showing if you don’t want it.

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

My only problem with the transmutation system is that now it is impossible to transmute gear for stats on things that were otherwise unable to be salvaged. this includes WvW gear and Karma gear. Doing this has cause a lock on rune sets making them go higher in price simply because they are now getting harder and harder to get. there needs to be a way to remove these runes from gear now that things have been changed, and it needs to be affordable.

Are you saying we can’t reskin wvw armor now? :-/

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

Posted by: Talis.1780

Talis.1780

It is disheartening as a role player, to loose the ability to be creative for more than fifteen minutes at a time. Having to poof the potion 4x’s an hour… No way to inter-mingle different boots or pants with the pirate’s costume, or any other.
I know I will not be buying anymore gems and would in truth like a refund on all the costumes I have bought over fourteen characters. Not going to hold my breath or complain any longer.
Newer games are out, while older games seem much more appealing now.
Adieu.

Posted by: Istvan.3018

Istvan.3018

I strongly object to the ratio of transmutation stones/crystals to charges (3:1; 1:1 respectively). I have now lost roughly two-thirds of my transmutation uses, since I had saved up mostly stones (30 or so), and only a few crystals. I enjoy transmuting my low-level gear, on all of my characters, and I’ve lost much of my opportunity to do that. This ratio really discourages me from using one of the fun parts of the game, making my gear look how I want. I’m very disappointed in this change. If anything, I think that the transmutation stones should give a 1:1 ratio to charges, especially since the drop rate for the charges seems dramatically decreased (1 charge for map completion, I’m hearing).

I will certainly not buy charges in the Gem Store to support this system. All that it’s done is decreased my enjoyment of the game.

Further, I agree with the people complaining about the changes to the City Clothes. Why go to the effort of restricting the character’s looks? I hope that this was simply an unintended consequence, and that we’re able to mix-and-match again soon.

-Disappointed

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

ANET, please give us access to this armor! I don’t care how you do it I just need to be able to get it. It has the best light armor pieces in the game by far in my opinion. Maybe you could simply allow this lady (http://i.imgur.com/QhJCl5M.jpg) to sell them?

Attachments:

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

“If you ask me its not cheap. With all the changes done, and like what I said a few post ago, The money that I may use to get transmutes is the same amount of money I can use to pay for Realm Reborn 60 day subs. Difference? The wardrobe skins there work way better than what happened here.”

My point exactly.

Most MMOs have a $15 a month subscription. For that, you get the whole enchilada.

You get the whole enchilada playing a free-to-play Aion. They use in-game currency for transmutation.

Yeah, this is what boggles my mind. Almost every other Free to Play MMO allows for free cosmetic changes made in game, with the only price being that you pay in-game currency for, and often times that charge is a very middling amount, if any at all.

Why Anet thinks it’s okay for them to charge players what other MMOs do for free is beyond me. And yes, I’m aware you can buy Gems with gold.. For 5 charges, or one armor set, it’s 150 gems which is roughly 15 gold.

Seeing as Gold isn’t easy to come by in GW2, that’s quite a bit of farming (read: Grinding) that needs to be done for a single change to your armor set.

That is not okay. The Wardrobe System it’s self is great. The UI is superb, and it’s awesome that you can now access all your gear in one easy spot for transmuting…What’s not okay is, as I said, charging people a rather expensive amount of in-game gold for a single costume change, or pushing them towards the Gem Store to buy some Gems with real money.

This, combined with making the only place to get Dyes being the Trading Post from other players, 5 laurels for one unidentified dye, or (of course) buying some from the Gem Store really does make me think that Anet looked at the fact that people enjoy the cosmetic aspect of GW2, and decided to nickle and dime everyone for it in hopes of some easy money.

I’m really preying this comes back to bite them in the end, and we can have these changes reverted to something far less money grubbing, and far more consumer friendly.

As someone else pointed out, and I’ll echo: Why should we, or anyone for that matter, feel that it’s okay for Anet to charge us real money (or a fairly extensive grind session for gold) to do something that is offered for free by their competitors, for an in-game currency price that’s equivalent to repair costs.

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Are you saying we can’t reskin wvw armor now? :-/

What I mean is, that if you want to take a sigil out of an armor set that is karma or from WvW, you no longer can do it. its stuck forever because they cannot be salvaged and transmutations dont change runes now if you choose to.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Why in the hell would I pay super expensive GEMS to change my look? I will just stick to switching out my armor like before. What were they thinking? I can’t imagine that this will go well with the players. Also, the tonic idea is the worst idea that I have ever heard.

