Game is too easy.

Game is too easy.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

There is nothing Anet can do to make it any harder and they wouldn’t if they could.

Look at Tequatl. The first couple of weeks the forums were plastered with “Teq too hard” and players were angry or disappointed. I was disappointed with the time limit and that was all. IMO there should have been perimeters that decided a fail or win such as not defending one of the batteries. These days the only people who do Tequatl are guilds or certain servers who decided to “man up”. Only 2 or 3 servers ever do Teq now.

In GW2 early stages the Open World/PvE mobs were difficult to kill for the inexperienced player. Sadly these inexperienced players would rather cry on the forums than to just get better at the game. (I wont say casual because a player can be casual and still be good at the game). So Anet had no choice but to make PvE mobs toys for toddlers to crash their #1 into. The other skills on the skill bar actually had use in PvE at one point. Cripple was my favorite condition back then and now I don’t have to mitigate damage anymore because PvE mobs do nil.

GW2 can never be made challenging because it is too late. If I wanted to change something I would give PvE mobs more skills to use and shorter cooldowns for said skills.

GW2 is really just an RPG and players should treat the game like an RPG. If you know about Tarnished Coast you know what I am talking about. It is actually fun roleplaying in a roleplaying game. The game is easy enough so RPers can get to anywhere in Tyria and do their Rping.

It is not only Anet’s fault that the game is too easy. It is also the player’s fault for not playing the game right. Terms like “farming” , “raiding” , “grinding”, “zerging”, “BiS” are what made this game what it is. These terms came from players who played traditional MMOs like WoW. I am a GW1 vet and not once wanted to keep running on a gear treadmill.

Should Anet have kept to their GW1 fan base and stuck with the Manifesto? I think yes.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Should Anet have kept to their GW1 fan base and stuck with the Manifesto? I think yes.

Write that kitten thing off and get on with your life. Its too late.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

You want a “Hardmode”? Play a Ranger. Boom, hardmode. Have fun getting a group for a dungeon or doing as much damage as any of the other classes.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

My main is a Ranger. Not any harder than any other profession. I have leveled them all to 80 and Ranger is actually the easiest because of its simplicity. Sit at range with a longbow , command pet to attack first and Boom , easy peasy mode.

I easily get groups for dungeons all the time. I can get into CoF, Arah, Fotm, and CoE no problem……. My zerker dps is as high if not higher than a GS war zerker. You obviously don’t know how to play Ranger Galtrix, no offense. Feel free to reply with disgust if you like.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

My main is a Ranger. Not any harder than any other profession. I have leveled them all to 80 and Ranger is actually the easiest because of its simplicity. Sit at range with a longbow , command pet to attack first and Boom , easy peasy mode.

I easily get groups for dungeons all the time. I can get into CoF, Arah, Fotm, and CoE no problem……. My zerker dps is as high if not higher than a GS war zerker. You obviously don’t know how to play Ranger Galtrix, no offense. Feel free to reply with disgust if you like.

Haha, I’m not one of those people that sends hate messages over a forum. But I have played a Ranger since Guild Wars 1 and have experimented with many, many builds for years. I basically studied Rangers in Guild Wars 1 and I continued that obsession in Guild Wars 2, but couldn’t get the same effect as I did in GW1. I found that the Ranger’s damage is the second worst in the game, only above Engineers. But opinions are opinions.

If you truly are serious about wanting the game to be harder, level an Elementalist and try not to die while completing personal story and doing dungeons.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Game is too easy.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Chewie, you’re off on your numbers. By the damage calculation, with the weapon coefficients, it’s impossible to out-damage other classes on the ranger. (This isn’t counting pet damage, since pets are just broken.)

Taken on their own, the way the game is coded, it simply can’t be done. It’s not a matter of skill, it’s a matter of game mechanics. Ranger weapons/attacks are about 30% weaker than all the other class’s weapons.

