Gem Store needs more Outfits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Like many players who have reached “End Game”, we’re left with few choices. Either we farm for money, or we outfit our characters. Farming for money can be fun, but the best fun is when you can combine the two choices, and farm with style! This is where we have a problem. Look-customization is limited at the moment.

The Gem Store has only a few options to pick from. Depending on the player, some Outfits may be amazing, and some may be lacking. In order to satisfy a greater majority of players, what we need is more options. The Gem Store needs to add a lot more Outfits This helps Anet in two ways:

1) More Gem Store Outfits = more revenue. Players want style, and many like me are willing to pay for it. Give us variety, and our wallets will open. Let us show NCSoft that we love this game with the only way that matters – increased sales.

2) Happy players. When players are happy, they’re more likely to tell other people about the game. This leads to the best type of public relations a company can get: free word of mouth. My friend Kenage from TTS loves this game so much, he tells everyone about it. He would show videos of our epic Tequatl kills to strangers, and then they get interested in this game. An even bigger plus is when we can show off our epic Gem Store Outfits! If we look good, that could attract new players who also want to look good while killing dragons.

So Anet, listen to the players, and give us what we want. Give us more options. Add more Outfits. Bring back bunny ears. Allow gender specific clothes to be worn by both male and female characters.

If you code it, they will come…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

How about more stuff to earn in game instead? I would rather play the game than pay the game.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So your only argument is “more profit”, why do YOU as a costumer try to find ways to improve their revenue? Isn’t that A.Net’s job? Do you think that they can just, out of nowhere, create new outfits or even armors? What if, which is most likely, they are already working at full capacity and just can’t produce more stuff?
You have to keep in mind that we do get weekly gemstore updates. Someone has to create that stuff.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Smooth Penguin.5294

One Dev can multi-task on different projects. While most of the staff is working on HoT, there are still others in the company that cycles through current projects. Colin will never tell us what’s in the pipeline, but I can assure you that they’re always looking for ways to increase sales.

On the flip side, I would like more earnable things in the game too. I’m currently rocking a full Luminous outfit and love it. But again, the key to this is variety. One moment I may be glowing as I kill people in WvW, the next moment I might want to change to my ninja outfit with wings.

Adding more Outfits is a great way to do so. If the Wings skin comes out in the Gem Store, that’ll be bringing in a large amount of sales. If a schoolgirl uniform Outfit comes out in the Gem Store, you know that’ll bring a large amount too. Or even swimsuits. Or Mounts. The options are endless!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Not more outfits, more armor sets we can mix and match.

And especially i want more :
Light and heavy leggings without skirts
medium chests that are no trenhcoats.

Really .. all my light armor classes wear embroidered pants
all my heavy armor norns and humans wear aetherblade pants
all my medium armor classes wear human T3, Krytan or duellists chest.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Nekster.2657

Nekster.2657

Its much better to add more in game armors, weapons etc… Than just gem-store stuff.
Cause right now alot of ppl dont have much to do other than wait for GW2: Hearth of Thorns news.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Having Outfits that allow us to mix and match would be good too. They core mechanic that will make all players happy is more variety.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’d rather templates to add multiple armour sets be added first so we can switch to what we want quicker

Smooth Penguin.5294

Penguin is a well known troll. Don’t fall for it, just ignore.

Hey now, that hurts. I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from, but I assure you that I’m a dedicated player such as yourself. Trolls don’t make posts that offer ideas to Anet to help increase sales, now do they?

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I just got a giggle that on the 1st page is another post that says " Stop making outfits!!!".

It’s the little things in life that amuse me.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’d rather templates to add multiple armour sets be added first so we can switch to what we want quicker

That would be a good idea to go with multiple Outfits. What we’d have to be careful of is unintentional clicks that drain Transmutation Charges for templates we didn’t want to select.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Thought this would have been one of those, “said no one ever” threads but I guess not. Individual pieces > Outfits so players can mix and match.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

So your only argument is “more profit”, why do YOU as a costumer try to find ways to improve their revenue? Isn’t that A.Net’s job? Do you think that they can just, out of nowhere, create new outfits or even armors? What if, which is most likely, they are already working at full capacity and just can’t produce more stuff?
You have to keep in mind that we do get weekly gemstore updates. Someone has to create that stuff.