(edited by Miss Pink Floyd.9730)

Posted by: MOJO.6439

MOJO.6439

My Feedback — Please refund all of my town clothes purchases. You have removed half of my character customization options and I want my money back. You no longer have what I paid for.

Posted by: Captnrandm.5986

Captnrandm.5986

So this is just a just a thought why not instead of making cultural armor they way it is as individual item skin make it an outfit. that would be a work around for ascended gear and allowing the armor to be more wanted. or maybe even be able to make a custom outfit and be able to have it in the outfit tab that would then allow one to use one or two pieces of cultural armor and have the look they want and not affect the use of the ascended being account bound. just a thought. one thing you could do is also just turn it into a consumable outfit as a whole for the cost of the full set respectively.

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Am I missing something?
I figured out how to get the new ‘outfit’ on and dyed, but when I try to hide the ugly hat, I can’t see my normal helm underneath it. I end up with no head wear at all =/

Posted by: PixelatedSpy.1875

PixelatedSpy.1875

My Feedback — Please refund all of my town clothes purchases. You have removed half of my character customization options and I want my money back. You no longer have what I paid for.

I feel the same way, man. What bugs me is that they knew it would upset people, hence why I’m assuming they’re already offering refunds, but did it anyway. I mean, what am I supposed to buy with the gems they give back? They decided to remove what I actually wanted to spend money on.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned at all but would still like some sort of response/acknowledgement on this issue: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sigils-and-WvW-Weapons/first#post3905387

It makes absolutely no sense that I cannot remove these sigils in any way.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

If you reapply the original skin to an item, does it effectively reverse the transmutation?

example: If you re skinned your tempered spinal blades with a Desert Rose, and then re applied the Tempered spinal blade skin to it later on, would you be able to use it in the mystic forge?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

We already paid for the items once under the old system for unlimited use and no transmutation cost. With this new system we have to pay twice to use them after the few free uses. Players with a lot of alts are being prevented in decking out most or all alts with outfits & etc from the added cost preventive road blocked added. That’s totally unfair in my book while looking as a money grab.

Gem store outfits/items ought to be endless use without any transmutations charges needed in anyway at all once added to wardrobe tab. We should be able too change outfits to deck out our alts without it becoming a cost preventive road block for myself + others in the long run having to buy the new transmutation charges. I refuse to convert gold into gems since I don’t like the conversion rate leaving only one choice to use real world money for gems.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

please give me back my original names

fellblade
ithas long bow
icebreaker

etc
heritage armor

i want my original names back!

Among the weird tonic decision, this. Preserve the name of the skin we’re using for the looks of the item, not the item that is was transmuted onto.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Shanon.9741

Shanon.9741

I’m pretty irritated by this change too. This is a huge middle finger to the RP’ers and anyone who just enjoyed the ability to change it up a little. What a waste of gems/real money. Well, no more buying gems and wasting money on this game, if that’s the attitude they’re adopting then fine!

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

ANET, please give us access to this armor! I don’t care how you do it I just need to be able to get it. It has the best light armor pieces in the game by far in my opinion. Maybe you could simply allow this lady (http://i.imgur.com/QhJCl5M.jpg) to sell them?

That’s the PVP Tribal armor and as of now there is no way to obtain it in game if you did not have it previously unlocked (since PVP crafting has been disabled).

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

When we transmute an item, the items’ name stays the same. I liked the old system where you could skin an item and then link the skins’ name with the new stats. If someone asks what axe I’m using I link it and it says Tonns’ Reaver rather than Dragons’ Jade Reaver. This may confuse some new players as they may think “Oh, I want that Tonns’ Reaver because it looks cool”. I could manually type out the name of the skin, but it was nicer when I could just link it.

Anet should really keep the name of the LOOK of an item, not the stats. It’s confusing sometimes.

Plus, people spend money for weapons like Kasmeer’s staff, and it you lose the name, only to be renamed after the weapon you transmuted from that had the stats you wanted. In my case, my Kasmeer’s staff became the Pillar of Ulgoth.

I also spent lots of gold for the Jade Quarterstaff only to be renamed.

Attachments:

Posted by: WereScrib.7154

WereScrib.7154

Did you happen to read the Dev explanation about why some Town Clothes became tonics?

With more information, you might feel bad about calling them lazy. Just a thought.