No offense taken here – just simple fact.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

There are 2 reasons why rangers are so hated in dungeon parties is (If you think that there is no discrimination against rangers than you are deluded)

1: Noob rangers that can’t control there pets which agro unnecessary mobs
2: Noob rangers that just spam all there skills (LB skill 4 mainly) and push the mobs away from the melee as the are about to burst. (Makes me want to kick them in the junk when that happens, and they do it all the effin time)

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This is a view I’ve seen a lot of on the forums here, and sadly not particularly well written and overly egoistic. However my question is – Are there many MMOs with significantly more challenging open world combat than GW2? What’s your frame of reference here? None that I have played seemed particularly challenging. There’s always been difficult areas, most of them instanced, but the general game play is typically quite ‘casual’.

Also, your last paragraph makes no sense to me. The very existence of these terms makes the game what it is? Or do you believe that the fact the players acknowledge them has somehow influenced the developers?

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

I’d love to see your video soloing Lupi with no gear and only level 1 weapons.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Khai.6435

Khai.6435

In solo PVE the ranger is very easy to play; it was my first 80 of seven.

It does excellent damage when specc’d properly and brings good utilities just not as many.

With guildmates the ranger was never an issue; however amongst the optimizers who focus on fractions of dps or seconds of time to complete a dungeon they factor lower.

And you will get ignored by optimizers doing dungeons.

That is what the game is becoming about; with the increase in grind in order to get any facsimile of a reward people are choosing the paths which optimize acquiring those rewards.

They will take classes which have 5% more dps.

They will take classes which can absorb 10% more damage.

They will take classes with more direct utility.

They don’t care about you; they care about gathering as much crafting material as fast as possible.

The game is easy;

It is so easy that finishing a dungeon in 8 minutes vice 9 minutes is the only thing that matters.

Because in a game lacking any sense of skill based metric; it’s all you have.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Funny thing is that any real optimizer understands that the sort of things the Ranger CAN bring to the table make them very useful (like Spotter and Frost Spirit)… provided said Ranger knows what they are actually doing.

It’s a rather weird duality… Ranger is easy play, but it’s a lot trickier to play WELL and keep up with the others.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet doesn’t really understand their own game’s mechanics well enough to design challenging content.

Look at all the mobs who spam conditions with practically zero recharge — Anet doesn’t seem to realize that that negates the whole mechanic of condition management/removal from the encounter.

They really need some help in this department and I think bringing in some top players (dungeons, PvP, WvW, etc.) to give some advice would be a great help.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Want hard, use white items and not exotic/ascended.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Well OP, the big problem with the whole “Making the game hard” thing is that, the harder you make a game, the more niche you make the game, and therefore the less money you bring in, and the less money you bring in the less the devs can work on the game to make it better.

This is ultimately the biggest drawback to making the game your game. People play GW2 for a variety of reasons, and not all of them do it to be challenged. Aimless and nonspecific rants about the subject don’t help anyone. So, in the end you have to explain something to Anet:

#1: Why it is you and your kin are more important than others who disagree with you. Or,
#2: Why it is your ideas for changing the game will make more money and make it better.

And please don’t pick #1. I’m tired of people picking #1.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

I agree. Many PvE zones are not challenging at all.
This why many people consider WvW to be the end game, it’s more challenging to fight against real people than doing the actual PvE content.

As long as full Zerk people can solo PvE maps by themselves with little difficulty, (which means also weak rewards, because it’s too accessible) there is little interest to redo the zones.

Nightmare Tower was a good step in the right direction, though.
We need more reason to play with team / guild mates, to support each other in gameplay.

(edited by Antares.2586)

Game is too easy.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Well, I don’t know. I don’t find the game easy peasy – yes, I’m not an experienced player, but I certainly know my way around the skills and never do I just sit back and spam skill 1 at mobs. But in terms of any other MMO I’ve tried (again, I don’t have very extensive experience), I think GW2 is more challenging in that I do actually have to react to things around me. The most recent MMO I’ve played, for example, is Tera, and I found that much easier to do since the movement is more restricted and it’s closer to the usual set up of MMOs (trinity) even though there is more movement and dodging ability than in some others.

This isn’t at all me sitting here saying that GW2 is hard – it isn’t particularly. But I don’t think it’s faceroll easy either. I’m sure that for many people who have years of experience playing these kinds of games it is, but for the many people who aren’t among the elite (and don’t underappreciate yourselves, a LOT of “elite” players post on the forums which makes it seem like everyone is of a certain level, which isn’t true for the vast majority) I think it’s difficulty is probably fairly normal standard.