I am perpetually amused by this typo in this context. Costumers put on clothing to dress up, customers purchase things …

I don’t think Smooth Penguin is just trying to come up with revenue ideas for ANet. It’s more likely the common practice of trying to “sell” Anet on a suggestion by claiming they’ll make money if they simply do what the suggester requests.

I wouldn’t mind more outfits so long as they are not the only way to get new costumes. Many of them have been superbly detailed. I do wish they’d allow bits to be hidden (notably shoulders) and helms to be mix-matched in. I also wish they’d put more actual armors in game either via gems or game play because I love combining things into neat new looks. Also it would be super nice if each outfit saved its own dye scheme.

Smooth Penguin.5294

With all items in the Gem Store, players have the option of buying Gems with a creditcard, or exchanging Gold in game. People like me support Anet through creditcard microtransactions, and the more variety in the store, the more we’ll spend.

Yes I would like to mix and match pieces of armor, but that still falls into the idea of having more customization. What I’d like is just a lot more options, period. I don’t go to the store at the mall, only to look at a handful of clothes. If it’s one thing my wife taught me, you need to browse through everything, trying on piece after piece to get the right feel. I’m looking for the Gem Store to become like Macy’s. Give me three floors to browse – Outfits, individual armor pieces, and accessories like Bunny Ears.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

There’s plenty of new outfits coming to the gem store soon.

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

why can’t the solution just be to allow mix n matching from outfits.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

They could have made a lot more money off the mix n match. I believe I paid more than 800 for the gathering shorts, sleeveless hoodie and witches outfit (for the boots). I would have paid 800 each.

They could make a lot of money selling different running and walking animations. Maybe a limp or a skip. They can start by putting the old human female running animation in the store. I’d pay money to have it back.

They could make a lot of money selling idle animations and adding tech to make each distinct animation an account bound thing you enable/disable on a character by character basis. Maybe flipping a coin? Flexing? They can start by putting the human female idle animations in the store. I’d buy them back.

Sadly, it’s not always about money. There’s also the healthy and appropriate demon.

Or…they could add some more hazmat suits.

Interesting side note: Spell check suggests I go with mahatma instead of hazmat. When in doubt, Sanskrit.

Smooth Penguin.5294

They could have made a lot more money off the mix n match. I believe I paid more than 800 for the gathering shorts, sleeveless hoodie and witches outfit (for the boots). I would have paid 800 each.

They could make a lot of money selling different running and walking animations. Maybe a limp or a skip. They can start by putting the old human female running animation in the store. I’d pay money to have it back.

They could make a lot of money selling idle animations and adding tech to make each distinct animation an account bound thing you enable/disable on a character by character basis. Maybe flipping a coin? Flexing? They can start by putting the human female idle animations in the store. I’d buy them back.

Sadly, it’s not always about money. There’s also the healthy and appropriate demon.

Interesting side note: Spell check suggests I go with mahatma instead of hazmat. When in doubt, Sanskrit.

Those are great ideas. Perhaps they could be incorporated into new Outfits? Say, certain Outfits you buy may allow for unique /emote commands!

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Once they added an outfit, they should keep them there permanently, even if it is related to some holiday.

There are some that I want to buy, but they are not available anymore, and don’t know if they will come back. That is at least 1 sale revenue they are missing.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Once they added an outfit, they should keep them there permanently, even if it is related to some holiday.

There are some that I want to buy, but they are not available anymore, and don’t know if they will come back. That is at least 1 sale revenue they are missing.

There’s a marketing strategy to bringing out limited time items. It adds some prestige to the item, making them more appealing to some. When a player sees that X item is only going to be available for 2 weeks, it forces them to make an impulse buy, or a purchase that they might not have considered if the item was always there. Research shows that a business can make more money from certain impulse buys than to offer it everyday.

