Game is beyond boring...

Game is beyond boring...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: davidkevin.3820

davidkevin.3820

The only thing going for it… it’s free. Other than that… well… it’s just boring…. thats all I have to say.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Tribulus.8239

Tribulus.8239

Well it kinda is but… you’ll get used to it

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Kinda agree, I wish mags like PC gamer would re—review the game after it’s 1st year. I think that it wouldn’t be getting a repeat of the positive review that they 1st presented.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us, I really appreciate it. Most useful feedback ever.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us, I really appreciate it. Most useful feedback ever.

Exactly. Much better than if he had said what about the game is boring, or some thoughts he had for improvement.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Kinda agree, I wish mags like PC gamer would re—review the game after it’s 1st year. I think that it wouldn’t be getting a repeat of the positive review that they 1st presented.

This goes beyond GW2.
I wish all reviews for MMO’s would be taken down and redone annually. They are very rarely the same game originally reviewed and is very misleading information on a game.
Some games you search for reviews on and they’re all 3 years old from back when (insert MMO here) was new. How accurate could that possibly be currently?
Strictly GW2 speaking, I would also like to see the same reviewers who did reviews within the first couple weeks of launch re-review it now a year later.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Thanks for sharing, goodbye.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

@ the OP:

I am sorry you don’t enjoy the game. Things that are boring for you may not be for other people. For instance: Some people like to grind. Others don’t. Some people like dungeons, some people don’t. Some people like to chew through all the content as fast as humanly possible, and others don’t, etc.

Personally, I am enjoying the game. I am not bored in the least.

In the words of Windu: Thanks for sharing…Goodbye…

Level 80 Elementalist

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That would make GW2 the least boring though, considering all other current MMOs out there are either awful, or koreanly awful.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

alright. /shrug. I feel like the game is fantastic and a lot of fun.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think in some ways, the game has improved since launch. I think in other ways, the game has gotten worse since launch.

Over all, I’m still enjoying myself, but I’d prefer that some of the post launch changes never happened. However, I do enjoy most parts (not all) of the Living Story.

Is the game boring? I don’t know. I’m having too much fun with my guild to figure that out. lol

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Shrike.3154

Shrike.3154

We need new maps, new races and better world vs world

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Yet the game is still a success for you. Since you have played the game, and tried out all content (I assume).

How many hours is that? 60+?

money well spent i would say. Worse games out there that only give 5 hours total game time and sell for $60.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I don’t think the game is boring at all. I love it.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Yet the game is still a success for you. Since you have played the game, and tried out all content (I assume).

money well spent i would say. Worse games out there that only give 5 hours total game time and sell for $60.

I played about 3000 hours of GW2, and I can happily say I should’ve spent my money on a game that would’ve given me 5 hours of gameplay. That game would’ve left me with some type of happy ending or a fulfillment of playing.

Guild Wars 2 was fun for the first few hours until I hit 80 and then the fun just slowly dissipated until it vanished and was replaced with work. No feeling of fulfillment. No feeling of joy. No feeling of accomplishment.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I played about 3000 hours of GW2, and I can happily say I should’ve spent my money on a game that would’ve given me 5 hours of gameplay. That game would’ve left me with some type of happy ending or a fulfillment of playing.

Guild Wars 2 was fun for the first few hours until I hit 80 and then the fun just slowly dissipated until it vanished and was replaced with work. No feeling of fulfillment. No feeling of joy. No feeling of accomplishment.

3000 hours? This games been out, what, ~400 days?

3000hours/400day = 7.5 hours a day? 52 hours a week. No wonder why you’re burned out, you play longer than most people work.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

(edited by Xista.7391)

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

3000hours/400day = 7.5 hours a day? 52 hours a week. No wonder why you’re burned out, you play longer than most people work.

(400×24)÷3000=3.2 hrs daily. That seems more manageable than 7.5 hrs daily. Even so I would be bored too if I played this game daily even for that amount of time. No wonder your burned out and feel like it’s a job. TAKE A BREAK!

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

(400×24)÷3000=3.2 hrs daily. That seems more manageable than 7.5 hrs daily. Even so I would be bored too if I played this game daily even for that amount of time. No wonder your burned out and feel like it’s a job. TAKE A BREAK!

I think there’s something wrong with your math. 3.2 hours/day comes out to 1280 hours played over 400 days. When you’re calculating hours/day, you take the total number of hours played, and divide it by the total number of days played. What you did was…actually I have no idea what you did.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Game is beyond boring...

Xista.7391

I’d recheck your units on that calculation there.

Game is beyond boring...

Xista.7391

You took (hours*days)/hours. Your answer comes out to days.

Game is beyond boring...

Quarktastic.1027

400 days.
24 hours are in a day.
400 × 24 = 9, 600 hours available in 400 days
This player has 3,000 hours logged
9, 6000 ÷ 3,000 = 3.2 hours

Dividing 3, 000 by 400 gives you 7.5 but doesn’t add in the fact that each day contains 24 hrs.