Yes, there are a few mechanisms and mobs that could certainly be made more interesting (world bosses for instance do tend to lean towards the “just push 1” variety), but as a whole, I find the balance to be ok. I don’t think they could make the game harder without alienating a lot of players (not even including anyone whining on the forum and wanting stuff handed to them on a platter – I’m not one of those and I like to work at what I achieve, I just feel that I do).

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Interesting point- the game was much harder in the beginning- both because it was actually harder and we were also not so familiar with the mechanics.

Back then I used to play with my husband and he had no problem whatsoever- he stopped playing round about January to play Battlefield3/4 mostly and he pops in every now and again if I ask him to help me with something I can’t solo.

Interesting thing is he ends up dying within a few minutes of logging on and I usually end up having to keep him alive until he rage quits- he claims the combat is too chaotic and difficult and everything one-shots you.
now this is the same person who stayed alive forever back when the game was actually hard.

So i am thinking that many of us have been playing so long that by now it is second nature to us- we know the mechanics and we know our classes.
I don’t think the game is too easy.
I have a few friends who are completely new and they are finding it very very hard compared to other MMO’s

Most content is just trivialized by zerg play. That is not the fault of the content

Another thing- there is harder content available but how many people actually do it in stead of just running the champ train in Queens?

I think Anet does a good job of keeping a balance between challenging and relaxing content- there are different kinds of players that play for different reasons after all.

Gunnar’s Hold

Game is too easy.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Interesting point- the game was much harder in the beginning- both because it was actually harder and we were also not so familiar with the mechanics.

Back then I used to play with my husband and he had no problem whatsoever- he stopped playing round about January to play Battlefield3/4 mostly and he pops in every now and again if I ask him to help me with something I can’t solo.

Interesting thing is he ends up dying within a few minutes of logging on and I usually end up having to keep him alive until he rage quits- he claims the combat is too chaotic and difficult and everything one-shots you.
now this is the same person who stayed alive forever back when the game was actually hard.

So i am thinking that many of us have been playing so long that by now it is second nature to us- we know the mechanics and we know our classes.
I don’t think the game is too easy.
I have a few friends who are completely new and they are finding it very very hard compared to other MMO’s

Most content is just trivialized by zerg play. That is not the fault of the content

Another thing- there is harder content available but how many people actually do it in stead of just running the champ train in Queens?

I think Anet does a good job of keeping a balance between challenging and relaxing content- there are different kinds of players that play for different reasons after all.

^^^really good points. Even I notice how much better I am now than when I started. I’ll start a new Necro, for instance, and wonder why I ever thought the class was at all tricky – but of course I have one at 80 and she has been my main for a good few months, so of course I’m familiar with how they play. When I try out a totally different build on the same char, however, it’s suddenly a bit trickier. People, without fail, stick to the familiar, even those who have become so used to the norm that it can bore them to tears. I do sometimes think that while there are people who will cry that something is too difficult before they’ve spent any time on it, there are also those who will cry that something is too easy when they haven’t done anything it all to challenge themselves.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I agree that the game is too easy and I think they made a mistake removing the MF mechanic as it was cause I think that was the only option to fix the difficulty level. Thing is Gw2 is designed in a way so that no armor tier is required. I played some Alts with gear I got from drops at max level that meant mostly blues some greens and 1 or 2 yellows. Some of the equipment wasnt even level 80 and I could easily solo everything.

Its the curse of having a game that has vertical progression that is entirely optional. That means content is designed to balance around 45% of the stats provided by Best in Slot.

I think MF could have been the solution to this problem. It really just needed serious boosting in my opinion. using MF should have kitten people severely, I am thinking even 1 extra level down-scaled per 2x rune and of course that would be offset by real boosts in reward say 100% increase in xp / gold / karma per rune as well as chances of better rewards (full set of runes would make you 3 levels below the area you’re playing. but give you 6x the xp, gold and karma as well as make exotic drops as common as rare drops without mf and give a chance of named exotics / precursor drops rare as much as having a regular exotic drop is now.)

But short of this I dont know what can be done really. If they do really challenging content for people who have BiS armor / weapons it means BiS would be mandatory, if they balance content for any armor tier it means characters with BiS will always find that content easy.

