Game Updates: Wardrobe, Transmutation, Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skylana Bliss.9367

Skylana Bliss.9367

UI Design
– There is an “Equipment” tab INSIDE the “Equipment” tab
* Maybe you could re-name it to “Gear”

Wardrobe

- I like that the “attempt” to improve the system was made.
– I do not like that I now have to pay (transmutation charges / I refuse to grind for free ones) to equip items that were bought from the store and previously had a carrying slot that kept them out of my inventory and bank? For example, the Inventors Sunglasses. Unless I carry them around with me everywhere so that I can equip them for free. The reality is that I still do not have a place to store them unless I want to pay for it. No Thanks.

– Everything else has been covered to death by now. I agree with most all of the complaints.

Hopefully this mess gets cleaned up because as angry as I am I still have some loyalty and do enjoy the game. However, Im currently looking into other games to play and at this point would rather pay a monthly fee.

Posted by: Virtualwargamer.2875

Virtualwargamer.2875

For me the new wardrobe-system has one big flaw. Of course it is not possible to unlock every skin that we possessed in the past. But why are the skins of all the armors and weapons, that we can craft, not unlocked? I am able to craft it, but i have no idea how it looks like? I would appreciate it very much, if you could “fix” this issue.

Posted by: Jaesin.7483

Jaesin.7483

I agree with the frustration of the town clothes but I see a lot of posts about that topic and not so much about the naming of transmuted weapons/armor. So, I would like to reiterate how disappointing it is to see our items list the original, pre transmuted item name instead of the item skin. In fact, I don’t understand why they changed this at all, it was fine the way it was before! I assume most of us want the name of the skin, not the item we used just for the stats. The issue is that all of my characters have cultural armor and weapon skins that fit that character, and I want my “Sorcerer’s” armor to say that, not 6 different pieces with all different names. It may seem trivial, but it’s really frustrating to me.

Please, Anet, I enjoy your game but this is something I really want to see fixed!

After speaking with a guild mate tonight, I came up with an idea that would benefit both sides… if an item is transmuted, the name should be “Stat name” Coat “of the Rune” taking out the ‘look’ name. For example, It would say “Berserker’s Coat of the Mesmer” instead of “Berserker’s Exalted Coat of the Mesmer.” This way, my Sorcerer’s Coat will not be associated with the name Exalted…. the only thing that may be tricky is items with specific name’s like Ogden’s Coat, etc. that do not have the stat in the name… just a thought….

(edited by Jaesin.7483)

Posted by: loper widow.3506

loper widow.3506

I have the title “The Emperor”, which means that I purchased every cultured armor from every tier and every race.
Don’t know if there’s others like me but after paying the almost 650g of armor, I disposed most of it, since I had no space to just hold on to an armor pieces.

Now with this new update, not only it comes with the wardrobe stuff, there’s also an achievement with said clothes.
Do I have to purchase the armor pieces again? Is there any plan to add the pieces to your wardrobe if you have the title?

With this said plus what has been said before, I’ll be waiting for new information and hopefully good news with a new patch.

me and some guildies have the title also, and we are very dissapointed that those sets are not be put in the wardrobe.

its like you say, we bought them spend a lot of money, we have the title as proof, so it can’t be that hard to put those missing cultaral sets in the wardrobe for every emperor

Posted by: jimmybob.5628

jimmybob.5628

I would like to start by saying that the game it self is a grate game but this update seems a bit on the forcing player to buy from the gem store and this is a new low for you game to xmog a item you have to have transmutation crystal that you have to buy of the gem store this to me is rely a good way to get more people to play yes i know you have to fund the game some way but this is not a good way to do it if you want to use you new look then buy transmutation crystal off the Gem store okay. that should have been something you just game to us for being dedicated player but at the same time it a far cray for for a com to do a thing like that with out losing money well that is all i have to say about that i can see this game dropping fast well good luck to you all i hope that you all make up for this with some better

Posted by: amcgamer.6975

amcgamer.6975

I think its reasonable to ask for skins earned from working on events that took a good weeks time to earn should go into skin collection. Again there was no way of knowing 6 months to a year ago that this sort of collection would be added and saving something you loved but couldn’t use and took up an inventory spot is something most wouldn’t have done at that time.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Instead of doing crap like this to nickle and dime us to death through the gem store they could have just put out “expansions” ala GW1 and people would have gobbled them up. Instead we get these blatant money sinks and people get frustrated and determined not to spend their money on gems instead. I know I won’t be spending money in the wardrobe, now, though I’d been planning on dumping a ton into when it was first announced.