This works for in-game drops too. Consider the Jetpack skin. This was an ultra rare drop that was taking out of the loot tables. Whoever wears this is automatically assumed to be a great player, giving them an “awe” factor.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

MORE HEAVY ARMOR OUTFITS!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I need a swimsuit outfit for when winter endz and I can swim freestyle.
Also need it for the warm oasises in Meguuma.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Just report him and move on.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Just report him and move on.

Report who?

Smooth Penguin.5294

I need a swimsuit outfit for when winter endz and I can swim freestyle.
Also need it for the warm oasises in Meguuma.

That should be easy, since multiple swimsuit skins are already in game, via Southsun Cove’s private beach. I’ve been waiting for years for Anet to release them into the Gem Store.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve bought several armor sets, but I will NEVER buy an outfit (nor did I ever buy one before Wardrobe). They seem to be the ultimate symbol of conformity and lemming mentality (but that’s just me).

I support resources being used to develop the things I will spend gems on an Outfits are not among them.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

I think it’s hilarious that people are saying things like “add more in-game outfits” when we’re about to get an expansion, which will no doubt be full of new armors.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My preference, add loads of outfits in the gem store and put the new armors in game.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

My preference, add loads of outfits in the gem store and put the new armors in game.

Works for me.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Those are great ideas. Perhaps they could be incorporated into new Outfits? Say, certain Outfits you buy may allow for unique /emote commands!

No, I would want them to be independent things.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

How about more stuff to earn in game instead? I would rather play the game than pay the game.

+1

My thoughts exactly.

Smooth Penguin.5294

This would satisfy a lot of people. Those like me who don’t mind sending money on looks, and those who want more rewards. Anet had the opportunity to do both with HoT. New mechanics can mean new challenges that give you exclusive in-game skins, but there could also be Gem Store Outfits that compliment the mechanics as well. For instance, more types of “wing” skins for the gliding.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…the key to this is variety.

In other words, “more everything:”

• outfits
  • armors
  • tonics, for combat or brawling or jumping (or all three?)

And from all sources:

• gem shop
  • RNG
  • earned, by skill
  • earned, by collection
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: tanto.4217

tanto.4217

No more outfits, more armor skins on the other hand i would love too see and that the current outfits got turned to armor skins ^^

Smooth Penguin.5294

…the key to this is variety.

In other words, “more everything:”

• outfits
  • armors
  • tonics, for combat or brawling or jumping (or all three?)

And from all sources:

• gem shop
  • RNG
  • earned, by skill
  • earned, by collection

I agree that more of all of the above is what we all want. But to zero in on the Gem Store, I would like to go shopping in a store with a lot of variety, not just a few Outfits here and there. Because not everyone has the same tastes in looks, more of all types of Outfits would work best. Just us, the players, decide what products we like, and what we buy at one time, not a random product every month or two.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It definitely does!

The only thing I disliked about the store is the fact that the gem conversion to gold has directly affected the TP centric nature of this game. It’s terribly bloated the economy and the silk thread talks alot about this issue!

But I have always supported games both console and PC with purchases of skins. It’s absolutely fun full time to get those things for me. I can’t express how this should be the direction of the economic structure of this game!

More skins would eliminate the need to have such a TP centric structure in this game it would eliminate the need to buy gold and it would make the earnings more profitable because many of us left because of the way the economy and loot is now.

If they added more skins more useful items and no I don’t mean boosts it would make for better earnings and give the game an honest outlook for the future after HoT.

Not to mention the fun things we might be able to get. For example, I want non-combat activities to do. I want things like fishing, hunting, taming, housing. If I took just one item from that list, let’s say fishing, and talked about the things one needs when fishing there are rods, nets, a fishing chair, umbrella, cosmetic outfits like overalls, a lumberjack shirt boots and gloves, lures etc.

Talk about a whole store full of items right there. I’m amazed that no one over there is thinking of these things really.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Smooth Penguin.5294

If they put in a Maid Outfit, that could lead to player housing!

If they put in a Fishing Outfit, that could lead to fishing in game!

If they put in a Schoolgirl Outfit, that would lead to more interesting roleplaying!

See how wonderful Outfits can be?