And I still didnt factor in builds (someone who specs support needs to be able to tackle the same content that someone specked in berserker gear can) as well as skill.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Because hard=more annoying.
From perma-conditions(screw you tower of nightmares) to downright meele hate like slavedriver cof p1(who cares) and molten fractal first champ it all boils down to kitten ing people off. Difficult content should revolve around mechanics but anet believes people want less Lupi and more Mai Trin for some reason. It might be true. Inb4 Mai Trin has mechanics.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Because hard=more annoying.

At least as soon if you need to farm content. Hard is fine maybe for the very first time, but as soon as you need to repeat content again and again it started to gets only annoying if mobs are bags of hitpoints, have oneshot hits every now and then and cripple and disable you all the time or whatever.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

that’s how pve generally works for every game. once you’ve committed the scripted fight to memory it’s cake.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Haha, I’m not one of those people that sends hate messages over a forum. But I have played a Ranger since Guild Wars 1 and have experimented with many, many builds for years. I basically studied Rangers in Guild Wars 1 and I continued that obsession in Guild Wars 2, but couldn’t get the same effect as I did in GW1. I found that the Ranger’s damage is the second worst in the game, only above Engineers. But opinions are opinions.

Actually when played in their max dps meta builds, rangers have the third-highest dps of all, mesmers being the worst.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Since when in any MMO was equal level open-world content difficult? I can’t think of a time.

If you want the open-world to be difficult, fight something 5 levels higher than you, with only blues or greens on. Trust me, it’s totally possible to challenge yourself.

Also, the flaw of just spamming 1 to succeed in content is a consequence of event-design and encounter scaling. Anet recognizes this and is improving on both their monster AI and the variables used in scaling. Nightmare Tower was a great step up for monster design, difficulty, and synergy.

I do wish the Queensdale farm were nerfed in some way, but I’m not too sure which direction would be the best to take.

• They can’t just kill the ability to get max level loot in any zone, because that would only create even more ghost towns.
  • They can’t increase scaling on the Queensdale champs because then natural Queensdale players would find the encounter extremely too difficult.
  • I’d hate to say just nerf the drops on champions, especially champions that are lower level to the player, because that once again removes incentive to revisit older areas.

Personally, I feel respawn timers for the Queensdale champs just need to be increased dramatically. It might penalize people leveling up in Queensdale a little bit, but I feel the benefit would far outweigh the cost.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Game is too easy.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Run around Orr by yourself for a while. Try to take out some of the events there (not just the temples). It’s difficult (at least for me). Mostly because the risen just keep coming.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Jelger.6758

Jelger.6758

that’s how pve generally works for every game. once you’ve committed the scripted fight to memory it’s cake.

^ This mostly, there’s still room for improvement to bosses, monsters and fight mechanics in general but let’s be honest… nothing really stays kittence you know how to counter it. one shot AoE field around a boss? 2 sec wait into a dodge roll and keep on nuking lads. Harpies causing you problems son? Take out the anti projectiles!

So what is it that creates challenge if not the timing of dodge rolls or specific counter mechanics like anti projectiles? Synergy between classes? Banners, FGJ, frost spirit, spotter, fire field stacking etc. etc. is commonly used synergy. Sure this is all offensive stacking but having to do defensive stacking would actually make the content even easier: stack protection, frost aura, toughness traits and water field healing spam. Or should we kite stack? Swiftness uptime, line of warding, (AoE) cripple/chilled, lightning fields, fears etc. Is there really more challenge here? That would create an everyone go tank/heal/kite ‘meta’. If you want the game to demand there’s one of everything we’re basically back to a pigeonholding trinity.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree, PvE feels too easy for me as well, but what actions can we perform in game that would make which content Anet could throw at us challenging?
Is fotm not loaded with mechanics that are really challenging the first time you see them? In other games with difficult PvE content it’s often because they throw a lot of slightly different alterations at you. Combine that with continuous gear progression and you have a game that feels really hard initially but becomes more manageable in a controllable time span.

There is even less room for challenging content in world exploring since the ways to counter this is even harder without homogenizing the classes or setting demanding a certain gear standard. Another way to create difficulty in mmo’s/rpg’s is to have health/resources not regenerate and use different abilities or items to close this gap (think of potion spamming or resting in between combat). There is also the unforgiving way that we experience in super adventure box hardmode: execute a sequence perfectly or try again. Many of the more oldskool games that people call hard or challenging fall in this category.