3.2 doesn’t add up to 3,000. I’m missing something in my proration, true, but I’m not sure what.

There are 9600 hours in 400 days. 3000 of those hours were spent on GW2. 3000/9600 is 31.25% or 0.3125. 31.25% of one day is 7.5 hours.

So your equation looks like: 3000/(400×24) 24. Ultimately it’s just easier to use the equation: Hours/Days.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

3.2 days per hour lol
edit: nvm, I need sleep. ^ got it right

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

That was actually supposed to be 2000 hours. My bad.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Game is beyond boring...

Quarktastic.1027

That was actually supposed to be 2000 hours. My bad.

Still, 5 hours a day is more than your average part time job. My suggestion, TAKE A BREAK! It might do you some good.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Or get a part time job, you’ll make more money. Most people enjoy more money. :P

Also the game isn’t free OP. There just isn’t a sub.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Yeah. Take a break. Come back and realize the game is still boring because 85% of the content updates have been recycled content that you’ve done before, only now you get a different reward and you’re in a different zone. By the time you’re back, they’ll have a new grind method for you to enjoy for a bit. Maybe instead of champs, you’ll be farming the critters that inhabit the areas.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Welcome to MMOs

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

400 days.
24 hours are in a day.
400 × 24 = 9, 600 hours available in 400 days
This player has 3,000 hours logged
9, 6000 ÷ 3,000 = 3.2 hours

Dividing 3, 000 by 400 gives you 7.5 but doesn’t add in the fact that each day contains 24 hrs.

3.2 doesn’t add up to 3,000. I’m missing something in my proration, true, but I’m not sure what.

What you’re trying to calculate is 3000 / (400 × 24) = 0.3125
ie. just under 1/3 of a single day playing the game every day.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I like how this thread became a math lesson. Just saying.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Game is beyond boring...

Vayne.8563

Then you didn’t stop playing in time and it’s your own fault. You can’t fault a game company for you doing something you don’t enjoy. If you stopped when you were starting to not enjoy it, you’d have gotten your money’s worth.

Game is beyond boring...

Vayne.8563

I’ve played even more than Galtrix and I’m not bored. Of course, I make my own entertainment and have a great guild.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Chipofsalt.4673

Chipofsalt.4673

…Of course, I make my own entertainment and have a great guild.

This guy knows. What people don’t understand is that in order to have fun in an MMO, you need to create your own story/goals. If you wander around aimlessly, of course it won’t be any fun for you.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

we need roles. yes, roles. and content to fit the roles.

roles like: soaker, buffer, debuffer, CC, ranged DPS, melee DPS, healer etc.
and before the anti trinity choir wakes up and start singing;
we were actually promised that every class can play what he want, not that all classes can play only DPS.

that’s why each class has two offensive trees and two defensive trees, that’s why every class can have all stats combination on armor, so I can chose to play tank rogue or healer warrior and they will be as good as everything else but in reality there are no roles and no content.

just for example; arah explorer- mob pack guarding the archway, two high HP ranged mobs that killshot you if they manage land their shot and two low HP CC mobs that channel stun. a perfect party killer combo for the unaware first time group the little mob stun you while the big mob oneshot you from range.

in any other MMO that has a little respect for itself, the thief in my party would stun ranged mob A, the elementalist would make an ice cube on ranged mob B. then the rest of the party would kill the low HP stunners. after their demise we would killed the ranged one by one. depend on CC duration left.
(not a word on tank/healer because this is not about tanking and healing!)
in this game there are only two options availible:

option A: we reach the group,
the thief cast shadow refuge, the elementalist cast haste and we run pass the mobs unseen on 90% of the encounters.

option B: all the players jump in one pile of the mobs trying to maw them down fast , dodging the killshots and the stuns, trying to kill the mobs before running out of endurance to doge the next lethal attack.

its boring, boring, boring.
all the dungeons feel exactly the same, skip or DPS. only the scenery changes.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

we need roles. yes, roles. and content to fit the roles.

roles like: soaker, buffer, debuffer, CC, ranged DPS, melee DPS, healer etc.
and before the anti trinity choir wakes up and start singing;
we were actually promised that every class can play what he want, not that all classes can play only DPS.

that’s why each class has two offensive trees and two defensive trees, that’s why every class can have all stats combination on armor, so I can chose to play tank rogue or healer warrior and they will be as good as everything else but in reality there are no roles and no content.

just for example; arah explorer- mob pack guarding the archway, two high HP ranged mobs that killshot you if they manage land their shot and two low HP CC mobs that channel stun. a perfect party killer combo for the unaware first time group the little mob stun you while the big mob oneshot you from range.

in any other MMO that has a little respect for itself, the thief in my party would stun ranged mob A, the elementalist would make an ice cube on ranged mob B. then the rest of the party would kill the low HP stunners. after their demise we would killed the ranged one by one. depend on CC duration left.
(not a word on tank/healer because this is not about tanking and healing!)
in this game there are only two options availible:

option A: we reach the group,
the thief cast shadow refuge, the elementalist cast haste and we run pass the mobs unseen on 90% of the encounters.

option B: all the players jump in one pile of the mobs trying to maw them down fast , dodging the killshots and the stuns, trying to kill the mobs before running out of endurance to doge the next lethal attack.

its boring, boring, boring.
all the dungeons feel exactly the same, skip or DPS. only the scenery changes.