I don’t get how Anet can be so disconnected from what its players really want and are happy to pay for.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Annette.6278

Annette.6278

I don’t like that now players can wear outfits over the armor set. It’s not realistic! Even if they can’t wear it while in combat. Don’t like what they do with town clothes and that now we have tonics. Why so many bad changes did we get?

GW2 is almost a perfect MMORPG. Please, DON"T make it in such way like we are stupid.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Logged on to see the changes with the wardrobe.
Just noticed all the living story skins (eg. Toy weapon skins, Holographic Dragon Wing Cover, etc), which I converted into PVP skins (ie. before the wardrobe changes) have now disappeared.
I guess they just want us to regrind them.
Nice.

(edited by BlueZone.4236)

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Just noticed all the living story skins (eg. Toy weapon skins, Holographic Dragon Wing Cover, etc), which I converted into PVP skins (ie. before the wardrobe changes) have now disappeared.
Nice.

Unless it’s a bug, those skins should unlock the moment you go into the Hearts of the Mists. I forgot to do that as well and was wondering where all my PvP unlocks were until I remembered the patch notes mentioning that.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

@Morrigan.2809
but when I convert them I will need transmutation stones to use them right? I already paid for these items.

I noticed this as well. The outfits from the store should have unlimited transmutation because we bought them with real money.

Other armor pieces from the game I don’t mind paying for but the store outfits shouldn’t be limited to 1 use. As it is I bought one last night and now I have to actually wait until my ranger is level 80 before using it or be forced to buy more stones just to be able to convert the look over when he gets max level gear.

To me that’s overboard especially for something I bought already.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Prod.3610

Prod.3610

The ‘treatment’ of town-clothing is a joke.

1. The Outfits i was wearing for Guild-Partys in towns are just not possible anymore. (e.g.: black-red standard Town-Cloth with sunglasses)
  2. Having a second ‘peaceful’ outfit would now take up more space instead of less.
  3. Changing into the Town-Clothing now involves searching through my inventory.
  4. I now have the glorious opportunity to sell my town-cloth at any vendor i meet.
  5. Before this change 100% of guild-mates did change into towncloth for screenshots if asked now 50% will not even know what we are talking about.
  6. Changing the color of Tonic-Town-Cloth is simply not possible.

Now having to explain this last point hurts a little as i thought you were all grown up developers and knew your stuff but it seems you need an explanation like this:

Actions and Items in games have a ‘feel’ connected to them. An attack can feel heavy or light. Crippling/Slow effects can be physically felt by players. These are all things i am sure you know, but it seems like you do not know that how you activate something also changes the feel of something. So if i activate my Town-Cloth by a spell or even worse a tonic they are no longer my cloth they are just an illusion, i could just as well be naked, i do not feel any sense of ownership or connection.

So NO i will not make Clothing-skins. I would love to try to get a refund for my glasses, my drill but it seems the glasses are no longer in the black lion store so if the system changes back there is no way to get them again… way to got to force your players Anet.

The crazy thing about this is that they went through all the hassle to remove the Town-Cloth slots and change everything to tonics when they could have just cashed in on all the people who want to change their 2nd look as well.

(repost from another thread, thank you ‘Hystery’ for the invitation)

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Nice.

Unless it’s a bug, those skins should unlock the moment you go into the Hearts of the Mists. I forgot to do that as well and was wondering where all my PvP unlocks were until I remembered the patch notes mentioning that.

Hmm, that’s odd because now it unlocks.
I actually did enter Hearts of the Mists before, however, I went PvE-> WvW -> HotM.
This time I went PvE -> HotM and it unlocked them (in fact previously it only unlocked the equipped PvP gear). I guess it was a bug, then.
Thanks for making me double check it.

