Gamepad support?

Gamepad support?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

Been a while since I even tested this, but can you play GW2 with a gamepad? I prefer sitting back and enjoying GW2 with some music on, nad just taking my time. My computer is connected to a 40" TV, and I got a sofa right here, so it would be awesome if I could just lay down with a gamepad and play GW2 all day.

Gamepad support?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

You can, it’s not native, but you can make it work with third-party applications. I had it set up for my wife for a little bit and checked it out. I personally didn’t much care for it. However, with the action camera it might be more feasible than it was.

I followed this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Xbox-360-controller-and-Guild-Wars-2-merged/first
People were using an xbox controller, which is what I used. But I am sure there are some other xpadder like programs that you could use that essentially to do same thing. You’d have to find one that works with your particular gamepad.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Gamepad support?

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

A third-party solution works, but it’s too much trouble for me. It never really works all that well. I can play GW2 with the Oculus Rift if I wanted to, but because GW2 doesn’t support it natively, the result is a bit hit and miss. (even if we ignore the fact GW2 doesn’t have a decent first-person mode.) A native support for gamepads would be much appreciated.

Gamepad support?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Xbox controller here, and Xpadder.

And a bit of keyboard and mouse.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.