Soooo, how would you like to see GW2 become more challenging in a sensible matter?

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I do wish the Queensdale farm were nerfed in some way, but I’m not too sure which direction would be the best to take.

• They can’t just kill the ability to get max level loot in any zone, because that would only create even more ghost towns.
  • They can’t increase scaling on the Queensdale champs because then natural Queensdale players would find the encounter extremely too difficult.
  • I’d hate to say just nerf the drops on champions, especially champions that are lower level to the player, because that once again removes incentive to revisit older areas.

Personally, I feel respawn timers for the Queensdale champs just need to be increased dramatically. It might penalize people leveling up in Queensdale a little bit, but I feel the benefit would far outweigh the cost.

off-topic much?
go create another kill-the-queensdale-train thread if you need a soapbox this badly.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Game is too easy.

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

^ This mostly, there’s still room for improvement to bosses, monsters and fight mechanics in general but let’s be honest… nothing really stays kittence you know how to counter it. one shot AoE field around a boss? 2 sec wait into a dodge roll and keep on nuking lads. Harpies causing you problems son? Take out the anti projectiles!

So what is it that creates challenge if not the timing of dodge rolls or specific counter mechanics like anti projectiles? Synergy between classes? Banners, FGJ, frost spirit, spotter, fire field stacking etc. etc. is commonly used synergy. Sure this is all offensive stacking but having to do defensive stacking would actually make the content even easier: stack protection, frost aura, toughness traits and water field healing spam. Or should we kite stack? Swiftness uptime, line of warding, (AoE) cripple/chilled, lightning fields, fears etc. Is there really more challenge here? That would create an everyone go tank/heal/kite ‘meta’. If you want the game to demand there’s one of everything we’re basically back to a pigeonholding trinity.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree, PvE feels too easy for me as well, but what actions can we perform in game that would make which content Anet could throw at us challenging?
Is fotm not loaded with mechanics that are really challenging the first time you see them? In other games with difficult PvE content it’s often because they throw a lot of slightly different alterations at you. Combine that with continuous gear progression and you have a game that feels really hard initially but becomes more manageable in a controllable time span.

There is even less room for challenging content in world exploring since the ways to counter this is even harder without homogenizing the classes or setting demanding a certain gear standard. Another way to create difficulty in mmo’s/rpg’s is to have health/resources not regenerate and use different abilities or items to close this gap (think of potion spamming or resting in between combat). There is also the unforgiving way that we experience in super adventure box hardmode: execute a sequence perfectly or try again. Many of the more oldskool games that people call hard or challenging fall in this category.

Soooo, how would you like to see GW2 become more challenging in a sensible matter?

Simple. Instanced hardcore permanent content that rewards you. Bring back UW, FoW and DoA. Or make up 3 new places. Idc. As long as its hard and only a small percentage of the community can actually do it.

Rewards are extremely important as well. Risk vs. Rewards in gw2 is so broken though i doubt they would ever get it right.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Game is too easy.

Behellagh.1468

Since when in any MMO was equal level open-world content difficult? I can’t think of a time.

If you want the open-world to be difficult, fight something 5 levels higher than you, with only blues or greens on. Trust me, it’s totally possible to challenge yourself.

Also, the flaw of just spamming 1 to succeed in content is a consequence of event-design and encounter scaling. Anet recognizes this and is improving on both their monster AI and the variables used in scaling. Nightmare Tower was a great step up for monster design, difficulty, and synergy.

A way to nerf champ trains, but I don’t think they have the underlying tech to implement it, is to treat zone champs like world bosses but with a shorter timer. They still spawn regularly but you only get a champ reward once every hour or two. Much longer than it takes for a circuit of the train. This way champs are still worth something for the passing player to participate to get but not so much for champ farmers unless they move the train from zone to zone.

But like I said, the problem is with the underlying tech needed. Right now world bosses are just marked as done once with the 0Z reset clearing that flag so you can get the chest. No list of timers required for all the regular champs in all the zones per player.