Posted by: Katre.1084

Katre.1084

Well, they went half way to copying the great LOTRO wardrobe system. They might as well go all the way and do themselves a huge favor. Charging for a trans charge each time we want to change our look is only going to make players stop using the wardrobe. If anet thinks that this is going to be a new cash cow (as it is obvious that they are thinking just that)….. I dont see how it will work. Anyway, I was going to drop some cash in the shop, but after what they did to town clothes… nah.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I’d just like to add my name to the list of people totally dissatisfied with how the wardrobe works now (ESPECIALLY with town clothes).

I’ve asked for a refund for all the stupid kittening single piece tonics I got (yeah because I really wanted two of those riding clothes tonics -eyeroll-) and let them know that I won’t be patronizing them with gemstore purchases any more on my refund ticket.

Valve, however, has been getting loads of my business since they added the ability to list TF2 stranges on the marketplace Got rid of loads of the stranges I couldn’t find buyers for before and bought some midweek madness games!

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

Posted by: Tally Dupp.9104

Tally Dupp.9104

I love to fiddle with my look. It is never JUST right, it is always evolving, always getting adjusted. Change that color…find a new set of pants…oh…nice boots. Endlessly.

So now I have this new dye system, where I have a lot more dyes to pick from, including expensive ones I could only afford to have on one character. Account wide dyes…awesome improvement! But…why do I get that no charge pop up….oh…you guys are data mining me…there will be a dye charge…that I have to pay for in gems…bought with real money…in my future.

And this new wardrobe system. Account wide skins in a much improved U. I. Thanks for this upgrade to the armor system. But…wait…you TRIPLED the price I pay to re-skin all the low armors I re-stat as I level up my character. From level 1 to level 79…you TRIPLED the price?!?!!? And the most reliable method to get these new TRIPLE price transmute charges (that triple thing kinda…okay TOTALLY…infuriates me) is to buy them with real money purchased gems?!?!?! You made this much improved wardrobe system….that is UNAFFORDABLE?!?!!?

And the final straw…you blew up the town clothes system…just….why???

Constructive feedback: I would prefer the previous wardrobe/dye system and suggest you revert to the pre April 15th systems. The new mechanics are not a good value and are hurting my gaming experience.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I fully agree with this. I have 7 characters under level 80. Before the patch I had roughly 100 yellow stones, enough to change their outfits every 10 levels, due to completing maps with them. After the patch that number has been reduced to 33. I have been scammed out of 66 stones!

There needs to be a better system in place for levelling characters; they tend to change armor more often then people at high level. This system is a step backwards for anyone who is still levelling characters, especially since transmutation charges from the Cash Shop are more expensive now then the yellow stones were.

I also have many alts, and I too find this to be a real bummer. Also, feeling pretty shafted since I blew a lot of my lowbie transmutation stones before patch was announced and therefore missed out on a lot of charges (I only did map completion on one character and even then I was swimming in stones so I just used them like candy. Welp, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.)

I did have a bunch of transmutation crystals hoarded away at least so I’ll be able to change full outfits maybe twice that way but I would never want to do that on my lowbie toons as it would be a colossal waste of my money. Sigh.

For a game that touts itself as casual-friendly you really dropped the ball on the casuals-centric bits this patch anet.

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

(edited by cakesphere.5910)

Posted by: Retro.6831

Retro.6831

Suggestions
(Apologies if they’ve been made already)

• No Transmutation cost when transmuting to a common (white) quality item. This would allow roleplayers to quickly change their appearance but would render them ineffective in any kind of combat situation.
    • Optionally, allow for two gear sets so players can quickly swap between two sets of gear or roleplayers can quickly swap between cosmetic and combat sets.
  • Town Clothes should be wardrobe options rather than tonics. The point of town clothes is to mix and match various pieces and alter their coloring to obtain a desired look for aesthetic reasons, tonics allow for neither.
  • Outfits should be tonics. If the developers want players to be in a single, all-in-one outfit, Tonics already do this, some even changing the players’ form entirely.
  • Some skin items marked as consumable allow the player to apply that skin to an item for free, but adding it to the wardrobe (and thus, having an all-in-one place for selecting skins) essentially wastes this “Free” transmutation. Perhaps these items could give a free transmutation charge when added to the wardrobe?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t know if this has been raised before but please bring back the keyboard shortcut for switching between armor and outfits.