Its bull. Most of them functioned with both light, medium and heavy tops in beta via preview screen. Without much ‘clipping’. In fact, about identical clipping to you get in game already. (Light Forge makes charr females lose a mass of texture on their arm, Duelist has a hole in the back, Leather clips itself, etc)

We already have horrible errors in the existing armor, but the fact is when we freeformed everything in previews, everything generally worked alright. Or at least as alright as it does now.

Moreover, Outfits can’t be mix-and-matched now. So why couldn’t we have all town clothing be put into a ‘outfit slot’ that is. Wait. MIX AND MATCHABLE? JUST LIKE BEFORE. IMAGINE THAT!" It just can’t be mixed with ~armor~. JUST LIKE IT IS NOW. But no. Anet is lying, justifying their bad decisions with blatant lies, and stating this is the only way it could work.

Simply because “In the future we could have cool, sexy outfits!” this isn’t about what exists now. This is about making more complicated outfits for the future. Its trashing people who previously spent their money to hope their new cosmetic only line sells better then before. They already stated that the marketing and economy people are the primary force behind this patch.
I get that its an attempt at selling more things. But destroying things already purchased is pretty crappy.

(edited by WereScrib.7154)

Posted by: Everlost.8741

Everlost.8741

Reposting here per moderator instruction:

The new wardrobe transmutation costs disadvantage new and leveling players.

With the exchange rate for old Transmutation Stones to new Transmutation Charges being 3:1, and each transmute costing 1 Charge, players who are not level 80 are now paying 3 times as much to transmute their gear.

This is especially disadvantageous since leveling is when you are most likely to want frequent transmutes, since you’re constantly swapping out old gear for new.

The change is great for vets and people not leveling alts; now your stack of 200 Transmutation Charges are still good for something after level 79!

But I’m kind of bummed about the change, since my highest-level toon is 32 at this moment. The old system accounted for this with cheaper transmutes for leveling players. Why did this go away?

(Original post, along with some good discussion, at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Transmute-Costs-Bad-for-Leveling-Players/first#post3896385)

I fully agree with this. I have 7 characters under level 80. Before the patch I had roughly 100 yellow stones, enough to change their outfits every 10 levels, due to completing maps with them. After the patch that number has been reduced to 33. I have been scammed out of 66 stones!

There needs to be a better system in place for levelling characters; they tend to change armor more often then people at high level. This system is a step backwards for anyone who is still levelling characters, especially since transmutation charges from the Cash Shop are more expensive now then the yellow stones were.

Posted by: Afropenguinn.3675

Afropenguinn.3675

I am a pretty casual player, but I have pumped a good $100+ into gems over the past year. I liked changing my look often and every Halloween I would buy a costume. When I heard that you can wear them at any time I was really excited! But then I found out my favorite piece, the aviator sunglasses, would be becoming a tonic. It was the first thing I ever bought, and was a signature trait of my character. As silly as it sounds I think I have been put off enough where I am going to take a break from the game until I see how all this pans out. I love this game, and I feel like my silly character just got a whole lot more boring, he has lost his identity.

Posted by: Katsuki.1674

Katsuki.1674

Overall the wardrobe implementation is very satisfying, the account wide skins and account wide dyes are the most blessing features we have in this patch.

And I can use my outfit in combat = awesome.

Thank you.

(\/) This is bunny.
(=‘.’=) Put him in your signature,
(")
(") And help him conquer the world!

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

Overall the wardrobe implementation is very satisfying, the account wide skins and account wide dyes are the most blessing features we have in this patch.

And I can use my outfit in combat = awesome.

Thank you.

I believe you don’t quite see the whole thing yet. This thing is flawed.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

The town outfit the first one you come with should be endless I don’t like the time limit you have on some I hope the wardrobe gets a update that you can have any skin from any class to mix and match like having a light skin with a a medium skin and for the town outfits I want the mix and match back

Posted by: Xandrian.8304

Xandrian.8304

So I’ve got Mad Memoires: Complete Edition unlocked in my wardrobe, but not Mad Memoires. Why don’t I have the first version of this skin like how I got the first versions of the spinal blades skins?! Is it because I transmuted the complete edition skin?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Well, you can read all his posts. He explains it multiple times.

I see explanations why they abandoned the old town clothes system (didn’t have much support and didn’t contribute to the PvX experience) and couldn’t just convert them to armor skins (each weight class has different “seams” on the model, to make one piece of town clothing a skin for all three weight classes they would need to remodel it three times), but Mr. Johnson says absolutely nothing about why some were made outfits while others were made tonics.

If it was explained it was either by someone else or his post was made in a topic that has been deleted, because it’s not in any of his post history for the past six months.