RIP City of Heroes

Game is too easy.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If the game is so easy. Why don’t you go and solo some level 80 champs in Orr, or South sun.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Game is too easy.

rjnemer.7816

If the game is so easy. Why don’t you go and solo some level 80 champs in Orr, or South sun.

No offense but that is the DUMBEST response i have ever seen (that wasnt a purposeful troll).

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Actually when played in their max dps meta builds, rangers have the third-highest dps of all, mesmers being the worst.

I like having the zerkers yelling at me as they are laying on the ground dead, as I take the boss down. It just feels so good when they tell me I am gimping them after they die.
you want challenge, run a balanced build and play the game instead of zerking all challenge out the window.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I like having the zerkers yelling at me as they are laying on the ground dead, as I take the boss down. It just feels so good when they tell me I am gimping them after they die.
you want challenge, run a balanced build and play the game instead of zerking all challenge out the window.

Using those so-called balanced builds is less challenging then doing it the pro way, it just takes ten times longer

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Game is too easy.

rjnemer.7816

You are gimping the team. Chances are you slowed down the kill so much that the team had to face tank more kitten then it should have so they died.

AH players barely puts out more damage then a dead player. So there is really no difference between you and the players on the ground. Also, by the sound of it your pugging, so dont expect good players.

Effeciency is key. If anet would actually make instanced content that required something else besides zerk gear then people would switch it up, but how it stands now its so easy you can do it in zerker gear. Honestly no gear is required for dungeons to the very talented.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Kogam.4752

Kogam.4752

PS: Is this a discussion about Ranger being good/bad or what?

Guys, he is totally right about saying GW2 is too easy. Talking about PvE, sometimes I click 1 (auto-attack) then move out, then come back and the enemy is dead, I mean, really? I’m not experienced in GW since I never tried it, but I’ve tried many other games that are much harder than this. You can get everything from every dungeon, so there is no reason going in Arah, for example, or harder dungeons, especially because most of your gear can be bought (materials included), and not acquired, which is very sad.

If you do dungeons with someone who actually listens, dungeons are also easy as cake. Fractals is the only hard thing in the game I can remember right now, but does it matter? You die, you revive at the waypoint, repair your gear and get back to fight and you haven’t lost nothing, only repair money.

If GW2 has such a good community like everyone says, they would know how to listen to opinions that would only improve their game, not make a serious post into a ranger discussion. Please guys, what makes me play GW2 is because I trust ANet will improve it to match everyone’s likes, so at least help people who are trying to change the game to better.

~ Mantus Family ~
Member of Kaineng

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I don’t understand why mobs don’t dodge our attacks

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

OP, you seem to only mention PvE…
At least for me, the problems with PvE only games, or also single player games are:
- Once a goal or a set of goals has been achieved there’s not much left to do. Whatever the goal might be (getting some ultimate weapon, getting a secret ending/character).
- If it’s say an RTS/MOBA game against bots, you can only raise your skill cap so high with just bots. Also at a certain point you will know exactly what the bots will do.
- Raids (referencing WoW) are just heavily mechanically and require slight awareness (don’t stand in red burning kitten/remember to hit the button). Only fun for me was learning/experiencing the fights the first few times… and thats it, onto achieving my goal.
- Overall, if you invest enough time, it will become easy to you… usually there’s some sort of cap on how hard a game is… eventually you will reach and exceed that cap.

The main remedy for the things above is finding friends to play with. WvW and WoW-raids are nice in these respect, find a guild, stick around and do stuff, listen to jokes and arguments on vent… so on…

If you want a challenge, if you want something relatively new every time, you need to play against other players. The reason is simple, every single person will function/do things differently than someone else. Although you might get bored from say sPvP because you played it too long (burned yourself out) or find it easy after a while (reaching a point where you can roughly predict other people’s actions (that’s on top of the basic stuff that keeps you alive)), you shouldn’t be bored or find it easy for a good while trying to learn how to PvP…

Saying that the game is easy because of so and so, simply means you reach some sort of a skill cap/barrier and are probably bored…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Game is too easy.

Behellagh.1468

I don’t understand why mobs don’t dodge our attacks

Bandits do.