The current system is very inconvenient – you have to open the Hero panel, switch to the wardrobe and click the tiny check box. It’s not a long process but it’s a lot more awkward than simply pressing one button and it prohibits switching frequently. (Which to my mind is one of the major functions of outfits – if you’re bored with your armor you have a fun alternative easily to hand.)

It wouldn’t completely solve the issues this update introduced but it would go some way towards restoring their original functionality and making them worth having again.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I honestly don’t know if its been mentioned yet or not, and if so I apologize for being redundant, but:

I remember it being said that ALL armor skins that have been unlocked (including those from PvP) were going to be made available in the wardrobe. I know I’ve gotten through a fairly large number of achievement chests and in them I’ve gotten a fair amount of armor skins. I was expecting to see those skins in my wardrobe when i logged in, and they weren’t there. Is there a plan to get them added back to my account or is there a plan to get us something else to replace all of those items that we earned through getting the chests?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I honestly don’t know if its been mentioned yet or not, and if so I apologize for being redundant, but:

I remember it being said that ALL armor skins that have been unlocked (including those from PvP) were going to be made available in the wardrobe. I know I’ve gotten through a fairly large number of achievement chests and in them I’ve gotten a fair amount of armor skins. I was expecting to see those skins in my wardrobe when i logged in, and they weren’t there. Is there a plan to get them added back to my account or is there a plan to get us something else to replace all of those items that we earned through getting the chests?

Have you visited the Heart of the Mists since the update?

I had to go there on each of my characters for their PvP gear (and the stuff in the locker) to be added to the wardrobe.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Have you visited the Heart of the Mists since the update?

I had to go there on each of my characters for their PvP gear (and the stuff in the locker) to be added to the wardrobe.

I’ve visited it with one of my characters. So I have to go there with each of my alts?!? Not sure how that will get all the items that had been in my locker to appear in my wardrobe though. i can check tonight to see if its different though.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

There are both things I like and don’t like about this change. It makes it much easier for my level 80s to get different appearances for different builds, and I don’t have to hoard skins in my inventory because I’m afraid I’ll want them later. However, all of my transmutation stones AND crystals have been devalued. Whereas I only needed 1 stone per piece for my <80s, now I need 3 per piece. The crystals are also devalued because they each have a value of 1 transmutated piece for a character of ANY level, not just level 80. I feel like I can’t use any of my transmutation charges on my characters less than level 80 because then I’ll be wasting the crystals that I PAID for, especially since they’ll just lose the skin in a few levels anyways when I want better armor stats. To keep the value of the transmutation stones and crystals, 1 stone should equal 1 charge and 1 crystal should equal 3 charges. (I had 9 crystals and 26 stones before the update, btw.) Another suggestion is to have a system were you would pay a small fee once to unlock a skin piece for unlimited use. Because the system as it is now will eventually cause me to accumulate armor pieces so as to avoid paying every single time I want to change.

Also, I didn’t play around with town clothes as much as RPers, but I did enjoy them, particularly around Halloween. I want the non-tonic, real wardrobe system to apply to them. I paid real money for that broom, so you had better give me back the product you sold to me, ArenaNet, or give me my real world money back. Same with my transmutation crystals (up their t-charge value, or give me my money). Otherwise, you are thieves.

Posted by: sharkie.1852

sharkie.1852

Is this a kittening joke? Do you have utter disdain for your customers?

Every single one of the (many) items I’ve bought on the gem store have been made utterly kittening useless to me with this “update”.

The town clothes that we’ve been using since launch are gone. The town clothes that we’ve bought are gone. Replacing them with tonics that give us a bright red approximation is an insult. You fill up your cash shop with this stuff and then snatch it away from the people who bought it? And this is the “customization update”? Really?

Shoddy UI, shoddy implementation. Just shoddy practice. If you wanted people to stop trusting you with their money then you should have just asked. Ciao.

