Gem Store Items

Gem Store Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

Hi!

So I came back to the game about 2 months ago, love it! I am wondering why gemstone items get removed? I see the same items there that was on the shop when I left a yr ago. I really want Rox’s Quiver for my ranger, I see so many with it on and I missed it, because I was not playing at the time, so when do they bring items back? if ever? Today a new outfit and as always ugly, eck! Still nothing to buy.

I’d love the harvesting tools, but 1000 gems per seems really steep, if it was all 3 that would be worth it, or even 1 per every char you make, same with the portal stone 1 for 900 gems, yes I know you can pass it around but lets face it, how many wanna do that? Honestly I do not see any value in the gem store, except the extra bank tabs, collection increases, char slots, that’s worth it. I want to buy something im getting my $$ worth.

P.S Please my Ranger hates shooting arrows out of nowhere, she wants to draw them from Rox’s Quiver

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I am wondering why gemstone items get removed?

If all items remained available at all times, people would only buy the items they actually want, as opposed to items they might want (and then not be able to get) in the future.

Gem Store Items

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Over heard in an ANet Marketing Team meeting: ""Supply"..and what did you say? “Demand”?? What is this concept you speak of??? What do you mean, “8 plus 4 doesn’t equal 20”?!? YOU’RE FIRED!!!"

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Over heard in an ANet Marketing Team meeting: ""Supply"..and what did you say? “Demand”?? What is this concept you speak of??? What do you mean, “8 plus 4 doesn’t equal 20”?!? YOU’RE FIRED!!!"

But supply and demand is the exact thing A-net is using… By creating a limited time supply they increase the “demand” for when it’s available. More impulse/might want it buys that way, it’s also a bit harder to farm gold to buy gems if there is a limited window of availability.

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

If you really want a quiver there are some ascended backpieces with similar looks that probably will cost you 60-80g in mats (close to what a gem store skin would cost, plus you get ascended stats out of it). Quiver of a thousand arrows is one of them, but i think there are a few others too

The limited items are part of the f2p nature of the game. Artificially limited supply = more demand = more money to run the game. It sucks when you take time off the game and miss stuff, but its better than the alternative of having a monthly sub

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

I know of the Ascended Quiver, and I could make it as I have the mats, however I do not like the look of it, its plain and ugly imo and I do not need ascended back item And yes I guess I could see that making something a limited item would make it Hot, however I also think that they would make a steady profit if item was always for sale all the time, loads of new people or people returning, to me its still silly.

Does anyone know when Rox’s Quiver was last up in gem store? So I could get a idea if its going to be back soon, im assuming the longer its been gone the better chance I have of it returning soon!

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Hmm I think it was there maybe 3 months ago.. Odds are good it will make a come back for HoTs release or when ever the story of DE 2.0 returns.

Gem Store Items

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

scarcity principle. Google that if you want to show any basic knowledge of marketing in the future.