RIP City of Heroes

Game is too easy.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Oh for crying out loud… The game is probably one of the most difficult MMOs out there. Everyone I’ve played the game with who has played multiple MMOs like WoW, FF, Tera, Rift, SWG, TOR, all talked about how much harder this game is. People boasting about how they can solo everything & it’s so easy are full of it.

GW1 was harder in 1 way: if you didn’t have the correct build it was impossible. If you did, it was cake. I agree there is less risk, in that you only pay for repairs, but that is how you calculate difficulty? pff..

& Tequatl? You’re complaining that it became easy once you figured out the pattern? That’s 90% of the stuff people consider “super epic hard”. Sorry, but comparing stuff to other MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is not easy.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If anet would actually make instanced content that required something else besides zerk gear then people would switch it up

This was true before Ascended gear came along, when alternate sets of gear were easy to come by. But at this point, who wants to grind a second set of gear? Anet has effectively locked people in with respect to their builds.

As a bonus, this means it’s even harder now to get people using Clerics gear in dungeons to switch to better gear.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Hardmode? Use only lvl 5 gear + no traits and you have your hardmode.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

Game is too easy.

Kogam.4752

OP, you seem to only mention PvE…
At least for me, the problems with PvE only games, or also single player games are:
- Once a goal or a set of goals has been achieved there’s not much left to do. Whatever the goal might be (getting some ultimate weapon, getting a secret ending/character).
- If it’s say an RTS/MOBA game against bots, you can only raise your skill cap so high with just bots. Also at a certain point you will know exactly what the bots will do.
- Raids (referencing WoW) are just heavily mechanically and require slight awareness (don’t stand in red burning kitten/remember to hit the button). Only fun for me was learning/experiencing the fights the first few times… and thats it, onto achieving my goal.
- Overall, if you invest enough time, it will become easy to you… usually there’s some sort of cap on how hard a game is… eventually you will reach and exceed that cap.

The main remedy for the things above is finding friends to play with. WvW and WoW-raids are nice in these respect, find a guild, stick around and do stuff, listen to jokes and arguments on vent… so on…

If you want a challenge, if you want something relatively new every time, you need to play against other players. The reason is simple, every single person will function/do things differently than someone else. Although you might get bored from say sPvP because you played it too long (burned yourself out) or find it easy after a while (reaching a point where you can roughly predict other people’s actions (that’s on top of the basic stuff that keeps you alive)), you shouldn’t be bored or find it easy for a good while trying to learn how to PvP…

Saying that the game is easy because of so and so, simply means you reach some sort of a skill cap/barrier and are probably bored…

In this case, this thread is about difficulty, not PvE game problems. About the paragraph you really talked that GW2 difficulty was in PvP and WvW, we can say that about every game, some people surpass bots’ skills and make to face them a kittenallenging, but, again, we are talking about GW2 difficulty, PvP/WvW isn’t much about GW2 since we fight against other players, not really “against GW2”, so we can say that to every game that has PvP included.

~ Mantus Family ~
Member of Kaineng

Game is too easy.

Kogam.4752

Oh for crying out loud… The game is probably one of the most difficult MMOs out there. Everyone I’ve played the game with who has played multiple MMOs like WoW, FF, Tera, Rift, SWG, TOR, all talked about how much harder this game is. People boasting about how they can solo everything & it’s so easy are full of it.

GW1 was harder in 1 way: if you didn’t have the correct build it was impossible. If you did, it was cake. I agree there is less risk, in that you only pay for repairs, but that is how you calculate difficulty? pff..

& Tequatl? You’re complaining that it became easy once you figured out the pattern? That’s 90% of the stuff people consider “super epic hard”. Sorry, but comparing stuff to other MMOs, Guild Wars 2 is not easy.

You made me laugh. Your friends doesn’t really understand about games. How come GW2 is more difficult than WoW? I mean, WoW! (got the joke?)

To start with: you know how complicated are WoW builds? And you also know how easy are GW2 PvE builds? Sadly the “rush power get zerker” is implanted. You realized even some engineers and necromancers are going power?

Honestly, I’ve came from a MMO called DDO that in a raid of 12, if one guy does a mistake, everyone else is dead and they have to restart the whole raid because you can’t revive or get in again (say Ascension Chamber raid, for instance). So that IS a considerable factor to calculate difficulty.