Posted by: Cloudwild.4381

Cloudwild.4381

this new sistem has major flaws i mean seriouly what the hell normal town cloth you get from start are now tonics? my hoddie wich i loved and had it customized with dyes with rider pants and rider boots is also now a tonic wich takes inventory space. what kind of joke is this you took a perfect customizing sistem and ruind it. i used to love making my characters town clothes unique and switching betwen them with just pressing a button now we cant. I appreciate what you did with armors but why mess up the cloth sistem with this crap? I want our old 5 slot area we used to have for town cloth customization back with a added extra slot for underwear customization for wen swimsuits comeout.

(edited by Cloudwild.4381)

Posted by: TechBro.8510

TechBro.8510

They won’t bring back town clothes or remove the outfit system because they are greedy and certainly i won’t buy any outfit from them because i can’t dye the pieces how i want, or use pieces independently.
Now they are too busy with that megaserver.We can say goodbye to town clothes.
They will realise their mistake if we’ll stop buying outfits and stuff but until then they will get fed up with money.
I certainly don’t want to look like the guy next to me, and i certainly don’t want to fill up my inventory or my bank slots with garbage/junk/trash called “tonics”.
I wonder what’s next…
Removing map completion transmutation charges?
Character permanent death?
Or a new dota like pvp mod? Oh wait, that would be an improvement and they surely don’t want to do that.
Instead they bring us living world farmfest,thanks but no thanks, we have WoW for that.
The wardrobe it’s a good thing(finnaly i found one)… but now really sunglasses or a quaggan hat(i hope it’s made out of quaggan skin) and HEAVY ARMOR doesn’t look great ,it feels like wearing underwear over the pants.
This update remains a poor and sad late april fools joke.

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

The first window that opens after you press the default H button should be Equipement one. After that there should be an option within this tab to open the Wardrobe and Dyes sub-tabs. As it is now we have a huge window with a lot of space and nothing in it.

See the updated pic for morte info.

Also, as I posted earlier, the renaming of transmutated items should be changed/fixed.

Imagine I want to reskin the Mad Memoires with Desert Rose. I gonna end up with book on my back called like a flower.. other transmutations are even more hilarious.
Just think about it, take Jormag’s Breath. I like it’s stats but I want it to have another skin, Fiery Dragon Sword/Firebringer. I gonna end up with a flame sword named by an Ice Elder Dragon..

Attachments:

Cloudwild.4381

this isint transmutation anylonger its reskin. why ruin the transmutation sistem wich was great? this new update for the game sucks Arena youre ruining the game with this bad move we cant move stats from one gear to another anymore.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They have explained why certain town clothes could not be simply transferred over to armor skins. The town clothes system, as it was originally, was essentially a 4th armor tier and as each one has a different underlying mesh for design, they simply wouldn’t transfer cleanly. Or maybe they would transfer fine for 1 or 2 other tiers, but not another. Any number of reasons. It does not mean they they won’t redesign them at a later point and re-release them.

Costumes were dyeable in GW1, perhaps with time they will be dyeable for GW2. Maybe that component simply hasn’t been designed and added in yet. Maybe if we keep asking for that functionality, they will be nice enough to add it. Might take some time though. All development does.

I do see the issue with the non-salvageable armors (like Karma armor) and the runes they contain. The old trans system allowed us to retain that rune. Perhaps they should simply make these items salvagable again, but make them not give ecto (which was part of the reason they were made non-salvagable to begin with). Additionally, they should not give dark matter either. Should keep any concern for flooding (market for ecto, inventory for dark matter) under control. One a side note, it would be really nice if we could salvage some of the insignia off these….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

Add me to the list of people that are displeased with the names of items. Before the update, I had Infinite Light that I transmuted to an ascended sword for use in Fractals. Now I have Zojja’s Blade with IL’s icon, which is not nearly as neat. Does this have to do with that Legendary skins can be used rather freely, now, and you wish to keep the distinction, or what?
Aside from losing meaningful names, it makes our inventory sort of confusing when the names are so different from how the items look. The look of the item is usually how we identify an item, too, not some random stats. Having all my cultrual items suddenly named after what whatever they got transmuted to, and not the cultural name, feels like a step down. When someone asks what skin we have, we now have to type it out instead of just linking it. This and the additional clicks it takes to anything adds up to a lot of wasted time.