True.
Inside the game, in PvE that is, it’s always DPS check. It’s bland, it’s boring.

It’s like eating plain Oatmeal everyday.

I liked the idea on where we’re supposed to be able to play any role – but most is just not viable.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

You can already play multiple roles, DPS just happens to be a bit more efficient than the rest.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Fun is subjective, OP.
Some people love board games, I fall asleep at the first turn.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Still playing, but it’s getting boring…………..

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Then stop playing………….. You want to be bored though, go for it.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Then stop playing………….. You want to be bored though, go for it.

Just saying, I know all about the “Stop playing bit”.

And I did say I was getting bored, not totally bored yet.

I’ve got to the stage where I have a fair few achievements to complete, so I think I’ll go and do those a bit at a time, so away I go all merry, do a couple of things and sort of think, why bother.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Yeah. Take a break. Come back and realize the game is still boring because 85% of the content updates have been recycled content that you’ve done before, only now you get a different reward and you’re in a different zone. By the time you’re back, they’ll have a new grind method for you to enjoy for a bit. Maybe instead of champs, you’ll be farming the critters that inhabit the areas.

You know, your recent negativity on the forums is REALLY bringing me down. Go play WoW or something. Just because you’re bad at GW2 doesn’t mean you should talk bad about it on the forums all the time.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Daghet.8932

Daghet.8932

We need new maps, new races and better world vs world

If your on the forums, do you not realize the new WvW features coming up? Seasons? Anet is doing an amazing job at bringing us NEW content every 2 weeks, plus still making major overhauls to already existing content.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

I’ve clocked 370 hours which in my personal gaming experience, the longest I’ve ever played for any game of any genre over the past few decades. And I’m still having a blast with this game. There is always new and fresh content. Some may not have appealed to me but the world is never exactly the same as it was before from launch days.

And I’ve got great friends and guild mates that I’ve met during my adventures in GW 2. Maybe that’s why I’ve never felt like this game was ever a chore. Because I play with moderation and a reasonable perception where I’d appreciate the effort put in with all the finer details.

Sure could do with a couple of bug fixes though.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Really? Weren’t you the OP of some “GW2 is great” thread 15 days ago? That very thread were I posted a quote of yours massively dismissing the game? Now you are back with spitting in the same plate you eat from. Something just isn’t right.

I don’t always stalk players, but when I do, I stalk people whose thought process confuzzles me.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

In your opinion gw2 is boring. In my opinion gw2 is a lot of fun. Opinions are a great thing, right?

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The only thing going for it… it’s free. Other than that… well… it’s just boring…. thats all I have to say.

Very constructive post with lots of feedback and critisism.

I take it you are one of the new trial accounts that got a free account and came on the forums just to start a pointless conversation. Only thing missing from your post is “<insert MMO name> does it a lot better”, but I guess you didn’t want to be so obvious you are trolling.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I hate raisins.

I love dried currents.

This does not really make any sense from a logical stand point. I don’t however feel obligated to share this issue with others except when I see one of these personal opinion posts that have no purpose other than to create an argument and incite a flame war.

If it was constructive and perhaps elaborated on your areas of interest and gave some suggestions for improvement it would be appreciated. As it stands this opinion thread is none of the above.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Im not bored with the game. Im just looking for content to use my 80 where they are not down-leveled constantly. Im bored with the current “high level” content because Ive done it a fair number of times already due to its limited nature. Thats the only real issue for me, lack of content for high level characters.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I liked the idea on where we’re supposed to be able to play any role – but most is just not viable.

Then surely the issue isn’t the lack of roles, but a) the lack of viability of ‘roles’ and b) the lack of content that requires these ‘roles’?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Then surely the issue isn’t the lack of roles, but a) the lack of viability of ‘roles’ and b) the lack of content that requires these ‘roles’?

Yeah. As I stated – majority, if not all of the content just needs DPS checks. If you spec’d for full support – chances are you’re least useful.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Game is beyond boring...

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I’m curious and have question for ya, how long/much have you been playing?

Me, I started at launch, skipped beta for being scared of burnout.
Played quite heavily and regularly until the infamous karka event.
Started getting bored like you right around living story (signs for the refugees did it lol)
I stopped right around that time frame.

I tell ya, the break was great, even though I missed a couple event and backpieces
I no longer have the urge what so ever, that makes me feel like I have to grind all these not so exciting achievements.

Whoa, tangent question is are you bored or burnt out?