Come on dude. I know GW2 fanboys really want to defend their game, but don’t defend it’s “hardness”, because it isn’t. (I can say that I’m a fanboy too, but I’m flexible, learn to be too)

Edit: sorry for double post, didn’t noticed. :>

~ Mantus Family ~
Member of Kaineng

(edited by Kogam.4752)

Game is too easy.

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

If you want more challenging (and to be a better ranger player), use sword/warhorn instead of longbow in dungeons. Your damage will double (at least) and you still shouldn’t die if you’re careful. I’m actually amazed you don’t get kicked from dungeons when using longbow. Using a ranged weapon in CoE… What’ll they think of next!

Game is too easy.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Let’s set a few things straight :

There are 2 different kind of “easy”. There’s the “so easy” I can do what I want (even go afk) and get away with it, and the “so easy” because I know the encounter and know what to do.

We’ll call the first one “E1” and the second one “E2”.

A lot of players think about “E2”, but from playing quite around I’ve learned that they are most of the time full of it. I admit that this game isn’t too easy because if I mess up, I die.

Are meta event bosses too easy you could go afk ? If you answer “yes” you probably aren’t part of the group of players making the event progress. You are probably far away, getting the heals/boons from those around you and getting rallied a lot.

Is Queensdale train too easy ? If you answer “no” then you have a terrible gaming problem, because the only reason you can’t go afk during those is because you need to use a waypoint.

Are dungeons too easy ? When you are in a dungeon, you are on a team. If you can go afk, your teammates are doing all the work carrying you around. When a dungeon goes smoothly, it’s because you guys know what to do and do it correctly.

While I’m on the topic, let’s talk about the Spider in AC. The boss 99% of PUGs beat by stacking on a pillar. Unlike, let’s say Alpha, when doing this the spider poses almost no treat. You could almost fully go afk, you don’t even need to dodge and you barely need to heal yourself (if you died during this and it wasn’t a failed stack, your team is beyond terrible).

And this is the current situation we are in this game : players thinking the game is too easy but yet they can’t do anything correctly, they need borderline exploiting tactics, they need other players to do the dirty work for them.
“Mark II is so easy, I can range it with my longbow ranger”…You are lucky not everyone does that or you’d have failed that event quite a few times.

It’s not use telling someone to “play X class” or “wear white items” to make it harder. Once you know the encounter you know how to cope with using a different class or wearing white equipment. And that’s perfectly normal. The only kind of things that stay hard are when it’s random.

Cat mario or whatever other similar games are hard. Yet once you know the thing, once you get used to it, you can do it perfectly.

If you are taking ages to complete a dungeon, if you range everything, if you exploit whatever can be exploited, if you rely on others to do the job for you, you have no business calling this game “too easy”. And also, you won’t progress any bit (it pains me to see players unable to do the AC spider without needing that pillar, or regularly die during the Fire Elemental).
ANet went soft on us by making impossible for a wipe to become a whole restart of the dungeon, because that’s pure frustration. They also gave us clutches to allow less skilled players to still be able to beat the content even if it takes a bit more time.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The only kind of things that stay hard are when it’s random.

/thread

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

If you truly are serious about wanting the game to be harder, level an Elementalist and try not to die while completing personal story and doing dungeons.

Ranger damage is actually on par with most (if using sword) ranged damage will always be supbar.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

No offense but that is the DUMBEST response i have ever seen (that wasnt a purposeful troll).

Well if the guy is such a bad kitten . Then they should not be a problem. So I do not see how my response was dumb. People who say the game it too easy need to go find a Challange. Try and solo high level group events and such. Find something that is indeed challenging. I like finding ways of making the game more challanging.

But anyway why was my response dumb?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

Game is too easy.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I think that a lot of people avoid the harder content (Twilight Arbor Aetherblade path, Orr, Southsun, Teq.) and then come and complain that the game is too easy.

I also think that nothing is properly scaled for ascended gear. Everything was geared to rare or exotic. Once people get fully geared every encounter designed for a single person is too easy.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Game is too easy.

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Want hard, use white items and not exotic/ascended.

Think you mean slow.

Anyway, try to troll frostgorge champion trainers alone. That’s pretty difficult, but oh, so very rewarding.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)