Please consider naming things after the skin and not the random stat.

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

Cloudwild.4381

LanfearShadowflame.3189 what they did is give us a half cooked sistem insted of actualy building something that would work if the town clothes system, as it was originally, was essentially a 4th armor tier then good give it back i prefer that to this crap. some of use payed for our costumes that we loved just to have them turned into some inventory hugging tonic wich we dont want. befor we could easly switch betwen town cloth and armors by pressing a button now its crap. if they realy wanted to fix something they should have started by fixing the game hats coss characters are still bald wen wearing a hats. they should stop messing around with what works and fix what doesent. This new sistem is a ripoff

Posted by: Prod.3610

Prod.3610

I do not know the LOTR system but i could not agree more on the use-frequency of the wardrobe. I used it once to Style my max-lvl-characters the way i want them to look and thats it.

Why I will never buy Transmutation-Charges as they are now:

I, as a rule, only buy permanent additions to my character. The Systems as it is now (and was before to be fair) severely punishes experimentation.

For example: I am in a strange mood, try out some crazy style for my character and then have to change it back the next day.

I just wasted 12-18 Transmutation Charges and they disappeared into the aether without anything to show for it.

Thats about 10€. For that amount of money i could have gotten several decent indie-games. My steam-Library is 368 Games and several DLCs big I have not played half of them and yet i have just twice loaded my GW2 crystal balance and never ever bought Black Lion Keys or Transmutation Charges, because they do not give me any permanent benefit.

How to improve Transmutation Charges:

Make them unlock the new style permanently for the Equipment-piece used upon. This way when i want to go back to an old style i can do so without a barrier. This also makes Transmutation Charges enhance an item instead of just changing it.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Ok, I got a wraith mask that due to being bought in WvW is not salvagable, and I just made an ascended mask. Before it was a simple matter of using a transmutation crystal and I could combine the two. Seeing as my old helm has a rune of divinity in it will I ever be able to combine the two items like I used to? If not I have to say this update is REALLY disappointing.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189 what they did is give us a half cooked sistem insted of actualy building something that would work if the town clothes system, as it was originally, was essentially a 4th armor tier then good give it back i prefer that to this crap. some of use payed for our costumes that we loved just to have them turned into some inventory hugging tonic wich we dont want. befor we could easly switch betwen town cloth and armors by pressing a button now its crap. if they realy wanted to fix something they should have started by fixing the game hats coss characters are still bald wen wearing a hats. they should stop messing around with what works and fix what doesent. This new sistem is a ripoff

Yeah, I got the whole ‘we don’t like the new system’ vibe. Really, I did. I don’t completely agree though. The old system had its flaws. The one also has it flaws. Neither was perfect.

I feel, and I stress that this is only my personal opinion, that the new system could be better than the old one. Does it step on some toes in it’s current form? Yes. However, all changes upset someone, someway. They have stated that they are willing to refund you for any tonic you don’t want. It’s not perfect, but at least its something. They could have just told you ‘deal with it.’

With the old system, there was a lot of calls for them to make town clothes into combat usable items. They did this. However, in doing so they also brought to light that it simply wouldn’t work for all the existing town clothes. One suggestion was to mimic the costume slot of GW1, which also all or nothing with the exception of the head piece. They took this suggestion, to an extent, and applied it to the existing ‘sets.’ For the items they could turn into armor skins, they did so. The rest, they turned into tonics so people could still use them. Those that don’t want them can return them. They have stated that we will see more of these skins in the store eventually, so perhaps some of those that were made tonics will be adapted, in time, to be used in combat.

Cloudwild.4381

well guess that if i want to reskin my clothe ill have to wait till level 80 coss this charges are way to expensive compared to the transmutation stones and crystals. lets see 3 transmutation stones for 1 transmutation charge wtf ? LanfearShadowflame.3189 if youre not gona build good update to a sistem that was already in place then dont. We dont spend money and lots of time tring to get the costumes pices we want combined with the right dyes to create a unique character we love just so they can take it away.
its frustrating and very dissapointing and changes like this can actualy kill a game. just read all the people that got dissapointed to the level they said they arent going to buy anithing from there gemshop ever again coss they feel cheated. Some might go as far as to quit the game coss they dont like the direction this is going in. GW2 was unique now it just feel like there tring to copy LOTR or Wow.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

So um….
Pre-update: I had a frying pan equipped in my town clothes weapon slot.
Post update, I cannot find the pan. Did someone gobble it up?

Pre update: I could mix&match town clothes bits and pieces for the outfit I wanted.
Post update: I have my choice of which town-clothes-uniform to wear. So much for trying to be unique…

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

The first window that opens after you press the default H button should be Equipement one. After that there should be an option within this tab to open the Wardrobe and Dyes sub-tabs. As it is now we have a huge window with a lot of space and nothing in it.

See the updated pic for morte info.

Also, as I posted earlier, the renaming of transmutated items should be changed/fixed.

Imagine I want to reskin the Mad Memoires with Desert Rose. I gonna end up with book on my back called like a flower.. other transmutations are even more hilarious.
Just think about it, take Jormag’s Breath. I like it’s stats but I want it to have another skin, Fiery Dragon Sword/Firebringer. I gonna end up with a flame sword named by an Ice Elder Dragon..

^ this

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

I don’t like that everytime you change a dye of your clothes, the system asks you for a transmutation charge. The dialog box should not exist. In the future, t

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

I think the wardrobe system is great. It makes it much easier to plan an armor set to wear and then go find the pieces to use.

I would like to see a bit more options for sorting however. It would be nice to have the major categories in one group to sort by. For example, dungeon armor, karma armor, cultural armor, etc. Also for weapons. I know you can somewhat get around this with the search, but rather than it breaking down each piece under its respective type, it would just show it all on one line. Same for the weapons as well.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

well guess that if i want to reskin my clothe ill have to wait till level 80 coss this charges are way to expensive compared to the transmutation stones and crystals. lets see 3 transmutation stones for 1 transmutation charge wtf ?

I won’t argue with this. I don’t agree with the conversions either. It should have been 1:1 for stones, 1:3 for crystals, and 1:5 for splitters.

Although, some people have hundreds of stones, so I can understand them not wanting people to be inundated with charges either. They are reducing their revenue stream from armors and weapons with this change. It had to br offset to some extent. The new charges also don’t cost as much as crystals, though they aren’t as low as stones. They compromised with an in the middle price, which is ok. We can also continue to gsain charges from all the things that would have rewarded us with stones in the world (ie, map completion). It only rewards one charge, but they could have removed that completely too, and made us gemstore those items. Compromise. Is it perfect for everyone? No, but it never will be either.

LanfearShadowflame.3189 if youre not gona build good update to a sistem that was already in place then dont. We dont spend money and lots of time tring to get the costumes pices we want combined with the right dyes to create a unique character we love just so they can take it away.

The player based asked them to do something. They did it. It’s not perfect. It’s not exactly what person A wants, or person B wants, but person C likes it. They can’t appease everyone. Beyond that, nothing is set in stone and it could still be adjusted. Perhaps with time they will add the ability to dye costumes. Or maybe enough people never bothered, even with the old system, that they didn’t feel it was worth the coding effort. We don’t / can’t know.

its frustrating and very dissapointing and changes like this can actualy kill a game. just read all the people that got dissapointed to the level they said they arent going to buy anithing from there gemshop ever again coss they feel cheated. Some might go as far as to quit the game coss they dont like the direction this is going in. GW2 was unique now it just feel like there tring to copy LOTR or Wow.

There are always some that end up frustrated or disappointed every patch. Nothing they can do will ever be ‘perfect’ for everyone.

As for people that are saying they will never buy from the gemshop… some won’t, some are just blowing smoke. We see it every update. Every update. I don’t put much stock in it anymore.

Posted by: MoggyLXIX.2891

MoggyLXIX.2891

My only issue with the Wardrobe and transmutation issue is that:
a) My Bloody Prince outfit has disappeared
b) Pre-patch, items under level 80 (0-79) cost 1 transmutation stone to transmute now it is three (1 Charge = 3 Stones).

Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do and die

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

First point: Shoving all complaints into one huge dogpile thread isn’t for ease of reference on your part. Every time you trot out that tired old lie, it’s just flogging your flatlined credibility. There is nothing easy or convenient about digging through this heap. This is about containment and suppression.

Containment, to keep our dissatisfaction from crowding all the happy ignorant fluff threads off the front page, and to make sure the only thread titles for actual discussion of your failures are marketing approved, fully sanitized. Suppression, because it’s impossible to have a discrete conversation about a small part of this fairly involved feature change without following the whole enormous messy thread, and carrying out any such discussion contributes to the overall bloat that intimidates others from joining in. You have corralled us all here because you don’t want us to post, and don’t want anyone to notice or care when we do. This isn’t a feedback thread, it’s an Oubliette.

Second point: Gem refunds for items that you’ve broken are worthless. What’s the difference between a bunch of ruined costume pieces composting in my inventory until I take the time to manually delete them, and a big heap of gems? Nothing. There is no difference. Your gems are trash. You have proven that nothing we buy from you is safe. It doesn’t matter what gorgeous things your art team manages to produce, I will never spend gems again, under any circumstance. You deserve to take the hit in cash refunds and chargeback fees. You have earned that penalty.

Third Point: Now that all Transmutation Charges are unified to Transmutation Crystal rates, why not lock Transmutation out entirely until level 80? I’d hate for some confused nooblet to accidentally use a charge on a low level character to keep a neat sword or his starting class headgear without knowing how badly he’s being ripped off.

Fourth Point: Without the PvP lockers to mix and match armor previews, much of my incentive to hunt down new pieces is suppressed. Why would I waste the time, without the advance certainty that the pieces won’t look like garbage together?

That’s all I’ve got for now on Wardrobe, Transmutation and Outfits. Now to go waste time screaming at the wind about how the Megaserver system is an attack on small-guild RPers.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I would like a refund in gems for my town clothes purchases as they no longer work as advertised. I can no longer mix town clothes, had it have been that way in the beginning I would have purchased less town clothing if any.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

Now to go waste time screaming at the wind about how the Megaserver system is an attack on small-guild RPers.

Great minds think alike. Maybe we should start some kind of petition or something.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

(edited by Hystery.8415)

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Fourth Point: Without the PvP lockers to mix and match armor previews, much of my incentive to hunt down new pieces is suppressed. Why would I waste the time, without the advance certainty that the pieces won’t look like garbage together?

Although the PvP lockers are gone, the feature you’re looking for is part of the bank now, so there’s still an easy way to preview the different possible looks.

Grumble grumble clothing tonics should be outfits grumble.

Attachments:

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Grimloki.2095

Grimloki.2095

every outfit i ever owned shall be in the new wardrobe. but the hell where is my ANET BASECAP ???!!!

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Never forget – see sig!

I wonder. Why cant we toggle off any piece of the outfit I desire?
/s is extremely hot. /me strips off top. /s My goodness isn’t it terribly hot in here? Hey you! Charr! Aren’t you cooking under all that fur? Can I shave you?

oh wait…

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

Although the PvP lockers are gone, the feature you’re looking for is part of the bank now, so there’s still an easy way to preview the different possible looks.

Grumble grumble clothing tonics should be outfits grumble.

Ah, thank you for the good news then!

Suggestion to ANet: put an NPC or something standing by the old locker locations who says something about where to find that same utility now. In fact, make it part of his ambient dialogue as well as something you can ask about with “F”, because the Megaserver dogpile means I’d have to stand around the Heart of the Mists for 20+ minutes before my computer would load all the people there.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Can we get the wardrobe to default to Hero equipment, rather than the wardrobe, or is this a bit of scheme to get people to transmute when they think they are equipping?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

every outfit i ever owned shall be in the new wardrobe. but the hell where is my ANET BASECAP ???!!!

1) You only get the skins of things you got while the patch got live.
2) If you have wore your cap, you have to go to the NPC near the BLT.